Seattle Bears Press Conference

14 hours ago, Banackock said:

Bana's S93 Quick Q's - #2 :sea:

image.png.1659973d980153f73b371d701d1fd552.png

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. One more time, I POST LOTS OF QUESTIONS SO THAT IF I MISS A WEEK, YOU ALWAYS HAVE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER. YOU CAN ANSWER ANY OLD WEEKS Q's. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

12. What are your thoughts on Seattle trading for McFleury and St. Louis from Calgary?

13. What are your thoughts on Seattle's drafting?

14. What was the biggest Seattle draft surprise?

15. What are you up to this week?

16. What are your expectations for your player in the upcoming season?

17. What are your expectations for Seattle this season?

18. What do you think of Seattle landing BIG FA, Eagles @Greg_Di?????

19. How did all the rookies celebrate on a night out after being drafted?

20. What was one thing the GM said when he congratulated your player being drafted?

21. @Nathan_8 had a funny emergency right before he was about to be drafted... what did he have going on?? ;) 

22. Teammate Nightmare @zepheter whispered something into @Victor ear right after he was selected 2nd overall. What he say to him?

23. The city of Seattle celebrated the huge night with some amazing surprises for the city. What did they do for them?

24. McDonalds, in Seattle, came out with a new ice cream flavour to celebrate @Chillybro and his wonderful username. What kind of icecream and what's it called?

12. This will put us in a position to be competitive. Didn't give up any important draft capital either. Great work from Bana.

13. A++. Gianfranco is going to be a stud, and Ecker might be a steal for us. Zinek and Nowaczyk could end up becoming something as well. 

14. Trading into the first round to draft Ecker was a great move. Going in I felt we needed one more first-round prospect, and it was a treat to see that it ended up happening.

16. I'm not expecting a ton of production. I just want to help us be defensively responsible, so, ideally, I'll move out of the negative in +/-. Lots of work to flip the career total though 😂. 40 points again would be nice. 

17. We're winning the cup. Haha probably not, but I think we'll push for a playoff spot. Come the end of the season I think we could be in the wildcard if not better. Just banking on good chemistry from this group. 

18. This instantly gives us another top-line scoring threat. We're still young, but when you add players like Eagles who can elevate his teammates this could end up working out even better than expected. 

Edited by zepheter

12. What are your thoughts on Seattle trading for McFleury and St. Louis from Calgary?

Great additions to the ever evolving Seattle team. I played with McFleury for 2 seasons in Vancouver so I know what he can bring to the table.

I think the draft went well, picked up some solid players that will help Seattle out in the near future.

Will be starting my pre-season training and getting Henry up to speed before another long season. He needs to be ready to go from the start if he is to reach his goals for the season

I am still chasing the 100 point goal since I was drafted first overall. Hoping I can achieve that here in my final season!

I am expecting a minimum of a wildcard playoff finish. The team is starting to look good and if we make playoffs...who knows, we have seen that anything can happen.

18. What do you think of Seattle landing BIG FA, Eagles @Greg_Di?????

I am excited to be here for my final season and hoping we can cause some upsets this season!

20 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. One more time, I POST LOTS OF QUESTIONS SO THAT IF I MISS A WEEK, YOU ALWAYS HAVE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER. YOU CAN ANSWER ANY OLD WEEKS Q's. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

20. What was one thing the GM said when he congratulated your player being drafted?

21. @Nathan_8 had a funny emergency right before he was about to be drafted... what did he have going on?? ;) 

22. Teammate Nightmare @zepheter whispered something into @Victor ear right after he was selected 2nd overall. What he say to him?

23. The city of Seattle celebrated the huge night with some amazing surprises for the city. What did they do for them?

24. McDonalds, in Seattle, came out with a new ice cream flavour to celebrate @Chillybro and his wonderful username. What kind of icecream and what's it called?

12. Who doesn't love a McFleury? Delicious!

13. Victor is a sure thing and it's good to get a blue chip like that.

15. Well, my kid just came down with a flu or something, so probably not much!

16. It's probably going to be ugly. I'm the rookie goalie on a team at the beginning of a rebuild. 

17. Better than last season, but I doubt we'll make the playoffs. 

20. "I just wanted you to know, we're all counting on you. Good luck."

On 3/10/2024 at 4:30 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

1. Personally I don't really get it, unless your planing to ship them out at the tdl? I won't question ya.

2. I trust your drafting.

3. I wasn't really paying attention to the draft soooo Zink.... I guess?

4. Work and relaxing.

5. At or above a point per game, above 30 goals.

6. A little better but probably still missing the playoffs.

I think it's a very good move considering the need to get out of cap trouble from Calgary and I think its great that both of us managed to end up here.

This week I am going to be skiing, studying, and watching hockey + soccer.

I'm not expecting a lot from St-Louis, but I'm hoping she can get somewhat close to a point per game on this new team.

I am not expecting to win the conference or anything, but I think we should make the playoffs and once that happens, anything can.

I think this is a great move- landing a player who immediately has the most TPA on the team is of course awesome! It's nice to have 3 complete sets of wingers.

That he was excited to have me along and hoped I would stay a long time with Riga (which I did).

Bana's S93 Quick Q's - #3 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

25. @Victor plans to open an Italian restaurant in Seattle. What will the name be and what will their #1 dish we called?

26. How has your player done so far to start the season?

27. Thoughts on the Bears start?

28. What team is over performing in the VHL right now?

29. VHL is heading to Australia for a vacation to visit @Berocka. What are some top things you want to do?

30. @sadie made the move from Calgary to Seattle. Her first day in the city, what did you guys do to show her SEATTLE

31.  @FiZi seemed to have missed a graphic.. media or even welfare last week. You pay him a visit with a gift to encourage him. What's the gift of motivation??

32. Matthew Highmore, @NineIQ v2, is going to live up to his name in Seattle and open a cannabis brand called Highmore. What's their slogan and Bear themed smoke? ;)

33. @Mongoose87 recently shut out the Moscow Menace? How'd the team treat them after the game?

34. Eagles @Greg_Di has 9 goals in 10 games. SCORING MACHINE. What's something they bring to the team that you look up to in such a veteran player and member?

10 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

25. @Victor plans to open an Italian restaurant in Seattle. What will the name be and what will their #1 dish we called?

29. VHL is heading to Australia for a vacation to visit @Berocka. What are some top things you want to do?

30. @sadie made the move from Calgary to Seattle. Her first day in the city, what did you guys do to show her SEATTLE

31.  @FiZi seemed to have missed a graphic.. media or even welfare last week. You pay him a visit with a gift to encourage him. What's the gift of motivation??

32. Matthew Highmore, @NineIQ v2, is going to live up to his name in Seattle and open a cannabis brand called Highmore. What's their slogan and Bear themed smoke? ;)

33. @Mongoose87 recently shut out the Moscow Menace? How'd the team treat them after the game?

34. Eagles @Greg_Di has 9 goals in 10 games. SCORING MACHINE. What's something they bring to the team that you look up to in such a veteran player and member?

31. Some little bobble heads never hurt.

33. Showered that man in water before his shower.

34. Good cellys, never get anywhere without them.

26. 5 points in nearly 10 games, not too hot.

30. See the cool tower that’s there.

25. The Bear Claw, easily the best.

Bana's S93 Quick Q's - #4 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

35. The league wants to beat all countries to the moon. We build a rocket. What does the VHL name it?

36. The Seattle Bears have created a new cryptocurrency for the VHL. It hits the market. What is it's name?

37. Russian hackers attack the VHL and hold us ransom. They have demands. What do they want from the VHL?

38. What is something the league doesn't do, or could add, that you'd like to see in the future?

39. What are your thoughts on the current state of things in the VHL right now?

40. How has the Seattle locker room been for you so far? Any thing we can improve on? :) 

4 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

35. The league wants to beat all countries to the moon. We build a rocket. What does the VHL name it?

36. The Seattle Bears have created a new cryptocurrency for the VHL. It hits the market. What is it's name?

37. Russian hackers attack the VHL and hold us ransom. They have demands. What do they want from the VHL?

38. What is something the league doesn't do, or could add, that you'd like to see in the future?

40. How has the Seattle locker room been for you so far? Any thing we can improve on? :) 

35. I mean, Victory is just there. 

36. Ugh. Bearcoin, I guess?

37. They're probably going to make us give up all those Bearcoins we just mined. 

38. I always thought it would be neat to find some freely-available game people could compete at, with the winners getting a TPE package. 

39. I'm concerned about the state of the VHLM and VHLE. The M used to be so fun and competitive, now teams are struggling to ice full lineups. 

40. It's been fine. TBH, I don't have as much time to spend on Discord as I used to. 

22 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

1. Not great, 4 points in 12 games, last season Kadachi had 10 points in 18 games, he's looking to finish with like 6 points in 18 games.

2. Very up and down.

3. I'll say United, though not by much.

4. Visit friends I have over there.

5. The beach.

6. Well to dinner of course.

On 3/24/2024 at 10:26 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

26. Great! We’re finally putting up some offense and wining some games big. 

27. Moving in the right direction here. Not quite where we need to be, but we have the pieces and need to continue to be patient. 

29. I’ve never been, but I like to go to local bars, sports games, restaurants, and sightsee. 

31. I walk up, shake his hand, lean in slowly and give him the most vicious wedgie until he promises he will never misses a point task again! 

33. Water bottle shower in the LR and paid for his dinner because I’m filthy rich thanks to all of the bonuses I’ve been gifted. 

34. Always helps to have someone who can lead by example and Eagles is doing that by putting on one of the stronger performances in the league. Players like Eagles help us set the tone for the better half of the rebuild we’re going through and give us a chance to accomplish more than we probably should. 

On 3/10/2024 at 7:30 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

21. Right before I was drafted I was baking a celebratory cake which I burned because I'm a very bad cook.

24. Mcdonalds came out with an ice cream flavour called chillycream which is a neopolitan ice cream.

13. I think Seattle had a great draft as well as the steal of the draft 10th overall😉.

16. We're about 20 games in and I'm just over a point per game so I'm hoping to improve that as well as work on my defence as a -7 (I think) will not cut it.

19. We went to the bar and drank the whole damn place even if some of the draftees are not legal drinking age.

20. When I was drafted GM Blake Campbell said "Earn that TPE and let's kick some ass".

On 3/25/2024 at 12:17 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

37. Russian hackers attack the VHL and hold us for ransom. They have demands. What do they want from the VHL?

35. Call it Beketov's Bullet. 

36. We're gonna name it $IMON. Buy before it's too late.

37. They want Simon's Worst Nightmare. He is the greatest threat to the VHL, and in their hands could destroy the VHL we know and love...

38. Bring back the all-star game! With all of the different tournaments going on it can't be that difficult to add something for the best players around the league. 

39. I think it's fine. I'm not necessarily tuned into much outside of the LR though. 

40. It's been great. Everybody seems to be good company and looking to improve the team. 

On 3/26/2024 at 2:17 AM, Banackock said:

35. The Very High Launch Rocket or the VHL Rocket for short

36. BanaCoin it is tied to the win/loss ratio of Bana

37. Three more Russian teams and that for Moscow to always make playoffs

38. Give free tpe to those of us in the southern hemisphere 

39. Mentally just don't have any ideas on how to contribute at the moment

40. I haven't been paying as much attention as I should have

On 3/25/2024 at 9:17 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

1. Would have to be Victory rocket

2. Victorycurrency

3. To know where the sliders are at in the sim engine

4. I'm not sure, some kind of get together I guess?

5. It's fine.

6. It's good, I know I'm talkative in there but it's not because of any negative reasons.

Bana's S93 Quick Q's - #5 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

41. @zepheter current sits 11th all-time for Seattle Bears blocked shots. What magic/voodoo do they use to be such a machine? 

42. @Greg_Di is sitting 8th in the league right now for points and are on pace for their best season. How do you see them sometimes prep for games?

43. @ROOKIE745 does some unique stuff during pre-game warm ups. What do you see them doing to warm up?

44. You've just been asked to autograph a VERY weird item. What was it? Who wanted the autograph?

45. Costanzov @Mongoose87 is 3rd in the league for shutouts with 2 as a rookie goalie. They credit their play to a special pastry. What do they like to eat after games to celebrate?

46. John Jameson of Prague is on an absolute tear. How does Seattle prepare for a player like that?

47. @JB123 is sitting at 397 at the moment for games played. How will the team celebrate his 400th game?

48. @sadie recently got goal #200 of their career. What song did the team play for them in the LR to pump em up?

49. @zepheter 100 CAREER ASSISTS. The team did an apple themed party. What did YOU bring to the party?

50. @Berocka is one point away from tying their career high. What's it like having an aussie on the team??

51. Someone from around the VHL prank calls you. Who do they pretend to be? What do they say?

52. Commissioner for a day!! What are some things you'd do?

53. @hedgehog337 a legend steps away from managing Riga. One of the best of all time. Some of their records will only be touched by very few. What were your thoughts when finding out this news?

54. A referee comes up to you during a commercial break and tells you a joke. What joke did they tell you?

Most likely we name it after the VHLE and then send it to the moon too where we will never hear from it again.

Basic as it might be, bearcoin because you're not getting a better name than that.

They want 4 TPE a week as job pay because hacking is hard work.

I'd like to see something resembling an all-star game, or a couple of games with picked teams at somepoint in the season.

I'm hoping we'll see another wave of new players soon; big recruitment drives are fun. I think the VHL is in a good place right now though and I think there is a pretty good atmosphere about it.

It is a great locker room!

7 hours ago, Banackock said:

41. @zepheter current sits 11th all-time for Seattle Bears blocked shots. What magic/voodoo do they use to be such a machine? 

42. @Greg_Di is sitting 8th in the league right now for points and are on pace for their best season. How do you see them sometimes prep for games?

43. @ROOKIE745 does some unique stuff during pre-game warm ups. What do you see them doing to warm up?

44. You've just been asked to autograph a VERY weird item. What was it? Who wanted the autograph?

45. Costanzov @Mongoose87 is 3rd in the league for shutouts with 2 as a rookie goalie. They credit their play to a special pastry. What do they like to eat after games to celebrate?

46. John Jameson of Prague is on an absolute tear. How does Seattle prepare for a player like that?

41. It is a little known fact that Zeph is trying to get out of the way of the pucks but because his ankles are so sore he can never get out of the way in time

42. They bring a mini net and just snipe goals in the locker room as everyone else is getting dressed

43. I really hate if I have to sit next to them in warm ups they like to juggle throwing knifes to boost adrenaline and get their hand eye going

44. Someone wanted me to autograph a kangaroo which is weird as I am from the USA and not Australian at all

45. They always eat a donut as that is how many goals they want to allow every game

46.  I just skate really fast and aim for the knees

23 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

47. @JB123 is sitting at 397 at the moment for games played. How will the team celebrate his 400th game?

48. @sadie recently got goal #200 of their career. What song did the team play for them in the LR to pump em up?

49. @zepheter 100 CAREER ASSISTS. The team did an apple themed party. What did YOU bring to the party?

50. @Berocka is one point away from tying their career high. What's it like having an aussie on the team??

51. Someone from around the VHL prank calls you. Who do they pretend to be? What do they say?

53. @hedgehog337 a legend steps away from managing Riga. One of the best of all time. Some of their records will only be touched by very few. What were your thoughts when finding out this news?

54. A referee comes up to you during a commercial break and tells you a joke. What joke did they tell you?

45. I heard it was macaroons.

53. Legends depart but they are never forgotten. 

52. Maybe some more TPE in ways.

49. An apple covered in apple sauce.

47. Team dinner and a party afterwards.

44. Some dude on the street asked me to sign a plastic cup from 7/11.

On 4/7/2024 at 8:12 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

41. Welfare and practice facility is all the magic I need for SWN. 

46. After the trade for Jubis our defense should see significant improvement. Hope we can slow him down. 

49. Hopefully not apples because I’m allergic to them.

50. Happy to have Berocka on the team. Gustav is going to explode next season.

53. I never had the chance to play for hedge, but I always had a respect for his team. I would’ve been ecstatic to play for Riga had I been given the opportunity.  All the best and I hope he can return at some point if time allows because this community is better off with him in it. 

54. “The Calgary Wranglers.”

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

41. Probably healing magic. Ouch. 

43. Before each game they rub their stick with the taxidermied remains of their beloved childhood cat. 

44. It was a nuclear warhead and the fan was a Korean man surrounded by nervous cronies. 

46. Well, there's only one solution for Prague problems: defenestration.

49. I brought pears. I don't play by the rules. 

52. I'm going to give the Bat Signal a try. 

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

43. I see them whacking their stick against their shin.

44. I was asked to autograph a living bear by a Bears superfan.

46. Watch A LOT of film no sleep just film.

51. I got prank called by someone pretending to be the ceo of a massive company trying to sponsor me.

52. I would be the M commiseration and tell Simon to stop messing with my lines.

54. The ref told me that he could see the play, was a really funny joke.

All we can really do is put our best shutdown forwards out with him and otherwise do what we normally do.

48. @sadie recently got goal #200 of their career. What song did the team play for them in the LR to pump em up?

lowkey elevation by U2

49. @zepheter 100 CAREER ASSISTS. The team did an apple themed party. What did YOU bring to the party?

I brought caramel apples of course!

50. @Berocka is one point away from tying their career high. What's it like having an aussie on the team??

They always walk into the room on the ceiling upside down and they are too big a fan of rugby and Lachlan Summers. Other than that it's pretty okay.

Change NYA's logo and move a team to Montreal.

53. @hedgehog337 a legend steps away from managing Riga. One of the best of all time. Some of their records will only be touched by very few. What were your thoughts when finding out this news?

I was surprised and a little sad because he was my GM with Riga for the first seasons of my career and was of course the first one to ever draft me into the VHL.

it posted twice because i submitted it when the forum went down

Edited by sadie
whoops