EXPERIENCE POINTS

Recently, I was the GM of Team World at the World Junior Championships (WJC) for S67. I’m not here to brag about the results, however, I am here to initiate a discussion on why the WJC and the World Championships and the World Cup of Hockey should provide some sort of bonus for the medal teams.

I’m not talking TPE, that would be unfair. I am talking Experience points.  

Would be similar to the way the VHL playoffs work (and so should the VHLM while I'm discussing this):

VHL

Experience Points Earned:

Full VHL Season

VHLM Call-Up

Playoffs

Finals

Players are able to gain a maximum of 8 experience points. These are a little high for the VHL, in my opinion, and should be lowered – especially due to the possibility to earn in World Tournaments and the VHL as I am suggesting. Given this current rubric, I suggest the following changes and additions to Experience points:

VHL

Full VHL Season

VHLM Call-Up

Playoffs

Finals

All players still benefit. Additional point given for making the playoffs and for making the finals. 

VHLM

Full VHLM Season

Part Season (<50 games)

Playoffs

Finals

This would allow VHLM players to benefit from experience.

World Championship

Bronze

Silver

Gold

World Junior Championships

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Let’s not forget what we’re looking at here: EXPERIENCE! 

Sticking to the root of that word, it seems we aren’t giving out experience points for experience at all. We are giving them out for being in the VHL – and nowhere else. The VHLM, WJC, and the World Championships are all unique EXPERIENCES on our site and we should treat them in said fashion. They are something not everyone can do, or experience; therefore, they should provide experience points. 

This is how experiences work. Some have different experiences. Some have more experiences in something, some have less. Let’s get back to the basics of the meaning of experience and make this change happen ASAP. 

Sincerely, 

A Disgruntled Motzaburger

I wouldn't drop the VHL level experience down at all (or if so maybe the full season down to 4 if the other changes are added), but I think it's not a terrible idea. My only concerns would be for VHLM it would further encourage trade deadline players to latch on to a playoffs team (not sure how much you could or would want to discourage that anyway), and making the World Cup/World Juniors only for medal winners would just discourage players from picking locations that aren't like Canada who are almost guaranteed a medal each time.

13 minutes ago, ColeMrtz21 said:

Yeah, and I stand by it

Questionable at best. 

I applied nothing. I showed a flaw in our systems and provided an example of how we could fix it. Sorry bruh, go back to school so you can understand. 

18 hours ago, Motzaburger said:

Questionable at best. 

I applied nothing. I showed a flaw in our systems and provided an example of how we could fix it. Sorry bruh, go back to school so you can understand. 

Oh I thought you were questioning if I understood experience points, I didn’t realize you were so dense that you couldn’t comprehend “application” referencing your joke of a solution. Ya know because that’s how the word works.