DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

D.C DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE

For the week ending October 24th!

1. Recently we acquired Victor Grachev in a trade, do you think we should do more trades or keep the squad as it is?

2. Which VHL record would you like to break?

3. Which is your best season in the league?

4. We have 3 players in the TOP10 of points leaders, the same as Vancouver. Which Big 3 do you choose? (D.C - Dood, Dear and Welch, Vancouver - Zolner, Reinhart, Tucker) And why?

5. Favorite holiday?

6. NHL is starting, which team is going to win the Stanley Cup this year?

On 10/20/2021 at 12:15 AM, osens said:

For the week ending October 24th!

1. Recently we acquired Victor Grachev in a trade, do you think we should do more trades or keep the squad as it is?

4. We have 3 players in the TOP10 of points leaders, the same as Vancouver. Which Big 3 do you choose? (D.C - Dood, Dear and Welch, Vancouver - Zolner, Reinhart, Tucker) And why?

5. Favorite holiday?

1. Well as it's after the trade deadline we can't do much else...but our team is looking pretty slick on a huge winning streak nowadays so it's great to see.

2. Honestly not huge into wanting to break records, I just wanna be a good blue liner for which ever team wants me.

3. My best season is currently the one going on right now is we're talking about points, but I'd say my best season personally is my first season in D.C. as I finally felt like I was apart of a team with a direction.

4. D.C. BABYYYYY, gotta go for the mix of vets and prime rather than Vancouver if we're talking about now, definitely the Vancouver squad for the future.

5. Definitely Christmas, nothing beats waking up on Christmas day with snow on the ground, Christmas songs blasting with the firelog on the T.V., and opening up stockings and watching shitty Christmas movies.

6. DETROIT BABY ITS OUR YEAR THIS YEAR WITHOUT A DOUBT. *copium*

Probably keep things as they are. I suspect the more we try to change the squad up now, the more it'll cost the franchise in the long run and the less predictable our playoff run will be - which could be good... or very bad.

None. I want a very reasonable, previously-achieved milestone: a single HoF player.

Probably a couple of seasons ago when I was on Warsaw and we won the championship. I had a previous player in Apollo Hackett that had an OK final season, but ultimately I got so fed up with zero production season-in and season-out that even winning the championship was meh.

DC, of course.

5. Favorite holiday?

I don't know if I have one. I'm not a terribly festive person at baseline.

I don't watch the NHL, so we'll go with whoever won the last two titles. I think that was Tampa? Sure, why not three in a row?

For the week ending October 31th!

1. We have finished the season in 3rd NA Conference place. We won't have to play in 1st round. What will you be doing in the free time?

2. Dragons had 3rd most goals scored in the league, where do you think D.C will rank next season, when Dood will be retired?

3. What will be the hardest challenge to overcome in playoffs?

4.  What is something you are really good at?

5. What is the best thing you can remember from your childhood?

6. If you had to choose different name for this league, what would it be?

On 10/28/2021 at 12:15 AM, osens said:

For the week ending October 31th!

1. We have finished the season in 3rd NA Conference place. We won't have to play in 1st round. What will you be doing in the free time?

2. Dragons had 3rd most goals scored in the league, where do you think D.C will rank next season, when Dood will be retired?

1. I'll probably just use my free time to take a few extra shots of alcohol and drinking beer more than usual as I don't have to practice the next day for awhile : )
2. Without Mr. Dood, we'll be losing a huge catalyst in our forward group and team overall, as he in my eyes is Captain Dragon, so I think we'll be far worse than now.

3. Hardest challenge for us is consistently, as I think that has been the thing that bites us in the ass more than anything, as sometimes we are unbeatable and sometimes we are lacking goal support more than anything.

4. I'm really good at being awkward at the best of times possible, and usually the one that gets the most drunk at parties.

5. Best thing? I'd probably go to things like Christmas and opening up my stockings and getting my favourite candies and shampoo as weird as that sounds, as that was my favourite thing on Christmas.

6. I'd go for Kristof Nagy, as I'd probably not use my actual last name and play up the Hungarian stuff a bit more.

Sleeping. I need sleep. SO badly.

I'm uh... a little concerned that the team will look very different next season. So let's say 9th?

Getting through the first series. Take it one at a time - if we screw up the first series there's no second one.

Staying up for really long times per day and working lots of hours, I guess.

Weirdly, taking advanced classes in school. I focused a lot on being challenged academically.

Nerd Digital Hockey League (NDHL).

What free time? I'm busy doing prep work for game 3 of the Conference Playoffs. 

They won't lose a beat. Dood was a great player but there will be one or two players that can step up and contribute more next season.

Any game against Malmo. I hear those guys have ice running through their veins!

Possibly answering other teams press conferences when the lazy Nighthawks front office hasn't done it yet.

All of it prior to turning 21 and officially becoming an adult. Don't waste the prime years of your life kids!

FHSSL - Fake Hockey Superstar Simulation League

For the week ending November 7th!

1. We have won the series against Chicago! What can you tell us about our next opponent - Vancouver Wolves?

2.  Lester Green has stepped up in playoffs, having most points in the team. Who needs to step up in the next series to win over Wolves?

3. 5 of the 7 games in the 1st round with Chicago ended with 1 goal difference. Do you think it's a good thing we are keeping it close or bad that we can't pull away or get it done?

4. What kind of special power would you like?

5. Which celebrity would you like to spend your vacation together with and why?

6. Which Guinness record would you be able to break?

On 11/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, osens said:

1. We have won the series against Chicago! What can you tell us about our next opponent - Vancouver Wolves?

2.  Lester Green has stepped up in playoffs, having most points in the team. Who needs to step up in the next series to win over Wolves?

3. 5 of the 7 games in the 1st round with Chicago ended with 1 goal difference. Do you think it's a good thing we are keeping it close or bad that we can't pull away or get it done?

1. As I am doing this late, I can tell you guys that they sweep you.

2. I don't know how much the points changed from then to now but I'm gonna say Dood.

3. I would say it's more of a bad sign, your scraping by wins which could mean your next opponent is another level ahead of you guys.

4. To turn into a dragon!!

5. Pierce Brosnan, talk about Bond and just get to know, seems like a really cool guy.

6. None of them, I don't have the talents to break any DX

On 11/4/2021 at 9:00 PM, osens said:

1. I'll tell you that they are a fierce opponent, so fierce that I could tell you that maybe...just maybe that they could sweep us 💀
2. I think overall we needed to be defensive as if one thing is for certain is that Vacouver is a POWERHOUSE waiting to just score and score more and more. Sadly that didn't happen and I take it mostly on my player more than anything.

3. It's both good and bad, as Chicago is not what they used to be in terms of cup champs, but they are still a good opponent. So to win against them in these close games show that we aren't just lucky ourselves to the playoffs. However, the fact we can't absolutely dominate shows that we aren't quite the cup favourites.

4. Probably invisibility. Get some cash from bank robbing and in general live a normal life until I need some more $$$ you know what I mean?

5. Celebritys are kind of overrated, I'd rather spend a nice margarita vacation with my AGM for the D.C. Dragons on a beach in Hawaii 😍

6. Probably most consecutive days without having a girlfriend, as I could see myself being omega sad and just becoming a wizard eventually 😢

They're gonna beat us. :(

Sucks to be from the future where things didn't go so well.

Again, we're doomed unfortunately as I come from the future.

The latter. Vancouver was clearly superior to Chicago throughout the season - slump or otherwise, bad-natured response or otherwise - and that was obvious during the playoffs, too.

None. "Special power" means "probably going to get caught up in some weird government project," so let me stay as mundane as possible.

Emilia Clarke seems like the kind of person who would be great to hang out with, but wouldn't want to do anything crazy extravagant. Let's go with her.

I like as little publicity as possible, so let's say "the fewest world records broken by a single individual," which is tied about 7 billion ways with 0.

For the week ending November 21st!

1. It's off-season time, how do you keep your form up in the off-season?

2. Which VHL player would you say is your rival or closest player to that?

3. Which VHL teams has loudest fans and most quiet fans?

4. What is the best lifehack you use during your everyday life?

5. What did you have for your lunch today?

6. Cats or dogs?

Edited by osens

• 2 weeks later...

For the week ending November 28st!

1. We are going into rebuild, do you think it was the time for it?

2. Rebuilds can be long and exhausting, what is the key thing to have a succesful rebuild?

3. Training camp is going full roll - who is the hardest worker in the team?

4. How much water a day you drink?

5. What is something you feel nostalgic about?

6. Weirdest thing on your desk or in front of you?

• 2 weeks later...

For the week ending December 12th!

1. We are dead last in the league, what are some positives that we can find in this?

2. Biggest surprise as of now in VHL?

3. Out of all VHL team cities, which one is most fun?

4. Rock, Paper, Scissors, what are you taking?

5. What is something that you keep subscribing to, but you don't really need it?

6. What is the thing that you really like about winter?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, osens said:

1. We are dead last in the league, what are some positives that we can find in this?

5. What is something that you keep subscribing to, but you don't really need it?

1. We actually win games, way more than I would have imagined. So that’s a big positive I would say. 

2. I would say overall the biggest surprise is how little the first 20ish games seem to mean in a VHL season the last few years. Lots of teams that begin the season on a hot streak seem to end up 4th,5th and even 6th at the end of the year.

3. London’s pretty bumping on a weekend game night.

4. Rock

5. Spotify, I mean I can listen to 30 seconds ads every now and then but 9.99 for three month deals bring me back.

6. Annoying summer things die (mosquitoes, etc) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 11:57 AM, osens said:

1. That anytime you beat a team you can laugh about it, especially a top team.

2. That Toronto made the playoffs.

3. Vancouver.

4. paper

5. Nintendo online lol.

6. Snowmobiling.

• 4 weeks later...

:dcd:DC DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:

answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, 6 questions for 2 TPE

1. The VHL Entry Draft was Sunday, and DC was able to bring in a few players–did you get a chance to tune in? If you were drafted, did you think you would end up in DC? Why or why not?

2. The offseason is generally a quiet time around the VHL–how do you maintain interest when the team isn't getting sims every day? What's your favorite element of the offseason?

3. If you were given responsibility of changing DC's logo, would you keep the Dragons or change it & why?

4. Imagine your player in grade 4: what's their favorite school subject and why?

5. What's your jersey number? Is there any significance to that number?

6. If you got to set the exact temperature and weather conditions for a day where you are right now without any negative consequences, what would you set them to?

21 hours ago, fishy said:

1. The VHL Entry Draft was Sunday, and DC was able to bring in a few players–did you get a chance to tune in? If you were drafted, did you think you would end up in DC? Why or why not?

2. The offseason is generally a quiet time around the VHL–how do you maintain interest when the team isn't getting sims every day? What's your favorite element of the offseason?

3. If you were given responsibility of changing DC's logo, would you keep the Dragons or change it & why?

4. Imagine your player in grade 4: what's their favorite school subject and why?

6. If you got to set the exact temperature and weather conditions for a day where you are right now without any negative consequences, what would you set them to?

1. I wasn't drafted. I also didn't watch the draft either because I don't like draft streams. I didn't think I'd end up in DC because that's not possible.

2. Right now I'm just focusing on improving my player and getting TPE, the +10 from training camp is great.

3. Easily change it. This team and franchise is mid and always has been. Maybe I'd change them to DC Mids.

4. Hulk Hogan 2 didn't go to grade 4, he is a clone who was created at the age of 16. 

5. 26, one more than the original Hulk Hogan.

6. 700 I wanna make people sweat a bit and burn the world.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:36 PM, fishy said:

1. I was there and watching, I didn't have a player in the draft so it was more about watching where other players went.

2. The draft is the best part imo, in terms of keeping interest I just try to read other peoples articles and look at team's rosters.

3. It's weird because I rank the dragons as having the best logo in the league but if I could change it? I would make it a western style dragon.

4. probably P.E/gym because you play stuff like dodge ball here and there.

5. For Ori it's 52, nothing special, just my favorite number.

6. Just around mid fall, around like 15-20C, not to hot not to cold.

• 4 weeks later...

:dcd: DC DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:

1. Theme week this season is dream team–do you have any ideas for what you'll do with the topic?

2. The trade deadline is next week. Imagine Eno trades the entire team away, left with zero players. What's your first instinct?

3. In a world where hockey doesn't exist, what's your player doing?

4. If we had to replace one player on the team with an animal, who would you replace & what animal would take their place? Why?

5. The D.C. Dragons' home arena is unnamed in the index. Give me your best proposal & the explanation for how you came up with it.

6. Imagine there's one game we get to play in which any player, past or present, can join our ranks. Cloning yourself is an option. Who do you choose and why?

On 2/21/2022 at 4:19 PM, fishy said:

:dcd: DC DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:

1. Theme week this season is dream team–do you have any ideas for what you'll do with the topic?

2. The trade deadline is next week. Imagine Eno trades the entire team away, left with zero players. What's your first instinct?

3. In a world where hockey doesn't exist, what's your player doing?

4. If we had to replace one player on the team with an animal, who would you replace & what animal would take their place? Why?

5. The D.C. Dragons' home arena is unnamed in the index. Give me your best proposal & the explanation for how you came up with it.

6. Imagine there's one game we get to play in which any player, past or present, can join our ranks. Cloning yourself is an option. Who do you choose and why?

1. I did make a media spot in regards to this, it’s a boomer dream team for anyone interested lmao. 
2. Considering Eno himself is really the only current active team member, I would be fine with it. All about S83! Unless he trades himself, then we got a new issue. 

3. Probably somewhere at a Craps or Baccarat table in Atlantic City.

4. I would replace Eno with a very unique animal. It would be an agile peacock, like a chicken with the face of a monkey and fly!

5. What I honestly think would be a fun team idea is each player represents a company or foundation that wants the naming rights of the arena and have to do a pitch. Eno/fishy pick out their favorite name. I would have to save my proposal for then!

6. This is a great question, very tough. Obviously Zach Arce would be a great help to the offense, his build was great in the SIM system. But I would have to choose Tomas Jenskovic. Ultimate two way defenseman, who was a winner. Would be exactly what we need here in DC. 

• 2 months later...

:dcd:✨ D ✨ C ✨ DRAGONS ✨ PRESS ✨ CONFERENCE ✨:dcd:

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, answer 6 for 2 TPE

1. Make a convincing argument for the best time of day to eat breakfast.

2. What is the best thing that happened to you today or this week? "nothing" is not an acceptable answer, I need optimism and details

3. You're sitting in a living room with your teammates. There's a couch, the floor is carpeted, kitchen chairs not far away, and a couple bean bags. Where do you sit, and why?

4. You have the option to rebrand in the VHL without anyone remembering who your previous persona was. Do you take it? If so, what direction are you taking? If not, how would you describe your current brand?

5. Did you do predictions? If so, how are you feeling about them now that the season has come to life? If not, why not? You scared? come on bro

6. Any VHFL sleeper picks you're predicting that you haven't seen anyone else mention, that someone else mentioned and they're onto something, or that's now a bandwagon you started?

7. What does your optimal Saturday look like? How is that different from what your player would say?

8. What is the best or worst light source? Make an impassioned argument. I need many exclamation points

3 minutes ago, fishy said:

2. What is the best thing that happened to you today or this week? "nothing" is not an acceptable answer, I need optimism and details

3. You're sitting in a living room with your teammates. There's a couch, the floor is carpeted, kitchen chairs not far away, and a couple bean bags. Where do you sit, and why?

4. You have the option to rebrand in the VHL without anyone remembering who your previous persona was. Do you take it? If so, what direction are you taking? If not, how would you describe your current brand?

5. Did you do predictions? If so, how are you feeling about them now that the season has come to life? If not, why not? You scared? come on bro

6. Any VHFL sleeper picks you're predicting that you haven't seen anyone else mention, that someone else mentioned and they're onto something, or that's now a bandwagon you started?

7. What does your optimal Saturday look like? How is that different from what your player would say?

8. What is the best or worst light source? Make an impassioned argument. I need many exclamation points

1. I think when you first wake up. You have not eaten in 6+ hours (8+ if you get sleep). You probably wake up hungry, give your body the fuel it requires to start the day off with success. 
2. My son has started to become a big cuddler. I was laying with him in bed the other night putting him to sleep and he rolled into me and nuzzled his head into mine. He has done this every night since and I am soaking up every moment of it.

3. If there are no bar stools, I will take the bean bag! What’s better than a nice bean bag circle?

4. No, I like everyone knowing who I am. Even though I have a made up player in the league, I am genuinely who I am on Discord. I find it fun, and I hope others have felt that way about me too. 
5. I did, and I’m feeling good about them! The team I picked to win it all is in first. And my ROTY pick is no doubt taking home the gold. 
6. I wish I could say yes. I picked all brand names I would say, no one out of the ordinary. 
7. Being out back, grilling some surf and turf and having a few beers with music playing on my outback speaker system I installed last summer. It’s simplicity, and it’s relaxing. I love being in the sun, and then I love being under the stars. Doesn’t matter the time of the day, I could sit back and watch the sky over some beers any day. 
8. Best light source is my phone flash light! That thing has provided more light and detail than anything else. No natural light or LED lighting has matched it. I stand on this hill! The worst is BY FAR FLORESCENT LIGHTING IT SUCKS SO FUCKING BAD! It is horrible on the eyes and it provides horrible detail. I would rather put a campfire out with me face!! 

Whenever you first feel hungry after your day begins. Ideally, this would be close to noon. That way you can have a brunch, and you're saving money and calories by having skipped an entire meal. It is 100% good for you, doctor guaranteed.

Well it's only Tuesday, you're really setting expectations for the week high. I suppose yesterday I worked a 16.5 hour day, which I've decided to translate into a day off today 😛

There's a lot of factors in making this decision. If it's a big ass beanbag that I can just sprawl on, maybe I beeline it for that. Otherwise, I'm fairly polite and will let others choose their preferred seating before selecting mine. All things being equal though, I probably go for the couch because I like soft seating. However, if there's a dog in the room I'm inclined to lay on the carpet with it.

I suppose it would be nice to undo some of my more problematic posts in the past, but otherwise I'm fairly pleased with my brand then and now. I'd describe it as fun and carefree! I'm like whatshisface from The Outsiders, the one who could pull off stealing a gun from a police officer without getting arrested or the shit beaten out of him.

Yeah, I've been historically pretty shit at predictions. I'd say they're going pretty poorly so far, I picked Duncan Idaho for a lot and he's been overshadowed by a number of people so far. I also keep forgetting about Battre Sandstrom so I don't think I picked him for anything because I'm a moron. Also I'm plagiarizing this question for my own Press Conference, fight me.

No.

My optimal Saturday would be 72 hours long. I'd sleep/lay in bed until I felt like getting up, go for a tasty brunch, maybe have some mimosas. Then I'd like to send a sunny afternoon and evening hanging out with my friends, maybe BBQing and playing lawn games.

Poopy Peepants would probably spend a lot of his free time reading comic books and perusing deviantart.

You think the Sun is pretty fucking great don't you? Well it's hard to argue that, it provides us with warmth (which I love), and generally light (which is also rad). It's essential to all life I suppose.

HOWEVER!

HAVE! 👏YOU! 👏EVER! 👏TRIED! 👏DRIVING! 👏INTO! 👏A! 👏SUNRISE! 👏OR! 👏SUNSET!? 👏

IT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!

You're subject to km after km after mile of DIRECT RADIATION TO YOUR EYEBALLS and it feels BAD man! You can have some nice and effective sunglasses on but it doesn't do enough for the fact that you can't see SHIT while doing THE SINGLE MOST DANGEROUS DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITY POSSIBLE, all while getting an ever increasing headache!!!! Add a dusty interior windshield into the mix that you otherwise can't even notice, and you have the worst possible living conditions known to all of humankind!

FUCK THE SUN!!!!!

Edited by JardyB10

On 4/25/2022 at 8:45 PM, fishy said:

1. Whenever you wake up, then whenever you want after that! Food has no schedule.

2. Officially launched my side hustle.

3. Couch, reclined.  Cozy mode activated.  I'm going for max comfort at all possible times.

4. When I first joined the VHL I was a 14 year old kid using my real name.  I'm fine with my current personal-branding in the VHL lol.

5. Yeah I did them, such a shot in the dark every time I feel, but I still manage at least a couple of TPE so we shall see.

6. I mean I predicted Miklavz before the season started and then everyone saw the stats and jumped on the train.  (there are discord timestamps, I have proof!)

7. I usually work on Saturdays.  $$$. My player would say the same, but work=training in that sense.

8. Best light source is the sun for obvious reasons. Worst would be CARS WITH THEIR MF HIGH BEAMS ON!!!!