gorlab s70 vhl mock draft

gorlab

Greetings VHL fam,

Need to do a written vhl.com this week cuz of off-season and stuff. So I humbly present a basic/simple S70 mock draft. This is a bunch of basic, uneducated guesses as to what teams will need value in the first round of the S70 VHL Entry Draft.

Note: This is NOT my 'BUST OR LICK' article for season 70. That will likely come after the draft is completed.

Alright. Without further ado, lets get down to the mock draft:

1. :cal:Mikko Lahtinen ( @Beketov ) - Pretty much a no brainer. This guy should be 1oa in this draft all day long. Commish of the site, has the ability to rig, clearly knows how to exploit STHS to get insane stats. 1OA material all day long.

2. :cal:Odin Omdahl ( @zepheter ) - GASP - A lot of people think that Tagger/Beketov are easy 1/2 picks, and Calgary (I assume) will likely be taking both of them. Tagger, however, for me, is a bit suspect. I know he has the most tpe of the prospects. I know he has lots of history on VHL and is a respected member that is liked by a lot of people and may be a commish or some shit, but I believe he has some inactivity in his track record and possibly a bust player or two. Ultimately, he apparently has a lot of juice on VHL, but I barely know him / have interacted with him.... So is he really that big of a deal then? IDTS. Zepheter on the other hand has been very active since joining, tried to recruit his friends to VHL who joined but then abandoned him, but he's still been active. Plus his dog pic avatar is legendary.

3. :sea: -  Edwin THE Encarnacion ( @Tagger ) - I think Banna will be happy if he gets a hold of Beketov/Tagger, however, I think Tagger will be a bust, so watch out for him on my S70 BUST or LICK article. Even though I'm calling him a bust, he doesn't fall outside of the top 3 picks of this draft.

4. :cal: - Jacques Lafontaine ( @SlapshotDragon ) - Ah yes, the man with the Saskatoon Wild logo as his avatar. Seems like Calgary would need a goalie after Brick Wahl raised hell and dumpstered the team, so why not pick the highest TPE goalie of the draft class at 4? Also how tf does Calgary have all these damn picks? If Calgary had a goalie (they might have one still IDK) I'd be tempted to put monkeywrench15 here, because I think he might be friends with Bushito, but CAL will probably need a goalie.

5. :dav:Shawn Glade Jr ( @ShawnGlade ) - Bust pick here. Hopefully Davos is forced to select their GM player. Waste of a 1st round pick but whatever. 

6. :nya:Lewis Dawson ( @monkeywrench15) - The Americans had a strong S69 draft, snagging Soren Jensen way lower than he should have gone and another good pick iirc. They will continue their good drafting in S70 by selecting Lewis Dawson at 6oa. Has a proven track record of making good players and staying active. Sleeper pick here. 

7. :mal: - Chad Magnum ( @Corco ) - Another old school sim leaguer who, I would assume, has some sort of ties to Malmo GM Advantage. S70 tpe tracker starting to look a bit thin here, but Magnum is in the top 5 of tpe earned for the draft class, so he should be picked around the 6, 7, 8 mark of the draft. Why not Malmo? They have lots of d-men so they could prob use a forward spect.

8. :hel: - Iangenere Risteneen ( @Maasa ) - A young up-and-coming VHLer, who already has a league job (but I hate how he does it). Seems he's been inactive lately though, so that's kind of scary. Prospect pool basically fell off a cliff after the top 6 (Shawn Glade Jr is not in the top 6). Maybe HEL takes a gamble on him due to his initiative with his league job? IDK.

9. :dav: - Jaxx Hextall ( @ROOKIE745 ) - Davos probably needs a goalie now that Finn Davison is gone, right? Why not pick this goalie here. Seems like he's top 10 of tpe earned in the draft. Never heard of him before. Hopefully he can help Davos out and not be a bust. 

10. :tor: - Damien Wolfe ( @Laflamme ) - Last prospect I've heard of in this class, but he might already be inactive. I'll throw him here anyways. Not sure what TOR needs, probably a lot since I think they're going into a rebuild... They could have used some higher draft picks in this draft.

11. :hel: - Gabriel Gutzwiler ( @DaftRaincloud ) - Absolutely no clue who this is, but I got a feeling he could be a steal in the draft. HEL usually drafts decently, so I have a feeling they'll sniff out this needle in a haystack. Something about this player piques my interest, I can't explain it.

12. :dav: - Justin Graves ( @JDGraves ) - I'm starting a rumour that this guy is @STZ's brother and thus, will continue to be active and grind tpe. Could be a steal of a draft pick. Clearly Davos will pass on him and take some other bust, but he should go late 1st/early 2nd, since he's STZ's brother and everything.

Thanks for reading and good luck to all the rookies on draft day!

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, gorlab said:

has the ability to rig

You know it buddy :P

9 hours ago, gorlab said:

clearly knows how to exploit STHS to get insane stats

You clearly weren’t paying attention to any of my first 9 players haha