• Commissioner
1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

I mean I know I don't have a job so I really don't have a say, but what the fuck? Half the premise of doing a job is TPE. I can almost guarantee over half the recruitment team applied because it's the full 12 TPE. Even the other day beav hired 3 updaters who were told they would be paid 3 TPE, and now they don't even get to claim that?

I think it's a great idea to make pay even, but slashing everyone's pay isn't it. Lemme guess, the admins and bogs still get their full tpe, correct? is it just people who are outside of the elite member circle being affected by this?

Updater pay went up though.

1 hour ago, Quik said:

One change that we feel was a very easy decision was to remove all odd payouts (such as 3 for Updaters), and make all Job Pay a multiple of 2, to make it less of a burden to reach the cap with claiming partial points on a submission.

3 ---> 2

what?

@Josh

Edited by ShawnGlade

2 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

Lemme guess, the admins and bogs still get their full tpe, correct? is it just people who are outside of the elite member circle being affected by this?

The BoG isn't a paid position. Admins, of which there are only 3 I remind you (Quik, Bek and Beaviss) are in line with recruitment team. Nobody else in this supposed "elite" is claiming any unjust job pay. 

This is good, fight the tpe inflation

Corona virus is putting us all in tough times, I propose we slash the tpe pay on everything by 20%. Media spots now pay 5 instead of 6. All job pay cut by 20%. Vive la revolution

5 minutes ago, Proto said:

Just to make it clear for anyone reading this, my audit made no mention of decreasing pay for any roles, and it simply did not suggest or even hint at any of these changes. I'll likely be sharing it with the public in the upcoming weeks, if anyone is curious/cares.

Haha, no fear on this one sir. We will take the heat for it, the debate on what jobs should be paid what pretty extensive following your audit. It was a very useful reference point, combined in almost every case with some first hand accounts from people in positions. It was our hope that with the change we didn't just account for "how much work does this job do" but also helping in creating a paying standard for some positions. 

11 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

I mean I know I don't have a job so I really don't have a say, but what the fuck? Half the premise of doing a job is TPE. I can almost guarantee over half the recruitment team applied because it's the full 12 TPE. Even the other day beav hired 3 updaters who were told they would be paid 3 TPE, and now they don't even get to claim that?

I think it's a great idea to make pay even, but slashing everyone's pay isn't it. Lemme guess, the admins and bogs still get their full tpe, correct? is it just people who are outside of the elite member circle being affected by this?

Some of us don't even have jobs in the league man.  BOG isn't paid whatsoever.

I mean goodness, I remember the days when things like being a GM weren't even paid ? 

That isn't to say I want that coming back but I'm a bit surprised by some of the reactions.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Also GMs get paid wtf can I get back pay?  Fire someone I'll do it for free.  In fact make me GM and ill pay the league 1 TPE make my weekly cal 11.

Oldies, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they started getting paid in the 50s/60s, when no one really wanted to do it. It gave some people an incentive to do it. Now it's a luxury, I'm sure we'd be able to find 24 members to GM teams at both level easily even if the jobs were not paid. People who GM for the pay are doing it wrong, in my opinion, but it's a nice compensation for the countless hours put into recruiting for the team and building a locker room with a fun atmosphere.

Edited by McWolf

16 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

I know this has already been covered elsewhere, but VHL BoG is an unpaid position, and to be quite honest, I have no idea why it would be a paying position in other leagues in the first place.

Before too many people drag out the "BoG is only making changes to benefit themselves" argument:

We have VHL GMs in the BoG who argued that we should take away VHL GM pay.

5 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Some of us don't even have jobs in the league man.  BOG isn't paid whatsoever.

I mean goodness, I remember the days when things like being a GM weren't even paid ? 

That isn't to say I want that coming back but I'm a bit surprised by some of the reactions.

didnt know bog wasnt a paid spot, was always under the impression it was

Just now, GustavMattias said:

Before too many people drag out the "BoG is only making changes to benefit themselves" argument:

We have VHL GMs in the BoG who argued that we should take away VHL GM pay.

@Victor :obama:

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

didnt know bog wasnt a paid spot, was always under the impression it was

Never has been and IMO never should be.

4 minutes ago, Tate said:

I asked my wife if we could make love afterwards. 

(She said no)

Isn't she like eight and a half months pregnant? Understandable then.

35 minutes ago, Victor said:

Two of my jobs didn't make the list so I will pay myself whatever amount I deem appropriate.

You get a firm handshake and a hearty thank you. 

8 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

yes, as i mentioned in discord i misunderstood

One issue with discord is that if you’re not there, you don’t see that conversation, so clarifying that you noted it in discord doesn’t mean he saw that. 

28 minutes ago, Devise said:

I think your being a bit reactionary on that one. They are just some gifs.

(quoting small to save space)

Just wanted to say thank you for providing a point of view and actually discussing the topic on hand. My comment was made as more of a joke, though I am/was frustrated. But yeah, they are just some gifs. So post them in discord, not in this thread guess. Idk it just comes across as "oh heehee look at us changing something we know people will be mad about. Quick to avoid discussion lets start memeing immediately." Just rubs me the wrong way.

Like @twists said, I disagree with the decision, that's fine. I don't even think it's that big of a deal/that big of a change.  

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Tate said:

I am neither an updater nor an AGM, and when I was an AGM, I never once claimed TPE for it. I also understand BOGs stance in that being an AGM can be viewed as an internship, it’s fair for them to say this but I don’t agree with that mindset (I just understand it). 

I also want to state that making job pay a standard amount is a solid move. Anything that makes things easier or simpler to follow is always the right way to go (in my humble opinion).

However, the one change I disagree with is the removal of pay for AGMs altogether. I agree wholeheartedly with @ShawnGlade when he says that part of the incentive of getting a job is getting paid for it. 

Members who stick around are ones who tend to get a job. All people go through various levels of activity due to life or obligations getting in the way, so it’s nice to have a buffer to help with the week to week claiming. I know that there are all different levels of AGMs when it comes to workload but I strongly believe that the BOG should include AGMs when it comes to TPE payouts, or perhaps offer instances throughout the season in which they can get a bump for doing something fun. Maybe an all AGM tournament? 

Anyway, in the end I don’t really care, but keep in mind BOG that one of the most exciting aspects of this game is getting TPE and applying it to your player. I finally got to apply my banked TPE after depreciation this offseason and it felt so good I asked my wife if we could make love afterwards. 

(She said no)

There are a couple of main issues with AGM Pay which have been covered before but I’ll re-iterate them.

1. GM’s choose their own AGM’s which means GM’s would be deciding who gets to claim pay. Often it’s someone on their own team so far too easy to just give TPE to one of their players that otherwise isn’t hitting the cap.

2. There’s no consistency in what AGM’s do which means standardizing their pay is incredibly difficult. Some just learn, what many of us believe the position should be, and others run a ton of the team which is what we want to avoid.

I get the frustration and honestly we were expecting it but it’s not a position that many of us have ever looked at as official. As @Devise pointed out, if an AGM is doing so much that they should be guaranteed pay every week then frankly they should be a GM, not an AGM. It’s a learning position and always has been.

4 minutes ago, Quik said:

You get a firm handshake and a hearty thank you. 

One issue with discord is that if you’re not there, you don’t see that conversation, so clarifying that you noted it in discord doesn’t mean he saw that. 

which is why i made sure to respond here, saying i misunderstood and that was my bad