Calgary Wranglers GM Change

Beaviss

Hello All,

As you all know @Bushito has been gone for a little while now and that we promoted @Jubis to complete the duties as Interim General Manager. Jubis in doing so has done a fantastic job and even got the team to the finals! He has proven himself as a good fit for the squad. Because of this we have hired the following member to become the new General Manager of the Calgary Wranglers.

Spoiler

Congrats! I'm sure the Calgary Wranglers franchise is in good hands! You may now perform all duties of a full General Manager!

-Beaviss

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, Victor said:

I'm just sad Bushito's streak is over. ? 

How many times has he gone inactive as GM now? Despite that the man is still a legend.

• Commissioner
23 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Nope, the VHL leadership will never learn. I would bet a lot of money he gets to return as a GM at some point down the road

Thing is, in the past no one wanted the GM jobs so when he always applied we got a candidate with a rocky past but a lot of experience and, most importantly, interest. Now so many people want GM jobs that we really don’t need to hire someone that has flaked on us 3 times already. Candidates are readily available.

1 hour ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Nope, the VHL leadership will never learn. I would bet a lot of money he gets to return as a GM at some point down the road

To add to what @Beketov said. Too many people take the "is one good enough to be a GM" conversation so seriously, and they let it spiral into seas of comparisons over quality candidates. To Beks point; whether or not Bash has flaked in the past really shouldn't of harmed his case for interest when the GM pool was so little. Flaking doesn't automatically negate previous dedicated runs, ones where he had some success. Obviously, if he were to reapply down the road it may get more consideration, but I'd say more so than that the consideration may be just that he's had a GM opportunity so many times we want to be spreading the love to the new members who are more likely to keep this site going down the road.