Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

1. We just won the first cup in franchise history. WARSAW WHERE YOU AT???

Ice Hockey Sport GIF

uhtred Celebrating like this.  Best way to end a career.  I don't think my other players will ever win as much as uhtred.

5. What is your favorite fruit?

I will go with apples, they are great on there own but also make for the best pies.

6. What shape pasta is best?

I'll go with Penne as my go to pasta.  Another underated one is bucatini.

8. If every day of the week got into a fight who would win?

Definitely Monday.  Monday's are bastards and will always kick every other days ass.

9. Would you rather be too cold or too hot?

Too cold as you can just throw some more layers on or a blanket.  There's not much you can do when too hot other than finding some body of water to jump in. That said summer still better than winter.

10. What was the most hype moment of our season? (this one's a freebie ;))

It's amazing to end a season with a cup.  We finally won it after being favourites the past few seasons and now Uhtred rides off into the sunset

Asleep. Because I'm so tired FROM LIFTING THE CUP AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

2. Got an early prediction for next season's cup winner?

This one's hard to say. Lots of possible off-season movement this time around, so I don't think we're likely to see the same landscape we do now.

3. How do you think the addition of the VHLE in S80 will affect the quality of VHL play?

It'll be tougher to be a star with stand-out stats now that the 'floor' of the league will be higher.

There are some fun shapes like macaroni and bowties, but I've always been partial to linguine and penne myself.

7. Who was the biggest unsung hero of our playoff run?

Lexi @AW13, of course!! My girl killed it this time around.

Sunday. They've been saving up their energy for millennia, all to be unleashed in this one fight.

On 7/8/2021 at 8:58 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending July 11th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

2. Got an early prediction for next season's cup winner?

3. How do you think the addition of the VHLE in S80 will affect the quality of VHL play?

4. What are your thoughts on the 6 VHLE teams that were announced?

5. What is your favorite fruit?

7. Who was the biggest unsung hero of our playoff run?

9. Would you rather be too cold or too hot?

10. What was the most hype moment of our season? (this one's a freebie ;))

:muffbeav:

1. IM PARTYING BRO LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

2. I think Chicago might be able to win next season.

4. I really am not at all interested in the VHLE, it just doesn't interest me at all.

5. It's tough to choose, but probably watermelon or grapes.

6. Macaroni is the best pasta and it's not even opinion, just fact.

10. The unearthing of our mascot Terrance was the absolute most hype.

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending July 18th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. After winning our 1st cup in franchise history, where does the team go from here?

2. Describe former Warsaw GM @.sniffuM's tenure in 3 words. 

3. What player, NHL or VHL, do you model your game after?

4. Is there a city that you thought deserved a VHLE franchise? If so, why them? 

5. Warsaw has the 9th pick in the S79 draft, any prospects specifically you think they should target? 

6. Where do you plan on taking the Continental Cup on your "day with the cup" this offseason?

7. What is the best midnight snack?

8. Dogs or Cats? Or Both? Or Neither?!

9. NBA Finals. Suns lead the Bucks 2-1 at the time of writing. Who wins?

1 hour ago, dlamb said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. After winning our 1st cup in franchise history, where does the team go from here?

2. Describe former Warsaw GM @ .sniffuM's tenure in 3 words. 

5. Warsaw has the 9th pick in the S79 draft, any prospects specifically you think they should target? 

6. Where do you plan on taking the Continental Cup on your "day with the cup" this offseason?

1.well, looks like our new GM is going to continue competing at least for one more season. We are still a great team with huge expectations about the next playoffs run. 

2. Friendly, self-confident, reliable. 🥰

3. im still a bit disappointed because community passed St Petersburg. Great place with fascinating wild nature, historic architecture. 

4. Well, the situation with goaltender is really tough for us. Anyway I fully trust Lamb and I'm sure he will do whatever it takes to draft excellent guys. 

5. Well, lets see what I can do in the next season 👀

6. Cats for sure. They are so stupid but cute as well. 

IMG_20210714_014929.jpg

up up up and up

2. Describe former Warsaw GM @.sniffuM's tenure in 3 words. 

very fucking good

someone who's good

taking it to the pub where i'll get drunk with my mates

any british food ever invented

suns in 5

I think we should try to run it back. Depending on how the team looks after free agency, that's a distinct possibility.

2. Describe former Warsaw GM .sniffuM's tenure in 3 words. 

Bottom to top!

NHL? What is the NHL? I model my game after Mike Szatkowski, one of the original great scorers; this is especially the case after switching to center.

I would have liked to see a city in Denmark get the nod; Copenhagen deserves a chance!

No. I do not want the team to be disappointed if they are available and we do not take them; and similarly, I do not want expectations of our new draftee to be too high.

I think Lexi and I will spend the day together on mine! Maybe we'll gather some friends and go out on the water.

On 7/13/2021 at 5:45 PM, dlamb said:

t0iLC3y.png

2. Describe former Warsaw GM @.sniffuM's tenure in 3 words. 

1. Hopefully to still be competitive as this core ages

2. worst to first

3. a bit of Panarin offense ability mixed with Bergeron defensive 

5. no I’m not familiar with the draft enough 

6. back home and spend the day with my family and friends 

8. dogs I like both but much prefer dogs

t0iLC3y.png

1. After winning our 1st cup in franchise history, where does the team go from here?

It's time to repeat! We still have a squad capable of doing great things!!

2. Describe former Warsaw GM @.sniffuM's tenure in 3 words. 

Absolutely F***ING great!

I don't really mode my game after anyone specifically but maybe I'd say one of my previous favorites Ilya Kovalchuk.

I don't know anyone really but I just want someone who can help us ASAP!

A modeling shoot! Lexi can snap some great pics alongside the Continental Cup!

Bucks now lead 3-2 so will say Bucks cause F the Suns

I would love to see you guys repeat. As uhtred is retired I don't have a VHL team until my next player is drafted and until then go Warsaw.

2. Describe former Warsaw GM @.sniffuM's tenure in 3 words. 

An amazing GM.  Loved playing for him.

Rome as my next player is Italian and would have loved to play at home.  Too many Scandinavian teams to be honest.

Back to the castle in bebbanburg.  Have a great party in a castle could be a first in the VHL.

McDonald's is always a great midnight snack.

I'll go both but don't want either at this point in my life. 

9. NBA Finals. Suns lead the Bucks 2-1 at the time of writing. Who wins?

Bucks are up 3-2 and will go with them to see Giannis win.

Press Conference - Week ending July 25th (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. The S79 VHL draft finished up earlier tonight, we added a solid goaltender in @Donno100 . What are your thoughts on the draft for Warsaw?

2. What are your player's goals for this upcoming season?

3. Do we have another shot at the Continental Cup this season? 

4. If you were the GM for Warsaw what are some changes you would make to the team if any?

5. Was your offseason good? How was your player's development?

6. As the new AGM I'm super excited for this team and pumped to work with the goat himself Mr. Lamb... If there is any advice you could give me or anything I can do to help the team out what would it be?

2 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

1. The S79 VHL draft finished up earlier tonight, we added a solid goaltender in @Donno100 . What are your thoughts on the draft for Warsaw?

4. If you were the GM for Warsaw what are some changes you would make to the team if any?

6. As the new AGM I'm super excited for this team and pumped to work with the goat himself Mr. Lamb... If there is any advice you could give me or anything I can do to help the team out what would it be?

We all expected to see new goalie, good draft for Warsaw. 

Of course, I want to be competitive and helpful along all veterans. It would be great to do one more run for the cup. 

Potentially, yes. We are still one of the best team in the league despite our core is getting older and older. 

I would hire another AGM and give Trunov "C" 🤫

Well, Bogdan is on top of the world. He works hard every day to be better.

Be yourself. Don't do strange moves and help our team to get this cup one more time. 

11 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

1). I think we added some great pieces that should hopefully come to fruition for the Predators soon!
2). Just keep playing good defense and remain competitive for the team this season!
3). I think we do! We brought back a lot of our players and still have a good amount of the core from last season.
4). I'd maybe explore some wingers elsewhere that could help our offense out through some trade avenues.
5). Offseason was great for Grachev! He doesn't remember most of it, but he has a new back tattoo of the cup and the team logo. No idea when that got there 🤷‍♂️
6). Just be yourself, interact with us, and help us repeat a championship!!

1. The S79 VHL draft finished up earlier tonight, we added a solid goaltender in @Donno100 . What are your thoughts on the draft for Warsaw? 

"Look I'm new to the team and you will soon find out that I do not care what the team does as long as the team gets better!"

"I'm coming in to be a depth player and add scoring. So if I can be near a point per game I will be happy!"

"Warsaw has added the biggest cheater in the game in myself. I've been to two straight finals, so it far to say we are going back 2 back!"

"I'd trade Strauss back to Seattle or release him."

"I'm old now so it was a super long off-season just trying to get back to normal"

6. As the new AGM I'm super excited for this team and pumped to work with the goat himself Mr. Lamb... If there is any advice you could give me or anything I can do to help the team out what would it be?

"Don't let Greg any where near your locker room, oops too late 😈"

1. The S79 VHL draft finished up earlier tonight, we added a solid goaltender in @Donno100 . What are your thoughts on the draft for Warsaw?

The team definitely picked up a goalie who has the potential to do great things here. I am very excited to watch their development.

Lamb, now getting older, will do whatever it takes for the team to win, no matter what he has to do.  

100%. Like I've said before there is question marks around hoop, but with pretty much the same roster as last season, no reason why we can't do it again.

Well.... teehee. Like I just said, I'd like to get us an upgraded starter. other than that, this team is definitely rock solid.

My offseason was pretty good, went back home and visited family in Canada. Lamb is definitely feeling his age this offseason, but has put in the work to remain at the top of his game.

6. As the new AGM I'm super excited for this team and pumped to work with the goat himself Mr. Lamb... If there is any advice you could give me or anything I can do to help the team out what would it be?

GM Lamb likes a Caramel Frappuccino, with whole milk and 3 pumps of vanilla. Get that daily and you have done your job, Mr. AGM. :D 

A goalie is one of the biggest needs for the team so with some development time, he could be a great addition!

I would love to get back to averaging a point or more per game!

Of course! We got the squad coming back and ready to defend our cup!

I would likely get a better goalie from a rebuilding team since we currently carry an inactive one.

Regression sucks but Glass should be the same as always!

Keep the press conferences flowing! :) 

that's cool i guess

score more points

of course we do we won it last season

we're fine

offseason good me get major tpe

don't suck and we'll be fine

I'd say the draft went well. From a user perspective, I'm definitely a fan of Donno and am optimistic about the future of Warsaw.

Wins. I've had my day in the limelight; if it turns out Chris or Dakota want to go all-out this season and win some individual awards, it's important to share the love! If not, I want another championship.

I think it'll be a challenge, and we know where our weaknesses as a team lie as time goes on. We will not have it as easy as last season - and it's not like we walked into the finals and won it.

As much as I love Hoop, I think we need to understand when his time is up. We would need an upgrade at goalie; anything else is a little unrealistic provided what we'd likely have to give up.

I think it was fine. Took it a little easy this offseason because I wanted to bask a little in the championship glow. Don't worry, though, I'm just as good as I was last season.

No idea. I just want that same leadership you've had as our captain the last few seasons at GM, too.

On 7/19/2021 at 12:33 AM, ajwllmsn said:

1. Goalie was a very important need for us

2. I want to hit 50 goals I’ve got close last year 

3. I think we do all depends on how the sim treats us with Ajay 

4. Honestly I would have made a move for a goalie using draft picks 

5. development was good was able to fight off regression 

6. just keep doing what you do, you and lamb are a great combo 

Press Conference - Week Ending August 1 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. How do you feel Warsaw performed in our opening weekend?
  2. How has your player performed so far?
  3. Does our record (2-2-1, 4th in EU Conference) after the opening weekend predict the future for the rest of S79? Or is 5 games not enough to tell?
  4. What are your thoughts on Seattle's Expansion draft and the NHL draft that took place this past week?
  5. Have you been following the Summer Olympics? If so, what events are you keeping track of?
  6. How has you 2021 summer been going?

9 minutes ago, ajwllmsn said:

3. Does our record (2-2-1, 4th in EU Conference) after the opening weekend predict the future for the rest of S79? Or is 5 games not enough to tell?
  4. What are your thoughts on Seattle's Expansion draft and the NHL draft that took place this past week?
  5. Have you been following the Summer Olympics? If so, what events are you keeping track of?

Obviously, we overplayed our opponents,we were better everywhere. I believe we will improve our record and make the playoffs. 

Absolutely disgusting. Trunov is the worst player in the team right now. 

Well, that's not bad. Our core is getting older but it still produces very well. 

I haven't watched it. I think, Seattle's roster is huge surprise for me. Only time will show how good their moves were. 

Unfortunately, I have no free time to watch it. 

It's been doing average. I am going to get driver license, I'm so excited

How do you feel Warsaw performed in our opening weekend?

Not bad, not great. We still need to get the chemistry together with the new additions. It will come with time, I have no doubt.
How has your player performed so far?

Pretty good, scoring more goals than usual. However for me that doesn't really matter, it just comes down to wins and losses.
Does our record (2-2-1, 4th in EU Conference) after the opening weekend predict the future for the rest of S79? Or is 5 games not enough to tell?

Like I said before, no. Even sitting at 5-7-1, I know we can easily turn it around. Just need to take it 1 game at a time.
What are your thoughts on Seattle's Expansion draft and the NHL draft that took place this past week?

I don't hate it, I think they may have a solid team. Not going to make any solid takes, because look at what Vegas did. I do think it was a mistake not making any side deals for teams to protect certain players.
Have you been following the Summer Olympics? If so, what events are you keeping track of?

Not really. I'm basically only keeping up with how the Canadian Athletes are doing, no sport in particular. I would like to catch a Women's Soccer game though.
How has you 2021 summer been going?

So far, not too bad. My birthday is tomorrow, so that's definitely a plus. :) 

I think we underperformed a little bit, but it may be more indicative of a larger problem. I suspect it'll take time for us to gel a bit, as we're working with multiple new players. The first 15 games or so are ones I never put much stock in.

Aloe has similarly underperformed a bit. It can be a bit frustrating at times to work with brand new teammates, but I think it'll work better with some time and adjustments.

As stated above, nope. I think we'll end in the upper half of the EU Conference, but where within that we finish is totally up for grabs. I suspect we won't be first, but everyone loves a good underdog story... right?

I'll be honest, I don't really follow the NHL. I'm always excited for real-life expansion of real life sports leagues, as they're comparatively rare to the faster-paced sim league world.

I unfortunately have only captured glimpses of the Summer Olympics, as I'm working quiiiiite a lot. I occasionally check the gymnastics and swimming results, but otherwise have been totally disconnected from them.

Very, very, very busy. The hospital's kept me occupied for a minimum of 70 hrs/week over the last month.

On 7/25/2021 at 3:32 PM, ajwllmsn said:

1). I feel like we did ok, but we certainly could be doing better.

2). Along the lines he has been playing for the past few seasons, I’m surprised at the consistency.

3). Nope, we’ve got a ton of fuel to burn and it’s going to start showing later in the season 💪🏻
4). It’s an interesting take given the players available, but it’s not entirely stupid. They are just building the roster up with a solid background of decent players and will probably look to sign or trade for better players.

5). Not really this year, I travel quite a bit for work and raising my son takes up a lot of my time.

6). Really great! Family is doing well, job is fantastic, and we are working towards welcoming a baby girl in December so it’s all very exciting right now for my family!

On 7/25/2021 at 4:32 PM, ajwllmsn said:

1. We played decent can still be better 

2. if I answered this question earlier in the week I would have said he sucks but he’s turned it around recently 

3. still to early to tell hopefully we can start rolling 

4. the expansion draft would have been better if the picks didn’t leak online the day before but I liked some of the different ways they announced the picks

5. just the Olympics as a whole not really any events, it’s hard to follow certain events because they happen while I am sleeping 

6. it’s been good working, but still spending time with the important people