S73 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Victor

S73 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think was individually the most outstanding player in the VHL in S73?

• A Red Guy (NYA) - 64GP, 38-21-5, 0.928SV%, 2.51GAA, 8SO, 2243SA
    • Lincoln Tate (RIG) - 20G, 85A, 105P, 40, 155PIM, 250HIT, 130SB
    • Jeff Downey (VAN) - 32G, 74A, 106P, 34, 110PIM, 149HIT, 138SB
    • Sigard Gunnar (LAS) - 60G, 59A, 119P, 25, 60PIM, 152HIT, 41SB
    • Hunter Hearst Helmsley (WAR) - 45G, 68A, 113P, 0, 109PIM, 259HIT, 52SB
    • Benny Graves (DCD) - 38G, 65A, 103P, 16, 97PIM, 251HIT, 10SB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Victor featured this topic

Nobody in an expansion team for me. Why do you think the commie went to one? EZ. Went with Benny, seen Tate after. 

I vote for Tate. My bad. You all should too! 

edit: Dow is there too f 

Edited by Banackock

• Commissioner
28 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Nobody in an expansion team for me. Why do you think the commie went to one? EZ. Went with Benny, seen Tate after. 

I vote for Tate. My bad. You all should too! 

edit: Dow is there too f 

To be fair most outstanding and MVP aren’t the same thing. You can be outstanding on a terrible team but finishing last doesn’t prove “value” to me.

8 minutes ago, Beketov said:

To be fair most outstanding and MVP aren’t the same thing. You can be outstanding on a terrible team but finishing last doesn’t prove “value” to me.

Exactly my take and describes why I'm voting Gunnar. 60 goal season is a 60 goal season,  expansion team or not.

9 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Being helped by being on an expansion team to me doesn’t shout outstanding while looking at a few other names and comparing things for me. Amazing season, but would he have gotten that on a team that wasn’t LAS? Why did Beav go to Warsaw? I sense the vibe it was to pad stats for HoF but maybe not. ? 

Any who, that’s the magic of voting. Usually not unanimous and different opinions. I’m maybe over analyzing and should just take the player into accoun, period no matter the cause, but hey. ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Being helped by being on an expansion team to me doesn’t shout outstanding while looking at a few other names and comparing things for me. Amazing season, but would he have gotten that on a team that wasn’t LAS? Why did Beav go to Warsaw? I sense the vibe it was to pad stats for HoF but maybe not. ? 

Any who, that’s the magic of voting. Usually not unanimous and different opinions. I’m maybe over analyzing and should just take the player into accoun, period no matter the cause, but hey. ??‍♂️

The thing is, I totally understand that perspective too. I guess what it comes down to for me is I don't feel we should punish a player for how STHS treats star players on a low TPA team; so that's why I just try and take their stats at face value when it comes down to most outstanding (MVP another story entirely). But I could definitely see an argument against that. Like you said, the magic of voting :)