Thank You, Vegas

Spartan

Alright, so uh, I wasn't sure if I'd write this or not. Stuff like this seems overly sappy at times, or excessive. But I try to write recaps after seasons and with some folks leaving the LR to pursue their careers, I figured I'd write a little bit here just to be able to contact everyone I want to. Anyways, getting to it.

Well fuck lol, I don't know how to start this. I guess I'll start with the captain, @Crstats23. This young lad was a 4th round pick in S73 and was an instant selection for an alternate captain. Few young players come in active and willing to chat with a new team. Chris has exploded onto the scene as a leader by example, and his player is absolutely lethal. He doubled his points from his first full season to his second full season, and has been one of the core pieces of Vegas.

I guess the natural transition is across the line to the other wing, @G_Rush. G's been on Vegas just as long as I have, as we were both drafted together. It's a bittersweet ending, but almost full circle. We both were on contending juggernauts together in S72, and came up just short. I'm sorry that I couldn't get you the ring this time buddy. But he's been absolutely lights out on the wing, and Calgary has got a good one. I'm so grateful that you chose to stay down with us for another season, as this season arguably wouldn't have been possible without you.

If we're on wingers, we're sliding over to the Florida Man himself, @NickSunderbruch the living goon. Fuck man, your time on Vegas wasn't long enough. You're absolutely wild, and in the best way possible. Every time you were in the LR, I needed to be in there. When we'd get absolutely reamed, you were ready for the next one. Had to be the best, and didn't settle for less. You inspire me man. I wish Toronto didn't trade up for you, but I'll always hope we can play together someday. Go be the VHL's Gretzky.

Next up, gotta go with @Rhynex Entertainment. I traded for Rhynex from 'Sauga hoping that we had an answer at center. You did a bit of welfare and practice facility, but I really didn't know what to expect from you. Man, it's been the storyline growth for you. A welfare player who comes in, is willing to learn, and goes the extra mile to cap every week and be amazing. Despite your claims of struggling, you're just as big a piece as the others I've mentioned in our success. Assist leader this past season, which is no small feat. I won that distinction a few years ago, so you're on the right path to success.

@ZP16 man, you brought some veteran savvy into our team. I had never spoken to you before the draft, but when I saw that you had recreated and from our experience together in Town of Salem, I just had a feeling that I needed to draft you. It paid of in spades, as you quickly became our top defenseman and quietly became the defensive anchor of the team, while also being a huge source of offense from the back end. Your leadership and wisdom has been much appreciated.

@DreMin15 our fuckin' goalie. I'm still in shock that I was able to land a goalie of your caliber, and you were huge for us this season. The stats weren't super gaudy, but you got the job done and carried us through to Game 7 of the semi's. Despite all the shit going on in your life, you found time to update and be a part of the team. I'm wishing for the best for you buddy, and I know you'll be a star.

That's all in terms of the draftees we're losing, so I'll flip it over to the waivers. @inflastud, @DangerGolding, @Jonessee27 and@Caboose30, thank you for stepping in and buying into the program we run here. I know all four of you will be picked relatively high in this upcoming draft, and I can only hope that Jiggs and I have set you up for success at the next level. Stud, I have no clue how you went undrafted, but man did you bring a big boost to our squad. I'm glad you came home buddy. And a huge thank you to Turner, Boose, and DG for picking Vegas as the place to be. Y'all stepped up big when it mattered, and provided invaluable depth. 

For everyone else on Vegas, and those of you who will be here next season, thank you for a fantastic season with us. @Hoopydog, @Nordin, @Domino Draws, @SimmerDown99, @frescoelmo , @Wreckening, @Bouncyelf, @Matt thunder, @Kelsier, this is your team now. You all didn't have very large roles this past season, but that changes now. You have huge shoes to fill, and you've seen first hand what the work ethic is like to be the best. We're going to bounce back from this loss, and we need all of you to do it. Let's get rolling into next season, the grind starts now!

To our graduates and departures, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. To our returners: the hangover ends now!

WE'RE GOING BACK TO PARTYING!

7 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Fuck Spartan beat me to a thank you article.

Anyways. Thanks to everyone in Vegas for a great season. Hope you all do well in the VHL!

yours will probably be better, I can't write

Appreciate the kind words, tried my best to sit back so others had a chance to learn and grow because I knew how the forum worked, this time around I was able to get to know the whole team and that definitely made for a better experience! It was fun being an assistant captain, If I helped at least one player during my time in Vegas I'm happy, tried my best to be active and see set an example plus answer questions when the staff wasn't around.. I'm usually up late ?

Vegas is a great spot to be if your a newer member for sure, our prospects grew quickly and got with the program right away, thanks to all the knowledgeable members in our chat and recently our forum locker room. You'll see me again in the future but for now, keep earning and win the championship next season!! I'll be watching the team play on my days off and during intermissions ?

Good luck to all the players graduating into the VHL next season, rookie of the year is mine ?

Edited by ZP16

Thank you Spartan for bringing me into the fold! I've learnt lots from you and the rest of the Aces! Spartan literally brought me up from the wild! I wasn't taking welfare and practice, I actually missed my first week of welfare ? and only went to my first practice ? Ever since that first week, I have followed your footsteps and had my 14 tpe weeks, haven't written so much since forever ?

Best of luck to you and the Aces! I look forward to following you and your successes, and your hoisting of the S75 VHLM Champions Trophy! Hopefully we'll get to play together in the big leagues one day!

Thank You GIF by Aminé

This is a very well-written media spot! I appreciate the time you took to make this post personal, and I'm sure your players appreciate it. This goes to show that you, as their GM, watched them over the season and paid close attention. I'm glad to see a "sappy" media spot for sure!
10/10