Good News

Banackock

Hello, VHL. Usually with my VHL.com articles I spend my time doing a quick little blab about random things throughout the league or something silly to get people talking.. HOWEVER.. this week we’re going to go the personal route and let the members in on some things going on in Bana’s life. As I’ve always tried to tell people, the world is different and at times difficult but there’s a lot of positivity left in it and things will only get better. Now, let’s dip into things... because they’re pretty damn big! Let’s start with the biggest???

1. As a lot know, my girlfriend was diagnosed with a tumor in May, and did a biopsy in June and July (the first one they fucked up the sample). In august we learned she had diffuse large b-cell lymphoma which is an aggressive form of cancer of the blood etc. It was also a good sized tumor.. Pretty scary, difficult times... especially because she can’t get sick and we’re finding our way each day through a pandemic full of anti-mask wearers and angry people lol.. she lost her hair and chemo took a pretty strong hit to her... there was some very rough days for her especially as it went on (and me too, but she’s the one who has it).. but this is not about those bad days, sleepless/sick nights etc.. 

HOWEVER, oct 31 was their final planned chemo cycle (#4) and then we waited until December 9th for a PET scan etc to see how things are... and based off their findings... 

SHES 100% clear.. just needs to check up every 3 months as it could come back etc.. woo hoo! 

FB628D7E-231E-444D-AC2C-8CC3C092EAF5.thumb.jpeg.91da9e599bb14bf4f20475c54955a449.jpeg

2. I’ve quit smoking. Both things. Nah, not crack. Mariguana in September and I quit smoking cigarettes 31 days ago some time today.. I’ve done it once before with Champex (a pill everyday that makes smoking garbage) but this time was cold turkey and I haven’t struggled near as bad as last time.. I’m using money as my main thing but of course health too. Still grumpy days and moments and a few triggers and such for good cravings but I’ve battled through it all so far. 

3. It’s fitting that this is #3 because there’s 3 of them.. but we have 3 Xmas trees up this year. We normally have two. One in the living room area, one in our bedroom... but this year we expanded to the guest bed room.. just in time for more albertan Covid restrictions haha...

Keep doing good things VHL. Stay strong, stay smart and stay safe out there.. remember - it’s not just you going through it all. We’re all on this planet doing what we can to live the lives we want. 🤘🏻

Edited by Banackock

VHL is really a source of so much joy right now.

I'm so happy to hear that your girlfriend is clear. I can only imagine the amount of mental and emotional energy you all spent worrying about what would come. Congrats to both of you for sticking with it. 

Fantastic work on quitting smoking - having watched my parents struggle with this, I know that it takes so much will power and dedication to follow through. You should be really proud of yourself, keep it up pal

These are all great things to hear, my friend. I'm glad for your girlfriend, and I'm glad for you as well. Now, as she continues to stay free of cancer we need to make sure you stay away from future avoidable health concerns due to smoking. I'm sure it's a struggle, but you'll get so much out of it!

Yesssss guy! I was thinking about you and her the other day, I'm so happy things are coming together in time for the holidays. I'll be honest, I thought your Tree #3 was going to be about adding a third person to your family haha maybe next year eh

29 minutes ago, bigAL said:

Yesssss guy! I was thinking about you and her the other day, I'm so happy things are coming together in time for the holidays. I'll be honest, I thought your Tree #3 was going to be about adding a third person to your family haha maybe next year eh

Lmao a ‘little bana ‘ would be how he would justify having a 2nd player again.

@Banackock I’m so happy that things are starting to go your way. In sim leagues we often forget that everyone is  out there living their lives and going through things. Thank you for reminding us of that human aspect and also sharing a little bit about you and your life. 

So happy to hear that you’re girlfriend is in the free and clear. I know that situation  weighed heavily on you. It’s just nice to hear things are going well for you and tgat you’re actively working towards positive changes in your life.

😄 enjoy every minute of your holidays and please keep sending us pictures of all your holiday home decor ! Thanks for giving us all the warm and fluffy feelings this holiday season!

I can't even imagine how #1 must feel. This is a great read and I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

There's been a ton of positivity around the league lately and it really makes me feel happy to be here. Proud of everyone who's contributed to it!