CALGARY WRANGLERS GM RESIGNATION

Jubis

Here we go: 

This will seem completely unexpected and I know my timing may not be as good as Frostbeard's.  This is not a decision I take lightly. I would like to step down from my position as GM of the Calgary Wranglers.  I love my team so much and will forever have a soft spot for Calgary. 

My work/home life has gotten so much busier the past few months. Escpecially since the start of January. I am still able to perform my GM duties but i would rather have someone who can go the full 110% in the position. I think a different GM can guide this Wranglers team to greatness, which is all ive ever wanted. I still love the VHL and will remain an active member.  I feel like I've had my turn as GM and would like to pass on the torch.  I realize what i am stepping down from and that this type of GM opportunity won't present itself again.  I think time wise we would still be able to transition this offseason as I step down. I will do whatever is needed to help with the transition. 

If my recommendation for a successor carries weight.  I recommend Kris Rice as Calgary's next GM. At the very beginning when Bushito left Calgary  high and dry in s72. It was Ricer essentially CO-GMing and helping me with lines.  I know there are so many good candidates but for this reason. I have to recommend Ricer he was here from the beginning and couldve almost had the GM job over me.   So please heavily consider Kris Rice for the position 🙏

I have already notified commissioners , my LR and GM chat.  Just wanted to get things out publicly. 

I really appreciated the opportunity to be a GM and honestly enjoyed it very much.  I did not accomplish everything I wanted to accomplish but I had a fun 5 seasons trying.

I plan on remaining an active member. 

See you around VHL 

Not Leaving Leah Remini GIF by TV Land

🍻 GO WRANGLERS!

JUBIS ,

Edited by Jubis

@Jubis unfortunate to see you step down, I feel like your moves as of recent were gonna make Calgary huge for a long time coming. Hopefully your successor can keep up the excellent work. Take care of yourself, coming from me who knows how hard life can be sometimes, personal ALWAYS comes over virtual >>> 

great GMing career. 

32 minutes ago, Jubis said:

Here we go: 

This will seem completely unexpected and I know my timing may not be as good as Frostbeard's.  This is not a decision I take lightly. I would like to step down from my position as GM of the Calgary Wranglers.  I love my team so much and will forever have a soft spot for Calgary. 

My work/home life has gotten so much busier the past few months. Escpecially since the start of January. I am still able to perform my GM duties but i would rather have someone who can go the full 110% in the position. I think a different GM can guide this Wranglers team to greatness, which is all ive ever wanted. I still love the VHL and will remain an active member.  I feel like I've had my turn as GM and would like to pass on the torch.  I realize what i am stepping down from and that this type of GM opportunity won't present itself again.  I think time wise we would still be able to transition this offseason as I step down. I will do whatever is needed to help with the transition. 

If my recommendation for a successor carries weight.  I recommend Kris Rice as Calgary's next GM. At the very beginning when Bushito left Calgary  high and dry in s72. It was Ricer essentially CO-GMing and helping me with lines.  I know there are so many good candidates but for this reason. I have to recommend Ricer he was here from the beginning and couldve almost had the GM job over me.   So please heavily consider Kris Rice for the position 🙏

I have already notified commissioners , my LR and GM chat.  Just wanted to get things out publicly. 

I really appreciated the opportunity to be a GM and honestly enjoyed it very much.  I did not accomplish everything I wanted to accomplish but I had a fun 5 seasons trying.

I plan on remaining an active member. 

See you around VHL 

Not Leaving Leah Remini GIF by TV Land

🍻 GO WRANGLERS!

JUBIS ,

Sad to see you step down, but loved competing against you. I'll see you around and wish you nothing but the best in your home/work life!

Spoke in private 

Thanks for your time. You were my favourite GM to talk deals with, to shoot the shit with and all of that. I don’t care for the idea of not having that anymore but understand and respect why you are stepping down.

Miss you already. 

toy story goodbye GIF

It is extremely sad to see you step down @Jubis! You and I were together when Calgary was at its worst and you did a wonderful job changing the culture and creating a fun and positive environment in Calgary where people want to play. I am extremely honoured you recommended me for the position. No matter who gets the vacant position will Atleast get the job knowing that Calgary is far better than it was 5 seasons ago. Congrats on a good career in Calgar

Ever since I was drafted by Calgary, the only things I’ve gotten from you is kindness and helpfulness. As a newbie to the VHL, and experiencing all this for the first time, I really appreciated it. You were a fantastic GM, and I hope everything is okay with your home life.

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

you did a wonderful job changing the culture and creating a fun and positive environment in Calgary

I will definitely piggyback onto this one. It is not news that I was less than pleased about Lahtinen being drafted to Calgary. The team under old leadership was, shall we say, less than an ideal location. Lots of fighting, lots of drama, not a ton of activity from the top to stem the flow. @Jubis took the reigns of a team in distress and solved a lot of problems very quickly.

You won’t go down as a long term GM by any stretch Jubis but you were a good one and exactly what a team like Calgary needed.

Can't say I saw this one coming--thank you for your time as part of the GM community! Calgary needed a kick in the pants and you were able to give it to them, turning it from somewhere I never wanted to end up to what I saw from the outside as one of the league's cooler teams. That alone means you did a good job in your role, and it doesn't hurt that Calgary has been a decent team for a while on top of that.

I really respect both you and Frost for knowing when to step aside rather than just kind of semi-actively keeping the team going--the league deserves 110% from its GMs and your head is in the right place if you recognize that to the extent that you're willing to hand things over if life is getting in the way.

Good luck to whoever is hired as the next GM of the Wranglers!

Wow. I mean, you literally made Calgary not a meme anymore and for that I respect the hell out of you and your tenure. It's sad to see you step down considering what you did for the organization. I wish you the best for the future, as well as the new GM!