Jardy's Chodesode #2

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION IS ADVISED*

I swear a lot.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/The-Chodesode-2-Creating-a-Player-Again-e104ovp

In this episode, I discuss:

- Welfare origins

- Poopy Peepants

- My experience in creating a player for the first time in years

- Why I chose to join Houston

- Other miscellaneous VHLM stuff

- I swear about 3PPAO again

Mentions in passing:

@Doomsday @Advantage @Beketov @Kendrick @Josh @bigAL @BladeMaiden

Actual mentions:

@rjfryman  @RicoTheTrapGod @thadthrasher @JigglyGumballs @InstantRockstar @Rayzor_7 @Zetterberg @rory

7 hours ago, dlamb said:

You never fail to blow out my eardrums at the start :P 

But great casual listening as always, looking forward to more. But, :mia: > :hfx:

Yeah I noticed there were a couple times I maxed out the mic, I’ll try to avoid that going forward, haha

Great listen! I do want to point out that my pitch to you was shorter than @rjfryman's. As a nearly 30 year old man myself I didn't want to write too much! Anyways, I liked your podcast episode. I enjoyed hearing from your perspective why you chose Houston and what made you eliminate your other options. Well done! 8/10

13 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

Great listen! I do want to point out that my pitch to you was shorter than @rjfryman's. As a nearly 30 year old man myself I didn't want to write too much! Anyways, I liked your podcast episode. I enjoyed hearing from your perspective why you chose Houston and what made you eliminate your other options. Well done! 8/10

Oh, well in that case, you didn't put in enough effort! :P

Review:

Your comment that made me laugh.. "I wanted people to feel like it was shameful to claim welfare"

My immediate though is that  some people are into being shamed @JardyB10 lol, so you made their day :D

Q: Is Pension a thing?

A: welfare and pension are the same button, pension is worth 4 TPE and Welfare is worth 3 TPE, so you can retire

Q: "Who built all this?" (this bring the portal)

A: that would be @Will and I believe @Josh and @rjfryman do a lot of the updating and upkeep these days.

"i'm a bubby guy, i can show up and make dick jokes" ^__^ i'm ded because l've had similar  thoughts before lol

I think a lot of people don't realize you can hang around LRs even if you are not on teams, so dead LRs don't become a huge detriment in the end ...

VHL LRs are also discord LRs Jardy, I am confirming for ya lol

Might be the first time I've been called lovely on VHL ❤️  

I think I am gonna say that it is nice to see VHLM Gms showing solidarity about players that try to tank their value by going public with complaints especially if that player has not reached out to their GM first and given them an opportunity to rectify the situation by moving them. I can say with certainty this was not the mentality when I was a VHLM GM but you are right there is a fine line between solidarity and being unhelpful. Kind needed  to be out of Houston and instead of making an embargo against him they could have tried to take him on, and just brushed it off as a new kid that needed to be told what our leauge expectations and behaviors codes for players looks like. The whole  situation was a massive communications meltdown. That being said we live and we learn :D

Great Podcast Mr Almost 30,

looking forward to your next ballsy edition  :P

9/I0

Edited by BladeMaiden

5 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Great Podcast Mr Almost 30,

looking forward to your next ballsy edition  :P

No no, they're not ballsy, they're CHODEsodes. Wrong anatomy!

Also, thanks for listen and comment! I think solidarity and imparting expectations on players is all well and good, but I also think controversial moves and posts have their place in the VHL. And that same solidarity can (and presumably did) complement such a scenario! "Ahh my fellow GM is dealing with the ol' unruly player type! Classic facet of being a GM. I'll help him out with a fair enough offer, and we'll all go for a pint after," kind of thing.

And it's not entirely unlike exercising free agency. I know any GM would be glad to hold on to a player on a long contract regardless of how well they fit in with team plans because the player is still an asset. I feel like I've extended contracts with teams starting a rebuild to get them an extra draft pick or whatever, because it's hard to disappoint your GM or team, even if you're well within your right to. And I doubt that this would be uncommon practice even today. But free agency is (probably) a fun experience in of itself, and I imagine demanding a trade out of blue could be as well!

52 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

No no, they're not ballsy, they're CHODEsodes. Wrong anatomy!

Also, thanks for listen and comment! I think solidarity and imparting expectations on players is all well and good, but I also think controversial moves and posts have their place in the VHL. And that same solidarity can (and presumably did) complement such a scenario! "Ahh my fellow GM is dealing with the ol' unruly player type! Classic facet of being a GM. I'll help him out with a fair enough offer, and we'll all go for a pint after," kind of thing.

And it's not entirely unlike exercising free agency. I know any GM would be glad to hold on to a player on a long contract regardless of how well they fit in with team plans because the player is still an asset. I feel like I've extended contracts with teams starting a rebuild to get them an extra draft pick or whatever, because it's hard to disappoint your GM or team, even if you're well within your right to. And I doubt that this would be uncommon practice even today. But free agency is (probably) a fun experience in of itself, and I imagine demanding a trade out of blue could be as well!

You obviously didn’t hear about my FA experience.  Can’t say I would describe it as fun. All i can say that it is proof that i attract drama like flame attracts moths to it. 😄 

28 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

You obviously didn’t hear about my FA experience.  Can’t say I would describe it as fun. All i can say that it is proof that i attract drama like flame attracts moths to it. 😄 

This is true, I did not hear about it. But I would love to! Invite me on your next podcast where you fill me in on everything (i.e. all the drama) I missed in the last three years and I can play the OBoysC former Blue foil to your rage against the machine. :D

3 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

This is true, I did not hear about it. But I would love to! Invite me on your next podcast where you fill me in on everything (i.e. all the drama) I missed in the last three years and I can play the OBoysC former Blue foil to your rage against the machine. :D

If you think your views could take that heat I would be happy to take you up on that offer Jardy. Feel free to play that OBoysC card whenever you want me to pop off and remind the VHL what my reputation was made on, probably to my own detriment I do not fear much. :D

@JardyB10@BladeMaidenThank you for the mention and the podcast in general, I enjoyed listening to it! I feel like some people assumed my intention was to tank my value for whatever reason. Considering I know maybe 4 people on this entire site, I'm not sure what lowering my value would have possibly done. Though I will say it was interesting to see who replied and how they replied, puts into perspective how the "best people" club is ran in VHLM.  This right here "League expectations and behaviors codes for players looks like" is so dumb, I just can't... I'm sorry that I didn't sit on my hands and not make a statement about it? Going to my GM or my MIA AGM would have done what exactly? Got me traded? Sweet, does that solve the dead locker room? Does that solve locker rooms not welcoming new players? Btw the answer to both of those questions is a very hard NO. Instead I took my issues public and hey I got a discussion going about MIA locker rooms. Sorry that didn't follow your players code 🙄