Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

14 hours ago, scoop said:

1. Giveaway and takeaway tracking in a version of the sim that apparently isn't broken.

2. Not really lore, but just a historical fact. In the eight season from S26 to S33, each of the original eight teams won a championship.

3. I don't really see any reason to make that change. Is that something people are clamoring for? I'd rather see more seasons in a players career before season longer seasons, if we are going to give people more career games played.

1. Do you think success in the VHLM or VHLE adds in any way to the overall success of a player's career?

2. What type of career would you rather have: A) win three championships as an average player, winning no individual awards and not making it into the Hall of Fame; or B) two-time MVP, winning other assorted awards and a first ballot Hall of Fame induction but no Continental Cups

3. If you could add an award to the VHL, what would it be?

1. I think it does but very minimally unless you win championships. The VHLM the least because it's mostly a developmental league where everybody is finding out their player's build. Of course, VHLM accolades are still very respectable. VHLE is a little more competitive but it's sort of the awkward middle child.

2. I would rather win three championships as an average player. I'd even take one championship over the two-time MVP and other awards.

3. I think it would be fun to have a most hits award. We need some love for our bone crushing monsters! (call it the Vinny Detroit)

----

1. What would your thoughts be on an in-season tournament much like the one present in the NBA? (BoG's would have mass headaches haha)

2. Your player has just gotten sponsored! Who has sponsored them?

3. What is your player's go-to goal celebration?

On 10/1/2021 at 1:18 PM, NSG said:

1. What’s your favorite video game?

2. Which animal would you like to be (not necessarily your favorite animal, the animal whose lifestyle you like the most, in a sense)

3. Which VHLE team is your fave?

Answers:

1. I enjoy any GTA game, or anything sports related.

2. Cat so I could be super lazy

3. None of them, the VHLE is a waste of my time. 

Questions:

1. What are your predictions for the Continental Cup finals? Who will be the two teams in the finals? 

2. Who’s your favourite member? 

3. What is your plans for the holiday season? 

1. What are your predictions for the Continental Cup finals? Who will be the two teams in the finals? 
LA looks like a strong contender to come out of the NA conference. I will go with London in Europe as perhaps a less expected option

2. Who’s your favourite member? 
My good friend Nykonax and his player Eno Velvson

3. What is your plans for the holiday season? 
Travel to visit friends and family and relax!

---------------

1. Any big playoff surprises for you thus far?

2. What does your player want as a holiday present?

3. Any personal goals for 2024?

On 12/12/2023 at 12:05 AM, Velevra said:

1. Any big playoff surprises for you thus far?

2. What does your player want as a holiday present?

3. Any personal goals for 2024?

1) Nothing too big; maybe Helsinki going on a bit of a run but on paper they are really good so still can't be too surprised by that

2) A Renaissance Cup ring would be perfect :)

3) I'm a competitive five-pin bowler and I guess for me it'd be a big goal achieved to finish in the top-12 on the western canadian tour and qualify for the tour finals this year.

---

1) Which VHL non-playoff team do you think has the best chance of making it next season?

2) Who do you think is this season's playoff MVP so far?

3) What's your favourite kind of holiday season baking?

On 12/16/2023 at 1:22 AM, tcookie said:

1) Which VHL non-playoff team do you think has the best chance of making it next season?

2) Who do you think is this season's playoff MVP so far?

3) What's your favourite kind of holiday season baking?

1. Prague missed on returning to the playoffs by just one point a season after winning the Cup, they'll be back. 

2. Fuuka Rask has carried Helsinki from making the playoffs by just a single point to being within a game of the playoffs to a game from the Continental Cup Finals. 

3. Cookies!! They're always the best when you sneak them off the table while they're still warm and soft!

1. What's your favorite holiday tradition?

2. What VHL team (not necessarily in the playoffs this season) is most in need of a Cup win?

3. Who do you think is the most underrated player in the VHL right now?

3 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. Prague missed on returning to the playoffs by just one point a season after winning the Cup, they'll be back. 

2. Fuuka Rask has carried Helsinki from making the playoffs by just a single point to being within a game of the playoffs to a game from the Continental Cup Finals. 

3. Cookies!! They're always the best when you sneak them off the table while they're still warm and soft!

1. What's your favorite holiday tradition?

2. What VHL team (not necessarily in the playoffs this season) is most in need of a Cup win?

3. Who do you think is the most underrated player in the VHL right now?

1. Fresco’s beer podcast for sure.

2. I think Moscow. They’ve had one of the best GM’s I’ve seen in the league, and it is time for that to reflect into the trophy sheet.

3. Myself.

1. Do you have any holiday traditions if you celebrate?

2. What is your favorite winter activity?

3. If you could take a spontaneous trip right no where would you go?

18 hours ago, Arce said:

1. Do you have any holiday traditions if you celebrate?

2. What is your favorite winter activity?

3. If you could take a spontaneous trip right no where would you go?

1. We get together with my wife’s family on Christmas Eve and my family Christmas Day.

2. Skating on an outdoor pond. 

3. Likely take my wife back to a Disney park. If Tokyo wasn’t so expensive maybe there.

Questions:

1. Helsinki bs Toronto, who won and how many games? 

2. Who wins the draft lottery this week?

3. Prediction for biggest off-season trade in the VHL? 

1 hour ago, Smarch said:

Questions:

1. Helsinki bs Toronto, who won and how many games? 

2. Who wins the draft lottery this week?

3. Prediction for biggest off-season trade in the VHL? 

Answers:

1. I think that Helsinki pulls away with this one in 6 games.

2. I think Moscow wins the draft lottery.

3. Tbh no idea as I just came into this league

Questions:

1. What is your players favorite hockey gear brand?

2. What team did you want to go to most before you were signed?

3. How do you think the cup winning team (helsinki or toronto) will do in years to come?

17 hours ago, jake said:

Questions:

1. What is your players favorite hockey gear brand?

2. What team did you want to go to most before you were signed?

3. How do you think the cup winning team (helsinki or toronto) will do in years to come?

1. Big fan of the Bauer brand personally, but if it fits and the team supplied it, it's for me!

2. I always want to end up somewhere where I know I fit into the team's plans as well as their locker room. I definitely got both of those things with Helsinki.

3. Toronto is definitely built to contend for years, and Helsinki has a strong core coming up as well. Both teams will be staples of the playoffs for years to come.

1. What drew you into the VHL for the first time?

2. What is your favorite team, season, and experience in the VHL?

3. What song gets you pumped up the most for hockey?

7 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. Big fan of the Bauer brand personally, but if it fits and the team supplied it, it's for me!

2. I always want to end up somewhere where I know I fit into the team's plans as well as their locker room. I definitely got both of those things with Helsinki.

3. Toronto is definitely built to contend for years, and Helsinki has a strong core coming up as well. Both teams will be staples of the playoffs for years to come.

1. What drew you into the VHL for the first time?

2. What is your favorite team, season, and experience in the VHL?

3. What song gets you pumped up the most for hockey?

1. I think I saw a youtube video once of some NHL gameplay youtuber mentioning it... wish I could remember what it was but that's how I found out about the league. On a youtube video.

2. Favourite team and experience? My experience with the Calgary Wranglers as Jacques Lafontaine (and even now!) is excellent and the Wranglers have a special place in my heart.

3. It would probably have to be Spitfire. I am so glad that the Flames brought it back this season; it's just such a great song that fires me up.

1. How many assistant captains do you think a team should have max?

2. I've always asked about jersey numbers your player would wear but what's a jersey number your player would NEVER wear and why? (Not including retired numbers for franchises)

3. Out of any VHL goalie, which one do you think would score the first goalie goal if those were possible with STHS?

On 12/19/2023 at 4:34 PM, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. How many assistant captains do you think a team should have max?

2. I've always asked about jersey numbers your player would wear but what's a jersey number your player would NEVER wear and why? (Not including retired numbers for franchises)

3. Out of any VHL goalie, which one do you think would score the first goalie goal if those were possible with STHS?

I think 2 is a healthy amount.

I don't think any number is really off limits, I just like to have a reason for wearing the number or a decent feeling about it before picking it.

Art Vandeley jsut because he's fun and why not.

1. Did you predict Toronto to be the Continental Cup champions?

2. Any way to early cup champion for next season predictions?

3. Who do you think will go 1st overall in the VHL draft?

On 12/22/2023 at 9:35 AM, N0HBDY said:

I think 2 is a healthy amount.

I don't think any number is really off limits, I just like to have a reason for wearing the number or a decent feeling about it before picking it.

Art Vandeley jsut because he's fun and why not.

1. Did you predict Toronto to be the Continental Cup champions?

2. Any way to early cup champion for next season predictions?

3. Who do you think will go 1st overall in the VHL draft?

1. After they beat Chicago, I had them going all the way.

2. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a European time wins it, maybe Riga or something.

3. I'm going to go with Logan Ninefingers.

Ask 3

1. Where will your player be playing next season?

2. What team has been the biggest surprise this season in either the VHL, VHLE, or the VHLM?

3. How is your favorite sports team doing, if you have one?

Ask 3

1. Where will your player be playing next season?

New York Americans baby, I hope to stay for life. 

2. What team has been the biggest surprise this season in either the VHL, VHLE, or the VHLM?

I'm gonna go with the homer pick, And say the Americans. We didn't think we would win much but we almost made it into the wildcard-spot.

3. How is your favorite sports team doing, if you have one?

It's you Vancouver Canucks and they are currently first in the NHL... So i'd say it's goin pretty...preeeettyyy. preeeeeeeeettttty good.

Season 5 Finger Guns GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

1.If you we're a Free agent and could choose one other team to play for; what team would you choose and why?

2. If you'r player was a dog, what breed would it be?

3. Are your parents related in anyway, shape or form? If not, How did they meet?

(If that's too close to home= What company makes the best ketchup?)

Edited by Trazan

On 12/23/2023 at 11:38 AM, Trazan said:

1.If you we're a Free agent and could choose one other team to play for; what team would you choose and why?

I've been in the league long enough that I'm familiar with everyone and wouldn't heavily factor in a personal connection to one GM or another in a decision like that. So, in the context of what's best for Vandelay's last season, I think DC is the team that's best set up for a one-time goaler rental. 

2. If you'r player was a dog, what breed would it be?

Probably a retriever of some sort. "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking" and whatnot--and has stayed loyal for years.

3. Are your parents related in anyway, shape or form? If not, How did they meet?

I hope not, though if you go a couple generations back on one side you end up in a very redneck part of the US. So not mine specifically, but...

To answer the second part, I don't actually know (and sadly they don't really like each other and don't talk about stuff like that). They were at the same college at the same time, so that's probably got something to do with it.

1. Whether or not it's Christmas-related, how are you spending today and tomorrow?

2. What's something the VHL should have an award for that it currently doesn't?

3. What would not work well as a goal song?

9 hours ago, Gustav said:

1. Whether or not it's Christmas-related, how are you spending today and tomorrow?

2. What's something the VHL should have an award for that it currently doesn't?

3. What would not work well as a goal song?

Today I am sitting at home and doing nothing. Tomorrow i'm eating food and opening presents.

Best GM

Take me out to the ball game

3 questions

1. What is one thing you want for christmas this year?

2. What is your least favorite sport?

3. How long should a VHL player stay in the league for?

10 hours ago, jake said:

3 questions

1. What is one thing you want for christmas this year?

2. What is your least favorite sport?

3. How long should a VHL player stay in the league for?

1. Health for my family, while you can’t purchase it, you’ll never know how many Christmas you’ll have with immediate family at this point in my life.

2. Pickle ball, 

3. 8 seasons, the ninth season after already depreciating 12% would be a VHLMer for many members.

Questions:

1. What was your favourite present you got, or you got for someone in your family.

2. What decision went into picking your name for your player!

3. Early prediction for next years continental cup winner? 

5 hours ago, Smarch said:

1. Health for my family, while you can’t purchase it, you’ll never know how many Christmas you’ll have with immediate family at this point in my life.

2. Pickle ball, 

3. 8 seasons, the ninth season after already depreciating 12% would be a VHLMer for many members.

Questions:

1. What was your favourite present you got, or you got for someone in your family.

2. What decision went into picking your name for your player!

3. Early prediction for next years continental cup winner? 

1. I got a pretty neat Calgary Flames long sleeved athletic shirt which I think looks awesome! I also feel great about my gift for my dad.

2. Raimo was a first name I wanted to use because I thought it was beautiful and I found an equally beautiful Finnish last name, Tuominen.

3. The Calgary Wranglers. I believe in the team and I want to work hard to get us there.

-

1. Out of anybody on your team's roster, who would be the most likely to win Survivor?

2. What stick flex does your player use and why?

3. Your player has a VHL funko pop made of them! What are their thoughts?

20 hours ago, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. Out of anybody on your team's roster, who would be the most likely to win Survivor?

2. What stick flex does your player use and why?

3. Your player has a VHL funko pop made of them! What are their thoughts?

1. Me, honestly. They're never going after the new person, Bear and Ninefingers are just too big of threats, and I have enough skills to win immunities down the stretch.

2. I'm at 70. I like to be flexible, a little more lightweight, and I think that suits my style the best.

3. My best feature is my eyes, so any funko pop with those beady eyes just isn't going to work for me. Appreciate the effort though.

Questions:

1. What are you planning on training most this offseason?

2. What's your favorite holidays weather? Warmer to be outside, or a white Christmas?

3. If you had to design your ideal goalie helmet, what's the design?

On 12/26/2023 at 12:08 PM, CowboyinAmerica said:

Questions:

1. What are you planning on training most this offseason?

2. What's your favorite holidays weather? Warmer to be outside, or a white Christmas?

3. If you had to design your ideal goalie helmet, what's the design?

1. PLYOs, we're getting explosive! It's what matters in today's game

2. White Christmas. Definitely not warm, it is rainy and sad where I live. Also I would like for more ponds to freeze.

3. Lots of movie and people references. I would put the sand worm or Timothee Chalamet for Dune, Mike Eruzione from Miracle, and something that signifies David Goggins. Also a Ukrainian flag in there somewhere. Busy but very reflective of my personality.

Questions:

1. What is the best pre-game meal? How long before a game is it eaten?

2. Which current/past NHL player is most like your VHL player?

3. What is the coolest hockey jersey you have ever seen?

22 hours ago, Louie_Z said:

Questions:

1. What is the best pre-game meal? How long before a game is it eaten?

2. Which current/past NHL player is most like your VHL player?

3. What is the coolest hockey jersey you have ever seen?

1. I would say pasta and grilled chicken, about 3-4 hours before gametime.

2. Zdeno Chara without question, my player is as tall and similar physical/offensive game.

3. I'd have to say the old Minnesota Northstars jersey and color scheme, just love that look.

Questions:

1. What was the best gift you received this holiday season? If no gift then last gift you gave yourself. 

2. What is your players pre-game hype song?

3. Will Ovechkin catch Gretzky's goal record, why or why not? 

4 hours ago, Girts said:

Questions:

1. What was the best gift you received this holiday season? If no gift then last gift you gave yourself. 

2. What is your players pre-game hype song?

3. Will Ovechkin catch Gretzky's goal record, why or why not? 

1. Haven't gotten it, but we're gonna order an Xbox Series X real soon. Have had my Xbox one for too long lol

2. He likes to listen to a bunch of soothing country songs so that his mind isn't filled with a bunch of outside noise

3. Yeah I think so. Ovechkin is a hell of a player

Questions: 

1. What is one new year resolution you have?

2. How has your players career gone so far

3. What is your favorite sports team?

Edited by Adrest245

16 hours ago, Adrest245 said:

Questions: 

1. What is one new year resolution you have?

2. How has your players career gone so far

3. What is your favorite sports team?

1. Get into my uni's college of business

2. He was just created but he is probably the best player in victory hockey history

3. THE ohio state buckeyes

Ask

1. Currently, what is your favorite video game?

2. How did you find out about the VHL?

3. Are you an article, graphics, or welfare type of person?

1 hour ago, jhatty8 said:

1. Get into my uni's college of business

2. He was just created but he is probably the best player in victory hockey history

3. THE ohio state buckeyes

Ask

1. Currently, what is your favorite video game?

2. How did you find out about the VHL?

3. Are you an article, graphics, or welfare type of person?

1. Either Slapshot Rebound or Terraria as that's what I've been playing recently.

2. I found out about VHL through Sam and JB in a different hockey server.

3. I prefer to do graphics, but when I don't really have any inspiration or graphics to do, I do a media spot instead.

Ask

1. Are you looking forward to the M, E, or VHL draft and why?

2. What's your New Years resolution?

3. Which team is going to win the cup in either the VHL, M, or E and why?

10 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

1. Are you looking forward to the M, E, or VHL draft and why?

2. What's your New Years resolution?

3. Which team is going to win the cup in either the VHL, M, or E and why?

1. yeah I do since it's my draft season!

2. I never done that to be honest

3. I think Los Angeles is due for a cup.

questions:

1. How was the VHL xmas content this year in your opinion?

2. Who would you like to raise your glass to in the league for their great year?

3. What is your plan for 2024?

8 hours ago, Dom said:

questions:

1. How was the VHL xmas content this year in your opinion?

2. Who would you like to raise your glass to in the league for their great year?

3. What is your plan for 2024?

1. I don’t remember the other times I was in the league for the Christmas content, so I enjoyed it. I do remember the VHL Christmas scavenger hunt hunt which I hated so this was much better.

2. Everyone that helps the league tick, from commissioners to GMs to updaters, etc.

3. Trying to make enough money to pay for all the formula the next 4-5 months.

Questions:

1. Does Cologne pull off the four peat this year in the VHLM?

2. How many players will break the 100 point threshold in the VHL this season?

3. Will the league see its first 60 goal scorer since  Season Eighty-three this year? If so who? 

Edited by Smarch