Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

2 hours ago, Velevra said:

Questions:
1) Which team in the VHL/VHLE/VHLM do you think had a great offseason?

2) What are your player's performance goals for the upcoming season?

3) Which player in any league do you think will have a breakout season?

1. I really think my team, the Malmo Nighthawks, had an amazing off-season, but to give you someone else...I liked Moscow's off-season a fair bit (despite being overrated slightly by Spartan).

2. Hoping for 20 Goals and 50 Points at a minimum.  Would love to have a true breakout year and get near the point-per-game territory.

3. Hoping for myself but I think Tzesar is due for a breakout year as he enters into the VHLE.  He looked really comfortable in the VHLM last year as he improved greatly on the year prior, and I think he takes another step this year.

---

1. You win 1 Million Dollars in the Lottery...how do you deal with that influx in cash?

2. Who would you take with 1st overall in VHFL this season?

3. You can change one award winner from last season.  Who is it and why?

On 8/17/2023 at 1:55 PM, Advantage said:

1. You win 1 Million Dollars in the Lottery...how do you deal with that influx in cash?

2. Who would you take with 1st overall in VHFL this season?

3. You can change one award winner from last season.  Who is it and why?

1. As someone renting where the median house price is about 750k, I would aim to buy a house without a mortgage and then pay off my student debt for myself and my fiancee. Any amount that was left would just be invested and then Life should become a whole lot easier.

2.  Probably Voss I know Boom can make a good player and I expect them to get all the points this season.

3. I would give myself the Elmebeck not because I think I deserve it but I just want to have one it at least once.

Q1) Seattle Bears took home the first VHL Cup (not endorsed from the VHL at this time) did you follow along with it's process?

Q2) What is your favourite off season activity to do on the forum (i.e. predictions, fantasy, etc.)

Q3) Do you have a chance of winning an award this season if so what award?

On 8/18/2023 at 12:36 AM, Berocka said:

1. As someone renting where the median house price is about 750k, I would aim to buy a house without a mortgage and then pay off my student debt for myself and my fiancee. Any amount that was left would just be invested and then Life should become a whole lot easier.

2.  Probably Voss I know Boom can make a good player and I expect them to get all the points this season.

3. I would give myself the Elmebeck not because I think I deserve it but I just want to have one it at least once.

Q1) Seattle Bears took home the first VHL Cup (not endorsed from the VHL at this time) did you follow along with it's process?

Q2) What is your favourite off season activity to do on the forum (i.e. predictions, fantasy, etc.)

Q3) Do you have a chance of winning an award this season if so what award?

1. Congrats to the Seattle Bears! I did not follow along with it's process. I should probably figure out what it's all about.

2. My favourite off-season activity would have to be fantasy and trying to think about who I'm going to draft for my team. It's cool looking for hidden gems and seeing how other players are doing.

3. I do not have a chance in the VHL but since I'm playing in the VHLE, I am hoping to help the Storm win the Renaissance Cup. The Aldwin Craig would probably be the award I'd be most likely to win but I'm not too worried about pushing for it.

Questions:

1. If you had to add an award (it can be serious or a joke award, up to you), what award would you add to the VHL?

2. If your player had a custom goal song, what would the song be?

3. There's an empty net. What is the furthest distance your player would be before they'd be willing to go for the ENG?

5 hours ago, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. Congrats to the Seattle Bears! I did not follow along with it's process. I should probably figure out what it's all about.

2. My favourite off-season activity would have to be fantasy and trying to think about who I'm going to draft for my team. It's cool looking for hidden gems and seeing how other players are doing.

3. I do not have a chance in the VHL but since I'm playing in the VHLE, I am hoping to help the Storm win the Renaissance Cup. The Aldwin Craig would probably be the award I'd be most likely to win but I'm not too worried about pushing for it.

Questions:

1. If you had to add an award (it can be serious or a joke award, up to you), what award would you add to the VHL?

2. If your player had a custom goal song, what would the song be?

3. There's an empty net. What is the furthest distance your player would be before they'd be willing to go for the ENG?

1. It would be cool to have an award for the funniest discord comment

2. Hard in da paint by waka flocka

3. I have no clue what an ENG is but he can hit a full court shot

Ask

1. Who is your best friend on your current team?

2. Who is one GM who you havent played for that you'd love to play for?

3. How do VHL players pass the time during the offseason?

On 8/21/2023 at 12:16 AM, jhatty8 said:

1. It would be cool to have an award for the funniest discord comment

2. Hard in da paint by waka flocka

3. I have no clue what an ENG is but he can hit a full court shot

Ask

1. Who is your best friend on your current team?

2. Who is one GM who you havent played for that you'd love to play for?

3. How do VHL players pass the time during the offseason?

1. sijn (the gm)

2.rockstar i think i played for his team but i dont remember

3.  no idea not a vhler yet BUT i am a vhle and all i do is complain how long this damn off season takes

1. who is the best player in your opinion (Vhl)

2. favorite sport game?

3. favorite vhl vhle or vhlm team

2. favorite sport game?

1. I think that Ronan Lavelle is the best player in the VHL.

2. probably NHL 23 because it is always fun to play whenever I am bored.

3. I would say that the Wolves are my favourite because they have always been like a cool team.

Questions

Q1) When did you Join the VHL?

Q2) What is your favourite thing about the VHL?

Q3) How long ago did you graduate from high school, if you didn’t then when did you graduate from Middle school?

7 hours ago, Sawyer13 said:

2. favorite sport game?

1. I think that Ronan Lavelle is the best player in the VHL.

2. probably NHL 23 because it is always fun to play whenever I am bored.

3. I would say that the Wolves are my favourite because they have always been like a cool team.

Questions

Q1) When did you Join the VHL?

Q2) What is your favourite thing about the VHL?

Q3) How long ago did you graduate from high school, if you didn’t then when did you graduate from Middle school?

1. Just the other day

2. Competition and hockey

3. 2014.

Questions

1. What's been your favorite part of August?

2. What was your first pets name?

3. What's your 3 favourite things about the VHL?

On 8/23/2023 at 3:57 AM, Dee said:

Questions

1. What's been your favorite part of August?

2. What was your first pets name?

3. What's your 3 favourite things about the VHL?

1) The fact that it's almost over. I am not huge fan of hot temperatures so far prefer the spring or fall.

2) My first pet growing up was a dog named Cinnamon. My first pet after moving out of my parents was a dog named George.

3) I love the portal, the people so far, and the fact that my player has been doing ok

Questions
1) In the NHL, Matthews just signed a contract extension, do you feel the Leafs did ok with that deal?
2) Now that the fall is nearing, what is your favourite season of the year and why?
3) In the VHL, will the Moscow Menace make the playoffs?

1) In the NHL, Matthews just signed a contract extension, do you feel the Leafs did ok with that deal?

I much as matthews has earned the money the cap tight NHL means im going to say no as thats alot of money for one guy!

2) Now that the fall is nearing, what is your favourite season of the year and why?

Winter, Because christmas is my favorite holiday, spending time with family, and of course my birthday 

No @Spartan  is too sleepy to make the playoffs he need to wake up first and he doesn't want too

1) How do we wake up sleepy spartan?

2) If you could add a team to the VHL, What would there name be? Where that name?
3) If you could have the career of one NHL Player in the VHL who would it be? However, it can't be a player who won the stanley cup!

12 hours ago, UnknownMinion said:

I much as matthews has earned the money the cap tight NHL means im going to say no as thats alot of money for one guy!

Winter, Because christmas is my favorite holiday, spending time with family, and of course my birthday 

No @Spartan  is too sleepy to make the playoffs he need to wake up first and he doesn't want too

1) How do we wake up sleepy spartan?

2) If you could add a team to the VHL, What would there name be? Where that name?
3) If you could have the career of one NHL Player in the VHL who would it be? However, it can't be a player who won the stanley cup!

1. Three ice buckets, two smelling salts, and a partridge in a pear tree. Even then it only has a 10% chance of really working.

2. I think it's be interesting to add a team from Australia. I know that the conferences are split into NA/EU but we could find room for them somehow. It'd be cool to have a team called the Sydney Wallabies.

3. I'd have to go with Jarome Iginla. One of the best power forwards of all time and just a guy who could do whatever his team asked of him. Scored goals, had big hits and fights, and most importantly just worked hard every shift.

1) In your eyes, what is the number of goals that separates the top goal scorers in hockey from good goal scorers?

2) Which do you think is better for a team to have? Good defensemen depth or good forward depth?

3) The VHL has decided to host their first winter classic! Where is it taking place?

On 8/27/2023 at 6:41 AM, SlapshotWrangler said:

1) In your eyes, what is the number of goals that separates the top goal scorers in hockey from good goal scorers?

1A. Its gotta be the 60 goal mark. Few have done it and even less have done it multiple times

2) Which do you think is better for a team to have? Good defensemen depth or good forward depth?

2A. Defense wins games but offense wins championships to me

3) The VHL has decided to host their first winter classic! Where is it taking place?

3A. Vasteras. They won the first VHL championship so i think thats significant enough to earn them the first WC

1) The season just started, how are you performing so far? Is it up to your expectations?

2) What is your expectations for your player for this season?

3) If you could go back in time and watch any goal in hockey history what would it be?

1) The season just started, how are you performing so far? Is it up to your expectations?
Probably exceeding expectations on a personal level, hope the team can keep finding ways to win more games!

2) What is your expectations for your player for this season?
Given my player's hot start, I hope to continue the strong performance and finish off as a top 5 forward in the league.

3) If you could go back in time and watch any goal in hockey history what would it be?
Probably Bobby Orr scoring and flying through the air

---

1) What has the biggest surprise so far after a week of sims?

2) Who is a darkhorse to win a championship this season that people are underestimating?

3) Are their certain attributes (e.g SC, DF, PA) you are hoping to improve this season?

Malmö, I thought they would be in the top. 
2) Who is a darkhorse to win a championship this season that people are underestimating?
Without knowing much about them Calgary Wrangels feels like a strong team.
3) Are their certain attributes (e.g SC, DF, PA) you are hoping to improve this season?

I'm hoping to get Skating and Passing to 80 somewhere down the line :)

1) Who would you say mattered most in your childhood?

2) Coffee or Tea? Choose wisely.

3) What stat matters most to you? Goals, Assists, hits, SB ? or something else?

On 8/29/2023 at 12:11 AM, Trazan said:

Malmö, I thought they would be in the top. 
Without knowing much about them Calgary Wrangels feels like a strong team.

I'm hoping to get Skating and Passing to 80 somewhere down the line :)

1) Who would you say mattered most in your childhood?

2) Coffee or Tea? Choose wisely.

3) What stat matters most to you? Goals, Assists, hits, SB ? or something else?

1. 100% Nhl and basketball

2. ive tried both tea takes like 20 sugar cubes to get a taste of anything and it made me puke and coffee taste boring as shit

3. Sb's hits and assists matter to me a lot i like to be useful everywhere rather then just one single stat line

1. best car brand?

2. top 3 vhl teams

3. and the most unquie food from your country or culture?

On 8/30/2023 at 8:28 PM, comrade cat said:

1. best car brand?

2. top 3 vhl teams

3. and the most unquie food from your country or culture?

Answers:
1) I would probably say Porsche would be the best car brand; for me personally I would say Tesla (not due to quality as still has issues but due to the technology)
2) My personal top 3 would be Vancouver, Calgary and always whatever team I am on, currently Malmo

3) Live in Canada now but born in Poland, so would say Pierogi from Poland

Questions:
1) Who in your opinion is the most underrated player this season in the VHL?
2) Who in your opinion is the most overrated player this season in the VHL?

3) What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?

On 9/2/2023 at 3:17 AM, Greg_Di said:

Answers:
1) I would probably say Porsche would be the best car brand; for me personally I would say Tesla (not due to quality as still has issues but due to the technology)
2) My personal top 3 would be Vancouver, Calgary and always whatever team I am on, currently Malmo

3) Live in Canada now but born in Poland, so would say Pierogi from Poland

Questions:

Answers:

Todd Cooke.

Probably Todd Cooke too.

Not too much! Pretty happy.

Questions:
1) How has your season gone so far?
2) Who in your opinion is the slowest player this season in the VHL?

3) What do you wish you spent more time doing 13 years ago? lol

9 hours ago, Dee said:

Answers:

Todd Cooke.

Probably Todd Cooke too.

Not too much! Pretty happy.

Questions:
1) How has your season gone so far?
2) Who in your opinion is the slowest player this season in the VHL?

3) What do you wish you spent more time doing 13 years ago? lol

Answer

1. I have no clue because I don't have Bally Sports to watch the VHLE.

2. Probably WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW because the extra fabric on their jersey is really slowing them down.

3. Damn idk, my kindergarten self was doing pretty alright.

Ask

1. Do you think weight/height should have an impact on the sim ratings?

2. If your player could be on a podcast or late night show, which one would it be?

3. How often do you talk in your team's locker room?

Edited by jhatty8

10 hours ago, jhatty8 said:

Answer

1. I have no clue because I don't have Bally Sports to watch the VHLE.

2. Probably WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW because the extra fabric on their jersey is really slowing them down.

3. Damn idk, my kindergarten self was doing pretty alright.

Ask

1. Do you think weight/height should have an impact on the sim ratings?

2. If your player could be on a podcast or late night show, which one would it be?

3. How often do you talk in your team's locker room?

1. I don't really think so but I do think it having an effect on how your player plays would be fair.  I kinda enjoy that it doesnt seem to though as it allows our members to be really creative with how they build their players.

2. Probably Kimmel although admittedly I'm not a big late night guy and most of the podcasts I listen to are not really hockey related.

3. I try to a bit.  I admittedly have always been more of an observer in discord LRs typically, but thats just cause I'm not often able to be on so it can be hard to have a conversation when I am only occasionally on for a few minutes at a time.  But I still contribute most days and its usually related to the sims.

---

1. If you could choose the theme week for this year's deadline, what would you choose to do?

2. Your VHL player has a chance to join a major movie franchise.  What one is he hoping to do the most?

3. Give a shoutout to one person in the league that you like a lot in this league? I will start it off by shouting out @BOOM who I have known for a number of years and have enjoyed speaking to you on forum and off about the VHL, football leagues but more importantly life.  He's an awesome dude and has always been incredibly likable.  Hope to one day visit him and meet the man in the flesh.

7 minutes ago, Advantage said:

1. I don't really think so but I do think it having an effect on how your player plays would be fair.  I kinda enjoy that it doesnt seem to though as it allows our members to be really creative with how they build their players.

2. Probably Kimmel although admittedly I'm not a big late night guy and most of the podcasts I listen to are not really hockey related.

3. I try to a bit.  I admittedly have always been more of an observer in discord LRs typically, but thats just cause I'm not often able to be on so it can be hard to have a conversation when I am only occasionally on for a few minutes at a time.  But I still contribute most days and its usually related to the sims.

---

1. If you could choose the theme week for this year's deadline, what would you choose to do?

2. Your VHL player has a chance to join a major movie franchise.  What one is he hoping to do the most?

3. Give a shoutout to one person in the league that you like a lot in this league? I will start it off by shouting out @BOOM who I have known for a number of years and have enjoyed speaking to you on forum and off about the VHL, football leagues but more importantly life.  He's an awesome dude and has always been incredibly likable.  Hope to one day visit him and meet the man in the flesh.

1. I would probably go with "VHL mascots" as I think that'd be fun to discuss.

2. Raimo Tuominen would love to be a part of the Jurassic series. He'd enjoy seeing real life dinosaurs... until things go wrong.

3. I'm gonna have to go with @ROOKIE745, one of my favourite teammates and rivals. I hope to see his player in the big leagues soon, either on my team or as an opponent.

1. Speaking of VHL mascots, name a team and what mascot you'd give them (feel free to give the mascot a name!)

2. Name one of your favourite VHL memories to date.

3. On a scale of 1-10 how likely would your player miss an open net? (1 being not likely at all, 10 being Patrik Stefan)

2 hours ago, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. Speaking of VHL mascots, name a team and what mascot you'd give them (feel free to give the mascot a name!)

2. Name one of your favourite VHL memories to date.

3. On a scale of 1-10 how likely would your player miss an open net? (1 being not likely at all, 10 being Patrik Stefan)

1. I would go with a yeti as a mascot for Davos.

2. WInning back-to-back Championships in S52/S53 with the Americans.

3. I'll say 2. It's not likely, but shit happens.

1. How is your season go so far compared to your expectations?

2. What team (in any league/conference) that is currently outside of a playoff position do you think will end up in the playoffs?

3. What is a song that always makes you clap?

1. How is your season go so far compared to your expectations?

As a team it goes as bad as you would've thought, Individually: it goes great, Much better than i thought. 

2. What team (in any league/conference) that is currently outside of a playoff position do you think will end up in the playoffs?

Helsinki Titans.

3. What is a song that always makes you clap?

The intro to "Freinds", If you don't clap to that you're a monster.

1.What's for dinner today?

2. In what year of school did you have the most fun?

3. If you could add 10 to any stat this year, what would it be?(Goals, Ass, +/- etc)

On 9/9/2023 at 12:47 AM, Trazan said:

1.What's for dinner today?

I went to an Indian place in my area for the first time and I ended up with more biryani than I knew what to do with. Dinner today, lunch tomorrow, same difference.

2. In what year of school did you have the most fun?

I kid you not, this one. Either that or last year. Both times (once because I'm bad socially--plus covid--and the next because I moved) I went from zero friends to developing hugely positive relationships with people I now really care about. But a year into my grad program and it's fun--that's more than I ever could have asked for.

3. If you could add 10 to any stat this year, what would it be?(Goals, Ass, +/- etc)

I'd say wins, but I haven't lost 10 times yet 😎 so I'll go with shutouts.

1. Which VHL award (other than MVP) do you most want to win and why?

2. What's your favorite thing to cook?

3. What's a VHL team that you like other than the one you play for and why?

22 hours ago, Gustav said:

1. Which VHL award (other than MVP) do you most want to win and why?

2. What's your favorite thing to cook?

3. What's a VHL team that you like other than the one you play for and why?

1. I don't really care much for player accolades so a community award would be pretty cool, but I don't think I'll ever be active enough to get one.

2. Anything that doesn't cause a fire. I'm pretty good at cereal.

3. I like Moscow because they're a cool team to play for.

Ask

1. What is the most "boring" part of the season for you?

2. Would you buy a jersey or other merch of your VHL team IRL?

3. Recently, what is your favorite piece of media on this site?

On 9/10/2023 at 11:06 PM, jhatty8 said:

Ask

1. What is the most "boring" part of the season for you?

2. Would you buy a jersey or other merch of your VHL team IRL?

3. Recently, what is your favorite piece of media on this site?

1. As a tanking I gotta say just the entire season, everyone knows it's not fun to lose, but gotta trust the process.

2. I think if I got a sick concept going I probably would to hang up somewhere

3. I'm enjoying ALL of the theme week articles.

1. Have you submitted a trivia question for the trivia question pool?

2. What's better College hockey or Pro hockey?

3. Sticking with the topic of college, thought's on coach PRIME and the buffs in football?