Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

Q1) What do you think would make a great theme week topic

I think a good theme week would be about the history of franchises. It’d be fun to read articles about VHL articles and people would learn more about the league’s history by writing articles, which is a great thing.

Q2) If you were to add something to the player store what would it be and how much would it cost.

Definitely would add equipment to the store. Items that would give you boost in attribute categories. They would expire after a certain amount of time.

Q3) What is your dream job in the VHL?

The one I have, being an updater. I think it’s a great way help the league. You get to teach recently joined members about how claiming and TPE works.

My questions:

1) How long do you plan to be active in the VHL? How come?

2) Who do you think the MVP of the league is right now?

3) You’re now the commissioner of the league. What is the first rule you would implement?

14 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

My questions:

1) How long do you plan to be active in the VHL? How come?

2) Who do you think the MVP of the league is right now?

3) You’re now the commissioner of the league. What is the first rule you would implement?

1. I plan to be active until this player is forced to retire, then maybe make another one if I have time. I enjoy it! 

2. I'd have to say my boy Brendan Marner

3. Hmm, I'd probably give everyone free tpe, new rule, more tpe every week for doing practice. Maybe 3tpe. 

---

1. Are you happy with your players peformance this season? 

2. What's one area you plan on working on down the stretch and into next season? 

3. Favorite cereal? 

On 2/19/2023 at 8:55 PM, Girts said:

1. I plan to be active until this player is forced to retire, then maybe make another one if I have time. I enjoy it! 

2. I'd have to say my boy Brendan Marner

3. Hmm, I'd probably give everyone free tpe, new rule, more tpe every week for doing practice. Maybe 3tpe. 

---

1. Are you happy with your players peformance this season? 

2. What's one area you plan on working on down the stretch and into next season? 

3. Favorite cereal? 

1. Hmm it could be better honestly, but it’s a rebuilding team and there are always going to be some growing pains.

2. Consistency is key! My player needs to bring it every game and impact the game is some way! 

3. that is a tough one but I’m going with Reese Puffs.

questions:

1. If you could come back as one animal which would it be?

2. What is your go to daily snack?

3. besides your favourite team, what’s one nhl team you’d like to play for if you could?

1. If you could come back as one animal which would it be?

Definitely a dog 🐕 or something that can fly 🐦 

2. What is your go to daily snack?

Jerky, nuts , or crackers and hummus 

3. besides your favourite team, what’s one nhl team you’d like to play for if you could?

Nowadays Buffalo is a fun team. Or Edmonton they both score like crazy. 

1. Do you prefer to sleep in a cold room or warm one ?  

2. On flights with your teammates, are you at the poker table or relaxing Watching a movie ? 

3.  What handness are you at hockey, golf and baseball?

1. Do you prefer to sleep in a cold room or warm one ?  

2. On flights with your teammates, are you at the poker table or relaxing Watching a movie ? 

3.  What handness are you at hockey, golf and baseball?

1. sleep in a cold room 

2. Playing at the poker table 

3. I am left handed in all three sports 

Questions

Q1) what is your favourite tv show?

Q2) what is your favourite movie?

Q3) are you left handed or right handed?

I don't watch a lot of TV at the moment, so I guess AEW Dynamite.

Q2) what is your favourite movie?

I'm not a big movie watcher, so I will just say Star Wars or Lord of the Rings.

Q3) are you left handed or right handed?

I am a southpaw (left handed).

The European side of the VHL is tight at the moment.  What teams are not getting to the playoffs?

Your player is invited to a local charity softball game, what position are you playing and why?

Which round of the playoffs will Moscow inevitably lose in?

1. I’m going to say Warsaw and Malmo. 
2. Pitcher, since he would like the added pressure the position brings. 
3. Final, if they lose at all. 

1. Biggest surprise VHL team this season? 
2. Thoughts on the recent NHL trades? Specifically, what’d you think of the return on the Jeannot trade? 
3. Do you prefer to watch a movie or a series? 

1. Biggest surprise VHL team this season? Sorry, i dont really catch up with the VHL.
2. Thoughts on the recent NHL trades? Specifically, what’d you think of the return on the Jeannot trade? I don't really catch up with the NHL but I think that trade will boost that team by a lot.
3. Do you prefer to watch a movie or a series? A movie, idk why but a movie brings better vibes than a series.

1. How do you feel about your personal achievements this previous season?

2. How do you feel about the NBA trade deadline?

3. What's your favorite sports team?

1 - point totals were nice but I wanted more overall in hits and blocked shots 

2 - I couldn't care less 

3 - I'm a Sabres fan through thick and thin 

1 - the VHLE has been around awhile now - what are your thoughts on it?

2 - do you play any mobile games? 

3 - what's the last movie you saw in a theater?

1 - Unfortunately I am new to the league so am unsure, I am definitely scrambling to learn all I can though.

2 - I find mobile games hard to get into due to their time gating and massive micro transactions.  I did recently install Motorsport Manager though to see how it was and so far not too bad.

3 - Avatar: The Way of Water was the last movie I saw in theaters and I thought it was pretty good. Wasn't sure if I'd like it after the first one was so many years ago but it was alright.

1 - If you could give advice to someone newly joining the VHL, what would that advice be?

2 - If you could change one thing about the VHL, what would it be?

3 - Who do you feel will win the Stanley Cup this year in the NHL?

9 hours ago, nerji said:

1 - If you could give advice to someone newly joining the VHL, what would that advice be?

A1) Take your time you won't know everything straight away so don't try and learn it all immediately just enjoy your time here

A2) Implement a super coach tpe task

A3) I think the NY Rangers made some decent acquisitions and could go far this year

Q1) What is your players number one activity in the offseason 

Q2) would you rather miss playoffs or be a second round exit and why?

Q3) What are your thoughts on the play in round is it real playoffs?

1. read through all of the tutorials and ask for help 

2. the tasks are kinda difficult to do main tasks so kinda change the at up

3. I think the Boston bruins. They have played good all year and so that why they might win.

QUESTIONS 

1) what is the hardest thing to do in the vhl?

2) what is your favourite team in the Vhl?

3) what is your least favourite NHL team?

11 hours ago, Sawyer13 said:

1. read through all of the tutorials and ask for help 

2. the tasks are kinda difficult to do main tasks so kinda change the at up

3. I think the Boston bruins. They have played good all year and so that why they might win.

QUESTIONS 

1) what is the hardest thing to do in the vhl?

2) what is your favourite team in the Vhl?

3) what is your least favourite NHL team?

1. I’d say staying consistent in the discord groups and max earning! It’s a long season but worth it to stay engaged.

2. Helsinki Titans and Calgary Wranglers 

3. Bruins or Oilers 

questions:

1. Pancakes or Waffles?

2. If 100 eagles were attacking you at once how many could you take down before you die.

3. Favourite Vegetable raw and cooked?

Edited by tinafrombobsburgers

1) Waffles

2) I hate birds so would probably be lucky to take one down before I died while running away

3) Cooked - broccoli Raw - radish

1) If money were no object, how would you spend your time?

2) What is your biggest pet peeve?

3) Did you play any sports growing up?

1) If money were no object, how would you spend your time?

2) What is your biggest pet peeve?

3) Did you play any sports growing up?

Answers 

1. play hockey 

2. People being obnoxious 

3. I have played hockey, soccer, baseball and lacrosse 

Questions 

Q2) are you left handed or right handed?

Q3) what is your dream job? 

1. Favourite TV show is probably The Wire, it's the one I can watch again and again

2. Right handed

3. Not working at all.

Questions.

1) How do you take your coffee? 

2) How is the week going, are you happy?

3) I'm currently training to run a marathon. What's the longest you've ever ran?

Questions.

1) How do you take your coffee? 

With just milk. Never sugar and never cream.

2) How is the week going, are you happy?

Goin well so far .. itszmy bday this week. 

3) I'm currently training to run a marathon. What's the longest you've ever ran?

Run not much lol but I walked 5k today. I try to walk 5-8k outside once a week instead of just hitting the gym everyday to mix up my exercises. 

1.  Do you listen to podcasts ? If so what 

2. What NHL team had the best trade deadline? 

3.  Roughly what place will your team finish next season in the VHL ? 

1 - yes, lots of them. A handful of real play RPG shows, a couple of wrestling podcasts, a couple hockey podcasts.

2 - easily Boston, there's really no debate

3 - I'm a pending free agent so I can't really say.

Q1 - do either you or your player play an instrument?

Q2 - what would your player do if not hockey?

Q3 - what is your go-to dessert?

On 3/8/2023 at 11:26 AM, Jubis said:

Questions.

1.  Do you listen to podcasts ? If so what 

2. What NHL team had the best trade deadline? 

3.  Roughly what place will your team finish next season in the VHL ? 

Answers

1) I listen to most of the local sports market podcasts. Leafs & Blue Jays related especially. I'll also listen to audiobooks if a topic is interesting enough to me. 

2) New York Rangers had the best trade deadline. Their big acquisitions were Patrick Kane and Vladimir Tarasenko. Both great scorers even if they are a little past their prime. The Leafs did pretty well, too. 

3) I'm not on a team yet so a real answer is tough but I'll go with the arrogant answer. We'll be #1!!!! 

Next Questions

1) What's the most interesting book you've read recently and why did you find it so compelling?
2) If you could travel back in time to any period in history, when and where would you go and what would you do there?
3) What's the best piece of advice you've ever received and how has it impacted your life?

Talk about timing....as a retired history teacher gotta love these questions.

1) What's the most interesting book you've read recently and why did you find it so compelling?

I just finished "The Lives of Brian" by Brian Johnson, the lead singer of AC/DC. I am a HUGE AC/DC fan and my daughter got me this book for Christmas. I have been going thru a tough time the last couple of months and this book made me laugh out loud. I needed something to smile about and this book did just that. Brian explains his background and how he ended up becoming their lead singer. He also addressed the rumors around the writing of the songs for Back in Black. I have been a HUGE AC/DC fan my whole life and this big made me feel like I was there as he grew up and found his way into the group. I cant wait to read his other books. I felt like we were just talking and he shared the story of his life with me. Great read!

2) If you could travel back in time to any period in history, when and where would you go and what would you do there?

I wont lie, after just losing my Mom, I would go back to spend just one more day with her. As a history nerd I would also love to go back to so many times in history. There is so much I would love to be a witness to. I think if I had to chose one though, it would be back to Philly for the writing of the US Constitution. There were no records left of those conversations, the windows were closed and no one was allowed to enter. All we have is the results of these important conversations.

3) What's the best piece of advice you've ever received and how has it impacted your life?
Once again, this would come from my Mom. When you say you are sorry to someone, are you sorry you did it or are you sorry you got caught? If you are sorry you did it, you will try not to do it again...but if you are sorry you got caught you will just get sneaker. Mom had all kinds of little nuggets like that. I was a young teenager when Mom told me that. But for the rest of my life I would ask myself that before I said those words to anyone. I think it was a cornerstone of me learning to put myself in someone else's shoes and really try to not to do things again.

So for my three questions:
1. What is one sport you wish you could enjoy, but just cant seem to get into it?
2. If you could live anywhere else besides where you do right now, where would it be and why?
3. Obviously you are in the VHL, but how many sim leagues are you in? What do you get out of them?

8 hours ago, Otis Boudreaux Jr said:

So for my three questions:
1. What is one sport you wish you could enjoy, but just cant seem to get into it?
2. If you could live anywhere else besides where you do right now, where would it be and why?
3. Obviously you are in the VHL, but how many sim leagues are you in? What do you get out of them?

1. I enjoy most sports but one that people seem to be into that I just can't get into is soccer. 

2. I would live in BC, probably up north or maybe Vancouver Island.

3. Just have time for one right now, I enjoy following my player and teams stats and the occasional interaction with teammates has been fun also. I get enjoyment out of those aspects. 

----

Questions:

1. Is your player still playing in the playoffs, if so how are you doing and if not how was your season's performance? 

2. In the NHL the western conference seems wide open, who's your 2 picks to make the western conference finals? 

3. What are your 3 favorite meals? 

8 hours ago, Otis Boudreaux Jr said:

F1 but really american racing like nascar is something I just don't vibe with but it's super cool.

Pennsylvania, Sheetz, need I say more.

Maybe like 3, they really just fill my time and were a good crutch for when I was younger and left home and couldn't be with my friends.

Even with the currently dominant bruins, who do you think will win the cup?

What's the one thing you look for in a sporting good store whether you are buying or browsing?

What is your most prized possession?

1. The Sens are gonna make the playoffs and then win the cup

2. I need a new compression turtleneck

3. My wedding ring.

Questions

1. Are the Seattle Bears gonna pull off the mighty comeback over the mid Wranglers?

2. Who is your shout for VHL Playoff MVP?

3. If you could live in one historical period, what would it be?

1) No, I don't think so although they are definitely making it entertaining

2) I really like Dusty Wilson from Seattle

3) Part of me would like to go back to prehistory because I love dinosaurs but if we're looking at other times I can't decide between Ancient Times (maybe out in Rome or Egypt) or stick it out in modern times and the Victorian era. I'd love the Middle Ages but it looked brutal.

Questions

1) If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
2) What's the longest you've gone without sleep (and why)?

3) Who was your first celebrity crush?

10 minutes ago, nerji said:

1) No, I don't think so although they are definitely making it entertaining

2) I really like Dusty Wilson from Seattle

3) Part of me would like to go back to prehistory because I love dinosaurs but if we're looking at other times I can't decide between Ancient Times (maybe out in Rome or Egypt) or stick it out in modern times and the Victorian era. I'd love the Middle Ages but it looked brutal.

Questions

1) If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
2) What's the longest you've gone without sleep (and why)?

3) Who was your first celebrity crush?

1) I would choose teleportation; to be used to see the world.

2) 48 hours; stayed up to catch an early flight, didn't sleep on the plane, when I got back home I went out and partied with some friends until the next morning.

3) It was probably Emma Watson after watching Harry Potter.

Questions

1) Who is your favorite athlete outside of hockey?

2) What is your best memory involving food?

3) If you could do anything for work, money aside, what would you do?