Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

23 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

New questions:

1) What was the first motor vehicle that you owned? If you haven't owned one, what would be your dream car?

2) Who is your favourite TV character of all time?

3) If you won a $50 million jackpot, what is the first thing that you would do with it?

1. A hand-me-down 2003 Hyundai Elantra. I'll say though that thing last like 160k miles and like 15 years, not bad for what's supposed to be a crappy car.

2. I have a friend doing an Avatar the Last Airbender watch for the first time and texting me about it, so I've got Zuko at the top of my mind. But his character progression is insane.

3. Nothing! Lawyering up first baby - I want this thing to last me forever, and do it legally. Boring sure, but I'd rather be boring than flame out.

Questions:

1. If you could add an extra holiday to the year that gives you a day off work/school, what month would you place it in?

2. What's a type of pet that you've never had but would love to try caring for?

3. If you could pick a new goal song for your favorite NHL team, what would you pick?

17 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

1. A hand-me-down 2003 Hyundai Elantra. I'll say though that thing last like 160k miles and like 15 years, not bad for what's supposed to be a crappy car.

2. I have a friend doing an Avatar the Last Airbender watch for the first time and texting me about it, so I've got Zuko at the top of my mind. But his character progression is insane.

3. Nothing! Lawyering up first baby - I want this thing to last me forever, and do it legally. Boring sure, but I'd rather be boring than flame out.

Questions:

1. If you could add an extra holiday to the year that gives you a day off work/school, what month would you place it in?

2. What's a type of pet that you've never had but would love to try caring for?

3. If you could pick a new goal song for your favorite NHL team, what would you pick?

Answers:

1. I think August would be good. Here in the states we've got July 4th, and I feel like something extra in August would be nice for summer vacations.

2. A capybara. They're so weird. 

3. The Capitals used to play Unleash the Fury by Darkest Hour. That shit was sick

Q's:

1. IF you could move anywhere in the world, where would you move and why?

2. What's one hobby you wish you could be a master of?

3. You find $1 million in a chest. What do you do with it?

I don't know never really thought about it, haven't traveled the world at all, yet :P

Playing hockey, so I could play pro. That would be a hell of a dream, even just NHL 1 game.

keep it, finders keepers bud

1. What's your favorite beer? 

2. What team is looking the best in the NHL?

3. Who's surprising you in the VHL this season? 

1 - I don't drink alcohol so I will say Root

2 - I actively dislike 80% of the teams that are in the playoffs so I don't really care.

3 - Nobody. I don't look at standings. 

Q1 - good weekend?

Q2 - how is your player's performance matching up with your expectations?

Q3 - we're getting takeout Indian for dinner. What's your favorite takeout?

39 minutes ago, der meister said:

Q1 - good weekend?

Q2 - how is your player's performance matching up with your expectations?

Q3 - we're getting takeout Indian for dinner. What's your favorite takeout?

1. Yeah, it was pretty good. I saw a bunch of friends who I don't see too often anymore. I didn't get anything productive done, though, so that doesn't feel great, and I won't really have the time to do so today.

2. A little below what I was hoping for, but it's about what I was expecting for a true rookie. I was particularly expecting some more goals, but having what was a league-worst shot percentage for a while didn't help in that regard.

3. I guess Chipotle. I don't eat much takeout.

1. Do you think the the number of playoff teams in any of the leagues should be reduced?

2. Who is your pick for MVP (in any of the leagues) to this point in the season?

3. If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would you pick?

4 hours ago, scoop said:

1. Do you think the the number of playoff teams in any of the leagues should be reduced?

Not really. I used to think the M let in way too many teams (not sure what the size of the league was at the time), but someone said it made sense because it let more new players experience less downtime and I don't disagree with that.

4 hours ago, scoop said:

2. Who is your pick for MVP (in any of the leagues) to this point in the season?

I was actually going to write a "my mid-season award picks" article before I realized that I don't have time for that. And the coming week is theme week, so oh well.

Jake Thunder looks great so far--5th in points while playing defense and leads Davos in points (and by a lot). The main obstacle will probably be voters of the "most goals = best player every time always" mindset, which keeps defense down in general, but I think it's realistic that we could see it.

4 hours ago, scoop said:

3. If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would you pick?

I think I'll go with Phish. It's a really tough choice and I don't think I have a single "favorite" band, but I'm into a lot of jam bands and the really nice thing about that is that there's a ton of live material out there--and every show is different. So I think I could handle "only one musical artist" better than lots of others.

1. Is your favorite NHL team in the playoffs? If so--how are they doing? If not--how long until they're in it?

2. What's the weirdest thing you've done for money?

3. What's a current VHL player (not yours) that you respect and why?

1. Is your favorite NHL team in the playoffs? If so--how are they doing? If not--how long until they're in it?

2. What's the weirdest thing you've done for money?

3. What's a current VHL player (not yours) that you respect and why?

1. no they are not, probably in a year or two 

2. I have not done anything for money but I’m sure I will 

3.  Daniel Janser his is a future Calgary hall of famed 

Questions

Q1) what is your favourite movie?

Q2) would you go back to school or be 30 years older? 

Q3) would you rather be outside for 10 years or inside for 10 years? 

1) Repriese by Joachim Trier

2) I guess I'd give life another go ahead

3) Inside for 10 years

1) Would you rather be a pro basketball or a pro football player?

2) What's the most interesting journey you've ever been on

3) Are you watching any of the Stanley Cup Playoffs? Who is going to hoist the cup?

6 hours ago, Bojovnik said:

1) Repriese by Joachim Trier

2) I guess I'd give life another go ahead

3) Inside for 10 years

1) Would you rather be a pro basketball or a pro football player?

2) What's the most interesting journey you've ever been on

3) Are you watching any of the Stanley Cup Playoffs? Who is going to hoist the cup?

1. Basketball I think. Lower risk of concussion.

2. I went to the Grand Canyon with my girlfriend and lord that was amazing.

3. I am watching, and I really think it'll come to a Boston and Edmonton Final, with Boston outlasting in a game 7.

1. Favorite meal to cook when guests come over?

2. What was the closest to a paranormal event you've ever experienced?

3. You have to get a face tattoo. What are you getting?

On 4/20/2023 at 3:25 PM, dstevensonjr said:

1) What was the first motor vehicle that you owned? If you haven't owned one, what would be your dream car?

2) Who is your favourite TV character of all time?

3) If you won a $50 million jackpot, what is the first thing that you would do with it?

1. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 and I love this truck so unbelievably much. I also live in more of a country side so it's not a huge surprise I'm a big fan of trucks. I have always wanted a jeep though (I know, kind of fruity) I've just always wanted one

2. I've been on a binge of every single family guy episode the past while, so right now I would say Stewie Griffin

3. First I'd prob buy my parents their dream home in Mexico. I'd get some stuff for my brothers but not so much I'd already be almost out of money. Then as other people have said, I'd lawyer up. I want this money to last and not just lose control and spend it all in a short span

New Questions:

1. If you could trade places with someone for a day, who would it be and why?

2. What was the best gift you ever received?

3. If you could star in any movie, what would it be?

I'd switch with Andrei Vasilevskiy and eat junk food and grease right before game 6 to give the leafs an edge in the next game. Is that okay?

When I was young my family gave us a trip to Florida, that was a lot of fun. 

I like horror movies, and I would love to play in a saw movie, I would obviously be the star though. 

1. What's more important to you in the VHL, collecting the personal awards or getting the Continental Cup?

2. What play style is your player, and how does your role complement your line/team? 

3. how is your favorite, and most disliked players in the VHL? 

20 hours ago, MetalToday said:

I'd switch with Andrei Vasilevskiy and eat junk food and grease right before game 6 to give the leafs an edge in the next game. Is that okay?

When I was young my family gave us a trip to Florida, that was a lot of fun. 

I like horror movies, and I would love to play in a saw movie, I would obviously be the star though. 

1. What's more important to you in the VHL, collecting the personal awards or getting the Continental Cup?

2. What play style is your player, and how does your role complement your line/team? 

3. how is your favorite, and most disliked players in the VHL? 

1. Continental cup for sure! Nothing matters if you can’t celebrate a win with your friends.

2. A dog on a leash! He may not always put up the big numbers but his effort is never in question ever! 

3. Favourite is Daryl Dixon.

questions: 

1. Who are you cheering for in the NHL playoffs? 

2. Have you ever been to a professional sports game if so which ones? 

3. Ideal breakfast meal?

questions: 

1. Who are you cheering for in the NHL playoffs? 

The Boston bruins but if they lose tomorrow I won't watch any other games till October. # boycott

2. Have you ever been to a professional sports game if so which ones? 

Leafs bruins like 7 or 8 times . Including playoffs 

3. Ideal breakfast meal?

Eggs Benny and home fries

1. Are you a die hard nhl fan ? 

2. How is your vhl,vhle or vhlm team doing this season ? 

3. You win a lottery draw and are offered 2 options. 

Would you rather 1 million dollars today or  receive $100k once a year for 20 years ? 

1. Are you a die hard nhl fan ? 

I am not, i really haven't watched many games in the past couple seasons.

2. How is your vhl,vhle or vhlm team doing this season ? 

Started out strong, but has been middling of late.

3. You win a lottery draw and are offered 2 options. 

Would you rather 1 million dollars today or  receive $100k once a year for 20 years ? 

I would probably take the $100k once a year, if nothing else it would be harder to just waste it all.

1. The Bruins had an incredible season and are out of the playoffs early.  Are they the Moscow of the NHL?

2. Sometimes you hear stories about celebrities having silly demands for stuff waiting for them when they are performing somewhere.  For example Van Halen requested M&Ms but no brown M&Ms.  What would your players ridiculous/silly request be?

3. If your player could have a custom goal horn sound for when they scored, what would it be?

11 minutes ago, Garsh said:

1. The Bruins had an incredible season and are out of the playoffs early.  Are they the Moscow of the NHL?

2. Sometimes you hear stories about celebrities having silly demands for stuff waiting for them when they are performing somewhere.  For example Van Halen requested M&Ms but no brown M&Ms.  What would your players ridiculous/silly request be?

3. If your player could have a custom goal horn sound for when they scored, what would it be?

1. As a Warsaw player anytime Moscow loses it brings me joy, so I will say yes they are but I think Boston was better than any Moscow team.  

2. My players ridiculous request would be to eat reese's peanut butter cups on the bench between shifts

3. My goal horn sound would be an elephant trumpeting 

Questions: 

1. What are your thoughts on the Leafs winning a playoff series? 

2. What are your predictions for round two of NHL playoffs?

3. When sitting, do you prefer a Couch or Recliner? 

Edited by Girts

1. What are your thoughts on the Leafs winning a playoff series? 

Its awesome, feels sooo good. It finally happened. You knew how I would answer with my player name though.

2. What are your predictions for round two of NHL playoffs?

I say Hurricanes, Seattle, Toronto (But Panthers are looking good), and Vegas (but geez I love Oilers too)

3. When sitting, do you prefer a Couch or Recliner? 

Recliner, feet up and chill.

1. Who has been your favorite GM through your VHL experience. 

2. How shocked were you in the NHL first round upsets and what were the biggest surprises to you? 

3. Where do you really want to visit for a vacation? 

1. Who has been your favorite GM through your VHL experience?

I've had a lot of good ones, honestly. Going way back, going to give Eagles a shout-out for those 40s Calgary teams. They were cobbled together out of nothing, and he made them fun.

2. How shocked were you in the NHL first round upsets and what were the biggest surprises to you? 

I mean, Boston being bounced was simultaneously shocking but also hilarious. Wouldn't have minded seeing the Wild go further either, but that's not much of an upset.

A Mediterranean trip is on the bucket list - would love to get to some combo of Italy/Greece sometime soon.

Questions:

1. Which VHL/VHLE/VHLM race are you watching most closely the rest of the season?

2. Does a Canadian team win the Stanley Cup this year? If not, how long before one does?

3. What's a pet that you've never had but would love to try?

28 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

1. Who has been your favorite GM through your VHL experience?

I've had a lot of good ones, honestly. Going way back, going to give Eagles a shout-out for those 40s Calgary teams. They were cobbled together out of nothing, and he made them fun.

I mean, Boston being bounced was simultaneously shocking but also hilarious. Wouldn't have minded seeing the Wild go further either, but that's not much of an upset.

A Mediterranean trip is on the bucket list - would love to get to some combo of Italy/Greece sometime soon.

Questions:

1. Which VHL/VHLE/VHLM race are you watching most closely the rest of the season?

2. Does a Canadian team win the Stanley Cup this year? If not, how long before one does?

3. What's a pet that you've never had but would love to try?

1. Gotta be Seattle, baby

2. No, but they make the finals. I'm thinking Edmonton

3. I'd love an iguana.

Questions:

1. What's the song you want played at your funeral?

2. If you had one celebrity to spend the rest of your life with, who is it?

3. Name three cities you'd live in other than the one you currently do.

1 - Shiny Happy People? Adagio for strings? 

2 - Maybe Felicia Day because she's a big nerd

3 - Edinburgh Scotland, Cork Ireland, and maybe somewhere in Austria. I'm not much a city guy though, so I'll consider the suburbs of these places. 

1 - what did you have for lunch?

2 - any weekend plans?

3 - who meets in the Stanley Cup Final?

On 4/22/2023 at 9:22 AM, DoktorFunk said:

Doing these cause I want TPE lol

1. Probably Australia, one of the places I have always been dying to visit and I love kangaroos. Just seems like such a nice place to live in. Except for the massive spiders and insects

2. Cooking. I love to cook but I wish I knew how to cook more than I do now. I'm still growing so I'm hungry a lot. Plus I love to make food for my family and see how they find it

3. Keeping it of course. I'd prob give some to my parents and maybe some to my brothers if they're nice to me. Save a lot of it for emergency needs but wouldn't hesitate to spend some on some nice things as well.

Questions: 

1. What was your dream job as a child? Has it changed or is it still the same

2. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

3. What was the best/worst gift you've ever gotten?

1. What was your dream job as a child? Has it changed or is it still the same

2. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

3. What was the best/worst gift you've ever gotten?

1. it is doctor and it has never changed I have always wanted to become a doctor.

2. It would be mashed potatoes with a Caesar salad and chicken.

3. The best five I have ever gotten was a PS4 from my parents. 

Questions

Q1) favourite tv show as a kid?

Q2) Would you rather pina coladas or any pop for the rest of your life?

Q3) If you could choose what age you are right now what would it be? 

Q1) favourite tv show as a kid?

Hmm, Ive always loved Astrid Lindgren-tales. Pippi Longstocking and those. 

Q2) Would you rather pina coladas or any pop for the rest of your life?

Pina Coladas

Q3) If you could choose what age you are right now what would it be?

Probably 25, Would love to be a little younger with the kids :)

Questions

1.Do you have a nickname IRL or here?

2. Who's your favorite person right now?

3.What do you know about Sweden? (If you are Swedish, What do you know about USA)

1.Do you have a nickname IRL or here?
I actually dont have any

2. Who's your favorite person right now?
thats hard to answer, i would say family as a group, not a specific person

3.What do you know about Sweden? (If you are Swedish, What do you know about USA)
Well i know few things, they are good in hockey, have nice blonde girls too, and so on :D

Questions:
1. Who do you think will win VHL playoffs this season and why?
2.Who do you think will win NHL playoffs and why?
3. Who will win the upcoming World Championship and why?

Questions:
1. Who do you think will win VHL playoffs this season and why?

Oh damn, that would mean I need to know who is doing well...better check the standings. Lets go with Prague. Beautiful city as well...so yea...Phantoms all the way! I cant really say why beyond they are leading the league in points. I think the final will come down to Prague and Seattle. Chicago could sneak in, but they would have to peak at the right time to beat Seattle.
2.Who do you think will win NHL playoffs and why?

Not really a NHL fan, but I have been watching the Hurricanes...so yea...go with the home-state team. I know they are not the popular pick, but they seem to be a goal-scoring machine. They are so smooth with the ice....and the ability to move the puck at will down the ice. Yea, it is impressive.
3. Who will win the upcoming World Championship and why?
Can I claim complete ignorance? I am from Ireland (ok, my player is) so whatever team those players are on. As they say in Harry Potter..."Here come the Irish!"

Questions:
1. Favorite sport? To watch? Participate in?

2. If you could binge-watch one show, what is it? Why?

3. If you could spend one day with anyone from history, who and why?

1. Favorite sport? To watch? Participate in?

Hockey both to watch and participate in even though I’m dogshit at it 

2. If you could binge-watch one show, what is it? Why?

The League, very easy show to binge watch and always has me laughing 

3. If you could spend one day with anyone from history, who and why?

Tough question, would be cool to spend it with someone who had a large impact on our history with a brilliant mind, but also be cool to spend it with one of your ancestors to see if any of your traits came from them 

1. If you could create a slang word that everyone uses daily, what would the word be and mean?

2. How many chicken wings do you think you could physically eat in one sitting?

3. What’s the number for 9-1–1?