Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

17 hours ago, Kaldolmar said:

Questions:

1) Have you played a sport in real life? If yes, what sport?
2) How many poles are there in a furlong? (Imperial measuring units)
3) Who is your favourite non-NHL hockeyplayer?

1) Yes I have! I played hockey from grade school all the way to high school. I also still play for fun during the summer when I'm not at college.

2) There are 40 poles in a furlong (I had to look this up as I have no clue what this is).

3) My favorite non-NHL hockey player would probably have to be Messi or Ronaldo.

Questions:

1) If you could become the GM for any NHL team, which team would you choose and why?

2) Who do you think is going to win the cup this year (VHL)?

3) Pineapples on Pizza, yes or no?

1) Hmm, I would avoid my favourite team probably (Leafs) and might go with a team like Ottawa or something.

2) Hmm, I don't honestly know. Lets go with Seattle.

3) Yes. I know some people think it's terrible but I like having a bit of something sweet on my pizza!

Questions:

1) Can Florida come back and win the cup in the NHL?

2) Who is your early cup favourite for next NHL season?

3) Will Matthews sign a contract with Toronto or be traded?

On 6/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, nerji said:

1) Hmm, I would avoid my favourite team probably (Leafs) and might go with a team like Ottawa or something.

2) Hmm, I don't honestly know. Lets go with Seattle.

3) Yes. I know some people think it's terrible but I like having a bit of something sweet on my pizza!

Questions:

1) Can Florida come back and win the cup in the NHL?

2) Who is your early cup favourite for next NHL season?

3) Will Matthews sign a contract with Toronto or be traded?

1. i think so panthers are a great team and also fuck vegas

2. listen im a habs fan soo yknow gotta be positive even though im delusional but hope is hope

3. Toronto is almost 100% sighing him matthew is a key part for the leafs marner isnt gonna carry them when he can barely carry the puck so

1Q which teams do you think will make the playoffs and who wont? (name like your top 4 not the full 16)

2Q okay so when you go to subway do you just put the minimal amount of vegetables or the max? 

3Q Fav basketball team? and you can name tons of teams me personally im a bucks orlando spurs fan  

2 hours ago, comrade cat said:

1. i think so panthers are a great team and also fuck vegas

2. listen im a habs fan soo yknow gotta be positive even though im delusional but hope is hope

3. Toronto is almost 100% sighing him matthew is a key part for the leafs marner isnt gonna carry them when he can barely carry the puck so

1Q which teams do you think will make the playoffs and who wont? (name like your top 4 not the full 16)

2Q okay so when you go to subway do you just put the minimal amount of vegetables or the max? 

3Q Fav basketball team? and you can name tons of teams me personally im a bucks orlando spurs fan  

1) I'm thinking Seattle (I'm guessing what happened in the Finals has made them want to win that much more), Davos, Calgary, and I'll throw in a bit of a curveball with Riga doing well next season.

2) I put in the minimum amount of vegetables. I'm satisfied with my lettuce and olives.

3) I'm personally a Raptors fan but I cheered for the Kings and Lakers in the playoffs just to spite Warriors fan. Hoping my boys in Toronto can rally around Scottie.

1) Which team do you think has the coolest designed logo in the VHL, VHLM, or VHLE? You can name multiple if you wish.

2) What is your players jersey number and what is the story behind it?

3) Congratulations! The VHLM is letting YOU decide what its next franchise is. What would the team name be and where would the team be located?

2 hours ago, SlapshotBear said:

1) Which team do you think has the coolest designed logo in the VHL, VHLM, or VHLE? You can name multiple if you wish.

2) What is your players jersey number and what is the story behind it?

3) Congratulations! The VHLM is letting YOU decide what its next franchise is. What would the team name be and where would the team be located?

1. There's a lot of good ones but I really like the look of the DC Dragons, Malmo Nighthawks, Riga Reign, Warsaw Predators and Helsinki Titan is a classic. 

2. #13 because it's Galvins number on the Latvia national team

3. The next VHLM franchise will be the Yellow Knife Yeti's

Questions: 

1. Who is your pick for NHL Conn smythe? 

2. How many goals Connor Bedard will have as a rookie? 

3. What's your favorite part about the VHL? 

1. I think it can be Marchessault, or Tkachuk, i think it will depend on who will win the cup.
2. Hmm my Guess is 13.
3. Watch my player in VHL games. 

Questions:
1. Whats your favourite thing about summer and winter?
2. What sport will you follow during NHL break?
3. New VHL season will start soon, who do you think will have the strongest and who will have the weakest team?

1. My favourite thing is being able to wear less clothes, like shorts. I hate wearing lots of clothing. The best thing about winter is the snow is pretty and I don't have to see stupid bugs everywhere that fly into you all the time.
2. Probably baseball but only a little bit
3. I think the Moscow Menace will do well but probably Seattle Bears will be the best. As for worst? I am not sure, maybe D.C. Dragons

Questions:
1) Do you think they will eventually strip fighting out of the NHL?
2) With how Seattle and Vegas have done in the NHL, do you favour the new expansion process or the old one where teams like San Jose had to join with?
3) If you watch baseball, who is going to win the AL East?

6 hours ago, nerji said:

1. My favourite thing is being able to wear less clothes, like shorts. I hate wearing lots of clothing. The best thing about winter is the snow is pretty and I don't have to see stupid bugs everywhere that fly into you all the time.
2. Probably baseball but only a little bit
3. I think the Moscow Menace will do well but probably Seattle Bears will be the best. As for worst? I am not sure, maybe D.C. Dragons

Questions:
1) Do you think they will eventually strip fighting out of the NHL?
2) With how Seattle and Vegas have done in the NHL, do you favour the new expansion process or the old one where teams like San Jose had to join with?
3) If you watch baseball, who is going to win the AL East?

1. fighting is a key part of hockey it a violent sport so it has to be heated it gives the fans fun to watch a rivarly take place so i feel like they shouldnt and never should.

2. i say we should wait we already have seattle we dont want to streach talent too far then all teams will be shit

3. umm i think that means atlantic so i guess toronto?

1Q next nba champion? 

2Q who are your favorite vhl teams?

3Q if you have eaten poutine do you like it with curds or no?

1Q next nba champion? 

2Q who are your favorite vhl teams?

3Q if you have eaten poutine do you like it with curds or no?

1. I think that golden state or the lakers because they are really good

2. to be honest I don’t have a favourite team I think they are all cool.

3. yes I would they are so good and it wouldn’t be a poutine without them.

Questions

Q1) what is your favourite part of your life right now?

Q2) what is your favourite number?

Q3) what is your favourite baseball team?

3 hours ago, Sawyer13 said:

Q1) what is your favourite part of your life right now?

After spending years trying to learn and trying to like it, I'm finally doing science and liking it. I'm doing things that are worthwhile and I hope they'll make a difference.

Q2) what is your favourite number?

I think I'll go with 24 because it was my little league football number. Also--a surprisingly high number of things come in 24s.

Q3) what is your favourite baseball team?

I'm trying to like the Reds right now. I like baseball but didn't have a team growing up; moved last year and they're the closest team to me by a little bit. I watch games occasionally and mostly in the background, but that's more games than I watch for anyone else.

1. Who's your favorite athlete that has never played for a team you like?

2. If you could guarantee that you could make money with anything, what would you do for a living?

3. Give any one person in the VHL a nickname and explain its meaning.

4 hours ago, Gustav said:

1. Who's your favorite athlete that has never played for a team you like?

2. If you could guarantee that you could make money with anything, what would you do for a living?

3. Give any one person in the VHL a nickname and explain its meaning.

1. CJ McCollum: Kinda randomly started being a fan of his from playing a basketball mobile game, but yeah.

2. Good question. Preach or play basketball.

3. Jh8 is now Bud. Bud is a generic nickname. It has zero meaning. It is somewhat of a put down. Hatty is one of the few members I can think of off the top of my head.

1. If your player was chess rated, what rating would they have?

2. What are you focused on improving over the next few update weeks?

3. What are your chances of winning a title this season?

On 6/13/2023 at 7:35 AM, Psanchez55 said:

1. CJ McCollum: Kinda randomly started being a fan of his from playing a basketball mobile game, but yeah.

2. Good question. Preach or play basketball.

3. Jh8 is now Bud. Bud is a generic nickname. It has zero meaning. It is somewhat of a put down. Hatty is one of the few members I can think of off the top of my head.

1. If your player was chess rated, what rating would they have?

2. What are you focused on improving over the next few update weeks?

3. What are your chances of winning a title this season?

A1: He'd probably be on level pigeon - he'd throw all the chess pieces around and take a dump on the chessboard. He's not a great thinker, I think he would get bored soon and just started doing random moves until the match is over.

A2: I'm currently building up my DF (via BC) to 85, my short-ish term plan is to get DF, SK and PH to 86.

A3: Spartan is back, Frank has brought in the Payne, it's already pretty much decided we're winning it. Hold my beer.

--------------------------------------

Q1: So, the Yellow Jesters or-what-ever-their-name-is are the Stanley Cup champions. Do you have any particular feelings about them winning, and how did your team(s) do?

(also, please tell me what are your thoughts on salary cap not being a thing in the playoffs, if you want to share)

Q2: Quite a few personnel changes happened throughout the leagues this offseason. Did any of them surprise you? Have you applied for an opening? What would be a job opening you'd be the most excited to apply for?

Q3: Which country do you think will be the most dominant in VHL in 10-15 seasons? Have you thought about embracing the Prestige that comes from joining Team Greenland with your next player? j̶͕͠ő̵̩i̴̪͝n̴͈̔ ̶͕͋ǘ̴̲s̵̜̓ ̴̧̍j̴̭̿o̵̗͠ỉ̷̫n̵̳͠ ̷̹̓u̷͉̍s̸̛̬ ̷̻̽j̶͓̑o̷͔̾ị̷̆n̸͓͗ ̴̠͑u̸͕͋s̷̬̓ ̵͎̀j̴̫̅ö̵̹́ì̸̙ń̶̫ ̶̣̓ǘ̷̩s̴̟̋ ̷͓͛j̸̬̀o̵̬͂i̷̼͘n̷̫͐ ̸̠̔ú̷͜s̷̀͜ ̶͍͠j̴̘̎o̶͎̓î̶ͅṋ̶̕ ̷̼̽u̷̥͒ṡ̶͜ ̴̜͘j̶̧̄ò̷̺ĭ̴̡n̵̰̆ ̵͚̒u̷͉͂s̵͕͆ ̶͈́j̶̦͑o̸̦͛ȉ̷͔n̷͖̅ ̵̰́ȕ̴͓s̸̠͊ ̶̝͛j̵̼̑ơ̷̥ĭ̵͎ṇ̵̄ ̸̤̂ủ̴̢s̴̞͌ ̴̭̈́j̶̇ͅó̴̭ȋ̴̦n̸̼͘ ̶̡̿ũ̶͖s̷̢̕

Q1: So, the Yellow Jesters or-what-ever-their-name-is are the Stanley Cup champions. Do you have any particular feelings about them winning, and how did your team(s) do?

(also, please tell me what are your thoughts on salary cap not being a thing in the playoffs, if you want to share)

A: I think it is cool that a new team won it. They have done a lot of moves to get there. Good for the sport that a team like Vegas won. About the salary cap, I think it would be better if they were super strict about it, gives the farm players more chances to shine if teams are forced to used them more instead of going around the cap with top guys. I do not follow any team that closely.

Q2: Quite a few personnel changes happened throughout the leagues this offseason. Did any of them surprise you? Have you applied for an opening? What would be a job opening you'd be the most excited to apply for?

A: I would like to be a moderator, but I would be bad at the job - I would ban only the people I do not like. Otherwise, I just came back after a little break, not checked the off-season moves out yet in much detail.

Q3: Which country do you think will be the most dominant in VHL in 10-15 seasons? Have you thought about embracing the Prestige that comes from joining Team Greenland with your next player? j̶͕͠ő̵̩i̴̪͝n̴͈̔ ̶͕͋ǘ̴̲s̵̜̓ ̴̧̍j̴̭̿o̵̗͠ỉ̷̫n̵̳͠ ̷̹̓u̷͉̍s̸̛̬ ̷̻̽j̶͓̑o̷͔̾ị̷̆n̸͓͗ ̴̠͑u̸͕͋s̷̬̓ ̵͎̀j̴̫̅ö̵̹́ì̸̙ń̶̫ ̶̣̓ǘ̷̩s̴̟̋ ̷͓͛j̸̬̀o̵̬͂i̷̼͘n̷̫͐ ̸̠̔ú̷͜s̷̀͜ ̶͍͠j̴̘̎o̶͎̓î̶ͅṋ̶̕ ̷̼̽u̷̥͒ṡ̶͜ ̴̜͘j̶̧̄ò̷̺ĭ̴̡n̵̰̆ ̵͚̒u̷͉͂s̵͕͆ ̶͈́j̶̦͑o̸̦͛ȉ̷͔n̷͖̅ ̵̰́ȕ̴͓s̸̠͊ ̶̝͛j̵̼̑ơ̷̥ĭ̵͎ṇ̵̄ ̸̤̂ủ̴̢s̴̞͌ ̴̭̈́j̶̇ͅó̴̭ȋ̴̦n̸̼͘ ̶̡̿ũ̶͖s̷̢̕

A:  Finland of course!! But I might be interested in testing different waters in the future.

----

Q1: Have you followed the "delete the e " - thread, any thoughts on whether the league should be deleted?

Q2: Should VHL allow users to use money more to get better? For example with hard cash you could purchase a boost that gives 99 in one attribute for a year?

Q3: What type of player were you planning on building when you created your player? Are you still going with the same idea?

Edited by jRuutu

On 6/16/2023 at 12:54 PM, jRuutu said:

Q1: Have you followed the "delete the e " - thread, any thoughts on whether the league should be deleted?

Q2: Should VHL allow users to use money more to get better? For example with hard cash you could purchase a boost that gives 99 in one attribute for a year?

Q3: What type of player were you planning on building when you created your player? Are you still going with the same idea?

1. Yes, I've seen the discussion. I don't think that it should be deleted, I think that the 3 tier system is the best for development. After being drafted by Bratislava this year, I have enjoyed being a part of the locker room, and I hope that more people can find a good experience to make the E a place that people want to play in on the way to the VHL.

2. No, I think that making the league pay to play in terms of ability boosts is dangerous, and I don't think that's what the spirit of the league should be.

3. I was planning on building a physical scoring winger when I first started, and I've shifted my focus away from the checking aspect as I've gone on. I think that the physicality will likely come when there's more TPE to play with, but right now I noticed that putting any development into the checking attribute was coming at the cost of attributes that were more valuable to the team.

------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Have you been pleased with the start to your season after the first 3 sims from a player perspective? How is your team doing?

2. Will you be paying attention to the NHL draft coming in just 9 days?

3. Do you do any gaming (PC, Console, or otherwise)? If so, what are you playing the most currently?

10 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

1. Have you been pleased with the start to your season after the first 3 sims from a player perspective? How is your team doing?

2. Will you be paying attention to the NHL draft coming in just 9 days?

3. Do you do any gaming (PC, Console, or otherwise)? If so, what are you playing the most currently?

1. Honestly, I’m not sure what the explanations for SSK were. We have had some decent wins, and tough losses. It’s been a solid start for Leblanc. He’s at 6 points through 6? 8? Games. 
2. No

3. I play the ancient game of Backyard Baseball 2003. Im with a group who have done some really neat things with modding and figuring out the programming behind the game. 
— — — — — — —

1. Who has most impacted you during your time as a VHLer?

2. What is your favorite part about being in the league?

3. If your current team could add any one player to the roster, who would you choose?

On 6/20/2023 at 12:46 AM, Psanchez55 said:

1. Honestly, I’m not sure what the explanations for SSK were. We have had some decent wins, and tough losses. It’s been a solid start for Leblanc. He’s at 6 points through 6? 8? Games. 
2. No

3. I play the ancient game of Backyard Baseball 2003. Im with a group who have done some really neat things with modding and figuring out the programming behind the game. 
— — — — — — —

1. Who has most impacted you during your time as a VHLer?

2. What is your favorite part about being in the league?

3. If your current team could add any one player to the roster, who would you choose?

1. As me the person - @Jericho @Devise are two of my closest friends.  They were in my wedding party and both mean a great deal to me.

As Jensen - Probably @AJW who was a great mentor in Houston and helped a lot with the transition through the minors.  

2. I enjoy the camaraderie with other similar minded individuals and keeps the mind kinda busy even when life can be boring. 

3. I would probably choose @twists Eric Queefson.  Dude went toe to toe with me in the draft rankings and will be a special kind of Defenceman going forward. 

—-

1. What is your players spirit animal and why?

2. Magically you are dropped onto an expansion team and can take any single player or prospect in the league to start your team with….who ya takin?

3. What is one team that you would rebrand if you had the chance to? (From any of the 3 leagues)

2. Magically you are dropped onto an expansion team and can take any single player or prospect in the league to start your team with….who ya takin?

3. What is one team that you would rebrand if you had the chance to? (From any of the 3 leagues)

1. My players spirit animal would probably be a snake because of how slippery he is on the ice.

2. I don’t know because everyone is very good so that would be a very tough one.

3. I would love to be on the Calgary wranglers because there team is very good.

Questions

Q1) What is you dream haircut?

Q2) If you had to choose one job for the rest of your life what would it be?

Q3) Would you rather a dog or a cat?

On 6/10/2023 at 12:04 PM, badcolethetitan said:

1) Yes I have! I played hockey from grade school all the way to high school. I also still play for fun during the summer when I'm not at college.

2) There are 40 poles in a furlong (I had to look this up as I have no clue what this is).

3) My favorite non-NHL hockey player would probably have to be Messi or Ronaldo.

Questions:

1) If you could become the GM for any NHL team, which team would you choose and why?

The Boston bruins.  My favorite team and they have a lot of work to do.  

2) Who do you think is going to win the cup this year (VHL)?

The helsinki titans.  The sneak attack is coming 

3) Pineapples on Pizza, yes or no?  10000% NO NO NO 

1. Would you rather drive or fly to your destination? 

2. What is the worst injury you've ever suffered ? 

3. Who has the most unique player in the VHL? 

On 6/23/2023 at 11:52 AM, Sawyer13 said:

1. My players spirit animal would probably be a snake because of how slippery he is on the ice.

2. I don’t know because everyone is very good so that would be a very tough one.

3. I would love to be on the Calgary wranglers because there team is very good.

Questions

Q1) What is you dream haircut?

Q2) If you had to choose one job for the rest of your life what would it be?

Q3) Would you rather a dog or a cat?

1. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with the haircut I have currently. 2 guard on the sides, slight trim on top. Works with my head shape and it's easily managed.

2. Bartending, it's just the adult version of what I do currently. Night shift is GOATed, and hospo is a solid industry for how I like to live.

3. Cat. I like just doing my own thing, and I think that cats get to do that a lot more than dogs do.

QUESTIONS

1. What VHL/E/M team would you say you're kind of a die-hard fan for?

2. Which player in the VHL/E/M, other than your own, do you enjoy stat-tracking if any?

3. What are you predictions for the upcoming NHL season?

1 hour ago, jfaly said:

QUESTIONS

1. What VHL/E/M team would you say you're kind of a die-hard fan for?

2. Which player in the VHL/E/M, other than your own, do you enjoy stat-tracking if any?

3. What are you predictions for the upcoming NHL season?

1 - I've played for too many teams to have any favorites

2 - not applicable

3 - Buffalo finally makes the playoffs

Q1 - What's your favorite movie that's an adaptation of a book

Q2 - What's the last movie you saw in a theater?

Q3 - how's your Player doing?

1) The Shawshank Redemption probably, was such a good movie I thought.

2) Avatar 2! it's been a bit since I've gone last.

3) My player is actually doing pretty good! It's nice to see him doing so well in his first season in the VHLE

Q1) It's early in the season but do you have a favourite to win the VHL?

Q2) Similar question, what about the VHLE?

Q3) If you could improve the drafting of the VHFL teams, what would you do?

Q1) It's early in the season but do you have a favourite to win the VHL?

Q2) Similar question, what about the VHLE?

Q3) If you could improve the drafting of the VHFL teams, what would you do?

1. I don’t have a favourite team to win but I might have one later in the season.

2. I don’t have a favourite team to win and I don’t think I will in this season.

3. I would make it a little faster per round or more picks per round.

Questions

Q1) What was your favourite thing to do when you were a kid?

Q2) What is your favourite number?

Q3) Who is your least favourite player in the NFL?

5 hours ago, Sawyer13 said:

Questions

Q1) What was your favourite thing to do when you were a kid?

Q2) What is your favourite number?

Q3) Who is your least favourite player in the NFL?

- I liked to play any sport I could find.

- Good question. I don’t care enough to have a least favorite. 

1. If the VHL restarted at s1, and you were made the GM of one of the teams, who are some users you’d absolutely have to draft?

2. A follow-up question, assuming GMs had to draft their player, what type of player would you make to build around?

3. What would your overall plan be in a s1 draft like that? 

On 6/26/2023 at 10:50 PM, Psanchez55 said:

- I liked to play any sport I could find.

- Good question. I don’t care enough to have a least favorite. 

1. If the VHL restarted at s1, and you were made the GM of one of the teams, who are some users you’d absolutely have to draft?

2. A follow-up question, assuming GMs had to draft their player, what type of player would you make to build around?

3. What would your overall plan be in a s1 draft like that? 

1. Well, I'll go with 6 for now. Definitely would have to be DarkSpyro, Rookie745, Banackock, Gooningitup (if he was still active), AJW, and Jubis.

2. I would make a really good goalie and be sure to be active with him. I have a soft spot for goalies but I also believe that a good goalie can help stabilize teams regardless of where they are in the standings.

3. My plan is to get guys who are active. An active starting goalie is great then I can settle for an inactive backup over a bot. I'd then go for really good defensive defensemen with maybe one offensively successful. Then when it comes to forwards, the hands I am dealt are what I get and I'll try to make lines out of them that are efficiency.

1) Choose a VHL team and then compare it with an NHL team! I do not have a preference in what aspect, just make a comparison!

2) What is the most timeless VHL (can include logos from the VHLE and VHLM) logo in your opinion?

3) Congrats, you have successfully revolted and taken over the ownership of the Victory Hockey League! Now that you have overthrown the BoG, what is your new name for the league?

Will be claimed on Week Ending July 9th

On 6/30/2023 at 10:41 PM, SlapshotBear said:

1) Choose a VHL team and then compare it with an NHL team! I do not have a preference in what aspect, just make a comparison!

2) What is the most timeless VHL (can include logos from the VHLE and VHLM) logo in your opinion?

3) Congrats, you have successfully revolted and taken over the ownership of the Victory Hockey League! Now that you have overthrown the BoG, what is your new name for the league?

1. The Saskatoon Wild are like the Florida Panthers - they are both wild and have some cat like logo.

2. The Reapers logo is outstanding.

3. The LeBlanc Hockey League - Obviously.

1. Is you player going to be in contention for any awards this season?

2. Today is the 4th of July in the US. Does your player celebrate? How?

3. Of all the players your agency has represented, which has been your favorite?