Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

20 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Do you prefer asking or answering press conference questions and why?

2. How early in your career do you start thinking about what your next player is going to be?

3. Are you more the kind of person that does their point tasks on Monday, or right before the bell tolls on Sunday?

1. Asking questions is tough. It’s hard to be consistently original. I guess I prefer answering questions z

2. Depends on the league. I will consider my VHL recreate when I enter the “Create a Player Portal”

3. I try to get done all my tasks early.

1. If the league held an all time tournament, which Franchise and Season’s team would you choose?

2. Do you appreciate the fake attributes that were created to cover up the fact that STHS doesn’t have much build variety?

3. What makes you keep coming back to the VHL?

1. If the league held an all time tournament, which Franchise and Season’s team would you choose?

I'd have to go S79 Malmo Nighthawks... we had a hell of a squad assembled and went all the way that season. Such a great group of people. That was peak VHL for me, so gotta go with that. 

2. Do you appreciate the fake attributes that were created to cover up the fact that STHS doesn’t have much build variety?

So the hybrid stats were introduced to fix the whole meta problem that popped up when everyone started making the same build that would use max Scoring and no Passing. The hybrid stats in many ways were necessary, as many felt the leagues stats and builds weren't in a good place at the time. I personally agree something had to be done about it, but I don't really love the hybrid stats system really. That's not anyone's fault really. The real problem is STHS is steaming hot trash, but we are stuck in a holding pattern where there's no solid substitutes for the league to try.  Until someone develops a better sim engine, I'm afraid we are stuck with what we have. 

Well nowadays, not a whole heck of a lot. I've lost a lot of the passion I once had for this place. But it's not all bad. There's still a handful of people I enjoy interacting with, and I do enjoy trying to help the first-gens that are really into it when they first discover VHL. I also do enjoy tracking my team's progress throughout the season and checking my personal stats. 

Questions

1) What is your number one experience during your time here in the VHL? 

2) If you had the power to change anything in the VHL, what is something you would change and why?

3) Outside of the VHL, what is another online community that you are into and why do you find it interesting?

8 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

I'd have to go S79 Malmo Nighthawks... we had a hell of a squad assembled and went all the way that season. Such a great group of people. That was peak VHL for me, so gotta go with that. 

So the hybrid stats were introduced to fix the whole meta problem that popped up when everyone started making the same build that would use max Scoring and no Passing. The hybrid stats in many ways were necessary, as many felt the leagues stats and builds weren't in a good place at the time. I personally agree something had to be done about it, but I don't really love the hybrid stats system really. That's not anyone's fault really. The real problem is STHS is steaming hot trash, but we are stuck in a holding pattern where there's no solid substitutes for the league to try.  Until someone develops a better sim engine, I'm afraid we are stuck with what we have. 

Well nowadays, not a whole heck of a lot. I've lost a lot of the passion I once had for this place. But it's not all bad. There's still a handful of people I enjoy interacting with, and I do enjoy trying to help the first-gens that are really into it when they first discover VHL. I also do enjoy tracking my team's progress throughout the season and checking my personal stats. 

Questions

1) What is your number one experience during your time here in the VHL? 

2) If you had the power to change anything in the VHL, what is something you would change and why?

3) Outside of the VHL, what is another online community that you are into and why do you find it interesting?

1. Probably when I first joined and everything was new. Learning how everything worked and the people in the community too.

2. Add a TPE Checklist. Fantasy posts, career tasks, weekly tasks, add everything and have it on the front screen for anyone to see what tasks they can do. I think Bek was looking into it as well.

3. I'm not part of any other online community this is the only one. I live with 5 other roommates so thankfully I have lots of people to fill up my time.

1. Which VHL team deserves to win a Cup the most?

2. How do you start your mornings? What is your routine to crawling out of bed?

3. If you could change the hockey stick forever, what new "tool" would players use to play the game? I'm making them use pool noodles.

4 hours ago, AJW said:

1. Which VHL team deserves to win a Cup the most?

2. How do you start your mornings? What is your routine to crawling out of bed?

3. If you could change the hockey stick forever, what new "tool" would players use to play the game? I'm making them use pool noodles.

1. Picking from only the teams remaining, Davos, but got does it hurt after that season on Seattle.
2. Scream at alexa to shut up then if I work go shower and leave picking up breakfast on the way, otherwise lay around if I'm not working.

3. On ice lacrosse?

1. Are you invested in the results for this season's Junior showcase tournament?

2. What's something you're looking forward to next season?

3. How many times do you use the skip button to go to the next song each day?

5 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

1. Picking from only the teams remaining, Davos, but got does it hurt after that season on Seattle.
2. Scream at alexa to shut up then if I work go shower and leave picking up breakfast on the way, otherwise lay around if I'm not working.

3. On ice lacrosse?

1. Are you invested in the results for this season's Junior showcase tournament?

2. What's something you're looking forward to next season?

3. How many times do you use the skip button to go to the next song each day?

1. eh not really since i kinda dont focus on any minor stuff during the offseason

2. going to the e or maybe vhl since im over the tpe limit but we will see

3. atleast 27 or more

1. favorite hockey player or just someone from a sport? (mine is giannis and carey price)

2. what is your favorite drink or soft drink

3. best NBA team?

2 minutes ago, comrade cat said:

1. eh not really since i kinda dont focus on any minor stuff during the offseason

2. going to the e or maybe vhl since im over the tpe limit but we will see

3. atleast 27 or more

1. favorite hockey player or just someone from a sport? (mine is giannis and carey price)

2. what is your favorite drink or soft drink

3. best NBA team?

1. My favorite player ever has always been IT (Isaiah Thomas). Dude was so short averaging like 33 points a game. Insane.

2. Coca-Cola definitely takes the crown.

3. Actual best? Suns are looking really good again. Bias? Pacers/Celtics.

1. SAN DIEGO WON! What are your takeaways from the VHLM Playoffs?

2. Your thoughts on the "Back to 6" Announcement?

3. Who's one VHL Player that maybe doesn't get as much credit they should deserve and you'd die on a hill for?

22 hours ago, DontCallMeCarson said:

1. SAN DIEGO WON! What are your takeaways from the VHLM Playoffs?

2. Your thoughts on the "Back to 6" Announcement?

3. Who's one VHL Player that maybe doesn't get as much credit they should deserve and you'd die on a hill for?

1) I honestly did pay much attention to the VHLM playoffs as I was in the VHLE but San Diego welcomed me into their locker room when I was brand new so I am good with them winning it if it's not Mississauga Hounds.
2) I think it's good if it means more real players will be on the teams.

3) I honestly don't know, I'm sorry :(

1) Will HC Davos Dynamo be able to come back in the VHL finals?

2) Cologne won the VHLE in a sweep! Did you have the Express to win it all?
3) Has it been abnormally hot where you live this month? Can we bring the winter and snow already?

17 minutes ago, nerji said:

1) I honestly did pay much attention to the VHLM playoffs as I was in the VHLE but San Diego welcomed me into their locker room when I was brand new so I am good with them winning it if it's not Mississauga Hounds.
2) I think it's good if it means more real players will be on the teams.

3) I honestly don't know, I'm sorry :(

1) Will HC Davos Dynamo be able to come back in the VHL finals?

2) Cologne won the VHLE in a sweep! Did you have the Express to win it all?
3) Has it been abnormally hot where you live this month? Can we bring the winter and snow already?

1 -- Vancouver has been so dominate this playoffs that it is hard to think HC Davos can win 4 out of the next 5 to take the championship

2 -- no i had Istanbul winning it all (and also missed the VHLM with SD beating Philly)

3 -- we have only had a little bit of a hot spell in western pa so far this summer, but i dont think i want to look forward to winter / snow anytime soon though

1) What has been the most suprising result out of all of the playoffs across the 3 leagues so far?

2) Have you thought about what type of player you are going to make next?

3) have you paid attention to the junior showcase at all and if so, what are your thoughts on the up and coming players into the league?

On 8/2/2023 at 7:44 PM, hockeyis66 said:

1) What has been the most suprising result out of all of the playoffs across the 3 leagues so far?

2) Have you thought about what type of player you are going to make next?

3) have you paid attention to the junior showcase at all and if so, what are your thoughts on the up and coming players into the league?

Answer

1. Houston losing in the 1st round of the VHLM playoffs. I really thought we could go far.

2. Not really no, just focusing on the current one. I don't know enough about the sim engine to get excited about different styles of play regardless.

3. I won the JST last season but this time I'm not really paying any attention.

Ask

1. What are some ideas for next season's theme week?

2. How easy do you find it to navigate the website and/or portal?

3. What is a country/state/region that deserves more VHL representation?

22 hours ago, jhatty8 said:

Answer

1. Houston losing in the 1st round of the VHLM playoffs. I really thought we could go far.

2. Not really no, just focusing on the current one. I don't know enough about the sim engine to get excited about different styles of play regardless.

3. I won the JST last season but this time I'm not really paying any attention.

Ask

1. What are some ideas for next season's theme week?

2. How easy do you find it to navigate the website and/or portal?

3. What is a country/state/region that deserves more VHL representation?

1. a future in vision of the player like what do you predict what your future player

2. at first its hard to me because with so many words and buttons and links its a rabbit hole hard to get out of but when i started to figure out which is which it became a bit easier but i still get lost 

3. MONTREAL or Quebec i have to say IT aint real hockey IF there isn't a Quebec team

1. what do you think about the new salary cap announcement? 

2. favorite car? or a vehicle you always wanted to own?

3. PlayStation or Xbox? (both are shit but still)

Haven't followed the exact specifics but I think it's good for a league to adapt and make changes as the league changes rather than always just staying stagnant with "old rules" that may not make sense anymore.

A bright red Toyota Corolla

I currently own a Playstation so will throw my vote that way. Also enjoy some of the exclusives such as God of War.

Questions:

1) What is your favourite part of the off-season?

2) Does your player like to take some time off to relax in the off-season or is it all about the training?

3) Who is your early favourite to win the championship next season in your league?

4 hours ago, Velevra said:

Haven't followed the exact specifics but I think it's good for a league to adapt and make changes as the league changes rather than always just staying stagnant with "old rules" that may not make sense anymore.

A bright red Toyota Corolla

I currently own a Playstation so will throw my vote that way. Also enjoy some of the exclusives such as God of War.

Questions:

1) What is your favourite part of the off-season?

2) Does your player like to take some time off to relax in the off-season or is it all about the training?

3) Who is your early favourite to win the championship next season in your league?

1. My favourite part of the off-season is keeping up with trades and signings. It's cool to see rosters empty and fill up, as well as big names getting moved around.

2. Oh yeah he boozes hard. Bobandy comes from a long time of guzzlers so he needs a balanced life of hockey and his alcohol addiction.

3. I think Vancouver could run it back again and win this time. The depth on their roster is insane and with the recent trade involving Girts Galvins... they're bringing in a Cup winning veteran to a team full of playoff experience.

Questions

1. Time to relocate your team, sorry! Where are you going? Are you bringing some of your old team's culture with you?

2. If you're on a breakaway what is your go to move? If you're a goalie, what is the key to a successful breakaway stop?

3. Would you rather play a full career in the VHLM or the VHLE if you had to? Why?

2 hours ago, AJW said:

Questions

1. Time to relocate your team, sorry! Where are you going? Are you bringing some of your old team's culture with you?

2. If you're on a breakaway what is your go to move? If you're a goalie, what is the key to a successful breakaway stop?

3. Would you rather play a full career in the VHLM or the VHLE if you had to? Why?

1. I think bringing back Minot would be a fun twist

2. I think it's the datsyuk flip where you pull the puck back and just flip it the opposite way you're going, worked a lot for me otherwise the bedard quick low blocker shot was effective.

3. I haven't ever played in the E so I think I'd prefer there since you can also apply more tpe

Questions:

1. Did you pay attention to the commissioner's cup recently?

2. What team, in any league, is your cup favorite for the upcoming season?

3. Are you excited for the WJC to start soon, or the JST heading into their posteason?

57 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

1. I think bringing back Minot would be a fun twist

2. I think it's the datsyuk flip where you pull the puck back and just flip it the opposite way you're going, worked a lot for me otherwise the bedard quick low blocker shot was effective.

3. I haven't ever played in the E so I think I'd prefer there since you can also apply more tpe

Questions:

1. Did you pay attention to the commissioner's cup recently?

2. What team, in any league, is your cup favorite for the upcoming season?

3. Are you excited for the WJC to start soon, or the JST heading into their posteason?

1. I haven't because I've been out from the house but since this cup is new for me (I took a break a few seasons ago), I do want to see what its about. Plus, Gustav sending the entire STHS file is a beautiful power move.

2. NHL, I'm going for the Vegas Golden Knights as much as I hate to admit it. Still a really solid squad even with acquisitions other teams made. VHL, Seattle Bears. Unless another team drafts me. Then its that team. (I don't necessarily have to be drafted by a top team if you are reading this GMs, I am happy with any team.)

3. I am excited for the JST. I've had the honour of being a part of the Brigade and I'm excited to see how we do. We've got a real good squad.

Questions:

1. What is your player's jersey number and the story behind it? Doesn't have to be a long explanation.

2. Which jersey (past or present) do you feel like is very underappreciated? This can be any sports league.

3. If your player were to play another sport professionally, what sport would they most likely play? 

On 8/7/2023 at 7:37 PM, SlapshotBear said:

1. I haven't because I've been out from the house but since this cup is new for me (I took a break a few seasons ago), I do want to see what its about. Plus, Gustav sending the entire STHS file is a beautiful power move.

2. NHL, I'm going for the Vegas Golden Knights as much as I hate to admit it. Still a really solid squad even with acquisitions other teams made. VHL, Seattle Bears. Unless another team drafts me. Then its that team. (I don't necessarily have to be drafted by a top team if you are reading this GMs, I am happy with any team.)

3. I am excited for the JST. I've had the honour of being a part of the Brigade and I'm excited to see how we do. We've got a real good squad.

Questions:

1. What is your player's jersey number and the story behind it? Doesn't have to be a long explanation.

2. Which jersey (past or present) do you feel like is very underappreciated? This can be any sports league.

3. If your player were to play another sport professionally, what sport would they most likely play? 

1. 27 because Ron Hextall is my favorite goalie, he scored the first goalie goal ever.

2. Winnipeg Jets winter classic jersey when they played against calgary.
3. Football because they are pretty tall and big, would make for a good center.

Questions:
1. Who's your favorite player in the VHL?
2. What's your players pre game ritual?
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

1. Daryl Dixon is my favourite VHL player.

2. stretch, listen to music and get focused for the game.

3. I would go to Russia so I could see how cold it is there and how differently they practice in hockey.

Questions

Q1) What is your favourite pet?

Q2) If you could go into the future how far would you go?

Q3) What is your favourite snack?

On 8/9/2023 at 5:57 PM, Sawyer13 said:

3. I would go to Russia so I could see how cold it is there and how differently they practice in hockey.

Questions

1. Dogs for sure I have two of them.

2. Probably about 20 years to see how my life turned out.

3. I love nachos the most.

Ask

1. Who's winning next year's VHL championship?

2. Does the draft happen at a right time or should it happen earlier/later?

3. What position is your next player going to be?

On 8/9/2023 at 10:57 PM, Sawyer13 said:

Questions

1. I find this question quite difficult because I love animals in general, but since I have 2 cats I'll just go with cats.
2. Maybe around 5 to 7 years to see how well I'm doing in life.
3. Lately it's probably the football Cheetos.

Questions.
1. Who's the VHLM player you think has the most potential this season?
2. If you're playing in off-season tournaments, do you enjoy them? And if you played in off-season tournaments before, do you miss participating in them?
3. What places do you wanna travel to?

5 hours ago, cLoWn said:

1. I find this question quite difficult because I love animals in general, but since I have 2 cats I'll just go with cats.
2. Maybe around 5 to 7 years to see how well I'm doing in life.
3. Lately it's probably the football Cheetos.

Questions.
1. Who's the VHLM player you think has the most potential this season?
2. If you're playing in off-season tournaments, do you enjoy them? And if you played in off-season tournaments before, do you miss participating in them?
3. What places do you wanna travel to?

1. In terms of VHLM player graduating to the VHLE, I think Xiver Zilla will have a really good season. In terms of a player in the VHLM this season, I'm going with Toby Kadachi for sure.

2. I'm having a lot of fun playing in off-season tournaments and it also serves as a way to look at my player's build and figure out what I need to improve.

3. I really want to visit Sweden; it seems like it'd be a nice place to go to.

1. If you had to remove one position from the game of hockey in order to make it a 4v4 game, which position would you choose to remove?

2. What is your favourite non-hockey logo in all of sports? Feel free to explain why if you feel like it.

3. What is your players goal song if they are allowed to choose a personal one?

On 1/16/2022 at 12:05 PM, rjfryman said:

Questions:

1. What is one thing you are actively trying to get better at? (RP or IRL your choice)

2. Do you like art? Are you good at art? Do you enjoy the act of making art even if you are not good at it?

3. What is your favorite thing to do. The thing that you don't need any encouragement to do?

1. I think one thing I'm actively trying to get better at is talking to new people irl. I'm pretty introverted (surprisingly) and just trying to get some new friends.

2. I would say I'm not the worst at art, but I don't really enjoy it. I'm best at small pictures or something super detailed.

3. My favorite thing to do has to be watching hockey. I'm a diehard Sabres fan and I don't need any encouragement to watch them!

Questions:

1. What's your favorite aspect of the VHL and why?

2. What is your favorite food and why do you enjoy it so much?

3. What is one thing you wish that you could change about your player (if you have one) and why?

11 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

1. I think one thing I'm actively trying to get better at is talking to new people irl. I'm pretty introverted (surprisingly) and just trying to get some new friends.

2. I would say I'm not the worst at art, but I don't really enjoy it. I'm best at small pictures or something super detailed.

3. My favorite thing to do has to be watching hockey. I'm a diehard Sabres fan and I don't need any encouragement to watch them!

Questions:

1. What's your favorite aspect of the VHL and why?

2. What is your favorite food and why do you enjoy it so much?

3. What is one thing you wish that you could change about your player (if you have one) and why?

1. I think its how creative it works, having to create a player and do tasks to earn points is my favorite part.
2. Pizza, it's not hard to make or mess up at all and you can be creative with it.
3. I don't really have anything I would want to change with my player, he is good already and not much needed to get changed.

Questions:

1. What got you into VHL?
2. If you have a favorite video game, what is it?
3. What is your favorite NHL team?

23 hours ago, ToddlyBobbly said:

Questions:

1. What got you into VHL?
2. If you have a favorite video game, what is it?
3. What is your favorite NHL team?

1) I was in the SHL and really liked how the VHL was run and the site so signed up! I think I saw someone talk about VHL over at PBE for my first time I saw VHL.
2) Not really. I spend a lot of time in survival craft games and MMOs though.
3) The Toronto Maple Leafs as much as it pains me.

Questions:

1) Did you follow the World Junior Championship at all in the VHL?
2) Do you land trivia every time or do you fail like me sometimes and miss both questions? :(
3) Hockey season is coming up soon! Any feelings on who will contend for the cup this season?

23 hours ago, nerji said:

1) I was in the SHL and really liked how the VHL was run and the site so signed up! I think I saw someone talk about VHL over at PBE for my first time I saw VHL.
2) Not really. I spend a lot of time in survival craft games and MMOs though.
3) The Toronto Maple Leafs as much as it pains me.

Questions:

1) Did you follow the World Junior Championship at all in the VHL?
2) Do you land trivia every time or do you fail like me sometimes and miss both questions? :(
3) Hockey season is coming up soon! Any feelings on who will contend for the cup this season?

1. I didn't unfortunately but have been trying to keep up with VHL trades/signings.

2. I 99% of the time hit it. Being a VHLM GM for a year straight you search for a lot of answers for players.

3. I hope the Jets can not ruin my hopes and dreams again.

1. What do you like to do on your weekends/days off?

2. How much time in a week does your player focus on hockey compared to other life aspects?

3. Pick a team in the VHL to throw a birthday party for. What gift are you bringing to their party?

5 hours ago, AJW said:

1. I didn't unfortunately but have been trying to keep up with VHL trades/signings.

2. I 99% of the time hit it. Being a VHLM GM for a year straight you search for a lot of answers for players.

3. I hope the Jets can not ruin my hopes and dreams again.

1. What do you like to do on your weekends/days off?

2. How much time in a week does your player focus on hockey compared to other life aspects?

3. Pick a team in the VHL to throw a birthday party for. What gift are you bringing to their party?

1. Golf and softball are my go to things in the summertime

2. Its a solid 70-30 split. Once I start hitting my stride and things come more naturally that will probably drop to a 60-40 or an even 50-50

3. I'm bringing a championship to Prague for the party! (probably not but I'm certainly gonna try) But I'd probably bring a sweet sound system for the locker room because music is the most important part!

1. Are you participating in the VHFL this season, if so what pick are you and how do you think you're gonna do?

2. What are your thoughts on the condensing of the E?

3. What are your expectations for your player entering this season?

1. Are you participating in the VHFL this season, if so what pick are you and how do you think you're gonna do?
I am indeed and had the 2nd overall pick, ended up selecting Frank's player so I hope he has a good season!

2. What are your thoughts on the condensing of the E?
Seems like a healthy decision if the 8 teams weren't full. Will be interesting next year since I believe the S91 draft class is larger than usual.

3. What are your expectations for your player entering this season?
Hope to play an increased role this season with Houston now that I have some more TPE under my belt. Put up some points and have some solid defensive play

Questions:
1) Which team in the VHL/VHLE/VHLM do you think had a great offseason?

2) What are your player's performance goals for the upcoming season?

3) Which player in any league do you think will have a breakout season?