Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

13 hours ago, Psanchez55 said:

1. Is you player going to be in contention for any awards this season?

2. Today is the 4th of July in the US. Does your player celebrate? How?

3. Of all the players your agency has represented, which has been your favorite?

1) Hoping to be in the mix for most goals in the VHLM (Alexander Chershenko Trophy), but I've got ground to make up.

2) Being a Canadian player playing for a Canadian team, my big celebration day was on Saturday. Gotta cook some food on the bbq and relax for the holiday before getting back to the grind.

3) This is my first player, so I'll have to take Harry Callahan by default. Only in my second season, so I'm looking forward to a long career ahead!

-----------------------------------------------------------

1) If you had a time machine, what concert would you like to go back and see? (Band only is okay, or if you have a specific choice of band and year even better)

2) Has your team played as well this season as you had hoped now that we're roughly at the halfway mark? Do you like your chances at a playoff spot?

3) Are you watching (or re-watching) a particular tv show currently? If so, what is it, and would you recommend it to others?

On 7/4/2023 at 2:38 PM, dstevensonjr said:

-----------------------------------------------------------

1) If you had a time machine, what concert would you like to go back and see? (Band only is okay, or if you have a specific choice of band and year even better)

2) Has your team played as well this season as you had hoped now that we're roughly at the halfway mark? Do you like your chances at a playoff spot?

3) Are you watching (or re-watching) a particular tv show currently? If so, what is it, and would you recommend it to others?

1. Foo Fighters at Wembley for me.  

2. Team has been about what I expected but we've been better of late so hopefully we will see it keep up.

3. Currently finishing Manifest and watching through Virgin River with the wife.  I'd probably recommend both though Manifest is incredibly cringe.  I love the cringe but is what it is.

---

1. You can blow up one Fast Food Company from this planet with the hands of whatever God you believe in.  Which one is it?

2. If you are being approached by your greatest enemy that is threatening yours and your entire team's lives, and you have the ability to destroy them but have to sacrifice multiple members of your team that are currently captured by them.  Are you taking that shot and why?

3. Greatest memory as a member in this league?

On 7/5/2023 at 7:10 PM, Advantage said:

1. Foo Fighters at Wembley for me.  

2. Team has been about what I expected but we've been better of late so hopefully we will see it keep up.

3. Currently finishing Manifest and watching through Virgin River with the wife.  I'd probably recommend both though Manifest is incredibly cringe.  I love the cringe but is what it is.

---

1. You can blow up one Fast Food Company from this planet with the hands of whatever God you believe in.  Which one is it?

2. If you are being approached by your greatest enemy that is threatening yours and your entire team's lives, and you have the ability to destroy them but have to sacrifice multiple members of your team that are currently captured by them.  Are you taking that shot and why?

3. Greatest memory as a member in this league?

1. Goodbye Arby's. I wish I could say I had fond memories of you but I do not. I will always have a disdain for you. It is time for you to finally meet the end that you deserve. There are no words that describe how much hatred I have buried deep within me. It is like eating shame. The way shame feels is how your food tastes. Now, I finally get to exact revenge on behalf of every human being that has tasted the shameful food. Good riddance, you disgusting, loathsome restaurant.

2. I'm not taking that shot. What's the point of trying to save people if we're going to kill people we are trying to save?

3. Easily winning the Championship with my player Petrenko and with the SEATTLE BEARS!

-

1) What is an underrated colour scheme you think would look great/should be used more on hockey jerseys?

2) If your player was not a hockey player, what occupation would they have?

3) Name an NHL or VHL unsung hero; a player you believe is underrated in the league.

Will claim on week ending July 15th

Edited by SlapshotBear

1) What is an underrated colour scheme you think would look great/should be used more on hockey jerseys?

2) If your player was not a hockey player, what occupation would they have?

3) Name an NHL or VHL unsung hero; a player you believe is underrated in the league.

I think that gold and white should be used on more jerseys.

They would probably be a soccer player because they are from Brazil and they would pay soccer a lot there.

I think that Elias Peterson is underrated because ge is always overlooked by social media.

Questions

Q1) What is your least favourite number?

Q2) When do you think the world will end?

Q3) What is your favourite part of the day?

Q1) What is your least favourite number?

I don't particularly like the number 1.

Q2) When do you think the world will end?

I have no clue. A long time from now.

Q3) What is your favourite part of the day?

The time between work and sleep.

1. How are you doing this season relative to your expectations?

2. Will New York actually make the playoffs this season and end their record ten-season playoff drought?

3. Thoughts on how the deadline went down/is going down?

On 7/10/2023 at 3:32 AM, scoop said:

1. How are you doing this season relative to your expectations?

2. Will New York actually make the playoffs this season and end their record ten-season playoff drought?

3. Thoughts on how the deadline went down/is going down?

1) I'm disappointed, both in the individual performance department, and how the season is going for the team. I haven't been able to produce nearly as much as I was hoping to this season relative to my first season. On the team side, I was hoping to be in the mix in the middle of the pack, maybe with home ice in the first round. Instead, we're holding the last spot very tightly and the gap is closing, so we've gotta hope for some improved play.

2) I'll say sure, all droughts end at some point, no time like the present to do so.

3) It was much quieter than I was expecting it to be in the VHLM. There was only 1 trade made on deadline day in the M, which I figured was surprising being the last chance to load up for the playoffs or add future assets. 

------------------------------------------

1) Have you seen any of the Mission: Impossible movies? Will you be seeing the new one coming out this week?

2) What is your favourite thing to drink?

3) Do you put any TPE into the intangibles attributes (Poise, Leadership) for your player? Why or why not?

5 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

Have you seen any of the Mission: Impossible movies? Will you be seeing the new one coming out this week?

2) What is your favourite thing to drink?

3) Do you put any TPE into the intangibles attributes (Poise, Leadership) for your player? Why or why not?

1. I have not. I will not. 
2. Sweet Tea is the go to drink.

3. I’m a VHLm player. I don’t have TPE to waste on that kinda stuff.

1. If you were GM of your team for the day, what would you do?

2. How many sim leagues do you participate in?

3. What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you in your career?

1. If you were GM of your team for the day, what would you do?

I wouldn't change anything so I guess Major Roblox game night, EVERYONE GET ON ROBLOX GOLF!!!!!

2. How many sim leagues do you participate in?

Just the VHL at the current moment.

3. What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you in your career?

VHL wise scoring my very first point in my first game VS Mexico city kings

1. What VHL Team has been the most surprising so far this season? 

2. if you could be commish for the day what new rule would you pass?

3. Favorite all-time NHL player(provide why please)?

1. Helsinki because they have been really bad.

2. That all players would have to watch a game that there player plays or coaches.

3. Elias Peterson because he is a Canucks player and because he is an amazing forward.

Questions 

Q1) Are you a dog or cat person?

Q2) Would you rather only be able to talk to people on  a tablet or on a T.V?

Q3) What has been the most crazy thing that has happened to you before?

On 7/15/2023 at 3:39 PM, Sawyer13 said:

1. Helsinki because they have been really bad.

2. That all players would have to watch a game that there player plays or coaches.

3. Elias Peterson because he is a Canucks player and because he is an amazing forward.

Questions 

Q1) Are you a dog or cat person?

Q2) Would you rather only be able to talk to people on  a tablet or on a T.V?

Q3) What has been the most crazy thing that has happened to you before?

1) I would say I'm a cat person. Dogs are great and all but I'm a bit more down to be chill with a cat. Plus when they finally warm up to you, they're super cute.

2) I would rather be only able to talk to people on a T.V. Better sound quality and also I have an excuse to be lazy and stay in one place.

3) The craziest thing actually happened a while ago. I was on the TopView Tour Bus that T-boned the MTA bus in New York City.

1) What kind of VHL merchandise would you be interested in buying?

2) You score in overtime! How would your player most likely have scored the goal? (E.g. a booming slapshot, a slick redirection/mid-air tip-in, a well placed snipe over the goalie's shoulder)

3) Building on the idea of the Theme Week this season, if you had to change the name of the VHL what would you change it to?

2) You score in overtime! How would your player most likely have scored the goal? (E.g. a booming slapshot, a slick redirection/mid-air tip-in, a well placed snipe over the goalie's shoulder)

3) Building on the idea of the Theme Week this season, if you had to change the name of the VHL what would you change it to?

1. I would buy hats because I love wearing hats or hoodies.

2. My player would most likely would have done a well placed snipe.

3. I would change it to the SHL because then people know that it is a simulated hockey league.

Questions 

Q1) How long have you been in the VHL for?

Q2) What is you favourite thing in the VHL?

Q3) If you could change your name what would you change it to?

On 7/16/2023 at 6:57 PM, SlapshotBear said:

1) I would say I'm a cat person. Dogs are great and all but I'm a bit more down to be chill with a cat. Plus when they finally warm up to you, they're super cute.

2) I would rather be only able to talk to people on a T.V. Better sound quality and also I have an excuse to be lazy and stay in one place.

3) The craziest thing actually happened a while ago. I was on the TopView Tour Bus that T-boned the MTA bus in New York City.

1. I’m not interested in any merchandise. 

2. Since we have fake attributes that mean nothing - I’ll answer the question based on that. my player has nothing invested in either “shot.” So he would score by using some intelligent positioning and great vision to deflect the puck.

3. Victory hockey league is kinda a weird name… but I’d keep it the same.

——

1. How is the season going for your team? Is it going as expected?

2. What is the biggest surprise for you this season?

3. What is your player’s go to celebration?

The season is going great! I had the privilege of joining the Reapers who are the top dogs in the VHLM. Hopefully the success carries over to the playoffs.

I just returned at the trade deadline so not really sure about what expectations were at the start of the season. I think overall I was surprised how much fuller VHLM teams are now than they were in the past though.

On the ice just a simple fist pump. Off the ice an nice sushi dinner!

---------
1. Are you looking forward to the playoffs? If not, how about the off-season?

2. Anything exciting so far about the summer?

3. Who do you think should be the MVP of the league you are in?

Edited by Velevra

Oh yes, Ottawa is bit of an underdog, but it will be a great event, we had a lot of tight games in the regular season, shootouts have not been our friend, but I like our odds.

Same old same old, I saw two baby seagulls on the ground, I guess they were waiting for their mother.

Brad Marchand perhaps, the most goals and points.

---

1.   Would you rather be drafted end of first round or start of second round?

2.  In your opinion, should more wingers work on faceoffs just in case they are asked to take some faceoffs during games?

3.  If a team fails to start the necessary backup games, how would you punish that team? (or are you fine with the current punishment system?)

On 7/20/2023 at 6:19 PM, Velevra said:

The season is going great! I had the privilege of joining the Reapers who are the top dogs in the VHLM. Hopefully the success carries over to the playoffs.

I just returned at the trade deadline so not really sure about what expectations were at the start of the season. I think overall I was surprised how much fuller VHLM teams are now than they were in the past though.

On the ice just a simple fist pump. Off the ice an nice sushi dinner!

---------

1) Absolutely. We're in a tough spot right now but I do believe that with some adjustments, we can definitely make it back on track.

2) My 18th birthday! It was actually today. As of now, I am an adult. That's kind of cool. We also took a trip to New York and Montreal.

3) I'm going with my boy Xiver Zilla. Dude is an offensive beast for us right now

----

1. Who is your favourite VHL player of all time? (Can be past or present)

2. If you had to compare your VHL player to an NHL player, who would you compare your player to?

3. How big of a goal difference does there have to be before you call a hockey game a blowout?

14 hours ago, SlapshotBear said:

1. Who is your favourite VHL player of all time? (Can be past or present)

2. If you had to compare your VHL player to an NHL player, who would you compare your player to?

3. How big of a goal difference does there have to be before you call a hockey game a blowout?

1 - My own player? Christoph Klose. Not my own? Bismark Koenig. 

2 - A nastier Brett Pesce.

3 - In the modern NHL, 5.

Q1 - Do you have a favorite video game?

Q2 - Do you care who wins the VHL championship this year?

Q3 - Does your team have an on-site locker room?

1 - Do you have a favorite video game?
Hmm hard to decide on just one but maybe Mass Effect 2?

Q2 - Do you care who wins the VHL championship this year?
I haven't followed the big leagues much since I joined but perhaps the Vancouver Wolves due to Frank and some old player connections.

Q3 - Does your team have an on-site locker room?
I don't believe so since I was only shared a discord link but I could be wrong.

--------------

1. How do you feel about league parity at the moment?

2. Do you prefer your players to be drafted high for the fame or lower for the underdog story and proving people wrong?

3. What sort of music do you listen to in order to get you pumped for a big game?

29 minutes ago, Velevra said:

1. How do you feel about league parity at the moment?

2. Do you prefer your players to be drafted high for the fame or lower for the underdog story and proving people wrong?

3. What sort of music do you listen to in order to get you pumped for a big game?

1. In the VHLM, it's been pretty good this season. There are teams that have been excellent, teams that have been alright, and teams that have fallen off a bit, but we haven't seen anything outrageous like a team that wins or loses almost every single game.

2. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with high draft pick with expectations. I'd like to help be responsible for making a difference with a team, and that comes with being a higher pick.

3. Depends on the day, but I'll go with either classic rock (give me an AC/DC playlist, or some hair metal), or punk rock (anything on the louder end for Rise Against, especially early material).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What time of year is your favourite, and why? Does it revolve around anything specific?

2. What are your thoughts on the early sims in the playoffs in your league? Any shocking results so far for your team, or others?

3. Do you have a specific day/time that you do your TPE work, or do you just wait to find available time?

On 7/24/2023 at 6:46 PM, dstevensonjr said:

What time of year is your favourite, and why? Does it revolve around anything specific?

2. What are your thoughts on the early sims in the playoffs in your league? Any shocking results so far for your team, or others?

3. Do you have a specific day/time that you do your TPE work, or do you just wait to find available time?

1. The summer is my favorite time of year although spring takes a close second. I don’t like cold - and fall is just a precursor to cold.

2. SSK didn’t make the playoffs. I’ve turned off my “Paying attention to the VHLM” switch.

3. Usually late night after I get off work.

—/—/—

1. In your opinion, who is the top prospect in this year’s VHLM draft?

2. What do you consider to be the least important attribute to upgrade?

3. What car did your player buy with his bonus money?

16 hours ago, Psanchez55 said:

1. In your opinion, who is the top prospect in this year’s VHLM draft?

2. What do you consider to be the least important attribute to upgrade?

3. What car did your player buy with his bonus money?

1. The true top prospect in the draft is actually the one who creates a minute after the cutoff and gets to pick their spot for the full season.

2. Checking. It is actively detrimental to team performance.

3. Artyomov takes the metro. Big train guy.

1. What are the best and worst logos in the VHL? Defend your positions.

2. The VHL wants to expand to Asia for the first time. Where do you put the team and why there?

3. If you had to bring one video game mechanic to real life, what would it be?

21 hours ago, Enorama said:

1. What are the best and worst logos in the VHL? Defend your positions.

D.C. has one of the best ones for me. Colours are sharp, and the design is both solid and concise. It could have gone off boards real quick, considering the details and the size on a dragon, plus there's the text in there. But overall it's looking clean.

I love the colours of Warsaw. I love the minimalistic designs of New York and Los Angeles.

The worst right have to be Chicago and Seattle. The bird just looks disjointed on Chicago's, the wings look like they start at the wrong place, and they're not wide enough. Seattle is brown on brown. The shield's shape is bad, the text is bad, most of the bear is bad. The logo could be one of the better ones if it was only the bear head.

21 hours ago, Enorama said:

2. The VHL wants to expand to Asia for the first time. Where do you put the team and why there?

Are we talking one Asian team in one of the actual leagues, or are we talking a full VHLA? Either way, there has to be a team in Japan, as probably the only Asian country with somewhat of a history when it comes to the international hockey scene. Along with Kazakhstan and Russia if you wanna count them as Asian for the sake of this discussion. Osaka Samurais could be the name.

3. If you had to bring one video game mechanic to real life, what would it be?

Quick saving, and loading past saves. I wanna be able to test some things out instead of having to commit fully to stuff and realize halfway through that it was a bad idea.

Also carrying like a whole life's worth of stuff I found in my pockets could be neat.

---

1. Who is next in line for the job as Chicago Phoenix's GM, and why?

2. What is your endgame in the VHL? What jobs would you like to do, if any?

3. What is your next player's backstory going to be?

Edited by McWolf

1. Who is next in line for the job as Chicago Phoenix's GM, and why?
Minion, Great guy, active again, done with the E and was one of the nest goalies to play for the team ;)

2. What is your endgame in the VHL? What jobs would you like to do, if any?

already been VHLM GM and AGM, VHLE GM and AGM, World cup Commish, ProAM Admin and GM, so Both VHL jobs I guess, and stay on as a VSN Writter!

3. What is your next player's backstory going to be?

Behrens Minion is the bother of retired alexander and Son of nathaniel minion, hide from fame and looks to set his own path in light of two legendary Minion's

1. What should happen to the rush now that they were disbanded? 

2. What do you think of the team greenland take over?
3. Who should GM the Houston Bulls now that @AJW is stepping away, Hell of a career man!

On 7/28/2023 at 7:26 PM, UnknownMinion said:

1. What should happen to the rush now that they were disbanded? 

2. What do you think of the team greenland take over?
3. Who should GM the Houston Bulls now that @AJW is stepping away, Hell of a career man!

Answer

1. I don't have much attachment to the Rush (or Yukon for that matter) but the Hounds branding is ugly enough that I'd support replacing them with the Rush.

2. It's cool to be from Greenland but nobody cares about poor Malta.

3. SONNET. With Triller also leaving we need the Houston Bulls graphics to stay in peak form.

Ask

1. The VHLE teams contracted were decided based on branding and team history - was this the right decision or should current roster situation have taken precedent?

2. What is one area of the league that you believe is pretty much perfect and cannot be improved upon?

3. Who are two members of the BOG or admin team that could be alts?

Ask

1. The VHLE teams contracted were decided based on branding and team history - was this the right decision or should current roster situation have taken precedent?
I imagine any decision would have been a tough one and it's hard to please everyone. I might have split the difference and done 1 of the swedish teams with a worse roster and then 1 of the newer teams as well.

2. What is one area of the league that you believe is pretty much perfect and cannot be improved upon?
Things could probably always be iterated and improved on but I really loved the change of trivia being incorporated / automated in the portal. Kudos to the team who implemented that.

3. Who are two members of the BOG or admin team that could be alts?

Uh I honestly don't know. I see Nykonox is now on the BOG apparently so maybe he has a sneaky alt as someone :P

Questions:

1. I'm set to be drafted to the VHLM. What VHLM team did you play for and what was your experience with them like?

2. What is your favourite branding in the league (or top 3) given the recent discussions on removing teams based on branding?

3. What are your player's go to toppings on a pizza?

Edited by Velevra

7 minutes ago, Velevra said:

1. I'm set to be drafted to the VHLM. What VHLM team did you play for and what was your experience with them like?

Just spent 20 games with the Mississauga Hounds. The locker room was pretty relaxed. VLG is a fun guy. I don't think I ever played for any of the other current VHLM GMs. Good luck this upcoming season!

8 minutes ago, Velevra said:

2. What is your favourite branding in the league (or top 3) given the recent discussions on removing teams based on branding?

D.C. is probably my favourite logo in the league. The colours are good, the design is sharp, even with the space wasted to write the name of the team. We know it's a dragon, you don't have to write it. It's good anyway. I also really like Warsaw, and some of the simplistic ones like New York, Los Angeles.

11 minutes ago, Velevra said:

3. What are your player's go to toppings on a pizza?

She'd probably like anchovies and pineapple. Together. My whole backstory for her at the moment is that she's probably somewhere between a human and a moth, or a bunch of moths disguised as a human, or just a moth loving girl. Regardless of that, she's a weirdo, rarely talks, awkward socially, it just feels right that you'd find her in the team lodgings, eating a pizza with no sauce, no pepperoni, no cheese, only anchovies and pineapple.

---

1. Do you prefer asking or answering press conference questions and why?

2. How early in your career do you start thinking about what your next player is going to be?

3. Are you more the kind of person that does their point tasks on Monday, or right before the bell tolls on Sunday?