Jardy's Hecking Podcast, Episode 10: With Special Guests! Pt. 1

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

Now I'm swearing at other people.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Hecking-Podcast--Episode-10-With-Special-Guests--Pt--1-e1b5nte

Welcome VHL, to JardyB10's 10th Hecking Podcast! To commemorate this occasion, I summoned guests for this shitshow, and three people responded immediately! Today, you get the first two, which I considered keeping secret, but instead I'll reveal now that they are:

1. @samx: 0:00 - 45:00

2. @N0HBDY: 45:30 - The rest pretty much

We had some good chats about varying things, a common throughline was their league origins and journeys to their league jobs. I grilled Samwell about her experience as a mod, being an introvert behaving like an extrovert on the VHL, and we yell at @Spartan. In the N0HBDY section, I immediately dox him by accident, talk about some VHLM stuff, and spend way too long discussing our (my) Spotify Wraps. Please be careful with your comments, he's a very very sad boy who listens to sad rap.

All in all, I had a very nice time making this. I apologize for the relatively dodgy quality of Sam section, but I optimized it sometimes!

Speaking of sad music, the tracks featured on this podcast were anthems of sorts for the guests. Which reminds me I need to get the anthem for Part 2's guest...

MENTIONS:

@Spartan @SpicyGecko @BarzalGoat @Minion @DMaximus @rjfryman @Esso2264 @Daniel Janser @Mongoose87 @dart @InstantRockstar @fishy @Beketov

Brief Mentions:

@McWolf @diamond_ace @Laine

Not mentioned at all but I realized these two members have the same profile picture when I was tagging fishy earlier:

@Mistxh J @fishkr

Also not mentioned at all but they should still listen and use the previous two tags for a future conspiracy section of their own podcast:

@Berocka @dasboot

Music used in this episode:

Hozier - Almost (Sweet Music)

7RU7H - Marty McFly 

I claimed one week from this podcast, the other can go to Sam if that's allowed.

Edited by JardyB10

10 minutes ago, samx said:

also episode isn't there. link just takes us to your Spotify page lmao

Yeah it always takes a few extra minutes for it to get posted to Spotify, that's why I put the reserved embed up (realistically I could just wait until it's up but that would require me to be PATIENT!)

Anyway, it should be there now!

Just now, JardyB10 said:

Yeah it always takes a few extra minutes for it to get posted to Spotify, that's why I put the reserved embed up (realistically I could just wait until it's up but that would require me to be PATIENT!)

Anyway, it should be there now!

I'm disappointed you talked to N0HBDY longer than me smh

9 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Will listen tomorrow alrighty sweets??

fine

can't even fucking take an hour and half out his Thurday evening to listen to me and my friends

fucking guy what does he think he has a family and dogs or something that's more important?

meta building garbage player grumble grumble...

Edited by JardyB10

7 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Uh oh, a legit mention. That means I actually need to listen to this to see how much shit you talked.

I'll save you some time because it's a very long podcast and it's near the end-ish. Probably could have been in brief mentions, BUT HOW DARE YOU AND FISHY NOT LIKE PICKLES

Maybe you're mentioned elsewhere too though who knows

18 hours ago, Minion said:

the intro

If you're jazzed about the first few seconds where I left in the countdown of us hitting record just as the song begins, that actually was kind of just a cute happy editing accident! ^_^

If you're jazzed about the intro song in general, then...

13 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

You need to start crediting your songs that you put in every episode since I keep wanting them!

Hozier - Almost (Sweet Music)

7RU7H - Marty McFly 

The latter is an example of sad rap representing sad N0HBDY and was at the top of his very sad Spotify wrapped.

The sound quality in the sam section thus far is...interesting.

Sam having players without knowing about it. Is this how Lou feels on the Islanders? Just randomly finding contracts in the couch being like ?????

Oh sweet now I'm hearing @JardyB10 through Sam's mic. The true old school Ventrilo experience.

Oh no, we have Velociraptor mods?! Also boomer warning! I say knowing full well I was like 6 when I first saw Jurassic Park, and it was new at the time...😅

The long version of Jardy joining? But what about the girthy version?! Where is it?

RTH member here btw. Super sporadic watcher of his content too. Completely random that I found the VHL. Based on my interests I have no idea how I hadn't found it yet, though.

Oooh the sound flipped. Now Jardy sounds like a 50s radio show and Sam sounds normal! Progress?

Sound flips again, madness!

Miami roster is a bit bare. But we did pick up a new goalie today! Progress! Also most of our roster are inactives, so Bo's ice time is about to get spicy!

GM's have no life confirmed?

Back to the 50s again!

The start of the mosCOW/Velociraptor war is upon us!

Sweet, Discord background noise making me check discord!

Jardy having corpses in the closet? I scarcely believe it!

Has anyone checking into if Ancient Aliens had anything to do with the background digging? Just a though.

#VoteSamForAllAwardsConfirmed

Sam is the Teemu Selänne of the VHL. Peaks first season, then just slowly declines?

A lot of people aren't brave enough to speak up. Take pride in what you did, the people who don't want the awards are almost always the ones that actually deserve them the most. It's just classy to be humble. @samx

It's @N0HBDY bashing time. #Hype

Two cups and a string isn't wifi btw.

Hearing of Jardy's homocidal car tendencies in games makes me feel so much better about all the car podcasts...

Self doxxing. Such a teen thing to do.

@N0HBDY Likes the D. Good to know. Is he an offensive defenseman though?

*cough* Montreal *cough* Yeah if only a team was like that IRL. Good catch.

Mississauga apparently don't need centers. Based on past experience over the last 2 weeks or so. I'll just probably hate that team forever, unless they draft me and put "can't hate the team" in the contract.

"non-alcoholic" beer, right. Meanwhile in Sweden...

@Daniel Janser also is solidly in the lead for solving completely pointless math problems that lead to rating scores. So not only great at waiver claims.

Concussions suck, I accidentally played almost a whole game through one once. Was hallucinating and having time dilations after the game 10/10 wouldn't do again.

I'm starting to find the lack of Velociraptors concerning at this point in the podcast.

Cole Pearce is currently league 2nd on GAA, no not league 2nd best. He has the 2nd most goals against. So maybe it's not just the team? #ShotsFiredAndHonestlyProbablyNotSaved

Knowing what chicken nuggets are made of makes them a wee bit less likeable. Waffle fries are pretty good, @N0HBDY makes a good point there. Maybe he's a pretty good guy?

Never mind @N0HBDY sucks, he likes pickles. The smell of pickles literally makes me dry heave.

Jardy filling the air with literally nothing while also searching for artists. Clearly a pro.

7sad7me list of rappers.

Were those injury tears to injuries to your feels though?

Not entirely sure why I keep roasting @N0HBDY I guess it just seems appropriate in this thread. It's a vibe?

More charities sounds cool. But guessing staff is busy enough that it might be rough to fit more?

Buying naming rights and avatar to change @JardyB10's name to @CardiB10 and with a fitting profile picture. Someone make it happen.

Wow, BOGleaks! Juicy! Wait, not that juicy.

I thew a meta question in your podcast questions thread so you get to soapbox to your heart's content about that @JardyB10. And no one can blame you, cause it was asked!

Also yes, please do beat Halifax so they can outtank Miami. Thank you very much!

Solid podcast, it had the ventrilo and Jurassic Park boomer nostalgia. The doxxing, the drip. The incredibly sad rap. Just everything! I rate it # of Mississauga Centers/10👌

30 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

I rate it # of Mississauga Centers/10👌

This genuinely made me lol, as the kids say.

Thanks for the review! The audio was indeed varying degrees of dodgy with Sam. I play hooky from work to record these, also I’m renown for my lack of preparation and planning, so I didn’t want to spend the time to troubleshoot a method that we could both be our best selves at all times. So what we got instead was me taking a handful of Sam-heavy sections of the podcast and using the audio she recorded for that, and using the audio I recorded for the rest. Could I have done that more frequently? Yes. Did I want to spend the time to do it? No. I did more than nothing though, so I was proud!

55 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

But what about the girthy version?! Where is it?

Sorry, the Chodesode was cancelled.

58 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

I'm starting to find the lack of Velociraptors concerning at this point in the podcast.

Fun fact: I recorded with Sam a full week earlier than N0HBDY, so I likely had forgotten about this bit for the entire second half of the podcast!

1 minute ago, Daniel Janser said:

@Shindigs nice summary. Just a little correction (I believe). I am Swiss (I.e. from Switzerland) not Swedish (I.e. not from Sweden)... one is a neutral country starting with Sw.... and so is the other... 😆

No that was a commentary on the part where Nobody was "drinking non-alcoholic beer". I was alluding to the favourite pass time in Sweden (where I'm from) that is underage drinking.

Just now, JardyB10 said:

Oh damn, I didn’t know Saskatchewan was in Sweden!

Weather is just about as shitty, accent just about as silly. Like two peas in a pod.

Also

5 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Sorry, the Chodesode was cancelled.

*SADNESS INTENSIFIES* brb getting Nobody's playlist.

2 hours ago, Shindigs said:

No that was a commentary on the part where Nobody was "drinking non-alcoholic beer". I was alluding to the favourite pass time in Sweden (where I'm from) that is underage drinking.

Ah OK... mea culpa in that case....