My Theme Week Submission Was Shut Down

Spartan

unknown.png

I initially had the idea of opening up Excel, and typing out usernames as they popped into my head, one cell per row, until I hit 500 rows in the sheet. To me, this was basically to kind of see whose names popped up in my mind the most when I thought about "who do I appreciate" in the VHL. Full disclosure, I got about 150 rows in and then started struggling to put more names down, so I just copied the list until I hit 500 rows. Then @Beketov told me to piss off and do a real PT, so my 500+ words is below!

@Bayley - Obligatory first person mentioned, since you were the first GM I had. You drafted me in the 3rd round of the S71 M Draft, and were the largest influence on me from the start, for obvious reasons. I appreciate your efforts and then Proto's (I miss him) to help me stay engaged and active in the league, and for developing my interest in the league.

@Beketov - I did some flattery here I suppose, and our relationship is rather newer than some of the other larger names on here. But we have communicated one of the most out of the folks listed on here, both through the excessive number of seasons (to me) together in the Moscow LR. The time spent in DM's is also significant, so I think that some appreciation for the time you put into the league but then also manage to lend Moscow and myself is warranted. Even when the community blames you, know that I do too :P.

@Acydburn - Probably one of my closer friends in the community, we chat about daily and you've been a great advocate in my corner for quite a while. The raging is fantastic, being my gaming buddy is amazing, and your passion for the league even when it's sometimes not appreciated by others is undeterred. I don't think enough people appreciate you, so I hope you accept my appreciation.

@McWolf  and @BladeMaiden - You two sort of go hand in hand, mainly because my time with both of you has overlapped so much. Both of you were two of the first faces I saw in sim leagues, and were mentors and friends from day 1. Even when we had differences of opinion, we didn't let that impact friendship, and thanks to both of you, I'm still around today.

@Victor  - You drafted me and then told me to replace you, literally in everything. Thanks, it keeps me busy during my free time ❤️ 

@Renomitsu and @Mr_Hatter - Honestly I think you're both the two nicest people I've ever met. We've voice chatted together for way too long, usually letting me rant about some stuff that no longer bothers me anymore. I don't want to say it was therapeutic since that feels one-sided, but your presence simply is - and for that, and all the other amazing gaming moments and shared LR interactions, I appreciate you guys.

@Doomsday (I feel like you're not up there despite me adding you in the list), @N0HBDY, @Arce @Shindigs, @samx - You guys are basically honorary members of the Moscow Menace just because of how much time you guys spend in the LR despite not being on the team, or even alumni (in most of your cases). I'm always appreciative of having good people around me, to have a good time with, and to form the KGB along with the other members of the team and fellow BoG members.

@Steve - Despite being a bit lower on the list in terms of time we've known each other and spent together, you've been a joy to me and a welcome respite from some of the struggles I've had in the league. One of the surprisingly pleasant faces I first saw in the LA LR after I was traded there, and someone I chat with weekly about life, the league, and our players. It's nice to have that kind of consistent check-in from someone who cares about you, beyond just what services you can offer them. I appreciate that more than you know.

@Gustav - I just think you're also a cool dude. It's a damn shame we've never been on a team together, or that neither of us GM'd the other. You're one of the consistently rational/productive members of the BoG and I genuinely think you've had a solid, underappreciated part in keeping this league running well the past bit. I don't think people know how much thought you've put into what you communicate to the BoG. But outside the league, you're a constant reminder to me (more recently) that life outside the VHL exists and that I should sometimes go and smell the roses. It's nice to have someone nudging you with perspective, especially someone my age.

@VHL GM - Yeah I added all of you just because you guys give me motivation to stick around every season as a GM and bring out the best (or worst) side of me - my competitiveness. I wouldn't be continually striving to be a better GM without you guys pushing me with your own shrewd and calculated moves (when you're not missing the Draft). I appreciate you guys being fodder for Moscow :D.

@STZ - Best AGM ever!

@fonziGG @Dil (Dil gets a -1) - Y'all know why, I'd add Quik too but he never showed up. It's nice to have this commonality when there aren't many others.

Everyone on Moscow - From S77 through now, you're all amazing. Ridiculously good people, you guys make it worth sticking around as a GM.

Everyone on Helsinki and DC and LA - Or just teams I've played for, it's always been a good time no matter how we perform. I enjoy the people in the LR's and think the best experiences happen in there. 

---

Anyways, I mentioned a bunch of people but I would like to go ragequit over League or Apex or something for a bit. There are more folks who I thought of and went into the Word Cloud above, and others that I am thinking of as I write this, but am simply a bit too tired to finish writing. I apologize to those of you, maybe if we recycle this prompt again, I'll mention you guys then. Until then, I'll take the free reputation that seems to come with these MS'.

1,054 words

Edited by Spartan

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Been searching for my name in the picture for 12 days now, can i get a hint?

Not gonna lie, I think either you got cut out when I screenshotted it or it didn't like how long it was. Your name was in the Excel file, I just verified. You should have been the same size as Blade, Fonzi and Doom