Bana Blabs Down Under in BRISBANE #93

Banackock

Bana Blabs Down Under in BRISBANE #93 - 

1K4Ol5X.jpg

Another Blab brought to you by Talk-to-Text, an easier way to do this. Thanks, Siri. Despite your many, often simple errors. I appreciate you. You have made this easier and I wish I would have given you a try all those seasons ago! 

S90 VHL Index

S90 VHL Playoffs

Severus Targaryen Player Page (Bana's Player)

Seattle Bears Team Page

Bears Discord - General. Come join the fun! That's what the VHL is all about :)

Other Blabs about Australia or our Journey's since leaving Canada in February, 2023:

(tons talk about em, but these ones are with pics, mostly australia chatting etc)

@Berocka ;) 

Hey, everyone. Hope you're all doing good! Lots has been happening! Feels like I'm always tired but I guess it's important to note I'm almost always happy too! We've been planning hopping around Australia since leaving Perth on September 20th. We've hit up Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and we've officially been in Cairns now since September 30th (basically the 1st). Brisbane was lots of fun and Cairns has been a beautiful experience as well! Cairns and home time will be for the next article, but figured we'd cross Brisbane off with this one! Lots of cool stuff to blab about there! For the VHL, playoffs have finished as quickly as they started for the Bears! We matched up against the Vancouver Wolves (again... almost every season lol) and it was a great, but strange battle. Weird goalie battle but this time.. it was almost the battle of who could out worse the other! I'm almost certain Seattle was below .900 for 3/4 Games, losing the series 3-1. Not knocking, but you won't win the playoffs or many games with those numbers. It happens. It's tough. It is what it is. Onto the future of the Bears. If it's anything like the last 30 seasons, we're fine. LETS BLAB!

zUvgBK8.jpg

Most touristy photo lol but you gotta. 

• VHL PLAYOFFS - Tough loss. First sim was okay so figured not to touch too much. @JB123 and @Frank caught onto something and made some changes that ultimately worked. We played pretty good. Almost certain we outshot them pretty good the first two games. I was fine with a 1-1 today at worst, but that's okay. Vancouver is always a really good team and have been for basically as long as Seattle. We were even competing with them in the early 70's. Huge congrats and good luck to them moving forward. Always tough to root for rivals, but eh! :cheers:

OA44E3z.jpg

• BRISBANE PART ONE - Brisbane was pretty neat! The people there, like most in Australia, are very kind and welcoming (with lots also being loud lol). It was a pretty neat time to visit to with all of the Grand Finals going on with both AFL and NRL teams from Brissie making it to the finals. Watching on Sunday certainly quenched my thirst for a lack of sports recently. We did a lot of walking around in Brisbane checking things out and while I am kicking my ass for not going to Eat Streets, Australia is incredible for their markets and my nose is even more incredible for sniffing them out (probably the food!). On this trip home I have eaten like a king and this trend continued here. We also checked out the Botanical Gardens (a must in all cities), hunted down some of the cute little artsy fairy doors throughout the city, walked a good chunk of the beautiful river areas, spent a day beating the heat at Street Beach (very pretty but also PACKED), Ferris Wheel rides and then........ AUSTRALIA ZOO!!! The home of Steve Irwin and the rest of his amazing, cool family. We've been to the zoo's in Perth and Sydney, but figured this would be a little more neat/different due to it being the Irwin's and wow... I grew up watching him on my television ALL THE TIME like so many others but it hit so different! We got there, walked around and such and made our way to lunch... as we were eating, the show started in the Crocusuem.. Birds were flying around and they were so intelligent! Then it was time for the Croc show... I guess it can be pretty rare for the Irwin's to be there sometimes but we've been very lucky in Australia... out came Terri, Bindi and Chandler and what an amazing experience.... Not going to lie, I was so happy I was fighting back basically crying with tears in my eyes. We were walking around the gift store and I had to throw my sunnies on! We ended up grabbing a shit ton of souvenirs....  such an incredible experience there.. Got to feed, lay and play with a bunch of kangaroo's which means I finally get to fulfill @samx roo photo LOL! Also got to play with some Koala's... the education and care for animals there was amazing.. they do such a wonderful job with conservation and making people want to care... LOVE... 11/10 and one of the coolest experiences of my life honestly. 
  • Brisbane PART TWO - It's very cool to be on this trip and experience the things I've done and seen. Brisbane and this strip home were pretty special for that... from visiting Sydney again, the NHL games in Melbourne, Steve Irwin and the Australia Zoo in/near Brisbane and now we find ourselves in the tropical paradise of Cairns, right next to the Great Barrier Reef. HOWEVER, easily a top 5 experience in Australia actually has somewhat to do with the VHL. A certain member has been huge for me basically since they joined the league. Huge with Seattle and the "secret" council to this day and a huge member for me, simply as a human being. @Berocka beat me to the magic again! We both happened to be in Melbourne at the same time for the NHL Global series and it was a blast as I've talked about prior. I guess "both happened to be in" is a poor way of saying it considering we bought the tickets off them, lol.... We only had a few moments to talk at the game. A brief, meet, greet and that was it! We had flights VERY early and had tons to do before heading to our next location: Brisbane. When we landed in Brisbane, Berocka reached out to us when they got home but we unfortunately were kinda packed with plans and excitement for learning this beautiful place... AND admittedly, I was pretty damn nervous. It doesn't help that it was hotter than all hell. I won't spill tea on Berocka and how he was feeling (thanks to his partner for letting me know ;) ) but I was actually feeling a lot better than the NHL game and earlier in the week! I was actually pretty excited and honoured to have the privilege to have a sit down with him and his family. Lunch actually went super well and I had a lot of fun talking with them both + the little one, sharing our experiences and kind of talking about our trip. Time flew by but I knew they had a little one an the grand finals were on - so I made the excuse I was escaping for the bathroom and would grab the waitress on the way back. Of course, this was a fib. I knew I was buying them lunch since the moment we had the plans... I won't get too sappy but Berocka has been through it all when getting the Bana experience.. The good, the bad, the rants and all.. and outside of that and VHL, we have maintained a good relationship despite him not being on Seattle. He, like many from the bigger dynasty day members, are very important to me. I keep in contact with most Bears, new and old, fairly regularly. He says I'm one of the nicest blokes but him and his family were such amazing, kind and welcoming people.. and their little one was so adorable, well behaved and such a smart little guy! As we were leaving, my partner and myself mentioned to one another how similar they were in some ways and how we wished we would have either a) had more time or b) chosen Brissie as our stomping grounds to adventure. One final time, but thank you to your wife and family for sharing a table and some amazing food/moments with us!

P.S Our photos from the security cameras from sitting at the table are now posted on the restaurants walls. #Dine&DashDownUnder

image.thumb.png.271840101d8b204499529237f4a73324.png