Season 40: Goodbye Vasteras

Victor

• Admin

The Vasteras Iron Eagles have been a staple of the VHL for 40 seasons of its existence, almost. They relocated briefly to Madrid from Seasons 16 to 20 and it was a bit of a failure. However, despite winning a second Continental Cup in Season 26, 25 seasons after its first, Vasteras continued being the league's laughing stock, even inspiring its own emoticon. :fuckvas:

Thus, the ordeal must come to an end and what better time to do so than during the VHL's 40th anniversary. As the Iron Eagles start a new rebuild under new management, the Board of Governors, the blue team and the team's very own GM Benoit Prevost (boubabi) have agreed to relocate Vasteras, with the new team beginning operations immediately after the conclusion of Season 40. Consider it a substitute for expansion. We wish the best of luck to the organisation moving forward and for the remainder of this regular season, savour the last moments of Vasteras in the VHL - the league wouldn't have been quite the same without it.

As for the new name and logo, the wonderful boubabi has sorted that out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0Jj_JjSO8

That logo is amazing. Finally this gets announced, I was half expecting to open this page up and see a post by Victor that simply said "soon." :P 

Good luck in Stockholm Boubabi, when I'm done with Laich I think this may be my new number one destination. 

• Commissioner

I said it when they moved to Madrid and I'll say it again, it's going to be weird in a VHL without Vasteras but it's the right decision. Especially this time around with a nice logo, logical placement and good name. Toronto and Calgary now stand alone as the only teams to never change names or cities.

• Admin

I said it when they moved to Madrid and I'll say it again, it's going to be weird in a VHL without Vasteras but it's the right decision. Especially this time around with a nice logo, logical placement and good name. Toronto and Calgary now stand alone as the only teams to never change names or cities.

Quebec and Cologne tbh. :P

Great job with the logo, even though the shields at the side of the ship looked like the eyes of a madman in the beginning of the video :D

I'm still not the biggest fan of the "Vikings" name, but a new name and identity should do wonders for this team and I wish you the best of the luck with the franchise :)

Color scheme is pretty cool imo. Finally, the team doesn't have the Vasteras color attached to it and we'll see jersey change from the panthers, the blackhawks the flames etc

Edited by boubabi