VSN Presents: S91 VHL Awards

image.png.724e35b656b3a5cb7e39c88d55bce9be.png

The award everyone has been waiting for, The Scotty Campbell Trophy, is awarded to the VHL’s most valuable player each season. This past season 4 players stood ahead of everyone else and were some of the main reasons for their team’s success, they were; Leandro Goncalves @leandrofg, this past season Goncalves led the league in points with 112, and was the top of the league in goals with 55. Scotty Sundin @fromtheinside was the driving force behind Chicago last season which saw them finish 3rd in the North American conference and picked up 26 more points than their next closest teammate. Joel Castle @animal74, who put together a spectacular season between the pipes and helped Toronto keep in the playoff race and was 2nd in almost every goalie stat.  Our final nominee is none other than Henry Tucker Jr @NSG, who propelled Riga into the playoffs, and was the backbone of their Victory Cup push. The wait is over, time to name the season 91 VHL MVP, the winner of the Scotty Campbell Trophy is…

Spoiler

Scotty Sundin!

Sundin - 11, Castle/Goncalves/Tucker - 0

image.png.37142c60e4303829183070d00a85fdcd.png

All-VHL First Team

:dav: Leandro Goncalves @leandrofg:chi: Scotty Sundin @fromtheinside:ldn: Molly the Cat @JCarson

:la: Elias Lampi @Pifferfish:mal: Skor McFleury @Alex

:ldn: Jesse Teno @aimkin

All-VHL Second Team

:hel: Landon Wolanin @jacobcarson877 - :rig: AK92 wit da Hoodie @hedgehog337:la: Larry Abass Jr @RileyL

:dav: Jake Thunder @Thunder:hel: Kronchy Kardashian @Garsh

:tor: Joel Castle @animal74

All-VHL Rookie Team

:mos: Axle Gunner @Steve:rig: Shubham Anand @Will3:sea: Severus Targaryen @Banackock

:sea: Simons Worst Nightmare @zepheter:mos: Obuz Schneider Canet du Bocage @Grape

:chi: Ryan Artyomov @Enorama

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

image.png.2d24927a67ec580361ea002fe0252c6a.png

The lone playoff-related playoff award, the Daisuke Kanou Trophy recognises the playoff MVP. This season we saw a forward take the league by storm and guide Toronto to the finals and eventually a Cup! That forward was none other than Mac Atlas @v.2 , who led Toronto in points with 29, almost 2 points per game! The other player that made a huge impact on Toronto’s success was none other than Joel Castle @animal74 who posted a 0.939 SV% and a 2.02 GAA. It is also important to look at Tomas Sogaard @Brandon who had 12 goals and 22 points for Toronto. For Helsinki Fuuka Rask @Jubis made all the difference during their run with a 0.938 SV% and a 2.31 GAA. The winner of the Season 91 Daisuke Kanou Trophy is…

Hide contents

Joel Castle!

Castle 8, Atlas 5, Sogaard/Rask 0

image.png.d3a51394a1e853cb0040340615c2c2d8.png

I don't envy the voters on this one, it was a hard choice between Mac and Joel! Both were very worthy choices for our playoff run!

2 hours ago, Alex said:

The winner of the Season 91 Daisuke Kanou Trophy is…

Hide contents

Joel Castle!

Thank you for not only this award - my first individual award of any kind (with my fourth player) - but also the three other nominations! This Kanou Trophy could not have been possible without the rest of my Legion teammates. I honestly thought Atlas @v.2  and I might split the vote. 

Congrats to all the other winners, especially @Gaikoku-hito and @Pifferfish!

Also, @Alex, great ceremony!!

3 hours ago, Alex said:

image.png.92c394944bfc49f07dd2d7e2a447af9e.png

Possibly the most important award we will discuss this evening, the Fredrik Elmebeck Memorial Trophy is sometimes referred to as the ‘top member award’ as it is awarded to the member that goes above and beyond each season to make the league a better place for everyone involved. This season we had 4 nominees;

@Gaikoku-hito - VSN, engagement with league, AGM, helpful and friendly

@Jason kranz - fantasy zone, active around various Discords, AGM, helpful and friendly

@Subject056 - face of recruitment, good work there

@Zetterberg - recruitment/retention efforts with individuals, GM

The winner of this season’s Fredrik Elmebeck Memorial Trophy is…

Reveal hidden contents

@Gaikoku-hito!!

Gaikoku - 6, Subject - 3, Jason - 2, Zetterberg - 0

Wow, As I mentioned elsewhere I never even expected to be nominated for such an Award but to actually win the Frederik Elmebeck Trophy is such a humbling honor. Thank you for everyone that voted and nominated me.

Also I hope everyone takes the time to congratulate the other for even being nominated for this award in @Jason kranz, @Subject056 and @Zetterberg as they are all outstanding members of our community. I hope you all continue to make the VHL community a great place to visit, chat and generally spend our time.

6 hours ago, Alex said:

image.png.dc05d797d4b4d24759e85dd23289b9f9.png

The Dustin Funk is awarded to that season's most improved player, this season we had a lot of players take a huge step forward. For this award each VHL GM can nominate 1 player from their own team, this ensures that no player is overlooked in any way. This can lead to a crowded field and with that it was narrowed down to two finalists, who stood out above the rest. These were:

S90: Legacy Gaming @Gaming Ringleader (HSK) - 13G, 24A, 37P, 13, 11PIM, 33HIT, 15SB

S91: Legacy Gaming (CHI) - 39G, 47A, 86P, 5, 62PIM, 192HIT, 40SB

S90: Francesco Mancini @GioSivo (NYA) - 20G, 19A, 39P, -30, 38PIM, 131HIT, 33SB

S91: Francesco Mancini (NYA) - 47G, 54A, 101P, 3, 47PIM, 112HIT, 70SB

And the winner is…

Hide contents

Francesco Mancini!!

Mancini - 10, Gaming - 1

image.png.083a0cfbb362914f5e7b2eb975aadc87.png

Ronaldo Award GIF by Feluko