Minor Changes going into S93

Beketov

• Commissioner

Hello VHL,

Not even gonna bother with a members tag on this one since it's pretty minor stuff but for the sake of transparency I'm announcing it anyway; the @BOG is still tackling bigger problems but we do love to discuss random small stuff too.

First up, goalies are just too damn good! Okay that's a bit of an exaggeration but because goalies weren't touched when we nerfed the meta and skaters got a bit worse they have been running away with things a bit more than historically. Save percentages have been climbing, Playoff MVP is almost a foregone conclusion, etc. We could change this with huge sweeping changes to goalie stats and adding hybrid attributes and all that, and that's still on the table for testing as a future option, but it's a bit more complicated than what we realistically need right now. From our testing we can bring goalie stats back down to more of historical averages, without making scoring go too insane, by simply adjusting the goals slider inside the sim. This means the amount of shots won't increase (at least not substantially anyway) but the amount of goals will. As always we aren't going to publicly reveal what our slider settings are but we felt like the league should at least know it's getting adjusted so they aren't confused as to why scoring increases. The slider change will impact all 3 levels of the VHL so the VHLE and VHLM will get it as well for consistency.

Second, and this one honestly doesn't come up a ton but it's best to get it in writing: We are formalizing that during the week you re-create you are allowed to max earn (that's 12 capped TPE per week) on both your retiring player and your new player. The caveat to this is that you still cannot claim the same task multiple times. So for example if you have job pay and a media spot on your retiring player in a given week and you re-create you cannot claim that same job pay or media spot on the new player. You can write a new media spot, it doesn't need to be a different kind of task, but it needs to be a new task. Does that make sense? We've kinda been doing this for a bit anyway but there was some confusion around it so we figured it was best to clarify. Also, before anyone asks, for multi-week claims you can still use the same task but need to use a new claim week. So for example if you have a 2000 word media spot and you claim week 1 on your retiring player you can claim week 2 during the same week on your new player and then have 2 weeks left. Each claim effectively is just treated as a new task, the same as it is any other time.

Like I said, minor stuff but there it is, enjoy.

- @Commissioner

• Commissioner
29 minutes ago, aimkin said:

page remains GIF

*Teno

To be fair every goalie will get nerfed at exactly the same rate. If everyone gets worse, no one gets worse.

21 minutes ago, Spartan said:

League nerfs skaters when I make a skater, then goalies when I make a goalie. Rigged shit smh

Time to retired our goalie then 

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Honestly I think people are vastly overestimating how damaging this will be to goalies, it’s not that substantial.

We def are over or nothing 

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Honestly I think people are vastly overestimating how damaging this will be to goalies, it’s not that substantial.

They could be chopped quite a bit and still be fine. The numbers are crazy high… the odd are fine. Those goalies happen.. but lots are posting. Bums hurt.

I think my next player will be a goalie. Been almost 50 seasons. 

8 hours ago, Spartan said:

League nerfs skaters when I make a skater, then goalies when I make a goalie. Rigged shit smh

This is just me playing 4D chess having done it the other way around. Vandelay created immediately before hybrid attributes and dipped right before the nerf...though I guess that doesn't mean I accomplished anything.

16 hours ago, Spartan said:

Since we happen to be in the same draft classes, kindly let me know for my next player what your intention is for recreate, so I know what not to opt for. ;)

10 hours ago, Pifferfish said:

I make a goalie and Bek nerfs me immediately, I see how it is

Had to report the performance in Philadelphia. The hate must continue

• 2 weeks later...