S46 VHL & VHLM Awards List

Higgins

38 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Daisuke Kanou Trophy - Playoff MVP

KLOSE, Christoph (HSK) - 9GP, 3G, 6A, 9P, +0, 38PIM, 32HIT, 4SB, 1GWG

KOPONEN, Aleksi (HSK) - 9GP, 4G, 8A, 12P, +6, 2PIM, 2HIT, 6SB, 1GWG

There is my ballot because I don't put people on it that don't deserve it even if I don't hit 3 or 4 people.

Lol you put on a guy with 0 rating and 38 PIM?

2 minutes ago, sterling said:

Pretty weak you're taking info from a private forum and posting it here to shame him. At the end of the day that is irrelevant to Tyler winning

Sure, but acknowledging it (which had already been done) is no different.  The point was (or at least should have been) more that GM's need to look at things closer.

I attacked Eagles perhaps more than I should have, but when the first post directed to me from me is calling me a jackass, I will respond as such.  

It was less about "shaming him" and more about making the point that it was unnecessary for certain players to be on there. 

2 minutes ago, sterling said:

Pretty weak you're taking info from a private forum and posting it here to shame him. At the end of the day that is irrelevant to Tyler winning

To be fair that was only a single post, and the entire topic of the conversation almost instantly switched. I still maintain that there was some bias from Eagles, and as I stated that is fine. Bias exists. Almost everyone gets it at some point about something. Whether that means it's for a friend, or maybe they are attached to a specific player or member. Or the most common form, as different people we all value different things in STHS. Is more goals or more assists more important? Is how that player attained those goals important, or is the end number all that matters? These are all questions we deal with, and that is fine.

However it is clear that the integrity of the award was compromised with the selection here, which is why I felt SOMETHING needed to be posted on it. I wouldn't really call it shaming either. Calling someone out for something whether it happened in private or not shouldn't be out of the question. It isn't like we are saying "hey you, bad member." You can sit here and quote all our responses to him directly, but he was clearly being ignorant in those posts so we responded in kind. 

At the end of the day, I'm fine with us looking at a potential solution that involves an award committee, or a forum for GM's to be discussing/justifying votes if need be. While as you said previously, the butthurt won't end, and that is fine...the idea is to ensure what happened here with the playoff MVP does not happen again. Butthurt because there is more than one deserving candidate is one thing, but people who have really no business of winning an award shouldn't win it. 

With that said, I appreciate the better thought out response Eagles (and Toast) and I can completely understand burning through awards quick, it happens. 

5 minutes ago, sterling said:

Lol you put on a guy with 0 rating and 38 PIM?

You're in the BOG right? Where's your ballot? Oh wait, you didn't do your job and actually submit one.

Maybe before criticizing others ballots, do your own next time.

As for mine, yes I put the guy who was second on his team in scoring and led his team in hits on the ballot.  Yes, I didn't put anyone from the team who lost in five games on mine.  Why? Because none of them deserved it.  In a playoff run that saw mediocre goaltending, the Titans deserved to see a couple of their leading offensive contributors recognized.

Just now, Advantage said:

You're in the BOG right? Where's your ballot? Oh wait, you didn't do your job and actually submit one.

As for mine, yes I put the guy who was second on his team in scoring and led his team in hits on the ballot.  Yes, I didn't put anyone from the team who lost in five games on mine.  Why? Because none of them deserved it.  In a playoff run that saw mediocre goaltending, the Titans deserved to see a couple of their leading offensive contributors recognized.

Hey, I didn't do a ballot either. Mostly because by the time I sat down to do it it was already past. :P 

Yeah this didn't really need six pages. I don't really think changes are that necessary either. I just think GMs should pay more attention next time.

Honestly, usually the stats at hand are a pretty good indicator of award-winning. I also like to look at stats relative to the rest of their team, like GWGs and +/-, and yes, for playoff MVP I'd look at each segment of playoffs. Other than that, the ones listed are pretty important in deciding who should win.

But let's not forget that this was a very uncommon season in which we had a VHLM-type playoff match-up. If Calgary played an actual competitive team in the first round, this wouldn't even be an argument right now. Ideally, going forward we have very few situations where a team as bad as Toronto makes playoffs, and if we do, GMs next time will know to take that into account. That's all. No need to beat it to death with 700 posts.

Edited by JardyB10

1 hour ago, Advantage said:

I've never done one. I'm merely pointing out that it's subjective boy

4 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

This isn't about butthurt though. Give your head a shake. Kendrick, myself, Advantage, do you think any of us have some bias towards Draper winning the award? Denis played for Chris at one point, and all of us like Tyler. It has zero to do with butthurt.

A serious award that could have impact on hall of fame implications (especially early into Koponens career) was given to a false candidate who had really no legitimate claim to the award. That sir, is a problem. I don't care how old school or wise you are if you can't see the issue at hand, then get your glasses checked. 

It's not really like Koponen had that outstanding of a showing in the playoffs, though. Like, in all honesty, I think Miller or O'Malley deserve it more than him, so if winning this award would be the difference between him not making the HoF and him making it, then it's a good thing he didn't win it because he doesn't deserve it either.

4 hours ago, Ragequit said:

Daisuke Kanou Trophy - Playoff MVP

COTE, Tyler (CGY) - 13GP, 6G, 13A, 19P, +16, 4PIM, 19HIT, 5SB, 1GWG

DENIS, Milo (CGY) - 13GP, 10G, 12A, 22P, +17, 0PIM, 1HIT, 3SB, 1GWG

GOW, Bernie (CGY) - 13GP, 9-4-0, .917SV%, 2.06GAA, 2SO, 351SA

KLOSE, Christoph (HSK) - 9GP, 3G, 6A, 9P, +0, 38PIM, 32HIT, 4SB, 1GWG

KOPONEN, Aleksi (HSK) - 9GP, 4G, 8A, 12P, +6, 2PIM, 2HIT, 6SB, 1GWG

STROPKO, Brady (CGY) - 13GP, 7G, 12A, 19P, +17, 18PIM, 38HIT, 5SB, 1GWG

Can someone in their right mind explain to me where the fuck O'Malley and Miller are?

wtfffffffffffffffff

1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

No one cares about Miller's 7 goals, 4 of them being clutch. The Drapist had an additional point on him!

Yeah, and while Miller may have had 23 hits, he wasn't man enough to take 33 like Koponen was!