S46 VHL & VHLM Awards List

Higgins

Just to further my point, Denis had 13 points in 4 games vs Toronto.  He was under a point per game against New York and Helsinki.

Great job voting once again though.  He really carried the Wranglers the whole playoffs.....right to a five game loss at the hands of Koponen's Titans.

Edited by Advantage

3 hours ago, Advantage said:

Am I the only one wondering how we are giving the loser of the cup finals playoff mvp..especially when we know they benefitted from playing a weaker Toronto.

There are at least 4 people who think the same ha.

7 hours ago, Advantage said:

Am I the only one wondering how we are giving the loser of the cup finals playoff mvp..especially when we know they benefitted from playing a weaker Toronto.

The embarrassing thing is I'm pretty sure I even joked about this in a podcast. I think I said something along the lines of "Calgary could get eliminated in the second round and a couple of their players would still have MVP numbers."

Pretty shameful tbqhimo. Almost as bad as inactives getting votes/winning in the VHLM. But I can't complain about that as much because I was AWOL on voting. :x

9 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

At least you got votes. #leaguebias

Hey, I didn't sweep Labatte Trophy and I pretty much led every category in it. So there will always be someone with a childish hatred for people that comes before their integrity as a GM.

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, boubabi said:

Since when we have to think for awards ballot? Because I thought it was the standard for a couple seasons recently.

Welp now that it has effected me it must be time to establish an awards committee

Just another example of why voting needs to be taken far more seriously.  Like I said in league voting, being ridiculously biased to your team can lead to things like this.  It's ridiculous.

Just like Austin's ballot:

Daisuke Kanou Trophy - Playoff MVP

COTE, Tyler (CGY) - 13GP, 6G, 13A, 19P, +16, 4PIM, 19HIT, 5SB, 1GWG

DENIS, Milos (CGY) - 13GP, 10G, 12A, 22P, +17, 0PIM, 1HIT, 3SB, 1GWG

GOW, Bernie (CGY) - 13GP, 9-4-0, .917SV%, 2.06GAA, 2SO, 351SA

KOPONEN, Aleksi (HSK) - 9GP, 4G, 8A, 12P, +6, 2PIM, 2HIT, 6SB, 1GWG

But hey...I guess when you lose in five games you deserve playoff MVP.  What a joke.

Also, congrats to the other, legit winners. O'Malley really is legend, another dominating season. Some tight awards here too, I thought Klose would get a few more votes for the Boulet, but Karnage is still a solid candidate for the award.