S46 VHL & VHLM Awards List

Higgins

For the record of the unknowing I also didn't do my job as BoG and help narrow down the voting. Although, it's like Power said, by the time I got to it it was too late. I actually sat down and started narrowing it down and was about to post it before I realized the vote was done. :lol: Not really an excuse I suppose. I should have figured it out. 

If there ends up being an Award Committee, I'll definitely join.

The Awards committee will consist of myself, eagles, boubabi, Ahma and DAAD. The Blue team(yes, I speak for them) believes that group to be the least biased and most qualified members who will vote impartially to ensure that the VHL can be assured that the awards are assigned to the very best nominees.

43 minutes ago, boom said:

The Awards committee will consist of myself, eagles, boubabi, Ahma and DAAD. The Blue team(yes, I speak for them) believes that group to be the least biased and most qualified members who will vote impartially to ensure that the VHL can be assured that the awards are assigned to the very best nominees.

Sounds good. But I dont know if you're serious.

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Just based on the stat line right?

Based on how this is all so subjective and you could argue the significance of any of the numbers. Members also value the significance of categories entirely differently. I don't think the bashing I've seen some members take is entirely warranted. 

25 minutes ago, Knight said:

Based on how this is all so subjective and you could argue the significance of any of the numbers. Members also value the significance of categories entirely differently. I don't think the bashing I've seen some members take is entirely warranted. 

True but at the same time, strength of teams can be thrown into the discussion.

Toronto would have been shit without Molholt last season. Parechkin likely would not have won Stolzschweiger without Moltholt beside him last season. It's kind of a given. Molholt did play like an MVP, although I might not have voted for him either because IMO guys out-shining others on a stronger team is more MVP-like in this simulator.

If this was the real NHL and a guy like Molholt killed it and brought his team to the playoffs, he'd probably win the award there.

That being said, with me on the awards committee anybody not named Parechkin who wins an award will be bullshit. Wingate best goalie? Bullshit. Parechkin, IMO.

^ that's a joke.