HSK/NYA ; S51 off-season

Higgins

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, Mr. Power said:

Oh pish posh. We've allowed trades featuring teams out of the playoffs during the finals for ages. :P 

We have? It's never happened in my tenure, in fact I voided SEA/COL a few hours ago :P 

6.5 - Trade Deadline

After the trade deadline (approximately Game 280) teams are not allowed to make trades until after the last game of the playoffs.

Just now, Draper said:

We have? It's never happened in my tenure, in fact I voided SEA/COL a few hours ago :P 

6.5 - Trade Deadline

After the trade deadline (approximately Game 280) teams are not allowed to make trades until after the last game of the playoffs.

Yes we have. I'm sure of it. I recall it happening a few times actually and if I remember the Admin at the time simply said that it wasn't a huge deal if it was happening with teams not currently involved in the finals. I'm pretty sure it has only happened during the finals not the rest of the playoffs though. 

1 minute ago, gregreg said:

No idea why you would void them either. They're going to be done when the playoffs are over anyways. 

Exactly. Also last I checked both the VHL and VHLM missed more than a single day of sims that was never caught up. We are literally "one official day" from the seasons end. Come on Blue Team, lets end this fucking season already enough of these jokes. You can't tell me people are sitting there going "man I really want to wait 24 hours to repost all this because I want to sleep in anticipating for Game 7." 

• Admin

And there is more logic to not allowing trades during playoffs than to allowing them.

1. A GM of a team in the finals might not be planning or even know their off-season plans before they know if they won or not. They are unlikely to be as involved in negotiations as eliminated teams' GMs and as this isn't the NHL life, you can't expect people to be constantly "working the phones" even if they are still in the playoffs

2. As a result, some trades may well be sealed because of less competition. I doubt this was the case in such an inconsequential trade but it is possible that if Toronto or Riga wanted a piece from Helsinki, New York would have found it more difficult to acquire it. By allowing mid-playoff trades, New York gets that advantage by virtue of being less good than Toronto and Riga.

3. The Hamilton and Kyanon rights trade was particularly bad as if it was processed, you're basically saying that Seattle can gain an advantage and speak to two FAs now while Toronto or Riga, even if they wanted to make a similar trade, would have to wait 2-3 days.

Meanwhile, the counter-argument is "oh but we're so bored, sim all the games today, and let's start the off-season". How about suck less?