The Boy Who Cried Wolf confirms exit.

BOOM

I was going to write to individual members but decided "fuck that", so decided to say goodbye to the entire VHL...even to those who can't stand me.

I've been in sim leagues since 2003(Jay Soester's ASFL) and after 14 years it's time to farewell my final sim league. The VHL has been the best, from both admin and personal achievement perspectives and I've made a few friends here that I hope will stay in touch now and then. I gradually killed off my sim players at the end of 2016 from SHL, SBA and leaving only Odinsson, who is now a distant memory as far as I'm concerned. With regards to his retirement, it's ironic that the one player I was intent on being a 1 team guy for as long as possible, was the guy GM's felt was great trade bait. Higgins asked if I'd stay in Helsinki and I agreed, but then changed his mind and decided a full rebuild was preferred. Fair enough and at least he asked if I had any preferred teams to go to. Then I got to Quebec and was OK with that...until I logged on and saw I'd been traded to Seattle, and yes, the Bears were one of the teams I asked Higgins to avoid initially. Oh well, tough shit. For whatever reason, I never really felt at home in the Bears LR and it may have contributed to my decision to retire and quit the VHL but it was never the sole reason. I started out rough with my first player being a 0 TPE loser, but I'd like to think I progressed with Boomchenko->Tordahl->Koenig although my lofty ambitions for Odinsson were always doomed to fail if I'm being honest.

I'd like to thank all those who took the time to get to know me outside of the "Boob Threads" especially those who I've skyped or live chatted with about shit outside the VHL. It's been a pleasure getting to know you and I honestly hope that you guys enjoy life and achieve success on both a personal and professional level.

To STZ and the mag guys, thanks for the effort you go to on a weekly basis to produce interesting mag content and give the VHL something to look at and enjoy. Nice work guys.

To those who work to run the league, including admin, simmers, graders and updaters, thanks for the effort. It often a thankless task and that's a shame because it wouldn't be much of a sim without your input and work. I tried to thank you guys sometimes, and if it appeared stupid, so be it, but I always appreciated you.

To everyone who's had the fortune/misfortune to be my GM(god help you), thanks for having faith in me, however misguided, and I apologize if you were one of the many GM's who felt I screwed you via FA or some other shitty move...like retiring. You were all pretty good to play for and all the best with future Continental Cup attempts.

To everyone I was on a roster with, thanks for your effort and attempts to keep LR's active and interesting. You probably kept me from doing this earlier in all probability.

Goodbye guys...and good luck. It's been a pleasure.

tumblr_mv224mHvmk1rhtwg1o1_r1_400.gif

Sorry to see you go man. I'll never look at Demi Moore or a celery bat the same way again.

Truthfully I thought I was out a year ago, and though I'm not saying I expect you to change your mind, I sincerely hope you do. If you come back I'll be super psyched. If not I hope life treats you well.

Just remember you always have a home here...unless Vasteras wins again because then I'm tearing the whole fucking thing down.

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

Good luck man, was a privilege to GM you and I sincerely apologise that me stepping down started the chain reaction that ended with you being on a team you hated and leaving :( All the best

That was unfortunate, but no blame on you now that I look back. No apology needed.

Good luck with everything, man. I really do hope you have a change of heart down the road or at least come back to say hi. You're one of the coolest people I've met on the internet, it's been great being on your team, getting to know ya, and hangin out with you on the site.

In regards to the Mag, I really can't say anything but thanks. You've been connected with the Magazine with me since the old site where you were photoshopping ads. After we evolved it into a Mag Job for moment of the week, you were the most reliable mag member during my tenure. 

Can't say enough about you as a member of the community and person.. I hope this isn't permenant, but if it is, thanks for everything..

• Head Moderator

Should just come hang out with pension! Can sit in chat like me and accost the occasion person coming by.

That being said was fun being with your players @R.I.P. Boom® Always the optimist and was great having you in the LR regardless of what was going on.

(Did not know about this kangaroo farm though, me wants to go now!)

See you around!

I think often times we put the most pressure on ourselves and I believe at times you did the same. I don't think I ran across any Sim League member who had it out for you or didn't care for you. Thanks for being yourself, an honest man with his emotions on his sleeves. I bid you farewell in your future and I will always be around to chat. Take care my friend!

Edited by Kendrick

I echo the many great sentiments here. You were a fantastic core member of this league, and a someone I felt lucky enough to consider a friend. I wish you best in your life adventures, and if we do happen to see you one day down the road, I would welcome it with arms as wide open as possible. 

Thanks for sharing some of your life and time with us sir, it was genuinely appreciated. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

I echo the many great sentiments here. You were a fantastic core member of this league, and a someone I felt lucky enough to consider a friend. I wish you best in your life adventures, and if we do happen to see you one day down the road, I would welcome it with arms as wide open as possible. 

Thanks for sharing some of your life and time with us sir, it was genuinely appreciated. 

Senor-Chang.gif