Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1. Like hot garbage.  I'm looking forward to it ending.

2. Not really.  It's been silent for a few seasons now, so I'm not surprised.

3. Its hard to say.  Maybe ask again during next season, as I dont follow the junior league.

4. I dont really know, I'm not in other circles and not involved in conversations.

5.  Maybe Calgary.  Derphorse logo wearing could be fun.

6.  Rayz Funk's 4 Kanou trophies.  What a stud.

Season 83 Playoffs Presser Edition

1. Toronto enters the playoffs as the #2 seed in the North American Conference, and will be playing the Calgary Wranglers following the Wild Card round. How are you feeling entering the post-season?

2. What was the most shocking development in the VHL now that the regular season has played out?

3. How did the VHFL go for you this season?

4. Have you gotten any love in VHL Theme Week articles?

5. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much does pollen suck?

6. What do you think the single most difficult thing to do is in any sport?

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

1. Toronto enters the playoffs as the #2 seed in the North American Conference, and will be playing the Calgary Wranglers following the Wild Card round. How are you feeling entering the post-season?

2. What was the most shocking development in the VHL now that the regular season has played out?

1) I'm feeling good! We had a strong season and should be looking to maintain that moving into the postseason

2) Honestly, I'm surprised I did so well. I've rarely been setting the pace for points like I did this season, can't thank the players surrounding me enough for it.

3) Really well! Second in my group

4) A few mentions :) Always nice to see the positive impact people feel I've had on them; it's what I endeavor to be. 

5) 1! Pollen is a vital aspect of life

6) I think accepting defeat. 

Hopefully I can contribute more during the playoffs and not just be a passenger.  If not, I have some things to consider.

No idea what you're talking about exactly, so I cannot comment.

I didn't participate...

Nope.

Maybe a 6, it sucks for some, rarely affects me though.

To start being consistent and to continue being consistent after taking punches, sometimes beatings.

Season 83 Playoffs: Conference Finals Edition!

1. After Calgary had the edge in the regular season series, Toronto pulled off the sweep to punch their ticket to the North American Conference Finals. What led to the big turnaround?

2. Rookie Weenuk Warrior had a huge series against Calgary, tied for the team lead with six points, including the clutch game-winning goal in overtime of Game Two. Can this unlikely hero continue their heroics?

3. To you, what was the biggest moment of the series?

4. What was or is your favorite cartoon?

5. What is your favorite tradition in sports?

6. You are suddenly being attacked by a crazed Seattle Bears fan, you can only defend yourself with the nearest object to your left. Do you got this?

1. everyone performed well, goalie and offense too deadly 

2. lets hope i do

3. game 2 with the first start and game winning goal

4. still gottta be pokemon

5.  think just the handshake after a series. feels good moment

6. big jug of water

1. Starts and ends with Lindy in the crease. He doesn't stand on his head, we don't win a couple of those games.

2. He absolutely can. Dude has been a jolt of energy for us and we absolutely can see it continuing. 

3. Don't mean to tug my own horn here, but me jumping in on the rush after coming out of the box in game 2 OT and getting the primary apple on the game winner was probably the coolest thing I have ever done. 

4. Attack on Titan, only show I've ever been able to rewatch that isn't a miniseries.  

5. The passing of the cup. Nothing makes a grown man cry like seeing events like Borque's legendary lift, Konstantinov taking a lap in his wheelchair, or Ovi's scream.

6. They seem to be weak to brooms, so yeah I got this.

10 hours ago, Doomsday said:

Season 83 Playoffs: Conference Finals Edition!

1. After Calgary had the edge in the regular season series, Toronto pulled off the sweep to punch their ticket to the North American Conference Finals. What led to the big turnaround?

2. Rookie Weenuk Warrior had a huge series against Calgary, tied for the team lead with six points, including the clutch game-winning goal in overtime of Game Two. Can this unlikely hero continue their heroics?

6. You are suddenly being attacked by a crazed Seattle Bears fan, you can only defend yourself with the nearest object to your left. Do you got this?

1 - Confidence. The Legion are a confident, if surly, group, when it comes to other teams threatening their success.

2 - Stranger things have happened for sure. I hope he can!

3 - I'm gonna reference the goal you mentioned above - OT GWG is pretty big

4 - As a kid, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I started getting into anime more when I was 16, and there's too much good stuff out there to pick.

5 - NHL handshake line, easily.

6 - Well, either a couch cushion, or, if I look beyond it, a 300 piece jigsaw puzzle. Unless they're vampires and cursed with extreme OCD, allowing me to throw the puzzle on the floor, which would require them to pick up each piece and count them as they go, I think I'm done for.

We got hot at the right time.  It was a solid, honest, and determined team effort.

Been a big part of the team as a rookie, and the performance is there.  So yeah, there's always a chance a hot streak can continue into stardom.

The final seconds of the fourth game.  It was surreal that we had that drive to compete hard.

Depends what you mean by cartoon... if anime counts, I'll say Initial D

The euphoric moments after a championship victory.  

Uh, maybe?

Toronto Legion S84 Off-Season Presser:

1. The Seattle Bears won the Continental Cup following a wild series with the Moscow Menace that went to Game Seven. Who made the difference in that series?

2. Ryuji Sakamoto @der meister is getting the call to the VHL this season!! What kind of impact will he have with Toronto this season?

3. What member of the Toronto Legion is poised to make the biggest improvement to their game this season?

4. What's your favorite summertime activity?

5. Who's an athlete in a different sports league that you think could maybe play minor league hockey?

6. What's the most absurd story of 2022 you've seen so far?

1 - I have to confess I didn't pay any attention to it, but I'm happy with the result. I'm pretty sure I predicted Seattle in 7.

2 - Hopefully a big one!

3 - is it fair to say everyone? We should all strive for constant improvement. 

4 - Staying in my basement where it's cool lol 

5 - I honestly don't follow any other sports. How about Yao Ming, as a goalie? 

6 - Jesus Christ there's been so many. How about yesterday, with a bunch of domestic terrorists storming a library in California during Story Time with Drag Queens to yell slurs at the Drag Queens in front of children. You know, to protect the children. Or something.

Toronto Legion S84 Off-Season Presser:

1. The Seattle Bears won the Continental Cup following a wild series with the Moscow Menace that went to Game Seven. Who made the difference in that series?

Probably no one, they won as a team unit.  They're that good.

2. Ryuji Sakamoto @der meister is getting the call to the VHL this season!! What kind of impact will he have with Toronto this season?

I'm sure he'll have an immediate impact, no doubt.  He's shown consistency so that's a positive for us.

3. What member of the Toronto Legion is poised to make the biggest improvement to their game this season?

It's anyone's guess, really.  I think we've all proven ourselves in the past so it's a matter of playing a solid 72 straight games.

4. What's your favorite summertime activity?

Whatever involves soaking in the sun

5. Who's an athlete in a different sports league that you think could maybe play minor league hockey?

Oof, uh, maybe Luka Doncic?

6. What's the most absurd story of 2022 you've seen so far?

Wow, there's too many to choose from, but they're equally all absurd.  Maybe giving like 50 billion taxpayer dollars to Ukraine and ignoring their own people and not producing oil while trying to strike deals with the middle east?

Season 84: VHL Draft Edition:

1. With the 9th overall pick, Toronto snagged C Tyler Busser @lll, providing an energetic presence to the team already off of the ice and promising to be a big part of the team's future. What kind of impact can we look forward to on the ice from him in S85?

2. In the second round, Toronto grabbed LW Cole Caufield Jr @weekz, adding even more depth to the Legion's prospect pool at forward. What sets Caufield Jr apart from the others?

3. Several picks later at 29th overall, Zach Whelan @DontCallMeCarson joined the Toronto Legion, adding more depth the blue line prospects with Ryuji Sakamoto making the pro roster this season. What kind of value could Toronto get from Whelan in the future?

4. Who's your favorite personality in the Toronto system?

5. Do you have any emoticon suggestions for the Toronto Discord?

6. What is your proudest achievement in the VHL (with any player)?

1 -  I have high hopes for all of the players we just drafted, to be honest. I think he definitely has future number 1 center potential.

2 - Being a second generation player 😛

3 - Sky's the limit. As long as Zach keeps training hard, he can be a huge piece for this franchise.

4 - There's a lot, honestly. I'd like to hear from @GrittyIsKingmore often, though.

5 - As a staunch non-discorder...nope.

6 - I think Klose's run was borderline legendary. 5 straight cup finals appearances with 3 different teams is pretty impressive. If Karnage hadn't been scarfing up all the Best Two-Way Forward awards, Klose would have been in the HoF.

Season 84: VHL Draft Edition:

1. With the 9th overall pick, Toronto snagged C Tyler Busser @lll, providing an energetic presence to the team already off of the ice and promising to be a big part of the team's future. What kind of impact can we look forward to on the ice from him in S85?

He could be a stud centerman, he just has to show the VHLE what he can do against stiffer competition.

2. In the second round, Toronto grabbed LW Cole Caufield Jr @weekz, adding even more depth to the Legion's prospect pool at forward. What sets Caufield Jr apart from the others?

Well he's a fan of good hockey, so hopefully he can translate that passion into a solid playstyle.

3. Several picks later at 29th overall, Zach Whelan @DontCallMeCarson joined the Toronto Legion, adding more depth the blue line prospects with Ryuji Sakamoto making the pro roster this season. What kind of value could Toronto get from Whelan in the future?

We will have to see in the future.

4. Who's your favorite personality in the Toronto system?

Armani, he's such a chatty guy, comes up with the most random things that engage people.

5. Do you have any emoticon suggestions for the Toronto Discord?

Maybe more Pepe memes

6. What is your proudest achievement in the VHL (with any player)?

James Rose made it to two straight finals in 77 and 78 with Helsinki and Seattle.  Also winning a Stolzy in S80.  That was nice.

Press conference - 27/06/22

1. (@Frank) Aurélien Moreau has retired! What message of support can you attribute to him?

2. Which player are you looking forward to playing with?

3. According to you? Who would be likely to be your rival?

4. Tommy Julien joined the team as agm! How do you feel about that?

5. The Colorado Avalanche won the Stanley Cup! Are you happy with the result? Or would you like Tampa Bays to win?

6. What is your favorite meal in everyday life?

You win 2 TPE if you answer the 6 questions.

Edited by Agito
Frank retired

25 minutes ago, Agito said:

1. (@Frank) Aurélien Moreau has retired! What message of support can you attribute to him?

5. The Colorado Avalanche won the Stanley Cup! Are you happy with the result? Or would you like Tampa Bays to win?

1. That he did a really nice job with being one of the best all those years, and hope is new player will do the same ! 

2. A player that is good with passing the puck 

3. Hmm really don’t know, but for me every players from the others team are my rivals ! 

4. it’s really nice! I’m sure he will do a nice job 

5. really happy, lekhonen played for them so I was happy that he won the cup after putting hard work! 

6. Pizza for sure haha 

1. (@Frank) Aurélien Moreau has retired! What message of support can you attribute to him? - Aurelien Moreau was a consummate professional in his time with Toronto, and I loved having him here. I really wish we could have kept him for his last season, but the salary cap had other ideas. He was always super helpful and supportive, exactly what you look for in a veteran player, and he will be missed.

2. Which player are you looking forward to playing with? - I am really looking forward to playing with Cole Caufield Jr @weekz, we've worked together before in Saskatoon, but never got to actually play together, so I'm very excited to have him as a teammate now!

3. According to you? Who would be likely to be your rival? - Xavier Booberry @CowboyinAmerica is definitely a friendly rival, we were in the same draft class, played together in Vasteras, and our careers will always be compared as a result. He is basically the bar for me, and I compare my progress constantly to how Booberry is doing. He just set the bar very high last season, and I need to step up and show I can be that good as well.

4. Tommy Julien joined the team as agm! How do you feel about that? - Super excited for it!! He's very knowledgeable, approachable, and eager to to great things here in Toronto. You just can't have enough guys like that in your organization. 

5. The Colorado Avalanche won the Stanley Cup! Are you happy with the result? Or would you like Tampa Bays to win? - I was happy to see Colorado finally get over the hump, they're a great team with some very skilled players, to see them finally get that cup was awesome. Shoutout to former Flyer Nicolas Aube-Kubel for also winning (and denting!) Lord Stanley's Cup!!

6. What is your favorite meal in everyday life? - Buffalo wings will just always hit the spot for me!!

- Frank is well-known in the league, although I don't think I was ever on a team with him. Best of luck moving forward.

- All of them. It's time.

- My draft class had a lot of defensemen at the top, so take your pick.

- I'm not sure who that is, though I'm sure I'll find out.

- I'm glad Colorado won. Kinda sick of Tampa.

- French bread pizza, maybe? Not sure. Too hard to choose. I'm a good cook, though. Lately I've really been in the mood for dirty rice.

On 6/27/2022 at 1:39 PM, Agito said:

1. That he was awesome for us on the Legion and that I wish the best for him

2. Ryuji Sakamoto because I really love Persona

3. The Whole Bears team because they beat us in the playoffs 

4. I am extremely excited to see what he can do going forward 

5. I really did not want a Tampa Bay threepeat so I am extremely happy Colorado won

6. Usually ether pork ribs or chicken wings 

1. (@Frank) Aurélien Moreau has retired! What message of support can you attribute to him?

He's had a great career, shown his stuff the whole time, so yeah all I can say is that he's been a huge leader for last season with his amazing experienced play.

2. Which player are you looking forward to playing with?

Since I'm slotted on the wing this season, just trying new things, maybe Pauly?  He has such a great season last year, would be cool to be a part of it this time.

Everyone that isnt on our team is a rival.  The biggest ones are the battles again our conference.

Landry did a good job getting us all together and on the same page for a good season last season, so I'm anxious to see what he can do now with extra hands on deck.

It was the Avalanches time to win, Tampa had their shot.

Pizza of course.

2 hours ago, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png
You can win 2 TPE by answering the 6 questions
(PS : @Beketov ❤️

1. @BeketovI wish you the best and hope that you can get through this

2. They represent the heart of the city and the strength of the players

3. I am extremely proud of how much of a turnaround the season is for Armani compared to last season

4. The hedt kind of build is one that works best for the kind of player you want to be

5. I am not going to comment much because I am not in a position to, but I wish him luck

6. I don't know enough about any of them to make an accurate assessment of thier abilities or to make a mock draft.

On 7/4/2022 at 9:42 AM, WildfireMicro said:

1. @BeketovI wish you the best and hope that you can get through this

2. They represent the heart of the city and the strength of the players

3. I am extremely proud of how much of a turnaround the season is for Armani compared to last season

4. The hedt kind of build is one that works best for the kind of player you want to be

5. I am not going to comment much because I am not in a position to, but I wish him luck

6. I don't know enough about any of them to make an accurate assessment of thier abilities or to make a mock draft.

On 7/4/2022 at 7:30 AM, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png
You can win 2 TPE by answering the 6 questions
(PS : @Beketov ❤️

1. I support you in what happening and keep the head up! Wishing you the best 

2. I think they are really nice, with the colors blue and white it’s representing Toronto really good 

3. Still a propect for the team, but really happy to see that the boys are doing good job and I hope to help them to continue like that in the future 

4. shooterrrrr ! I think the OV, SS and WS are the best things for that 

5. It’s really bad ! He didn’t deserve that and I hope the people that done that will be punished 

6. for the first pick my team Montreal I hope they will select Cooley, after that wright, slafkovsky, nemec, gauthier