New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of June 19, 2022

1). What are you looking forward to most this off-season?

Season of first!! First game, first point, first goal, first assist, first penalty and ability to hear the crowd cheering in New York. Do they still sing New York, New York during the games? As that will give me chills!! It should be a fun season no matter the outcome. 

2). What role do you see yourself in during S84 in New York's program?  VHL?  VHLE?  Starter?

I am looking to be a support defender after deciding to skip the VHLE (Draft) after skipping the VHLM (Draft) but I stated that last season in Stockholm as well but ended up leading the VHLE in Powerplay goals and then Stockholm in points most of the season. It sort of suggested that I was ready to make the jump to the VHL even last season so hopefully I am correct and I am going to have my first breakout season in the VHL while still a rookie. It is going to be fun and hopefully I don`t get turned too many times.

3). What tournament is there not already that you would like to see?

HC Davos Cup with the top teams from the VHLE, VHL and Team Canada taking part around the middle of the season. Two VHLE teams, Two VHL teams, Team Canada  and  HC Davos.

4). There's only one ice cream bar in the fridge...  mint chocolate chip or rocky road?

I like both so it a harder choice then I was expecting to make in such a short period of time since coming to New York but I am going to have to go with my heart here and take ...... Rocky Road!!

5). What attribute in the new build do you think is underrated?  Overrated?

Haven`t had much time with the new build yet but it seems that passing is still very much overrated and shouldn`t be touched since it create a lot of turn overs since the players with PH & SK are more dominate then ever before but the most underrated attribute is scoring via slap shot and wrist shot as it seems like a lot of players are avoid the aspect of PK and are thinking defense first with the new system; which is normal since it is easier to build but by adding offensive to an unexpected build means they have more opportunity to play a large role on the team.

6). How many states have you been to in the United States?

Feels like a trick question since we will be traveling a lot of the games through-out the season. Unless you mean in real life then I actually haven`t been in that many as we never really travel that much in the states but rather focused more on Canada. I have been across Canada nine time at least and I have been down the West coast of the United States with Washington state being the most common having a cabin in the mountains by Mount Baker. We also traveled down to Oregon, Hawaii (married) and California.

For Week-Ending of June 26, 2022

1). Is there a player in the VHL that you aspire to play like?

2). Your significant other is paying for dinner - seafood or steak restaurant?

3). Citizenship aside, is there another country your player would want to play for?

4). What VHL team do you think needs to improve the most this off-season?

5). Did you play in the VHLE?  Would you skip it next time?

6). What member have you learned more about in the past week?

NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE 

Cal G

Surf N Turf? Best of both worlds ;)

3). Citizenship aside, is there another country your player would want to play for?
Probably Europe, being I do have some family from France, would be cool! 

Probably the one I run (LA). I'd just like to see some vast improvement in skill but we're working on it. Fresh in a rebuild. 

I did, and I loved it. Being I was a VHLE GM I guess I have just loved it since it came into existence so I am not one of the few that dislike it. 

Honestly... no one haha. I haven't really spoke to too many people this week, at least in a 'deep' or 'personal' sense. Just my folks in the LR, and some in the gen chat & gfx chat. 

Honestly Nope but I have had a look at that Reinhart guy on the New York team and we have similar builds at this moment. Maybe I switch to something similar but do I aspire to like him. Heck nah!!

Surf N Turf? Best of both worlds!! 😚 And yes, I copied the answer from above!!

Oh, I cannot copy this answer so I am going to have to answer more honest. Asia since I am living in that part of the world.

LA Stars since they are suppose to be the stars of the league. They have started a rebuild so it will be interesting to see how much they have improved. I guess I could have said New York but I think we have a good core starting from the net out. Now we only need to find a few forwards that can keep up with our defense.

Skipped into the VHLE last season and it was a mixed bag of results since I found the league to lacking considering I lead my team most of the season in points but lets also be honest our team completely under-preformed last year as we should have been fighting for a play-off spot right up until the last part of the season but I think we were done by the trade deadline. I guess you could say I am still skipping the VHLE since I played my VHLM season in the VHLE instead. I like the choice as it game me more opportunity to be a leader in the dressing room and talk to some of the under developed player in the league. It was fun!!

Mr GM himself since while I know the name I really don`t know a lot about the cow. Still don`t but at least we have had a few chats now!! Always happens when you join a new team etc.... You meet at least one player or manager you haven`t interacted with that much. This is my third team in my third season it has been quick raise to the VHL this time.

For Week-Ending of July 3, 2022

1). What is your favorite holiday?

2). What is your favorite New York color?  Red White or Blue?  Which one would you like to see as the home jersey base color?

3) Who has been the most successful player you've created/managed in the VHL?

4) What number is on your jersey?  What is the significance?

5) Where is the best place to watch fireworks?

6) When the Americans win the championship, where are you taking the cup when you have it for a day?

Probably any of the one's where family comes together, so like Thanksgiving, Christmas? 

2). What is your favorite New York color?  Red White or Blue?  Which one would you like to see as the home jersey base color?
Blue is my favourite colour so that would always win haha. 

My own player was probably Radislav Mjers, overall managed? Probably Lincoln Tate. 

69 cause I figured why not meme it for once y'know? 

Well I am bias because Old Montreal is gorgeous and always has a firework display, worth the drive imo. 

6) When the Americans win the championship, where are you taking the cup when you have it for a day?
Back home to Quebec! 

Fuck it, I'm doing this.

Australia Day. It's my actual birthday, but I just enjoy the whole nation(well almost everyone) celebrating the day I was born.

The jersey being blue dominant would be sweet. Maybe I'll try to create a new one if bored.

An American alumni actually, Odin "The Beast" Tordahl. He was OK.

69....because, hehehehehehehehehehehehe

Anywhere other then somewhere near a dry forest environment.

The Vatican, to thank the Pope for performing a miracle.

For Week-Ending of July 3, 2022

Christmas used to be my favorite holiday due to the snow, time off and spending time with the family but now that I live in Japan we get no snow, no time off and maybe spend sometime with the family since they celebrate New Years here with a week off work and getting together with Family. And Yes, KFC is a typical Christmas dinner with a Christmas Cake.

Grey of the skyline and all the dark grey shapes of the buildings until the sun wrecks it with the stupid reflection of the glass that blinds you.

Robert Bouchard since I have only created one before P.E. Bouchard but he just never really took off like I expected or even got noticed when he had fantastic season leading the Reaper to a Founder`s cup.

#5 as that was render that I found that I liked for P.E. Bouchard and also the draft selection that I was drafted by New York.

Summer Festivals in Japan are amazing with drinking, food venders, dancing, hot, sweaty night and yes, Fireworks. I have yet to actually go to a bad festival in Japan yet. But maybe that is also since I drink too much as the old Japanese men like feeding me drinks to see if they can out drink the gaikoku-hito or gaijin (foreigner)!!

I don`t think I will be playing for the team when the Americans win the cup but if I do I would take it to Tiger's Nest Monastery, Bhutan to thank the gods for allowing us to win!! Plus it also somewhere that is cool that I have yet to be and having the cup in the pictures would only make it more special.

For Week-Ending of July 10, 2022

1). Tied for the lowest point total in the VHL, Los Angeles and New York are in a best-of-7 for the next #1 overall pick...  who wins?  Why?

2). What statistic early on are you annoyed about with your player?

3) What brand of hockey apparel/equipment is your favorite?

4) Would you rather vacation at a beach in the winter, or ski resort in the summer?

5) What decade of the VHL (S1-10, 11-20, etc...) do you want to know more about?

6) If given the opportunity, would you willingly relocate to Siberia for a $100,000.00 (USD 🇺🇸)increase in your salary?

For Week-Ending of July 10, 2022

1). Tied for the lowest point total in the VHL, Los Angeles and New York are in a best-of-7 for the next #1 overall pick...  who wins?  Why?

Straight-up we are the better team so I would say that we would win but considering how the season has played out so far I am not 100% Sims would go our way. We are the better team though!!

Always plus-minus as it is a good indicator of how you are matching up with the other teams players. If you are a minus then you are not matching up to well with the other team. So being a minus really sucks and it means I need to improve to help the teams chance of winning games. Points are always nice but you cannot always out score your issues; Right Edmonton?

I was tender when I played hockey many years ago so I was a huge fan of Vaughn and KOHO but funny I worn Brains before switching to CCM Bauer. I also really liked the Nike gear but only seen one kid really wearing it when I was younger before it  disappeared. That kid is still playing in the NHL but is rocking Reebok before they disappeared and now I think he is with CCM. CCM has been around forever so I also have a soft spot for them. 

4) Would you rather vacation at a beach in the winter, or ski resort in the summer?

I have actually done both of these and the Ski resort in the summer is rather lacking compared to the winter but is a good place to stage hikes from if you are heading further back country but I would rather hike into a remote shared cabin to stage my back country hikes from; which I have also done since I lived in Banff for four years and only left due to having our first son. Beach in the winter depending one where you go can actually be very warm or hot still. I was married in Hawaii in the winter and I still near died wearing my two piece since it was around 30 degrees still. Amazing place to get married since it also meant we left the cold behind but we also did Ocean shores in Washington state in the winter and it was very nice since we had most of the beaches and the restaurants to ourselves. It meant we got to know some of the locals and managed to get different actives then we played at cheap rates. So Beach in the winter is the short answer!!

5) What decade of the VHL (S1-10, 11-20, etc...) do you want to know more about?

Oh, Well this might come across wrong but I don`t tend to look towards the past but only towards the future so while it is nice to have a history etc... I am more focused on the future.

6) If given the opportunity, would you willingly relocate to Siberia for a $100,000.00 (USD 🇺🇸)increase in your salary?

I moved to Edmonton for a lot less so Yes, I think I would relocate to Siberia for $100,000. I think my salary in Edmonton/Fort McMurray was suppose to be around $64,000 so Siberia would be a huge pay increase for similar climate and people!!

My heart is torn as I'm the LA GM. So I'll have to go my team haha, even though I play here. 

Wins... lol

Adidas

Ski resort in the summer because they make snow haha

I've been here for all of them :P know it all. 

6) If given the opportunity, would you willingly relocate to Siberia for a $100,000.00 (USD )increase in your salary?
Sure why not, ballin' is a lifestyle right? 

For Week-Ending of July 17, 2022

1). What is your favorite memory of @MexicanCow123?

2). You are in a room alone for 15 minutes and cannot speak or look at your phone, otherwise you will get tazed.  Could you do it?

3). Are you more of a sweet or salty person?

4). Which VHLE franchise logo would you re-brand (NOT relocate) with a new logo and color scheme?

5). Do you know how to salsa dance?  Would you want to learn how to salsa dance?

6). Is @JardyB10 actually a sleeper agent waiting until activated in Alberta?

1). What is your favorite memory of @MexicanCow123?

I have no memories of him. I also don't know what I had for breakfast.

2). You are in a room alone for 15 minutes and cannot speak or look at your phone, otherwise you will get tazed.  Could you do it?

You guys have phones? Lucky

I am more sweet and sour than sweet or salty.

4). Which VHLE franchise logo would you re-brand (NOT relocate) with a new logo and color scheme?

I think the one with the boat could be made better.

5). Do you know how to salsa dance?  Would you want to learn how to salsa dance?

I know nothing about dancing with salsa but I really enjoy eating salsa with chips.

6). Is @JardyB10 actually a sleeper agent waiting until activated in Alberta?

You know, I bet he is.

1). What is your favorite memory of @MexicanCow123?

Him and I being GM/AGM ❤️ 

2). You are in a room alone for 15 minutes and cannot speak or look at your phone, otherwise you will get tazed.  Could you do it?
I'll be good. 

Mix of both really

Probably Bratislava.

5). Do you know how to salsa dance?  Would you want to learn how to salsa dance?
No, but I'm sure my wife would love if I did, she loves dancing. 

6). Is @JardyB10 actually a sleeper agent waiting until activated in Alberta?
I'm going to say yes. 

For Week-Ending of July 24, 2022

1). New York has won 4 out of its last 5 - are we turning a corner?

2). What position is the team in need of most going into Season 85?

3). What was your favorite video game growing up?

4). What attribute do you think is most important to focus on first when you create a player?

5). Burger or hot dog?

6). When was the last time you did VHL trivia?

On 7/18/2022 at 8:06 PM, frescoelmo said:

For Week-Ending of July 24, 2022

Why not? Keep riding the wave and build up a fanbase, when the corner is turned than you'll have plenty of support and water bottles along the final stretch  of whatever plan is executed

The team needs everyone they can get to be honest, if the teams ends up with too many forwards or defender just send it!

World of Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans

4). What attribute do you think is most important to focus on first when you create a player?

Definitely defense because it makes your player consistent in all areas

5). Burger or hot dog?

Burgs all day, hot dogs are good but I need my protein 

10 minutes after 3AM Monday morning lol Who doesn't do trivia..?

Edited by Frozen Block

Hopefully so, that would be awesome! 

Probably defense tbh. 

Rampage or Mario Party

Depends what you're creating, really I'd say focus on just growing the key stats for both types of players (skaters, goalies). 

5). Burger or hot dog?

Burgers 100%. 

No idea tbh... no idea haha. 

For Week-Ending of July 31, 2022

1). How did you feel about the deadline with New York?

2) Are you disappointed at the lack of trades overall in the VHL at the trade deadline?

3) I'm watching a documentary about Anthony Bourdain - what one city would you like to visit JUST to try the cuisine there?

4) What is your player's best dance move?

5) Are there any point tasks types (ie., media spot, graphic, podcast...) that you have never done before?

6) Can you parallel park? :kekw:

1). How did you feel about the deadline with New York?
I feel good, I like where we're at right now. 

2) Are you disappointed at the lack of trades overall in the VHL at the trade deadline?
Not really tbh, I feel like a lot of teams know what they already want/have. 

3) I'm watching a documentary about Anthony Bourdain - what one city would you like to visit JUST to try the cuisine there?
Japan, I'm a massive Japanese cuisine guy, would love to try it authentic. 

4) What is your player's best dance move?
The worm

5) Are there any point tasks types (ie., media spot, graphic, podcast...) that you have never done before?
Podcasting, don't have the voice for it. 

6) Can you parallel park?
Very well actually, yes haha.  

For Week-Ending of August 7, 2022

1). Have you been impressed with NYA G2's performances?

2). With Season 84 wrapping up, what has been your best performance in a game this season?

3). Who has been the team's MVP this season?

4) Did you know the last time a New York player got a VHL individual award was Season 76?

5). Who on this roster will get the next VHL individual award?

6). Do you personally consider Antarctica a continent?

On 8/2/2022 at 5:07 PM, frescoelmo said:

). Have you been impressed with NYA G2's performances?

2). With Season 84 wrapping up, what has been your best performance in a game this season?

4) Did you know the last time a New York player got a VHL individual award was Season 76?

1. I believe that their performance has been better than expected so yes.

2. My best personal performance was a 2 goal game shortly after join NYA.

3. I have not been part of the team for long, but I believe Kennedy has been spectacular.

4. Sad, but the future is near old man.

5. It is hard to tell, but I believe a lot of the new players could grab ROTY or either of the trades from Riga could get most improved.

6. Yes and no. If we are using the North American 7 continent model then yes, but you could argue a 2 continental model with America and Afro-Eurasia. If you have that model Australia/Oceania is questionable and Antarctica in reality is an island chain and could be considered so.

Edited by nurx

For Week-Ending of August 7, 2022

1). Have you been impressed with NYA G2's performances?
NOT impressed (better not take my job the f***er) lol

Probably one of my shutouts I'd reckon, had a few. 

Honestly a team effort. 

We're gonna change that very soon ;)

If I say me will it actually happen? :o 

I do.... not. 

Edited by InstantRockstar

For Week-Ending of August 14, 2022

1). First things first, do you think Riga was robbed in their 5-game series against Davos?

2). Are you surprised Jerome @MexicanCow123 was atop the individual leaders in the wild card round?

3). Semi final round in North America; who do you WANT to see in the finals?

4). Semi final round in Europe: who do you WANT to see in the finals?

5). Would you ever manage a VHL team?  Have you ever managed a VHL team?

6). What is your favorite non-VHL fantasy sport that you participate in?

On 8/9/2022 at 10:43 AM, frescoelmo said:

1). First things first, do you think Riga was robbed in their 5-game series against Davos?

2). Are you surprised Jerome @MexicanCow123 was atop the individual leaders in the wild card round?

1. Riga has no emotions at this point. Time to consider the team curse IMO.

2. Not really really talented player had it in em the entire time.

3. Well I think Seattle deserves a chance at the cup this season. Glad they get to move on.

4. I also don't really like Helsinki so a loss for them is a win for me. Moscow is a huge win for me.

5. I am not sure. Maybe in the future, but I want to help the newer members for a while before I want to join the VHL management. I am way more into the VHLM for the time being.

6. I am not in any other leagues. I think the VHL spoiled me. It is too easy to do everything and transferring to any other league is kinda difficult.

For Week-Ending of August 14, 2022

Yes, yes I do. 

2). Are you surprised Jerome @MexicanCow123 was atop the individual leaders in the wild card round?
Not really tbh, established player. 

It's not us so I don't really care ;) 

Also... don't care ;) we don't have a shot, this seasons done to me lol 

Have before, am again now, and loving it ❤️ 

Football