New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

2 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of Dec 12th

1) We are just over a third of the way through the regular season. Are you happy with how your player has performed this season? Why or why not?

2) If or when you recreate your next player in VHL, do you know what position you want to be and do you have any ideas for your next player's name?

3) Describe your favourite and least favourite things about your time so far in the VHL as a whole.

4)  What video game are you currently playing the most these days? If you aren't playing anything currently, name me some of your all time favourites from the past.

5) For the degenerates who said they like pineapple on their pizza last week, why do you think fruit belongs on pizza ? For people of taste, what is your goto pizza (toppings)?

6) What is your favourite breakfast cereal? If you aren't big on cereal what do you eat instead?

1. Yes! I'm having a career year. In 26 games I already am 2 points short of my career high in points.

2. No not really.

3. No complaints really. Really want to go to the playoffs more. Best part is seeing my player improve so much.

4. NHL,MLB and rocket league.

5. I said I eat pineapple on pizza but don't go out of my way to do so.

6. Lucky Charms BABY!

On 12/6/2021 at 5:54 PM, fromtheinside said:

1) We are just over a third of the way through the regular season. Are you happy with how your player has performed this season? Why or why not?

2) If or when you recreate your next player in VHL, do you know what position you want to be and do you have any ideas for your next player's name?

3) Describe your favourite and least favourite things about your time so far in the VHL as a whole.

4)  What video game are you currently playing the most these days? If you aren't playing anything currently, name me some of your all time favourites from the past.

5) For the degenerates who said they like pineapple on their pizza last week, why do you think fruit belongs on pizza ? For people of taste, what is your goto pizza (toppings)?

6) What is your favourite breakfast cereal? If you aren't big on cereal what do you eat instead?

1. Absolutely thrilled how my player is doing... having career best in all scoring categories.

2. Definitely keeping it on the offensive side.

3. Favorite is everyone looks out for each other no judgements.  And least is how hard it is to get extra tpe not very good with computers..

4. Any of the NHL or madden games.

5. I'm an original kinda guy cheese and pepperoni. 

6. Cookie crisp

On 12/6/2021 at 2:54 PM, fromtheinside said:

1. I am impressed by how well I've played. Could have used this in earlier seasons.

2. I have some ideas for names, as for position it's d

3. favourite, the people; least is lack of actual winning

4. sin megami tensei strange journey

5. everything belongs on pizza, or pizza goes with everything

6. i skip breakfast

For Week-Ending of Dec 19th

1) Before you came to the New York Americans, what team did you play for in the VHLM? Looking back, how did you like your time on that team?

2)  Which team in the VHL has the best logo/team colours in your opinion and if you had to pick a team to redesign a logo for which would you choose?

3) I've been binge-watching Money Heist on Netflix recently. What's the last TV show you watched a lot of or alternatively name me one of your favourite shows.

4) Last week NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman announced the NHL players still be free to participate in the Beijing Olympics in February if they want to, however if the athletes get COVID while in China, they could be held there for 3-5 weeks before being allowed to leave the country. Do you think most of the NHL athletes will still go for the hockey tournament or no?

5) What is your favourite beverage or choice whether it be alcoholic or not?

6) Are you a winter person or a summer person? Explain why.

On 12/13/2021 at 5:33 PM, fromtheinside said:

1) Before you came to the New York Americans, what team did you play for in the VHLM? Looking back, how did you like your time on that team?

2)  Which team in the VHL has the best logo/team colours in your opinion and if you had to pick a team to redesign a logo for which would you choose?

3) I've been binge-watching Money Heist on Netflix recently. What's the last TV show you watched a lot of or alternatively name me one of your favourite shows.

4) Last week NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman announced the NHL players still be free to participate in the Beijing Olympics in February if they want to, however if the athletes get COVID while in China, they could be held there for 3-5 weeks before being allowed to leave the country. Do you think most of the NHL athletes will still go for the hockey tournament or no?

1. I was drafted by Helsinki  never played a game.. traded to Toronto  played 2 full seasons  I liked playing with the guys over there but wasn't getting the minutes I wanted..

2. NYA best colors cause I'm American.. none are bad I like them all.

3. The remake of Hawaii five-0.. from 2010-2020 that show was badness.

4. I think alot are gonna stay home.

5. Was pepsi.Pepsi.. now it crystal Lite peach icetea.

6. Summer all the way I love the hot weather 

On 12/13/2021 at 4:33 PM, fromtheinside said:

1. I played for the Minnesota Storm. I had such a great experience with the team. Great time there.

2. D.C or Riga.

3. I haven't really watched much lately but I like some of the old shows like Hogans heroes.

4. I think a lot will not go. Especially players that feel there team is in a good spot and need them.

5. Depends on what time of year and what I'm in the mood for. I have trouble picking favorites.

6. I like winter because I like snow and like winter sports.

For Week-Ending of Dec 26th

1) If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to go and why?

2) If you were forced to eliminate one of your senses which would you choose?

3) The season is slowly winding down to the end. Who would you choose as the New York Americans MVP this season?

4) If the league was to make an expansion team, which city do you think should get a team?

5) Last week I asked which team had the best logo in the VHL, this week tell me who has the WORST drip in the league?

6) If you could go into a time machine and teleport to any year in the past or future, what year would you goto and why?

8 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1) If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to go and why?

3) The season is slowly winding down to the end. Who would you choose as the New York Americans MVP this season?

4) If the league was to make an expansion team, which city do you think should get a team?

5) Last week I asked which team had the best logo in the VHL, this week tell me who has the WORST drip in the league?

6) If you could go into a time machine and teleport to any year in the past or future, what year would you goto and why?

1. Always have wanted to go to the Netherlands and if I went now I could skate on the canals.

2. I guess smell. I like all my scenes it's hard to choose.

3. For one last time Rhynex Entertainment. Tied his career high and didn't even play a whole season.

4. I assume you mean NHL so in my opinion the NHL needs another Canadian team. So probably one of the bigger market cities in Canada.

5. HC Davos.

6. I love the revolutionary war time in history and think it would be really cool to see I person how they lived.

On 12/20/2021 at 11:55 PM, fromtheinside said:

1. Ireland cause I'm Irish 

2. Taste cause of all the food that taste bad but looks good.

3. Rhynex Entertainment. Or myself for how much of an improvement I have made.

4. San Antonio Texas

5. Not sure maybe HC Davos

6. 2006 right before My grandfather passed

probably nowhere, considering the pandemic... But no pandemic? I have no idea. The world is so big yet so small

Taste. My first thought was smell, but if I do that, then I'm knocking out smell and taste. The other four senses make my life easier. I don't want to have to learn ASL, I don't want to have to learn how to navigate the world without seeing, my sense of touch is helpful for keeping myself physically safe. Smell brings me joy.

Is this even a question? The only right answer is Rhynex

Please no more expansions. Let's put it in Hungary. My family is from Hungary

Toronto. It's not terrible, it's just so much of one color, and it doesn't match the other ones. I think I've discovered that I like the esport logos

Time travel would scare me too much. I don't want to mess anything up, and I don't really want to die in a timeline that I'm not supposed to be in.

For Week-Ending of Jan 9

1) We have officially made it to 2022. Congratulations! How has your year gone so far? What did you do on New Year's Eve?  Do you have any goals or New Years resolutions for this year?

2) Does your player like to take some time off in the offseason to relax will you be hitting  the gym to get those big TPE gains for next season? Also what goals do have for yourself heading into next season?

3) Would you rather fight one hundred duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck, please explain your answer in detail. 

4) Which user in the VHL community have you connected with the most since joining the league? 

5) If you woke up tomorrow and found a million dollars sitting next to your bed, what are you gonna do ?

6) I've been addicted to the game Escape From Tarkov recently. What game would you has gotten you most addicted? If you aren't a big gamer, what other hobbies or talents have you sunk a ton of time into in the past?

• 3 weeks later...

For Week-Ending of Jan 30/22

1) [For Draftees] How do you feel now that you've been drafted by the New York Americans? Are you happy with where you were drafted? [For Returning Players] How would you grade NYA's draft last night? Are you happy with who we have brought in?

2) During the draft last night, NYA management decided to take a risk and draft controversial defenseman Tavish DeGroot. DeGroot was the second highest TPE earner on the draft board, but he slipped to the second round after he claimed he wouldn't play for anyone but the LA Stars (he is GM there). We decided to take him in Round 2 at 20th overall. We are hoping to trade him to LA and get assets in return. What do you think of the decision to draft DeGroot?

3) Heading into S82, what are your expectations for your player? What goals do you have for the season whether it be point totals, goals, minutes, ending the season with X TPE, anything at all?

4) How do you think New York will perform this season. We are definitely in rebuild mode, but do you think we can surprise anyone or are we in for a season filled with pain?

5) Free agency just opened up today. Is there anyone in particular you think we should target or a certain position you think we could improve on?

6) The weekend had featured some crazy games in the NFL. (RIP Bills :( ) Do you watch any sports besides hockey, If so what are your favourite teams or players that you like?

4 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

1) [For Draftees] How do you feel now that you've been drafted by the New York Americans? Are you happy with where you were drafted? [For Returning Players] How would you grade NYA's draft last night? Are you happy with who we have brought in?

2) During the draft last night, NYA management decided to take a risk and draft controversial defenseman Tavish DeGroot. DeGroot was the second highest TPE earner on the draft board, but he slipped to the second round after he claimed he wouldn't play for anyone but the LA Stars (he is GM there). We decided to take him in Round 2 at 20th overall. We are hoping to trade him to LA and get assets in return. What do you think of the decision to draft DeGroot?

3) Heading into S82, what are your expectations for your player? What goals do you have for the season whether it be point totals, goals, minutes, ending the season with X TPE, anything at all?

4) How do you think New York will perform this season. We are definitely in rebuild mode, but do you think we can surprise anyone or are we in for a season filled with pain?

5) Free agency just opened up today. Is there anyone in particular you think we should target or a certain position you think we could improve on?

6) The weekend had featured some crazy games in the NFL. (RIP Bills :( ) Do you watch any sports besides hockey, If so what are your favourite teams or players that you like?

1. I am extremely happy with how the draft turned out for us.. I trust the process.

2. If he don't want to play here that's his loss.. we have a great group of guys here.. just hold him for a kings ransom.

3. I just want to finish where I left off last season.. 

4. I definitely think we can surprise some teams.. don't think we're gonna finish last.

5. Would like to see a big name forward brought it that can definitely better my game...

6. Football unfortunately my Buffalo Bills lost.. and hockey  and my sabres are horrendous 

1) [For Draftees] How do you feel now that you've been drafted by the New York Americans? Are you happy with where you were drafted?

I am very happy. I've always had a soft spot for the Americans, and I want to help the franchise return to the glory days of long ago. Couldn't be more happy to go 1st Overall here.

I'm not going to mince words, I don't think it was the greatest decision. I believe they are going to stick with what they said, and play 4 seasons in the VHLE. Hopefully we can get some assets for them, but it's definitely a gamble. 

In a perfect world, I take home the Christian Stolzweiger Trophy and reach 600 TPE. We'll see what happens this season.

You never know. The NA Conference is really weak, so there is definitely a chance we can sneak into the wildcard round. Maybe some pain in there as well, but I am optimistic.

Go after absolutely everyone. We need all the help we can get. Getting one of Hlozek, Welch, or Reikkinen specifically would be awesome.

6) The weekend had featured some crazy games in the NFL. (RIP Bills :( ) Do you watch any sports besides hockey, If so what are your favourite teams or players that you like?

Yeah, I watch football, futbol, and basketball from time to time. I cheer for the Eagles, Crystal Palace, and the Celtics. 

2 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1.  How about for alumni needing to do a PC? I think NYA drafted well

2. Depends on what assets you could get back, and whether the assets outweighs drafting someone else

2. Shooting for unrealistic 400 tpe, wait and see statistically as I'm working out new build

4. There is no pain, S83 draft is a healthy draft to lose for ;)

5. Goaltender and Defense, forwards as well but goaltender and defense. If going for 1st overall, go for D so your new G won't steal too many games :)

6. basketball, baseball, tennis, whatever is on; no real favourite but probably a Canadian team if applicable.

16 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1. I enjoyed when I got drafted many seasons ago.

2. Overall a good pick and an even better plan. Genius!

3. Get more points then I did last year and get a few things up to 90 TP.

4. I think we can surprise some people and forsure be better than some teams.

5. No not that I know of. I haven't really looked at free agency though.

6. I like baseball second to hockey beyond that I follow other sports but don't really have favorite teams and stuff.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:36 PM, fromtheinside said:

1) Absolutely not. New York was one of the 3 teams I was fully ready to retire on if they drafted me. I thought I was gonna land in the first round, I even promised to stay after my ELC (europe level contract) expired.

2) Disgrace. The leagues golden boy should be taken into Papa Bek's study and spanked for this legalized mugging where you fuckwads try to triple your value with a draft pick. Send me the FUCK to Cologne.

3) Dominate Europe, absolutely crush these 200 TPE inactive FUCKS and get 4 trophies named after me. In order of what you asked, 200, 175, 55:02 ATOI, ending with 382 TPE
4) Fuck no, Lamb gonna get like 40 goals and 5 assists while bum ass Welch gets injured game 1 after blocking 25 shots on the right ankle. Honestly the Founders cup champions Ottawa Lynx should replace New York, they'd double your wins up

5) anybody with a fucking pulse you have 3 actives

6) SO CRAZY NFL RIP BILLS MAFIA!!! Fuckin eh bud HERTHA BERLIN can't wait to see them play FC Koln (because I'll be playing in Cologne this season). I've only been an away fan once in my life and it's an experience I fucking loved. WE WANT 10! @Juice

For Week-Ending of Feb 06/22

1) Our team managed to sign Kristof Welch and Jakky Sosa to help fortify our roster heading into the season. We also managed to sign an inactive player named Phillip Stein and converted him to a defenseman to give us some extra depth on D. How do you feel about these signings, and with our roster now set heading into the regular season, do you think we can compete well enough to get a playoff spot THIS SEASON!?

2) It was a lengthy back-and-forth battle, but the dust has settled and defensive prodigy Tavish DeGroot will be in the starting lineup alongside Kristof Welch opening night on Tuesday. He's still a bit of a loose cannon and doesn't want to ingratiate himself to his teammates, which is really a shame :( What can we do as management or collectively as a team to warm the heart of Tavish to make him feel welcome and buy-in to the Amurican Way? [For Tavish] What could we do to make your time here in the Big Apple more enjoyable?

3) Did you participate in the VHFL this season. If so, how did you feel about your draft? If not, why are you making the conscience effort to give away free TPE? Just kidding, if not, who would your ideal lineup be? (3 forwards, 2 D, one goalie)

4) Name one member in the VHL community that is important to you and give a brief explanation as to why they mean so much to you.

5)  The Winter Olympics are just around the corner. Do you watch/follow the Olympics?  Or do you like the Summer Olympics better? What are some of your favourite events?

6) Brock Lesnar won the god damn Royal Rumble on Saturday and it was super lame. Do you or have you ever watched wrestling at any time in your life and if so name some of your favourite wrasslers.

Edited by fromtheinside

1) Our team managed to sign Kristof Welch and Jakky Sosa to help fortify our roster heading into the season. We also managed to sign an inactive player named Phillip Stein and converted him to a defenseman to give us some extra depth on D. How do you feel about these signings, and with our roster now set heading into the regular season, do you think we can compete well enough to get a playoff spot THIS SEASON!?

It definitely shaped our roster into one that has potential to be a dark horse in NA. It's awesome to have some depth and not be a completely empty roster. Jakky and Kristof definitely have the potential to have career-years this season.

2) It was a lengthy back-and-forth battle, but the dust has settled and defensive prodigy Tavish DeGroot will be in the starting lineup alongside Kristof Welch opening night on Tuesday. He's still a bit of a loose cannon and doesn't want to ingratiate himself to his teammates, which is really a shame :( What can we do as management or collectively as a team to warm the heart of Tavish to make him feel welcome and buy-in to the Amurican Way?

In my opinion, all you can do is give it time. At the moment, we can just support them as much as possible, let them talk on the ice, and see where it goes. Kudos to player and management for getting pen to paper, and excited to see DeGroot play.

3) Did you participate in the VHFL this season. If so, how did you feel about your draft? If not, why are you making the conscience effort to give away free TPE? Just kidding, if not, who would your ideal lineup be? (3 forwards, 2 D, one goalie)

Yes I did! Happy so far with my draft, but not done yet. Still need a goaltender and another forward. I finished in the top 10, maybe even top 5 users last season, so I'd like to say I'm decent at it.

4) Name one member in the VHL community that is important to you and give a brief explanation as to why they mean so much to you.

@flatl99. Although he has gone inactive and didn't have the greatest impact on the VHL, he introduced me to the site, and opened my eyes to this amazing community.

5)  The Winter Olympics are just around the corner. Do you watch/follow the Olympics?  Or do you like the Summer Olympics better? What are some of your favourite events?

Honestly, don't really follow the Olympics. Obviously I'll watch hockey when it happens, but I am under the opinion that I want to watch the best of the best, and they just haven't been there when it comes to Olympic Hockey.

6) Brock Lesnar won the god damn Royal Rumble on Saturday and it was super lame. Do you or have you ever watched wrestling at any time in your life and if so name some of your favourite wrasslers.

I have never watched, or been intrigued by Wrestling. I know alot of people in the league are, but I don't get it. Sry.

20 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

2) It was a lengthy back-and-forth battle, but the dust has settled and defensive prodigy Tavish DeGroot will be in the starting lineup alongside Kristof Welch opening night on Tuesday. He's still a bit of a loose cannon and doesn't want to ingratiate himself to his teammates, which is really a shame :( What can we do as management or collectively as a team to warm the heart of Tavish to make him feel welcome and buy-in to the Amurican Way? [For Tavish] What could we do to make your time here in the Big Apple more enjoyable?

1. I am not yet in the lineup, but i think those are great signings, every help matters!

2. Mmmh not sure here, i think it is up to him now to make some links with people in the organisation.

3. I don't think i participated in that event.

4. As of for now i don't really know really anybody in the vhl but my team mate vasile lamb and i were on the same vhlm team last year.

5. I prefer the winter olympics and will probably watch all the events, especially the hockey one! Go Canada go!

6. I do not watch wrestling hahaha but i like old figures like The Rock, Andre The Giant and John Cena

On 1/31/2022 at 2:19 AM, fromtheinside said:

1.  I'm feeling good going into the season and think we can be a playoff team.

2. I don't know what to do about that I hope he does well with team and begins to like it here.

3. I'm not committed enough to do that and keep up on all the other players.

4. I don't have a specific person but all my general managers so far have been really great!

5. I watch the winter more. Hockey won't be as fun as it could have but I like the speed skating and skiing races. Curling fascinating to me for some reason.

6. I have never watch wrestling.

For Week-Ending of Feb 13/22

1) Through 12 games New York has got out to a 4-6-2 record. Despite the losing record, we have had our fair share of tough opponents early on in the season, and a lot of our losses have been all pretty close games. Do you think we can turn our luck around or do you think it might be a rough season?

2) After a week of sims, how do you feel about how your player is performing?

3) The Vancouver Wolves are off to another hot start after starting the season 10-1-1. Do you think they can pull off the 3-peat this season or will someone dethrone them?

4) If you could change or add one thing about the VHL what would you do?

5) The SuperBowl is this coming Sunday. The Bengals face off against the LA Rams. Who do you think is going to win and why? Or if you don't plan on watching the SuperBowl this weekend, what are your plans for the weekend?

6) If you were to participate in a chocolate bar draft, what are you taking with your first overall pick?

1) Through 12 games New York has got out to a 4-6-2 record. Despite the losing record, we have had our fair share of tough opponents early on in the season, and a lot of our losses have been all pretty close games. Do you think we can turn our luck around or do you think it might be a rough season?

I think it's been a solid start for us, honestly. I would consider anything above .500 to be a win for us, and that is definitely achievable after seeing our play so far. 

I'm content, but that's about it. I'd love to be helping out a bit more on the scoresheet, but I am very happy with my hit/PIM ratio. Just looking to find the back of the net more, and climb the rookie point leaderboard.

3) The Vancouver Wolves are off to another hot start after starting the season 10-1-1. Do you think they can pull off the 3-peat this season or will someone dethrone them?

They will almost surely pull off the 3-peat. Moscow, their main competitor, looks to be underachieving so far, and I think VAN will be the beneficiary of that.

Change the team in Warsaw's nickname. "Predators" could definitely be improved upon. I do love the city, logo, and colour scheme however.

5) The SuperBowl is this coming Sunday. The Bengals face off against the LA Rams. Who do you think is going to win and why? Or if you don't plan on watching the SuperBowl this weekend, what are your plans for the weekend?

Honestly, I'm happy for both teams. I think I will be cheering for the Rams, as Stafford should get his ring, and Burrow will definitely be back (maybe a few times) later in his career. I'll probably just be watching from home with my girlfriend, as none of my friends are really interested in football.

6) If you were to participate in a chocolate bar draft, what are you taking with your first overall pick?

Good question actually. I think I'd go with Mars. I'm more of a Twix guy myself, but I think with a 1st overall pick you want something that can do a little of everything.

14 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1. I think we can turn it around.

2. I wish I was scoring more but I'm racking up the assists so I can't complain.

3. I think someone can beat them.

4. Make it so I got more free tpe every week.

5. I want the bengals to win but we'll see.

6. I have trouble picking favorites but maybe Kit Kat. 🤔

On 2/7/2022 at 4:48 PM, fromtheinside said:

1. If there any team that can turn it around its us we have a great group of guy in the locker room 

2. My player is doing so so. On a bit of a slump hoping I can turn things around..

3. For sure they are definitely gonna 3peat... don't think anyone has anything for them.

4.  A little easier to earn tpe for us computer illiterates..

5. LETS GO BENGALS...  can't stand OBJ.

6. Twix all the way..