Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. How do you feel about playing for new expansion franchise in year 1? i don't know, do i really play years 1 ?

2. What's your long term goal on the VHL forums? Get as far and beyond possible !

3. What kind of player build are you going for? The good player build, The weber one !

4. What's one thing you really like about the VHLM that the VHL doesn't offer? A glass of milk and some chocolate cookie ? It would be not fighting really, really high tpe player

5. Were you happy with where you went in the draft? not yet, im not drafted yet !

6. What in your eyes is the best part about being on an expansion team? It is all shiny ! i like new thing and set record

7. Being on the new expansion team, do you feel at all that all eyes are on you guys to perform? No , what matter is we have fun as a new group

8. What team other than Halifax do you think has a good shot at being contenders? RN i would say vegas. They asked me to sign with them first, but my ehart was already with halifax for no reason

9. What do you think about the name "21st's"? i don't know, it's pass 20 and is a great number to have during blackjack.

10. What would you say is your goal this season in the VHLM? do as great as possible !

New Questions for week of Jan 14-20.                                                                                                                                                  

Answer 3 Questions for 1 TPE or 6 Questions for 2 TPE. Enjoy!

1. What are the main things that you would attribute the Halifax 21st's maintained success to thus far in S64?

2. Coming in as a brand new GM this season, how do you think McWolf has handled his expectations and responsibilities?

3. Which teammate do you feel you have had the best chemistry with so far?

4. How do you feel you, as a player have performed this season? Did you expect more from yourself, maybe less, or are you playing exactly the way you knew you could?

5. Has anyone on the team surprised you with their performance this season?

6. Do you think you are going to spend another season in the VHLM or do you want to head straight to the VHL after S64?

7. Who do you consider to be your biggest rival in the VHLM whether it be a teammate or an opponent and what sparked the rivalry between you?

8. Do you think Halifax has what it takes to win the Founder's Cup where they are now or do they need to add more pieces and get better?

9. Who do you think have been Halifax's best players this year and do you like to model your game after anyone in particular?

10. How many points do you see yourself finishing the season with?

Edited by Thranduil

1r.Оценка глубины, даже игроки, не известные для скоринга, ставят очки

1e.Depth Scoring, even the players not known for scoring are putting up points

2r. McWolf это здорово, он является лучшим ГМ игрок может попросить.

2e. Mcwolf is great, he is the best GM a player could ask for.

3r. Нет, Im здесь, чтобы играть в мою игру и добраться до VHL. Я буду дружить в VHL.

3e. None, Im here to play my game and get to the VHL. I will make friends in VHL.

4r. Расстроен с моим хитом всего, я хочу, чтобы привести Лигу. Но Im потрясен, что я забил, как я

4e. Upset with my hit total, I want to lead the league. But im shocked that I am scoring like I am

5r. Себя

5e. Myself

6r. Я хочу играть за медведя команды (Сиэтл), так что нет

6e. I want to play for bear team (Seattle), so no

7r. Лас-Вегас, я хочу выбить из них дерьмо.

7e. Las Vegas, I want to beat the shit out of them.

8r. Если мы можем получить активный вратарь мы будем установлены. Но мне нравятся наши шансы даже если мы этого не делаем.

8e. If we can get an active goalie we will be set. But I like our chances even if we don’t.

9r. Болт руки вниз. И если бы мне пришлось моделировать себя после игрока было бы Patric Hornquist

9e. Bolt hands down. And if I had to model myself after a player it would be Patric Hornquist

10r. 50 баллов

10e. 50 points

Edited by Kuch9
Added questions link

On 8/10/2018 at 3:29 AM, ShawnGlade said:

Answer some questions here for free TPE!

1. How do you feel about playing for new expansion franchise in year 1?

2. What's your long term goal on the VHL forums?

3. What kind of player build are you going for?

4. What's one thing you really like about the VHLM that the VHL doesn't offer?

5. Were you happy with where you went in the draft?

6. What in your eyes is the best part about being on an expansion team?

7. Being on the new expansion team, do you feel at all that all eyes are on you guys to perform?

8. What team other than Halifax do you think has a good shot at being contenders?

9. What do you think about the name "21st's"?

10. What would you say is your goal this season in the VHLM?

@Hunter @bagelbitesisbae @DrHexDex @Sllaym @tfong @Arayvenn @BBNAT @ColeMrtz21 @devilsfan35 @Potato @Sami K @Barracuda @Jepox

1) Playing for the 21st has been a great experience, being a rookie everyone has really helped me adjust to the league.

2) Just like everyone else I want to be one of the greats, thats not just on the stat sheet, but also in the locker room and hopefully help bring championships to this team.

3)I don't have a specific build that I want to go for. What ever helps the team win is what I want to be. 

8) Vegas and Ottawa have been great teams, I think we have the guys to match up with anyone, but they are both tough teams.

9) It really fits the mentality of this team, some guys feel like they have been tossed around the they found this place to be a home, just like the 21st pier in Halifax.

10) My goal is to help win this team a championship, my personal goal is to move up on the depth chart, being the 4th D-man is nice but im not satisfied with that

1. What are the main things that you would attribute the Halifax 21st's maintained success to thus far in S64?

stability and consistency on the blue line

2. Coming in as a brand new GM this season, how do you think McWolf has handled his expectations and responsibilities?

Don't know, the agm is doing all the job for me :P

I EAT FISH SCALE

4. How do you feel you, as a player have performed this season? Did you expect more from yourself, maybe less, or are you playing exactly the way you knew you could?

overperforming, and that's nice

Yea, john madden. i thought he was unlucky, and then he racked point like a madman. good stuff

6. Do you think you are going to spend another season in the VHLM or do you want to head straight to the VHL after S64?

No idea

8. Do you think Halifax has what it takes to win the Founder's Cup where they are now or do they need to add more pieces and get better?

I feel we have a chance

As many point as game played would be sick

4. Leading in both points and goals currently so he is doing very well.

5. Going that late in the draft for Oslo seemed like a good idea at the time.

6. To the VHL for me. I am already past 200 tpe so I’ll be heading to Calgary.

7. Probably Nathan N. He is also a RW and getting pretty close to me in points.

10. On pace for 104 but I could see myself with 110 since I am playing with a much better team now.

On 1/14/2019 at 1:29 AM, Thranduil said:

1- Depth. The team has all the pieces that needs to compete in all the shifts.

2- I would say extraordinary well. He managed to assemble a team with good recruits and didn't hesitate to make the trades that needed to be done to mantain the team in contention.

3- I would say either Vanderhuge or Madden. I know Vanderhuge for some time and Madden has really helped me getting into the sport.

4- I think really well. IMO Fish has grown very fast and will become a force in no time.

5- Bald Guy is being an absolute beast so far.

6- I think with this short careers it may be for the best to jump quickly to the pros, but we will see.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:29 PM, Thranduil said:

7. Who do you consider to be your biggest rival in the VHLM whether it be a teammate or an opponent and what sparked the rivalry between you?

9. Who do you think have been Halifax's best players this year and do you like to model your game after anyone in particular?

1. Depth. Team is loaded and I'm here to get under the opponent's skin. It works well for us as a team. We've got that chemistry on lock.

2. Wolfie is great. He's been a great manager, even in one of the most dismal cities. Hell, he could probably motivate a pile of dog crap. Great GM.

4. I feel like I'm doing my job as intended. Last I checked I had 70+ PIMs and 50+ hits. I'm here to create scoring chances and it's clearly showing on my stat line. Just hope the scouts understand my style of play.

6. I'll spend another season here...I think. I still have some developing to do and I'd like to become a dominant force in the VHLM before I'm drafted. Leave a legacy. Even if that means taking a guy's head off with my skate blade.

7. Vegas Aces. Buncha' turds. I'm willing to bet if this team moved to Vegas and had the strip we'd be lighting the league up. Closest I've been to some tail is the dog rescue down the street. Gotta get the dubs for the ladies. Ladies love the dubs.

10. 34 points and 234 PIMs. 

OK Halifax, here are some Presser questions for you!

1. What was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now?

2. What game have you spent the most hours playing?

3. What’s the worst backhanded compliment you could give another player?

4. Where do you get your VHL news?

5. What’s the best lesson you’ve learned from a work of fiction?

6. What are qualities that make a player successful in the VHL(M)?

1 minute ago, BladeMaiden said:

2. What game have you spent the most hours playing?

6. What are qualities that make a player successful in the VHL(M)?

Thanks for the questions Blade! Certainly saves me some work this week.

1. Being the best at kickball or the fastest runner.

2. If we are just talking one single game, I played a lot of Minecraft as a youngster so probably that but if different games from the same franchise count I would have to say EA's NHL series, NHL 08 through NHL 19.

3. I have a hair. He don't have a hair, something Ovechkin said about Getzlaf which when you think about it is a compliment because Getzlaf should be happy he doesn't have Ovi's hair.

4. Mertz's Magazine

5. Middle Earth should be real.

6. Flow and flare.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:17 AM, BladeMaiden said:

1. What was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now?  Yugioh and pokemon stuff.

2. What game have you spent the most hours playing? League of legend, warcraft 3, monster hunter freedom united G

3. What’s the worst backhanded compliment you could give another player? ''Wow, you actually did something usefull today!''

5. Where do you get your VHL news? discord and ping

6. What’s the best lesson you’ve learned from a work of fiction? Conflict is almost 100% miscommunication.

7. What are qualities that make a player successful in the VHL(M)? Be active and get that def /ph high.

On 1/13/2019 at 4:29 PM, Thranduil said:

Lots of depth and activity. We have had lots of people sign with the team and become active.

I've been good friends with John Madden since I was 7 or 8 years old. We go way back and it's been fun playing with him again.

Got off to a slow start in Vegas with almost no ice-time but I've been performing well recently and I am glad to get into a new locker-room.

I plan to spend at least one more season in the VHLM before moving up to Riga. Possibly more. I am loyal to Halifax for now.

I don't really have rivalries but I'm definately trying to maintain a Top 4 position so any d-men that come along are not too popular with me, besides Fish and Guy.

I like to model my game after Matt Niskanen. He is a very solid defensize player who is capable of playing offense.

1. What was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now? Basketball. What the hell is that useless sport.
  2. What game have you spent the most hours playing? 100% Minecraft. Thousands of hours at least.
  3. What’s the worst backhanded compliment you could give another player? :oBackhanded compliment? How could I ever be so mean!?!?
  4. Where do you get your VHL news? VSN! Victory Sports News only!
  5. What’s the best lesson you’ve learned from a work of fiction? Fiction? PFFFFF. I only learn by scoring.
  6. What are qualities that make a player successful in the VHL(M)? Don't do crack. COUGH COUGH DAHLBERG

On 1/21/2019 at 6:17 AM, BladeMaiden said:

2.  What game have you spent the most hours playing?

6.  What are qualities that make a player successful in the VHL(M)?

1 - Sleeping late. As a kid you don't want to sleep. Now I don't want anything more.

2 - Probably FIFA Manager 11, that was the best sports management game ever. A shame it was discontinued.

3 - Relax man, your puck handling is perfectly adequate for this league. 

4 - team Discord.

5 - We live in the Matrix and you can't change my mind.

6 - Hard work and perseverance.

New Questions for week of Jan 28-Feb 3.                                                                                                                                                  

1. As the VHLM comes into the final stretch of what has been a fantastic and entertaining season, do you want to make any end of year predictions as far as surprises or award winners go?

2a. (For S65 Prospects) With the draft just around the corner, where do you expect to be taken and do you have any preferences as far as what team drafts you?

2b. (For Non-S65 Prospects) Who do you think will be the highest drafted Halifax player this season and where do you see them going? The eligible players are Bald Guy, Dick Rash, Elasmobranch Fish, Matteo, Teagan Glover and Viktor Kozlov.

3. Do you think there will be any changes in the VHLM standings by the end of the season and if so what will they be?

4. How did week 4 go for your player? Any new developments that pleased or disappointed you?

5. Switching over to the VHL, which GM do you think is most deserving of an All-Star nod this season?

6. Thoughts on the new expansion teams? How would you feel if you got to play for one either next season or in the seasons to come?

Edited by Thranduil

5 hours ago, Thranduil said:

New Questions for week of Jan 28-Feb 3.                                                                                                                                                  

1. As the VHLM comes into the final stretch of what has been a fantastic and entertaining season, do you want to make any end of year predictions as far as surprises or award winners go?

I think there's a good chance of Halifax catching up with and passing Las Vegas in the standings. We have been the hotter team of recent. As far as personal player awards go, I think Diljodh will take quite a few of them home including MVP, Top Goalscorer and Top Pointscorer.

2. Who do you think will be the highest drafted Halifax player this season and where do you see them going? The eligible players are Bald Guy, Dick Rash, Elasmobranch Fish, Matteo, Teagan Glover and Viktor Kozlov.

It's tough to say. We've had lots of activity within the roster this season and Kozlov, Fish and Bald Guy have each proven to be very good prospects and it all depends on what the team needs. I would guess Kozlov maybe won't go as high as the others because it seems his player is more of an enforcer than anything and teams generally aren't looking for enforcers, so its between Guy and Fish. It could really go either way but I think with Guy knowing a bit more about hockey, and Fish just recently picking it up, GM's may be inclined to take Guy.

3. Do you think there will be any changes in the VHLM standings by the end of the season and if so what will they be?

I think Halifax passes Las Vegas and everyone else stays the same. Ottawa will push too.

4. How did week 4 go for your player? Any new developments that pleased or disappointed you?

Moose has began scoring at a more consistent rate which is pleasing. He has 11 points in 22 games with Halifax so far which is a drastic improvement from his 2 points in 34 games with Las Vegas.

5. Switching over to the VHL, which GM do you think is most deserving of an All-Star nod this season?

I think Beaviss has had a rough go of it this season. Someone should give the guy a break by voting him in for the ASG this season even if his team hasn't done all that well.

6. Thoughts on the new expansion teams? How would you feel if you got to play for one either next season or in the seasons to come?

I doubt I'll ever play for an expansion team, definitely not next season and to me the inaugural season is the only one that means anything so if by some miracle I end up on an expansion team next season, then cool, but after the first season it would just be like playing for any other team to be honest.

New Questions for week of Feb 4-10.                                                                                                                                                  

1. Now that the season has wrapped up, how do you feel about the team's performance? Was there anything that surprised or disappointed you?

2. Halifax will be facing Ottawa in round 1 of the upcoming playoffs. Who will win and how many games will it take them?

3. These next few weeks may very well be your last with the team. How do you plan to spend them and what will you miss about playing for Halifax?

4. Looking back to the beginning of this season, what were your expectations for your player and do you feel as if they have been fulfilled?

5. Predict this year's finals. Who wins the cup, how many games does it take them and whom do they do it against?

6. If you were in charge of making the lines for the playoffs, what would they be?

1. We did really well and kept our spot all season which is more than I expected.

2. We are going to sweep Ottawa ? 

3. I plan to win it with the boys. We are going all the way.

4. I expected to get minimum 100+ points and that’s exactly what I did. Really happy about that.

5. Halifax sweeps every round no cap

6. As long as I get first line minutes I don’t care ??‍♂️ 

On 2/3/2019 at 7:13 PM, Thranduil said:

1. Now that the season has wrapped up, how do you feel about the team's performance? Was there anything that surprised or disappointed you?

I wish we could have overtaken Las Vegas but we did everything else better than I expected so I can't complain. We can always beat them in the finals.

2. Halifax will be facing Ottawa in round 1 of the upcoming playoffs. Who will win and how many games will it take them?

I think Halifax in 6. We'll win games 1, 2, 4 and 6.

3. These next few weeks may very well be your last with the team. How do you plan to spend them and what will you miss about playing for Halifax?

Luckily for me, this will not be my last season as I will return next season and possibly in the one that follows, but I really want to beat my old team, Las Vegas.

4. Looking back to the beginning of this season, what were your expectations for your player and do you feel as if they have been fulfilled?

I was far from satisfied with my performence with Las Vegas Aces because they barely played me and I only had 2 points in 34 games, but once I got to Halifax my point production increased and I had 16 points in my last 34 games, which I consider a success because my player isn't known for his offense.

5. Predict this year's finals. Who wins the cup, how many games does it take them and whom do they do it against?

Halifax beats Las Vegas in 7 games. Games 2, 3, 6 and 7 going to Halifax.

6. If you were in charge of making the lines for the playoffs, what would they be?

Diljodh - Edvin - Madden
Kozlov - HHH - Mars
Rash - MacKinnon - Flipachyev
Diljodh - Glover - Madden

Vanderhuge - Guy
Fish - Moose

Smith/Chase

Overall rather pleased with our performance.  Maybe we had a change to win the regular season but Vegas seemed to be running away with it from the beginning.  I said this before and I'll say it again, regular season no longer matters come playoffs.

Hoping to finish it in 4, we will need to stay focused throughout the series.  Any lapse of focus will cost us.  The first two games were close, we need to keep our cool and discipline for the upcoming games.

I plan on working to get points and help Halifax hoist the Founder's Cup.  3 Goals already in the playoffs and I dont plan on stopping.

I expected to be the player Halifax needed and I believe I have achieved that.  I put up goals when it mattered but I was more focused on being the assist guy creating plays while still being helpful defensively.  I believe I did that.

Halifax v Vegas.  Halifax winning GM6.  

I would keep them the way they are right now.  Everything's working for us.  Maybe they need some tweeks when we hopefully play Vegas but we will see when the time comes.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:13 PM, Thranduil said:

1.We out preformed expectations, but it was a good run.

2. Ottawa in 5

3. I will not miss playing in Halifax, I like mcwolf but other than him I wont miss playing here.

4. I expected to leading in Hits, I feel accomplished that I was towards the top, and am surprised how many points Kozlov put up.

5 .Ottawa vs Oslo, Oslo wins in 4

6. I would not change the lines.  

On 2/4/2019 at 4:13 AM, Thranduil said:

1. I think we have surprised a lot of people. At the begining of the season we weren't one of the top two teams for anyone.

2. Lol, Hali will win, but of course that already happened. We will win the finals too ;)

3. Everyone has been very welcoming and that won't be forgotten. Hali and his GM/AGM have my loyalty.

4. I think Fish has surpassed expectations. He dindn't know how to skate and now he is an interesting prospect for the draft.

5. Hali 4-3 against Las Vegas.

6. Oh man you don't want to put that burden on me. I don't have ennough knowledge. I would just ask the veterans.