Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

New Questions for week of Apr 8-14.                                                                                                                                                  

Answer 3 Questions for 1 TPE or 6 Questions for 2 TPE. Enjoy!

1. Julius Freeman has led the team in points this season, putting up almost 100 with 3 games to go. What do you think is the secret to his success?

2. In your opinion, who are the VHLM MVP Candidates this season and who deserves the trophy most?

3. As S65 comes to a close and you head into your last few weeks with your many of your teammates, what have been your best memories with this squad and how will you spend your remaining weeks with them?

4. Halifax had a drop in point production at the end of the season. What went wrong and what needs to change for the playoffs?

5. How do our odds look heading into the post-season?

6. Halifax GM McWolf announced he will be resigning once the season is finished. Do you have any last messages or words to say to him? In my opinion, we should win him a cup before he retires. Would be a fitting way to end the reign of the GM that brought this team so far. Thoughts on this?

1. Julius Freeman has led the team in points this season, putting up almost 100 with 3 games to go. What do you think is the secret to his success?

I believe his secret to his success is his dedication to improving. Julius believes that there is not limit to his potential so he wants to become the best he can and improves daily. 

2. In your opinion, who are the VHLM MVP Candidates this season and who deserves the trophy most?

Going off the Halifax roster I think Teagan Glover is a great candidate. He has the best + rating and puts up points. He has definitely

comtibuted to a lot of this teams success. 

3. As S65 comes to a close and you head into your last few weeks with your many of your teammates, what have been your best memories with this squad and how will you spend your remaining weeks with them?

With my short time in VHLM, my favorite memories will be all of my teammates helping me get settled into the league and understand how to improve as a player in this league. 

4. Halifax had a drop in point production at the end of the season. What went wrong and what needs to change for the playoffs?

I believe it is the lack of defensive play. I know as a forward on the fourth line I need to develope more defensively going into playoffs which I think will help for playoffs. 

I think our odds are great to win this postseason. We have had a great season so far and no need to let dropping out of first diminish us. We will come out on top this post season. 

6. Halifax GM McWolf announced he will be resigning once the season is finished. Do you have any last messages or words to say to him? In my opinion, we should win him a cup before he retires. Would be a fitting way to end the reign of the GM that brought this team so far. Thoughts on this?

I want to thank McWolf for all the help he has provided me when I joined VHLM. I want to win him a cup just as bad as everyone else. Lets do it for McWolf, boys!

16 minutes ago, Thranduil said:

He knows where to put his TPE, also he went from 0 to 200 very fast.

Julius Freeman carried us in. Easy pick.

Oh God. I'm very sad. After 3 seasons here with Mac and Tyler and John and Teagan coming in here and there, it really sucks to leave. The only other place I ever played was Las Vegas and I really sucked there. Not sure how I'll handle the bigs.

Lines. And strategies.

Worse. Still decent.

He's been here for two of the three seasons. Very sad to see him go. Yes we must win a cup.

@Thranduil

Edited by Toasty

1. Julius Freeman has led the team in points this season, putting up almost 100 with 3 games to go. What do you think is the secret to his success?

Freeman is a stud, so I'd say that his secret to success is his raw natural talent... also his deployment/usage is pretty good, so the coaching staff has some part of that success.

Probably Hunter Hearst Helmsley? Leading scoring, pretty much carried Yukon himself. If I had to bet, it would be on him. Maybe Freeman and Jagr as 2 and 3.

Playing on Halifax has been pretty fun. I've embraced my role on the team, and am ready to go on a deep playoff push with the boys. There are some good teams in the VHLM playoffs, but I think we have a chance against anybody if we can play our A game.

Probably not playing Jaguar and Freeman together enough.

I wouldn't exactly call us favourites, but I think we have a chance against anybody. Over a 7 game series, I think our depth is enough to win us the games we need to make it deep in the playoffs.

I'm down to win a cup for him, but IMO you shouldn't trade away all your picks and then step down the next season. Good luck to the next GM, i guess. I'll be in the VHL, so no sweat off my ass.  :CrosbyLaugh:

11 hours ago, Thranduil said:

1. I work hard and set my goals higher than anyone thought possible. At the beginning of my time in Halifax, I was promised the second line if I worked hard. I worked so hard that I got first line time. Near halfway to the season, I top 20 TPE in my draft year, now I'm #3, only beaten by salaried individuals who have an extra month on me.

2. Honestly I think it normally should go to the best player on the best team. the problem with that is I think you can take away the best few players on Minnesota and they would still be one of the best teams so its hard for me to pick one of them. HHH is doing great points wise but if he is not on then his team suffers and at a time he is not on, I would have to say him though. OR in a weird way you can take the second place team HALIFAX and then look at their player with the most points sitting at 97 right now. COUGH COUGH. JK

3. Well some of my favorite times where when we were first getting to know each other. IT was a good time to be part of the team everyone super active, people getting nicknames. People really excited to compete. Great group of people and I think they are great.

4. So honestly this may sound cold hearted but I think we need to cut some of the lower lines minutes. When you look at some other teams their top lines are playing at least 45-50% of the time. Is that fair not really but when look at other teams and we have our 4th line against their top line for any stretch of time it does not bow well for us. I would engage playoff mode and cut the icetime of some players to make sure we have a shot at winning it all.

5. I think if we have shot if we work hard and change up our game plan to what I said in the previous question.

6. I will repeat what I said when I was chosen to be an assistant captain of this team.

We are a team first and foremost, and together we will push Halifax past the point where past teams have fallen short. We will do this for them, We will do this for Us, We will do this for all future Halifax. 

and I will add FOR @McWolf

On 4/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, rjfryman said:

1. Always working hard on the ice, having some good linemates and count on is defense to make some offensive plays.

2. Julius Freeman all the way, I mean 100 pts and don't know much about the rest of the league, but I guess 100 pts is pretty much a MVP candidate for sure.

3. I will get more active in the LR, try to get to know some of my teammates a little better, and my best memories were all the W's we got this season.

4. Some players, including myself, had some work to do, we kinda let VHL down for a moment, that can be a factor, but from now on, I want to be more active and claim as much TPE as I can every single week.

5. I think we are a contender to the title, I would be very nice for my 1st season!

6. I think he's amazing, was really friendly with me when I got traded to Halifax, always there when I needed him, answered my questions in no time, really did something great with this team, now it's our time to go on the ice and get him the cup!

I think it's pretty clear he has an amazing work ethic. He lives a "no days off" kind of life and his performance shows.

HHH and Julius have to be front runners, but Julius certainly deserves it most. He has been an absolute monster and only got better as the season went on.

There's really too many to list, but the camaraderie has been unlike any other. My best memory has to be winning Bronze on the Juniors team with Julius, which will be second to raising the cup with this team here shortly.

We were tired, its tough being at the top. We've got to keep it simple: Get pucks deep into their zone, get pucks into the net, and we gotta take it one shift at a time.

May the odds be forever in our favor!

I would like to thank him for the opportunity to play here for two years and thank him for believing in me. I wish him the best wherever he may go!

On 4/8/2019 at 10:50 PM, Thranduil said:

1. Jules work ethic is the highest of anyone i've seen in this league. He's and unreal guy, he just secretly hacks the sim to improve his stats. You heard it here first. Just kidding @rjfryman;)

2. Probably Triple H or even Jules imo. Both guys are studs

3. We started off strong and it's been a good journey. I was kinda hoping I could stick around for another season with the team but I grew too much and that didn't happen. I loved the community this team had on this discord and just in general.

4. Not entirely sure what went wrong. I know a few teams stacked up at the deadline so that could have an impact but i felt we had a decent team i guess we just couldn't get the W's like we could at first.

5. I feel we have a good chance of winning the cup. We have a pretty solid roster and I think we can take it all if we get the bounces.

6. McWolf is a real legend. He built a solid team in his tenure that he had, it would only be fitting to win him a cup in his final season with the team.

New Questions for week of Apr 15-21.                                                                                                                                                  

1. Are you proud of how we have played this postseason as a team and as an individual?

2. If you could change one thing about this season/postseason what would it be?

3. Who has been your favorite Teammate this season and why? What makes a great teammate to you?

4. How are you looking toward the VHL draft? Are you excited? Nervous? Where do you see yourself going?

5. If you had to sell yourself to VHL GM's what would you say?

6. Halifax GM McWolf announced he will be resigning once the season is finished. Thranduil is most likely his successor. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for him?

10 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

1. Are you proud of how we have played this postseason as a team and as an individual?

As a team I am so proud of what we have accomplished. Halifax set out to make it to the cup and we are here. Now we just need to finish strong and win the thing. Everyone here has worked hard to get here and I cannot say how ecstatic to be apart of this team and how well we have done. As an Individual I feel like I have not been pulling my weight this postseason. I got 100 points in the regular season and I feel like I am not pulling my weight in the postseason and in the finals.

I would change when I entered the league. If I knew about this league I would have joined sooner. Maybe I would have been more ready to help the team and be higher in the draft stock. I have worked hard but sometimes Time is the only thing that will equalize us. 

3. Who has been your favorite Teammate this season and why? What makes a great teammate to you?

That is a super tough one. And if you think I'm going to pick just one then you don't know me at all. I love @SirRupertBarnes who when I first came into this league was a great captain and a measuring stick to hold myself up against, he helped me early on and I cannot thank him enough. @Bucky___lastard is such a great teammate and line mate that anyone who says otherwise I'll fight. Also the fact that he is always so encouraging in what I say helps. He's awesome. @Plate is always fun to be around and he has some big ideas on how to make a better league and is crazy enough to try and do some of it. @gorlab was brought in through a trade but it never felt like it. when he comes into the locker-room it explodes with energy and hes a cool and knowledgable guy. What makes a great teammate? I think its honesty and passion. What ever else you bring to the table is great but if you are sincere and passionate then we can have fun with the differences.  

4. How are you looking toward the VHL draft? Are you excited? Nervous? Where do you see yourself going?

Honestly I have no idea. I am third in the ranking but that can change in an instance. So I'm super Nervous, There are great players all around me and they are not slowing down. The first 2 are almost locks but maybe not, I have no idea. A lot of the teams who have early picks also have good wingers. So even if I'm an early pick do I fit in a team? I honestly have no clue where I would be going. Few GM's have reached out so I don't know how much interest there actually is.

I work hard. I have and will continue to max out every week that I am involved in this league. I am super active and will do my best to stay active, as long as I can. I am smart and have crunched numbers to see what the best way to train is and I will do everything in my power to close the distance to what may be one of the most stacked drafts in VHL history. I am loyal to those who believe in me. @McWolf saw some hunger in me and said I worked hard I could do great. I worked hard and he believed in me enough to give me 1st line minutes. I rewarded him with 100 point season and a maxed player for playoffs. I know VHL there is no maxing but if you put trust in me I will reward you as best as I can.  

6. Halifax GM McWolf announced he will be resigning once the season is finished. Thranduil is most likely his successor. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for him?

@Thranduil you will be an awesome GM and I think that you will help Halifax come back to the finals. You are awesome and I think you will do great things as GM. Also don't forget VHLM is more about teaching and encouraging than winning. but if you do those well then winning should come easy.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:53 AM, rjfryman said:

1. I’m glad we’ve come this far but all I really want is to finally win a cup for Halifax. Down 3-1 is not a good situation to be in but we can do it. Individual performance I’m getting a point per game pretty much but I’m not getting the clutch goals I should be producing that the team needs

2. There’s not really much I’d change, I think it’s gone well overall I just hope we can complete the comeback.

3. @Plate is always a great guy to have a locker room. Although he’s been absent lately it’s still good to have him around. @rjfryman is a legend. He came into this season and just absolutely tore it up. I wasn’t sure what to think of him when he first showed up but he’s a great guy and such a dedicated earner. 10/10. Those would be my top 2.

4. I’m just hoping for the first round but I may fall out of it considering I don’t cap each week. I can’t see myself going any later than a 2nd though so we’ll see what happens.

5. I have a strong offensive upside getting a fair amount of goals and assists. But that’s only half my game, I can lay out the body and block shots as well. I have a well rounded two way play style and add a lot of physicality with a scoring touch to any team.

6. You got this @Thranduil. I know there’s a lot to live up to considering the success Halifax has had making it to the finals but maybe you can finally win them the cup they deserve.

On 4/17/2019 at 6:23 AM, rjfryman said:

@Thranduil you will be an awesome GM and I think that you will help Halifax come back to the finals. You are awesome and I think you will do great things as GM. Also don't forget VHLM is more about teaching and encouraging than winning. but if you do those well then winning should come easy.

7 minutes ago, SirRupertBarnes said:

You got this @Thranduil. I know there’s a lot to live up to considering the success Halifax has had making it to the finals but maybe you can finally win them the cup they deserve.

Thank you both so much for the kind words. It's truly been an honour to have GMed and AGMed with you two on the roster, you've both been inspiring, hard-working and very helpful and I couldn't be happier than to have shared the locker-room with you guys this season. You've honestly made my season a very memorable one. One that I won't forget for a long time. I know you'll both go on to have outstanding VHL careers, and we'll probably get into lots of good battles, so while we're still teammates, let's take this opportunity to win the cup!

1. Are you proud of how we have played this postseason as a team and as an individual?

Yes, I am proud with how we played. I think we have overcame from big barriers to make it to the finals!

I think I would have changed how I developed myself throughout this season. I think it would of helped if I would have been geared more towards defensively. 

Thranduil has been my favorite teammate. He is a great leader on and off the ice. 

I am very excited. I hope to see myself go around the 50-60’s

I have improved a lot and think I am a great defensive playmaker that can help the team win games. 

6. Halifax GM McWolf announced he will be resigning once the season is finished. Thranduil is most likely his successor. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for him?

Make sure you always keep the boys happy and allow everyone to mesh well together and you’ll win games. 

On 4/17/2019 at 5:53 AM, rjfryman said:

I haven't played as well as I have in the past 2 off-seasons, but overall I am very proud of the team. Did not expect to make the finals for the second straight season.

That we finished first in the standings, it would have capped off the perfect season. Also if John Madden was still here, it would be way better.

You and Teagan Glover and Chase and Dimitri. Honestly I didn't know any of you at the start of the season and really I still don't, but I've played so many games with you all know and I just love everyone so much.

I've been drafted already, but it will be cool to see who joins Riga.

I would just say that if you need a defenseman who isn't just trying to get points all the time and who actually cares about his own end and shutting down the other team, I'm your guy.

Thranduil, or in real life James, has been a good friend of mine for awhile and I'm happy for him that he gets to be GM. If I could say anything, I would remind him that Halifax has never finished lower than third in the standings, so no pressure bud.

1. Are you proud of how we have played this postseason as a team and as an individual?

I am really proud of every single member of this team, they did their best and we got far! It's a little bit disappointing to lose at the end, but I think we grew and defeat is a part of this game. On a individual side, I felt like I should have done more in the playoffs, it means I need to train and work harder next season.

Win the playoffs, obviously.

Have to go with Gorlab, been with me since Philly, a great guy, and someone to look to.

I think I still have a lot to do here, in the minors. So I don't expect anything from this draft, I'll just wait and see.

Physical, passionate, no fear

I am sure he will do great, I wish him the best, he's an awesome guy.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:49 PM, SirRupertBarnes said:

1. Yes probably, I scored two goals in the last game to keep us in it.

2. Probably not losing the founder's cup finals.

3. Teagan Glover because he was a great role model in the locker room and a great player on the ice as well.

4. I'm actually very excited hoping I go somewhere from the late forties to early fifties. I don't really care that much as long as I get drafted by a team.

5. I would say that I am extremely hard-working and I will try my best to do everything for your team.

6. Honestly I believe that Thranduil will be a great GM for Halifax but he just needs to make the right decisions for us to succeed not only now but also in the future.

I am very proud of how we played. Would have liked to have been on the scoresheet more and it really sucks to lose to my old team, but all and all, we put forth a good effort.

Wish I could've stayed with Edvin and Nacho for a longer time, but I'll get to do all that this season, so it's all good.

I had awesome chemistry with Edvin all the way through and Nacho came in at the same time as me, via draft, so I enjoyed getting to know him.

I was already drafted, but in the case of the expansion draft which I recently went through, I was very upset when Mexico City drafted me, but we got it all sorted out so it is ok.

I'm a good all-rounded player, capable of scoring and I can keep up with the big stars on any team.

6. Halifax GM McWolf announced he will be resigning once the season is finished. Thranduil is most likely his successor. Any words of wisdom or encouragement for him?

Thanks for bringing me back pal. I'm from Halifax, and don't intend to play anywhere else in the VHLM. Besides stupid Oslo of course.

Edited by Gaudette

New Questions for week of Apr 29-May 5.                                                                                                                                                  

1. What is it like being part of Halifax this season?

2. The captains vote is currently on and besides yourself who is your top choice for captain?

3. With the season opener about a week away, how much TPE do you preferably want to have by that point?

4. What are your goals for this season, in terms of both individual and team performance?

5. What are your thoughts on Halifax's Discord locker-room? Any suggestions on how we could improve it?

6. What are your overall thoughts on the team and roster that we have here? Where do you think we'll finish in the standings?

But a simple look at our current roster!

2 minutes ago, Thranduil said:

2. The captains vote is currently on and besides yourself who is your top choice for captain?

3. With the season opener about a week away, how much TPE do you preferably want to have by that point?

4. What are your goals for this season, in terms of both individual and team performance?

5. What are your thoughts on Halifax's Discord locker-room? Any suggestions on how we could improve it?

6. What are your overall thoughts on the team and roster that we have here? Where do you think we'll finish in the standings?

1. I think that Halifax is great and has great people.

2. Probably Nacho I think he has just done so much work and he is willing to go all in for us.

3. Im thinking anything above 150 would be nice but hey you never know

4. I hope I can hit at least 70 points with hopefully 50 assists and for Halifax just making the playoffs

5. I think that it might just be one of THE best locker-rooms in the league and its good the way it is

6. I think we have it pretty good as long as we make smart transactions and smart free agency pickups we're set to be a top 4 contender.

1. What is it like being part of Halifax this season?

Pretty cool so far.  Very welcoming atmosphere, and a good competitive fire.

Um, I'm still meeting the team, but Gaudette and Nacho seem to be popular guys in the discord.  I want active captains.

I'm trying to get about 75.  Might be able to find a little more if I am lucky.

4. What are your goals for this season, in terms of both individual and team performance?

I would like to see a save percentage above .900.  Obviously we are going to get Halifax the first championship.

I like it so far.  Everyone seems to be getting along well.

I think we are a playoff team for sure, and we should be able to make a championship run.  I just hope to be able to do my part to help our team get there.

8 hours ago, Thranduil said:

1.) it's awesome I love how Thran got me back in a trade after I was selected in the Expansion draft I love the guys here 

2.) Nacho Nacho and More Nacho, He's probably my Favourite teammate and I've been playing with him most of my first year in Halifax

3.) I want 135 TPE I'm at 117 Rn so hopefully I'll be able to get to 135 in a week by doing all of the TPE stuff

4.) J want to get 50 goals myself I feel I'm able to get it and it will help the team a lot and as a team stand point I think we can be first in the league 

5.) I've been there for a while now and I don't really think we need more changes there it's a great place maybe remove pokecord tho

6.) It's good I know Ima be playing a lot with Nacho and Axelson to start the year but most of the other guys are active and are ready to win

• Commissioner
10 hours ago, Thranduil said:

1.) I've only been a member for a day but so far the group has been extremely friendly and active.

2.) My votes were for Nacho (Veteran) and Gaudette, they are very active and actually care about the team.

3.) Since I just created my character and the cap is about 12 a week (I think i could be wrong). I'm hoping to have 42.

4.) Goals for this season is to obviously contribute to the team and learn the VHLM way. Hopefully work my way up the depth chart with more TPE.

5.) The discord has been great so far. I don't think anything needs to be improved. 

6.) My overall thoughts  are that we're heaving on the RW which is making me think about switching over to LW to help the team out. We're also a bit light on the D. Overall the TPE of players seems high so I think with the proven record of Halifax being in the league 4 years and having 3 top 3 appearances and a final appearance it might be Halifax's year. 

Guest VanCanWin

1. Being part of Halifax 21st is like being part of a family. A good, talented, athletic,  family of winners!

2. So many good options but I’m going with... Anton Edvin.

3. As much as possible ☺️ I have 44 now with some pending so hopefully can jump up to 55/60 quickly.

4. My first goal is to get acclimated with the team and league.

My second goal is to be a useful part of this team in my rookie season!

5. Still feeling the locker room out but initial thoughts are very positive!

6. We have a good, fun team. I do think we can finish high in the standings this year.

26 minutes ago, Guest VanCanWin said:

1. Being part of Halifax 21st is like being part of a family. A good, talented, athletic,  family of winners!

2. So many good options but I’m going with... Anton Edvin.

3. As much as possible ☺️ I have 44 now with some pending so hopefully can jump up to 55/60 quickly.

4. My first goal is to get acclimated with the team and league.

My second goal is to be a useful part of this team in my rookie season!

5. Still feeling the locker room out but initial thoughts are very positive!

6. We have a good, fun team. I do think we can finish high in the standings this year.

for some reason it says you are signed in as a guest, not sure why, I know you do have a real account.

So far it's been great! I just joined and everyone in the locker room has been a big help in getting me adjusted for this new season.

Gaudette or Nacho for sure. They seem like great leaders on and off the ice.

Um, I'm unsure how much I can get within the week but I'd like to get as much as possible.

I'm hoping this year, under sheltered minutes I can adjust here. Team wise I hope we go for it all, of course! I'd like to give Halifax a cup.

The discord is awesome. It's a fantastic space to make new buds and just chill out with the gang. Since I'm brand new, I have no thoughts so far on how to improve.

I think we're a little light on D.  With the group we have, I wouldnt be surprised if we went high in the standings.

Edited by fonziGG
Forgot to answer the main part of question 5.