S62 Award Committee + All-VHL Teams

Will

• Senior Admin

S62 Award Committeee

As I mentioned 2 seasons ago when we announced the inaugural Award Committee, members are only eligible to serve 3 consecutive seasons and General Manager's aren't eligible to serve on the Committee. As such, we have a few rotations to make this season - the remaining members from the original committee will be rotated after this season when their eligibility expires.

I hope everyone agrees that the first Award Committee has done a terrific job the past 2 seasons, all the members have been active with participating in the Awards discussion and voting, and I can tell you from looking over the discussion that they've done a great job of keeping the discussions thoughtful and thorough. So I'd like to thank the 4 members that will be leaving the committee this season for all their hard work and a job well done: @Quik, @Spade18, @tfong, @der meister

Now, your Season 62 Award Committee will be:

@diamond_ace (Chairman)

@Tagger

@Smarch

@CowboyinAmerica

@omgitshim*

@Devise*

@Victor*

@.sniffuM*

* New Addition

All VHL/VHLM Teams

For the first time ever, this season we will be naming All-VHL & VHLM Teams. This will be more clear for anyone familiar with the NHL All-Star Team, but if not, note that this is different from the All-Star Game - the All-VHL Teams are more 'team of the season' and, while there is no actual sim attached to this, there will be TPE Awarded to each player selected and the All-Star Teams will be tracked in the HOF each season.

In effect, the All-Star Team is intended to be sort of a supplemental award to give added recognition to players, particularly to Defensemen and Goalies whose true awards are rather limited.

How it will work 

The Award Committee will vote each season, naming VHL Players to the following teams:

All VHL 1st Team = 2 TPE Uncapped (LW/C/RW/D/D/G)

All VHL 2nd Team = 1 TPE Uncapped (LW/C/RW/D/D/G)

All VHL Rookie Team = 1 TPE Uncapped (LW/C/RW/D/D/G) 

Players will who make each team will receive the corresponding Uncapped TPE and, in time, will have their spot on the All-Star Team preserved in the Portal's Hall of Fame and on their player page.  

VHLM

VHLM will also get two Teams that work in the same way:

All VHLM 1st Team = 2 TPE Uncapped (LW/C/RW/D/D/G)

All VHLM 2nd Team = 1 TPE Uncapped (LW/C/RW/D/D/G)

However, these teams won't be decided by the Award Committee. They will be voted on either by VHLM GM's or named by the VHLM Commissioner's. TBD. 

:cheers: 

• Senior Admin
7 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Minor detail, but they're technically not All-Star teams, as the All VHL 1st Team and All VHL 2nd Team are the awards themselves.

Right. Tbqh, I'm not really familiar with NHL AST myself and @Beketov just asked me throw that part in as I was announcing the award committee, so potentially everything I said is wrong. ? 

Please direct all All-Star Team questions to @Victor

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Will said:

Right. Tbqh, I'm not really familiar with NHL AST myself and @Beketov just asked me throw that part in as I was announcing the award committee, so potentially everything I said is wrong. ? 

Hey, don’t throw this on me, I worded it as “All-VHL Teams” :P

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

So does this effect the VHL all star gsme?

No, these are more akin to awards than anything else. They have no weight on the all-star game.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Ctrl+f "abolish Jake Wylde Trophy"

No results found

:wat:

You're on the committee now, suggest it officially when I post the thread of nominees at the end of the season. I can't guarantee you we'll all agree, but you have a seat at the table.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

You're on the committee now, suggest it officially when I post the thread of nominees at the end of the season. I can't guarantee you we'll all agree, but you have a seat at the table.

I only just realized I put my biggest rival for the Funk in the position to decide who gets nominated for what. Incoming Thompson not on the ballot :P

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

I only just realized I put my biggest rival for the Funk in the position to decide who gets nominated for what. Incoming Thompson not on the ballot :P

I'll put people on the ballot if they deserve to be on the ballot. I'll probably go too far in the other direction, nominating people who have barely a case, just to avoid skipping someone

• Commissioner
15 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I'll put people on the ballot if they deserve to be on the ballot. I'll probably go too far in the other direction, nominating people who have barely a case, just to avoid skipping someone

I know you will, that’s why we appointed you. I was just making a joke. Not gonna lie, if I double my production from last year as it looks like I will I think it would be fairly obvious if you didn’t nominate me haha

8 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I know you will, that’s why we appointed you. I was just making a joke. Not gonna lie, if I double my production from last year as it looks like I will I think it would be fairly obvious if you didn’t nominate me haha

Considering where you're at compared to where I'm at, I think you could make a stronger case that I offered to be chair so that I'd even make the ballot, rather than just writing the award off as yours and not making the thread.