Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending July 31st

(Answer all 6 for 2 TPE, or 3 for 1 TPE)

To Claim: Click the "3 dots" in the top right of your post > share > copy link.

Then go to https://vhlportal.com/ > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference, and paste your link in the box.

1. Al Land @Big Deeis continuing his domination this season, sitting at 90 points and 45 Goals in just 52 games. How many Goals and Points do you think he'll end up with after the full 72 games?

2. In net @orbitis being equally dominant, running away with effectively every single stat. Do you think he will get consideration for the League MVP award for his efforts?

3. Trade Deadline will likely have happened by the time most of you see this. Which means the S86 recreates will start coming in. How do you think this influx of high earning, late creating, players will change the look of the playoff teams?

4. At the time of writing this, we currently have 9 of the 10 highest +/- rating players in the league. Last season we had that too at one point, but never managed to have all 10 at once. Do you think we'll manage it this season? (Doing so would require @GP18 to go at least +10 in the remaining 20 games)

5. Juan Ceson has been strangely quiet as of late, do you think this is a sign that he is busy planning some new money making scheme? Or has he just taken to leading by example on the ice instead?

6. A massive trade between Florida and Calgary happened in the NHL just recently. Did you see it? And if so what are your thoughts?

3 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

Then go to https://vhlportal.com/ > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference, and paste your link in the box.

1. Al Land @Big Deeis continuing his domination this season, sitting at 90 points and 45 Goals in just 52 games. How many Goals and Points do you think he'll end up with after the full 72 games?

2. In net @orbitis being equally dominant, running away with effectively every single stat. Do you think he will get consideration for the League MVP award for his efforts?

3. Trade Deadline will likely have happened by the time most of you see this. Which means the S86 recreates will start coming in. How do you think this influx of high earning, late creating, players will change the look of the playoff teams?

4. At the time of writing this, we currently have 9 of the 10 highest +/- rating players in the league. Last season we had that too at one point, but never managed to have all 10 at once. Do you think we'll manage it this season? (Doing so would require @GP18 to go at least +10 in the remaining 20 games)

5. Juan Ceson has been strangely quiet as of late, do you think this is a sign that he is busy planning some new money making scheme? Or has he just taken to leading by example on the ice instead?

6. A massive trade between Florida and Calgary happened in the NHL just recently. Did you see it? And if so what are your thoughts?

1) I believe he'll keep the streak. I hope he'll hit the 140-145 mark.

2) It'll either be him or Al Land as the frontrunner.

3) I could see this being a pretty scary sight, as we don't know who will recreate players and who can shift the balance for some teams.

4) I think it's very possible. We just have to keep putting the puck in the net.

5) I think he's scared of me because I'm the true TopTiddee.

6) I did see it. I think Calgary fleeced Florida.

8 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. 53 goals and 113 points

2.I sure believe he will

3.I just hope we can make a deep run and it won't affect us negatively 

4.We can get it done this season!

5.Well if he's being this quiet, I have to assume he is distracted off of the ice

6. I did and I think it was a good move for Tkachuck

On 7/25/2022 at 3:21 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Hell be at around 150 since hell be at that 2 points per game avg

2. A good goalie is what wins cups so yes

3. It should stay mostly the same 

4. I don't think we can but it'll be close

5. He's crafting up something big in the shadows

6. Wish it was with the Blues but as long as a Canadian team is suffering I'm happy

On 7/25/2022 at 4:21 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1.He could hit 130 points and 60 Goals if he keeps up this streak

2.for sure

3.i think it will shake up the league in a good way

4.I think we have a shot to be all the top 10 +/-in the league

5.i think he is leading by exemple on the ice

6. I did not see it

On 7/25/2022 at 1:21 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Easily 200 or so.
2.As the great Billy Preston once said, nothin' from nothin leaves nothin'. So yes.
3. I think they'll probably play spoiler for some team that didn't rely on them.
4. DO IT!!!!!!
5. Clearly plotting his vengeance. They know what they did.
6. Still think its hilarious.

On 7/25/2022 at 2:21 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. I'd guess around 65-70 goals and 135 points.

2. Hell yes.

3. It will make teams have more depth but I don't think they will get the most minutes.

4. I think it's possible but we just have to continue are dominants.

5. He's making money moves.

6. I new a move was coming but all I can say is a over pay on Florida's part. 

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending August 7th

How to Claim:

1. We are currently just barely on pace to set a new franchise point record for Vegas, with 124 points being the score to beat. Do you think we'll have what it takes to get there?

2. In the last sim our 3rd line absolutely popped off. Do you think this is a sign of things to come in the playoffs? Will we be able to repeat last season's formula of winning through depth?

3. I made a Media Spot about the top 5 First generation prospects in the upcoming VHL draft, this week. We have both Reid Johnson @TopTiddee2 and Larry Abass Jr @RileyL on that list. Who do you think will get drafted first of the two?👀

4. After some very unfortunate games in net, Cory Evans @orbit SV% lead has dropped to .001. Do you think he will be able to hold on to the throne he's had all season. Or will it be stolen at the last minute?

5. In other news, Juan Ceson has adopted Reid Johnson. I'm not sure what adoption agency allowed that. But who am I to question it? Do you think Juan Ceson will make a good father figure for our young and impressionable Defenseman?

6. Are you involved in any other sim leagues/fantasy hockey/etc. online? If so, which leagues?

4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. We are currently just barely on pace to set a new franchise point record for Vegas, with 124 points being the score to beat. Do you think we'll have what it takes to get there?

2. In the last sim our 3rd line absolutely popped off. Do you think this is a sign of things to come in the playoffs? Will we be able to repeat last season's formula of winning through depth?

3. I made a Media Spot about the top 5 First generation prospects in the upcoming VHL draft, this week. We have both Reid Johnson @TopTiddee2 and Larry Abass Jr @RileyL on that list. Who do you think will get drafted first of the two?👀

4. After some very unfortunate games in net, Cory Evans @orbit SV% lead has dropped to .001. Do you think he will be able to hold on to the throne he's had all season. Or will it be stolen at the last minute?

5. In other news, Juan Ceson has adopted Reid Johnson. I'm not sure what adoption agency allowed that. But who am I to question it? Do you think Juan Ceson will make a good father figure for our young and impressionable Defenseman?

6. Are you involved in any other sim leagues/fantasy hockey/etc. online? If so, which leagues?

1) I think we have a good shot at completing that goal, it's going to be hard with the tough teams we'll have to play against but we can get the job done.

2) I think the fact that we can rely on all 3 lines is a great thing, especially come playoff time. It will get tough down the stretch and any production counts.

3) Me. JK. I think it just depends on the team needs really.

4) It might get rough for him when we play the stronger teams to end the season, but I think he'll still be considered the top goalie in the league come the end of the season.

5) No he is a bad father and disobeys papa shindigs.

6) No.

9 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. I think we have what it takes, it just depends on how the sim treats us.

2. Absolutely, its good to rely on more than just two lines.

3. I don't know,  we will just have to wait till draft day.

4. Cory is an elite goalie, so yes I think he will be able to hold on to his throne.

5. I would rather not say, don't want to create any locker room drama.

6. No.

20 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. OFC WE DO!!!

2. I think this seasons playoffs will go even more smoothly than last since we are overall a better team all around

3. Since itll be a coin flip anyways I will say Larry

4. Nah hes gonna be siting high a mighty at the awards show

5. As long as he doesnt corrupt him then we should be okay but can never be to careful

6. Im in the PBE! I would call it my main league but I was in the vhl before PBE

On 8/1/2022 at 2:11 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. Two games left and we sit at 121 points, need two wins to beat it. The last game against Mississauga will be the deciding factor as they've beat us the last three games. Something needs to change so we can get the Hound off our back so to speak.

2. We have a lot of depth which definitely important. The Hounds may be our only real challenger but we have what it takes to beat them.

3. That's a tough choice. Just based on stats, I'll guess Larry Abass Jr goes first.

4. He's now down by .001 so he needs some great performances the last two games to retake the lead.

5. Knowing next to nothing about Ceson, I have no comment on the matter.

6. I was involved in the IHL (GMing with NHL players) but it shut down a few years ago. I've been involved in a few leagues over the years, including helping Simon with his STHS documentation way back in the day. I would love to start up a league with fake players that runs like the NHL.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:11 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. Yes!

2. depth can be super helpful.

3. I couldn't say, it really depends on what the team needs.

4. I think if he has been dominate all season he will be able to hold it out.

5. Yes. 

6. I am in PBE (New York Voyagers 1B) SHL (Maine Timber goaltender) SSL (Uniao So Palo goalkeeper) and ISFL (Tijuana Luchadores DE)   

On 8/1/2022 at 1:11 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. No. Because I'm from the future.

2. Our 3rd line can beat anyone else's 3rd line so yes.

3. Johnson. It says Top in his name and everything.
4. If anyone tries, we'll take them out behind the barn and cap their fucking knees.
5. I'm willing to see where it goes.
6. SBA, SCSFL, Werewolf

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending August 14th

How to Claim:

1. Well, playoffs are off to a weird start with Ottawa's team of bots taking out a stacked Mississauga team in 5 and SSK, who we were 11-0-0 against in the regular season, taking us to Game 6 at the time of writing this. As well as an anemic Halifax squad giving Houston a run for their money. What do you think is the cause of these upsets in basically every single series?

2. The Junior Showcase Tournament is starting up this week, with me being one of the commissioners and @TopTiddee2 being one of the GMs for it, are you excited to follow it/take part in it?

3. With the summer slowly coming to an end, what has been your best memory this summer?

4. We have quite a few Vegas players in the discussion for (or already guaranteed) some Awards at the end of this season. How do you think they will do? Will Abass get a nod for best two-way forward? Will MacElroy take home best Defenseman? Will Evans get best goalie?

5. If you could add a new point task to the VHL, what would it be?

6. If you were to submit a trivia question for the VHL about something Vegas achieved this season, what would it be about?

3 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. Well, playoffs are off to a weird start with Ottawa's team of bots taking out a stacked Mississauga team in 5 and SSK, who we were 11-0-0 against in the regular season, taking us to Game 6 at the time of writing this. As well as an anemic Halifax squad giving Houston a run for their money. What do you think is the cause of these upsets in basically every single series?

2. The Junior Showcase Tournament is starting up this week, with me being one of the commissioners and @TopTiddee2 being one of the GMs for it, are you excited to follow it/take part in it?

3. With the summer slowly coming to an end, what has been your best memory this summer?

4. We have quite a few Vegas players in the discussion for (or already guaranteed) some Awards at the end of this season. How do you think they will do? Will Abass get a nod for best two-way forward? Will MacElroy take home best Defenseman? Will Evans get best goalie?

6. If you were to submit a trivia question for the VHL about something Vegas achieved this season, what would it be about?

1) The hockey gods are gifting them these wins. Hopefully we can prevail.

2) Very excited. Meeting the new generation of players is something I look forward to.

3) Vacation in the Caribbean

4) I think we'll have quite a few, I could see Evans getting Best G and Al Land grabbing some.

5) I think Poke Checking school

6) Which Las Vegas Aces player scored 60 Goals and 123 points in S84? A: Al Land

11 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. Well I guess bots > players

2. I'm excited to follow and see where the players end up.

3. Camping with the Family.

4. I think everyone who gets nominated has a pretty good shot at winning the award especially MacElroy and Evans.

5.  Honestly to be completely honest I don't have an answer.

6. Something like, who was Vegas starting goalie in S84.

On 8/8/2022 at 4:03 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. The sim clearly has some different way of simming in the playoffs

2. I was in it last season and it was a nice experience

3. Not much. Its been overly hot and ive been working all summer 

4. I best be getting best dman or we all riot

5. idk I dont think id add one more of make the PT maybe 5 tpe and 300 words. 500 is just too many for me to not burn out on

6. What season did vegas have the second most points in

On 8/8/2022 at 5:03 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. The bots are showing their overtaking of the world.

2. Ya it's gonna be great!

3. Getting to meet new people and joining some leagues

4. I think so. 

5. I'm not sure I like how the point tasks are.

6. How many points did the Aces finish with in S84

On 8/8/2022 at 3:03 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Blame everything on STHS. It's Simon's fault. 😄

2. I'm on the Delhi Pickles and it looks like we're doing well so far. I've never taken part before so it's neat to participate!

3. Been a busy summer but I think my favorite is the most recent: A camping trip in the mountains with my wife this past week (no kids and no dog!)

4. I think Las Vegas will slay for the awards. Best goalie might be contested but we'll see.

5. I think new options for TPE is great. They may have done this in the past but perhaps sharing social media posts about the league.

6. What team won the S84 Founder's Cup?

Aces_Bar.png

Las Vegas Aces Press Conference - Week Ending August 21st

How to Claim:

1. We did it! We won the cup! What's your best memory of this cup winning season with Vegas?

2. We had a lot of big performances in this playoffs. Who do you think was the biggest piece in our victory?

3. After winning the back to back, this puts us in the position to try and go for the first threepeat in VHLM history, do you think we'll have what it takes?

4. After winning the cup Cory Evans @orbit announced his retirement from the VHLM. What's some parting word you have for our Vegas legend?

5. Juan Ceson, our beloved captain for both the cup wins, will be walking to Free Agency this off-season. Why do you think he should re-sign with Vegas?

6. If Juan Ceson doesn't re-sign with Vegas, what do you think we should rebrand the arena (Juan Ceson Center) as well as the practice facility (Juan Ceson Practice Facility)?

1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. We did it! We won the cup! What's your best memory of this cup winning season with Vegas?

2. We had a lot of big performances in this playoffs. Who do you think was the biggest piece in our victory?

3. After winning the back to back, this puts us in the position to try and go for the first threepeat in VHLM history, do you think we'll have what it takes?

4. After winning the cup Cory Evans @orbit announced his retirement from the VHLM. What's some parting word you have for our Vegas legend?

5. Juan Ceson, our beloved captain for both the cup wins, will be walking to Free Agency this off-season. Why do you think he should re-sign with Vegas?

6. If Juan Ceson doesn't re-sign with Vegas, what do you think we should rebrand the arena (Juan Ceson Center) as well as the practice facility (Juan Ceson Practice Facility)?

1) Winning it with papa Shindigs

2) Me. Top Tiddee.

3) I think it can happen. The problem is getting the necessary replacements to build a strong team again.

4) Thank you for sticking around and way to go out!

5) Because reasons.

6) Reid Johnson Practice Facility, Cory Evans Center

1. Being new I haven't had much happen but getting to work with the coach in growing my player has been good.

2. Cory Evans has bean unstoppable in these playoffs.

3. I think if we keep up the work and grow the younger players definitely.

4I haven't talked with him personally but game wise he is amazing.

5.  One word ThreePeat.

6. Ya definitely they have done a lot for the team and deserve recognition.

On 8/8/2022 at 2:03 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. Not enough fighting.

2. Brigade baby! Putting up PIM left and right. And occasionally some points.

3. Took my daugfhter to her first soccer match. She loved it!

4. I have no earthly idea. But we *are* the champions.

5. Chirping. 150 words of just chirping whoever or whatever you feel. 3 TPE.

6. Which Vegas Aces player was the only player to win a fight this season/

On 8/16/2022 at 10:10 AM, Shindigs said:

Aces_Bar.png

How to Claim:

1. Getting traded up to a better and more well managed team allowing me an opportunity to be a part of a successful team.

2. Gotta be Fred Hampton with an outstanding performance

3.We will grind during the off season and make that a realistic possibility

4. Great Career sums it up

5. Obviously he is a great fit in the program and an inspiration to the newer guys here

6. Keep the practice facility the same in his honor and I don't quite know about the arena