Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1. The Wranglers are 6-5-2 since our last weekly press conference. What do we need to improve on ?
Score more. Get scored on less. 

3. Rookie Kris Rice is on pace for 20 goals this season. Will he do it ?
My man Kris will shatter that milestone. I think he will score 21 goals. You heard it here first.

4. Its Superbowl Sunday. Are you watching the game? Who are you cheering for ?
I did watch. Go Chiefs.

5. Better gameday foods: 

chips and dip or nachos + Salsa ? 

pizza or wings ?
Can't go wrong with wings. It's a tradition almost as important as the Super Bowl itself.

8. Have you visited the West Edmonton mall yet ?
I loathe everything with the name "Edmonton". I live in Calgary, yall.

10. We are 21 games into the season. What part of your game are you proud of so far ?
I'm a better playmaker than I thought I was I guess. I also beat my point total from last season which is fun.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:49 AM, Jubis said:

PSX_20200115_064511.jpg.ad73f86a54857ea55df881e4218ee14a.jpg

scream queens spoiler GIF

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. The Wranglers are 6-5-2 since our last weekly press conference. What do we need to improve on ? 

2. Calgary has the 6th best powerplay % but the 2nd best penalty kill in the league. Are these special team numbers a recipe for winning ? 

3. Rookie Kris Rice is on pace for 20 goals this season. Will he do it ? 

4. Its Superbowl Sunday. Are you watching the game? Who are you cheering for ? 

5. Better gameday foods: 

chips and dip or nachos + Salsa ? 

pizza or wings ? 

6.  Calgary has currently slid into 5th place in the Standings. Would you be content if you finished the season in 5th place? 

7. Calgary's weather can be odd with the chinooks. It can fluctuate up to 20-30 degrees Celsius one day to the next. Could be -20 one day then +5 the next.  Have you gotten used to this ?

8. Have you visited the West Edmonton mall yet ? 

9.  Who on the team uses the oldest and dirtiest looking equipment ? 

10. We are 21 games into the season. What part of your game are you proud of so far ? 

11. Do you have any tips on how to improve hand-eye coordination? 

@Bushito @cody73 @enigmatic @Krice13 @Big Mac @DMaximus @MexicanCow123 @animal74 @Beketov @Tagger @SlapshotDragon @Devise @diamond_ace

@Jubis

good morning middle finger GIF by Quickpage

2. I'd think so. Special teams are always crucial in games and they can make or break the game. Our special teams have been great and I think our successful (for the most part) season so far reflects that.

3. No doubt about it. Rice is a great player!

6. As long as 5th place gets us in the playoffs, I'd be content.

8. Yes. Imagine if there was an Edmonton team. We would be dead in there.

9. Well, it used to be me but I recently went through a gear change. I guess Rift? He's pretty old, I think. His gear seems like it.

10. Probably my ability to control the rebound. It has gotten better over the years.

PSX_20200115_064511.jpg.3dbf0bf95f360adc5ae6945777f26349.jpg

chicago cubs wine GIF by MLB

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

We are mid way through the season. Let's do some Projections and predictions. 

1. The Wranglers have gone 10-4-1 since our last weekly press conference. Are you happy with that record  through 15 games ? Anything to improve upon ?

2. We are currently mid way through the season with 36 games played. Calgary sits in 3rd place. What is your mid season projection for where you finish in the standings ?

3. Today you lost to Moscow 4-0 and D.C 1-0 in OT.  You play the same two teams again tomorrow. What are your score predictions for those games ?

4. What's your favourite fast food burger ?

5. Who on the team owns the nicest house or condo in Calgary ? ( share a pic if you like)

6. Who has been Calgary's MVP so far this season ? 

7. How many goals will Wranglers goal leader Barabash jr. finish the season with ? Currently has 15 goals  in 36 games played. 

8. How many assists will Calgary's  assist leader Jordan Tonn have this season ? Currently has 22 assists in 36 games played. 

9. Hiroshi Okada beat up Benny Graves in a fight this week. Okada is now the new VHL world heavy weight champion. What's it like having him on the team ?

10. Rapid fire questions !

Can you swim ?

Can you ride a bike?

Can you drive a manual transmission?

gun middle finger GIF

Thanks ! See you next week

Members

@Bushito @cody73 @enigmatic @Krice13 @Big Mac @DMaximus @MexicanCow123 @animal74 @Beketov @Tagger @SlapshotDragon @Devise @diamond_ace

@Jubis

Edited by Jubis

1 minute ago, Jubis said:

PSX_20200115_064511.jpg.3dbf0bf95f360adc5ae6945777f26349.jpg

chicago cubs wine GIF by MLB

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

We are mid way through the season. Let's do some Projections and predictions. 

1. The Wranglers have gone 10-4-1 since our last weekly press conference. Are you happy with that of record  through 15 games ? Anything to improve upon ? I think we just gotta work on defensive consistency 

2. We are currently mid way through the season with 36 games played. Calgary sits in 3rd place. What is your mid season projection for where you finish in the standings ? 2nd place, and that’s banking on the fact we have 7 games against Toronto in the next half. 

3. Today you lost to Moscow 4-0 and D.C 1-0 in OT.  You play the same two teams again tomorrow. What are your score predictions for those games ? 3-2 otl (Moscow) 4-5 (we beat DC)

4. What's your favourite fast food burger ? Baconator

5. Who on the team owns the nicest house or condo in Calgary ? ( share a pic if you like) I’d say Barabash

6. Who has been Calgary's MVP so far this season ? Barabash

7. How many goals will Wranglers goal leader Barabash jr. finish the season with ? Currently has 15 goals  in 36 games played. I think he’ll have at least 30 maybe 38

8. How many assists will Calgary's  assist leader Jordan Tonn have this season ? Currently has 22 assists in 36 games played. He’s definitely a wildcard as his totals are lowering, but I think he’ll get 35- 42

9. Hiroshi Okada beat up Benny Graves in a fight this week. Okada is now the new VHL world heavy weight champion. What's it like having him on the team ? He’s one of the toughest young guys I’ve seen play, and it’s amazing to have him on the team. 

10. Rapid fire questions !

Can you swim ? - yes 

Can you ride a bike? - yes

Can you drive a manual transmission? - You already know this answer.

gun middle finger GIF

Thanks ! See you next week

@Jubis

1. The Wranglers have gone 10-4-1 since our last weekly press conference. Are you happy with that of record  through 15 games ? Anything to improve upon ?

I think we can still step it up. We just need to play simple hockey and the results will come.

2. We are currently mid way through the season with 36 games played. Calgary sits in 3rd place. What is your mid season projection for where you finish in the standings ?

i think we can finish top 3.

3. Today you lost to Moscow 4-0 and D.C 1-0 in OT.  You play the same two teams again tomorrow. What are your score predictions for those games ?

We can for sure come out on top in both games next time. Coach talked to us after those games and i think what he said has really sunk in with the team.

I just go with a simple Mama burger from A&W

Its been Rift. He has kept us in some huge games and has worked his ass off for this team. Now we just need to show him that we can work our asses off for him too.

7. How many goals will Wranglers goal leader Barabash jr. finish the season with ? Currently has 15 goals  in 36 games played. 

this might be a little bit of a stretch but i'm going with 45 goals. Hes been tearing it up latly and he WILL continue that.

8. How many assists will Calgary's  assist leader Jordan Tonn have this season ? Currently has 22 assists in 36 games played. 

im hoping i can get to 60. Im skilled player who really knows how to dish the puck.

1. The Wranglers have gone 10-4-1 since our last weekly press conference. Are you happy with that record  through 15 games ? Anything to improve upon ?

Given that you don’t really expect to be on a competing team after being taken first overall, I’m very happy

Theres a lot of good teams this season, I see us finishing either 3rd or 4th

I get this funny feeling we will win both those games

Don’t really have much fast food, but quarter pounder with cheese always does the trick

5. Who on the team owns the nicest house or condo in Calgary ? ( share a pic if you like)

Its mine, I don’t want to reveal the location, but it’s definitely mine

Rifts save percentage has been great for a starter but Tonn has also been great on special teams for us this season

1. The Wranglers have gone 10-4-1 since our last weekly press conference. Are you happy with that record  through 15 games ? Anything to improve upon ?
Our record has been bad since that post so yes we definitely have stuff to improve upon. We shoot a lot but can't seem to find the back of the net.

I just want us to finish high enough to qualify for the playoffs. I don't care if we make it by 1 point. I haven't seen playoff action in a while.

3. Today you lost to Moscow 4-0 and D.C 1-0 in OT.  You play the same two teams again tomorrow. What are your score predictions for those games ?
3-2 and 5-3 for us. Woah, can I see the future?

The more there is the better baby. There has to be bacon though. 

Charlie Paddywagon is the richest dude on the team and he likes to show off his cash by buying a bunch of useless crap. He has an antique stuffed leopard when you get in the house and it looks horrifying. Rest of the house is cool.

0d0f58eabd1305341dfb066e020f33bf.jpg

6. Who has been Calgary's MVP so far this season ? 
JB Rift his having a very good season for us so far. Sometimes a team is only as good as its goalie.

PSX_20200216_133535.jpg.6770d2b8d8a6d1dcc8232e2f3e78d8b1.jpg

fail horse racing GIFI

CALGARY WRANGLERS PRESS CONFERENCE: FEB 17th - 23rd 

1. The Calgary Wranglers have gone 5-4-3 since last Sunday. This is including a 3 game losing streak. How do you turn it around ?

2. The VHL's current hottest team the young D.C Dragons are riding a 5 game win streak. They are currently now in 9th place and only 1 point out of a playoff spot. Do they make the playoffs ? 

3. It is rumoured on the teams last flight to Riga that a arm wrestling competition occured. If this really happened who won ?

4. In Seattles most recent press conference all players answered this question:

30. " How is Calgary surpassing all odds ? I can see it in the LR now " I planned this exactly " with more farts coming out of his mouth. 

Their  answers were even more troubling. How do you feel about this ?

5. Calgary in fact has been outshooting and statistically outplaying most opponents in recent games. How can we break away from our snake bitten ways ? 

6. Tricks for sleeping during long road trips ?

7. Captain @Big Mac calls you at 01:00AM in the morning. What could he possibly want ? 

8. Tyler Barabash  jr. Is on pace for 35 goals (would be career best) and 77 points (would tie career best). My question is can he score 35 goals and hit or surpass the 80 point milestone ?

9. A dirty opposing player checks @Ricer13 from behind. You are forced to drop this fool with a sucker punch.  Which opposing player did you just hit in the face ?

10. Our backup goalie @SlapshotDragon went 1-0-1 this week. Improving his record to 3-0-1. Do you have any kind words for him ?

11. What song should the Calgary Wranglers play when they skate onto the ice for warm ups? 

enough harvey specter GIF by Suits

Members

@Bushito @cody73 @enigmatic @Krice13@Big Mac @DMaximus @MexicanCow123 @animal74 @Beketov @Tagger @SlapshotDragon @Devise @diamond_ace

@Ricer13 @Jubis

Edited by Jubis

1. The Calgary Wranglers have gone 5-4-3 since last Sunday. This is including a 3 game losing streak. How do you turn it around ?

Just seems like we need a bit more decisive finishing atm. Our last three losses we had 8 or more shots than the opposition.

2. The VHL's current hottest team the young D.C Dragons are riding a 5 game win streak. They are currently now in 9th place and only 1 point out of a playoff spot. Do they make the playoffs ? 

No they won't

3. It is rumoured on the teams last flight to Riga that a arm wrestling competition occured. If this really happened who won ?

It was me. The argument that I doctored the video is incorrect.

30. " How is Calgary surpassing all odds ? I can see it in the LR now " I planned this exactly " with more farts coming out of his mouth. 

Their  answers were even more troubling. How do you feel about this ?

Well at least our GM doesn't fart out stuff that manages to put off a league from affiliating with us

5. Calgary in fact has been outshooting and statistically outplaying most opponents in recent games. How can we break away from our snake bitten ways ? 

Just better dice-rolls to be honest

Eat copious amounts of cheese, make sure you're on a screen until the very moment you decide to go to sleep and play extremely loud audio. 

Edited by Tagger

Just now, Tagger said:

I think they're better than Prague, so they can pass them. Just a case of can they hold off Malmo.

Different conference, so doesn't matter. Just need to pass one of Seattle, Vancouver, Calgary, or New York while staying ahead of Toronto as well.

Just now, Enorama said:

Different conference, so doesn't matter. Just need to pass one of Seattle, Vancouver, Calgary, or New York while staying ahead of Toronto as well.

Ah yes, forgot, I'm still living in a world of cross-over

56 minutes ago, Jubis said:

PSX_20200216_133535.jpg.6770d2b8d8a6d1dcc8232e2f3e78d8b1.jpg

fail horse racing GIFI

CALGARY WRANGLERS PRESS CONFERENCE: FEB 17th - 23rd 

1. The Calgary Wranglers have gone 5-4-3 since last Sunday. This is including a 3 game losing streak. How do you turn it around ? - Well we need to step up on defense, and help out our vet goalie and rookie goalie.

2. The VHL's current hottest team the young D.C Dragons are riding a 5 game win streak. They are currently now in 9th place and only 1 point out of a playoff spot. Do they make the playoffs ? I think they can especially with that killer goalie Kriketers

3. It is rumoured on the teams last flight to Riga that a arm wrestling competition occured. If this really happened who won ? - It was actually me @Tagger is feeding you a load of BS

Their  answers were even more troubling. How do you feel about this ? - They’re just jealous @Banackock knows it, @HulkHogan knows it, and @DoktorFunk knows it their whole team knows it

5. Calgary in fact has been outshooting and statistically outplaying most opponents in recent games. How can we break away from our snake bitten ways ? Shoot even more, and cherry pick

6. Tricks for sleeping during long road trips ? - Sleeping is an option?

7. Captain @Big Mac calls you at 01:00AM in the morning. What could he possibly want ? - Uhmmmmm

8. Tyler Barabash  jr. Is on pace for 35 goals (would be career best) and 77 points (would tie career best). My question is can he score 35 goals and hit or surpass the 80 point milestone ? - he could probably hit 40 goals and 78+ points.

9. A dirty opposing player checks @Ricer13 from behind. You are forced to drop this fool with a sucker punch.  Which opposing player did you just hit in the face ? - Hulk Hogan

10. Our backup goalie @SlapshotDragon went 1-0-1 this week. Improving his record to 3-0-1. Do you have any kind words for him ? - proud of you Bro

11. What song should the Calgary Wranglers play when they skate onto the ice for warm ups? - Honestly I couldn’t tell you.

enough harvey specter GIF by Suits

Members

@Bushito @cody73 @enigmatic @Krice13@Big Mac @DMaximus @MexicanCow123 @animal74 @Beketov @Tagger @SlapshotDragon @Devise @diamond_ace

@Ricer13 @Jubis

Play Riga apparently. :) We just need to keep working on the details and not squeeze our sticks too tight.

I think Kallis can lead them to the playoffs. Never underestimate a good goalie.

Melatonin

7. Captain @Big Mac calls you at 01:00AM in the morning. What could he possibly want ? 

Flat tire on the QE2 in a -30 snowstorm.

8. Tyler Barabash  jr. Is on pace for 35 goals (would be career best) and 77 points (would tie career best). My question is can he score 35 goals and hit or surpass the 80 point milestone ?

Sure he can. As our team keeps improving, we'll create more opportunities for him. He's been playing well all season - he'll do it.

10. Our backup goalie @SlapshotDragon went 1-0-1 this week. Improving his record to 3-0-1. Do you have any kind words for him ?

I've won a championship with this man. I've never doubted that he would succeed at the next level. He's a brother from another hockey mother.

11. What song should the Calgary Wranglers play when they skate onto the ice for warm ups? 

Just heard again, good warm up song to blare through arena speakers: On Becoming Willing - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

The Calgary Wranglers have gone 5-4-3 since last Sunday. This is including a 3 game losing streak. How do you turn it around ? 

we need to focus on the basics again. Get the puck deep and play it around till we get a good opportunity.

If they can't playing like this they will. But the question is will they? We may never know. I mean we'll know. But.

3. It is rumoured on the teams last flight to Riga that a arm wrestling competition occured. If this really happened who won ?

I may have arm wrestled Krice because he keeps saying to me that he's the best player on the team. It's like how many god dam times to I haft to tell you your a rookie you = ?️

I mean if we don't shoot the puck unless we are 100% sure it's going into the net then we'll be good.

7. Captain @Big Mac calls you at 01:00AM in the morning. What could he possibly want ? 

Just wants me to order him a Big Mac.

I think he'll crush both his career best in goals and points. He's been a machine for us this season.

9. A dirty opposing player checks @Ricer13 from behind. You are forced to drop this fool with a sucker punch.  Which opposing player did you just hit in the face ?

HHH that guys a little bitch.

10. Our backup goalie @SlapshotDragon went 1-0-1 this week. Improving his record to 3-0-1. Do you have any kind words for him ?

Your a god.

i don't remember the title but there's a song that had the lyrics "I got you babe" see we're going to get them, babe.

PSX_20200115_064511.jpg.48fba9d225bfb53894c4e6d3a5ae7d96.jpg

chris pratt interview GIF

CALGARY WRANGLERS PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. What kind of device do you use to access/participate on VHL?  Laptop,PC, tablet, smart phone etc..

2. If the VHL was to expand by two more teams. One north American and one European. What would be two cities you would suggest ? 

3. Very likely your first round opponent will be The Seattle Bears. How do you see that series playing out ? 

4. Currently 8 games remaining in the season. Any statistical milestones you will be trying  hard to achieve ?

5. If Rift and Lafontaine unexpectedly get hurt in the same game, do we have a zamboni driver ready to suit up for us ? 

6. What is more important to you: Personal success or team success ?

7. What is the funniest thing that happened during team travels this season? 

8. Would you rather a lazy sunday or be out and about keeping busy ? 

9. Favourite childhood tv show that most people have forgotten about ? 

10. Best video game console of all time ? and go

angry sasha banks GIF by WWE

Members

@Ricer13 @Jubis

Edited by Jubis

1. What kind of device do you use to access/participate on VHL?  Laptop,PC, tablet, smart phone etc..

I mainly use computer to do my point tasks and all that then use my phone when im at school just surfing, looking at game stats and just learning.

3. Very likely your first round opponent will be The Seattle Bears. How do you see that series playing out ? 

I think we can go all the way to the final. We have the type of group you need to win a cup. Were competitive, positive and just a well rounded team.

4. Currently 8 games remaining in the season. Any statistical milestones you will be trying  hard to achieve ?

Not really, just trying to play my best for the team.

I'm going to be honest it's probably like a 50/50. I'm a guy who needs to see points on the board or a loose a lot of confidence. I look at a win and i'm like "Great win boys!" But then every time i have a bad game i lose that bit of confidence. Im working with staff to change my mental thoughts.

8. Would you rather a lazy sunday or be out and about keeping busy ? 

again this one is 50/50 some days i just feel like sitting around, others i want to get out there and explore, play some soccer hang out with the team.

10. Best video game console of all time ? and go

The Xbox. Don't ask me why ok im young. Im 16 i don't know old consoles xD.

7 hours ago, Jubis said:

PSX_20200115_064511.jpg.48fba9d225bfb53894c4e6d3a5ae7d96.jpg

chris pratt interview GIF

CALGARY WRANGLERS PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. What kind of device do you use to access/participate on VHL?  Laptop,PC, tablet, smart phone etc.. - I use all of those, and two times I’ve used an Xbox (Dont reccomend it though)

2. If the VHL was to expand by two more teams. One north American and one European. What would be two cities you would suggest ? - Seattle and Some city in Slovakia 

3. Very likely your first round opponent will be The Seattle Bears. How do you see that series playing out ? - They get murdered 4-2

4. Currently 8 games remaining in the season. Any statistical milestones you will be trying  hard to achieve ?- well I’ve hit the big 69 what more can I ask for

5. If Rift and Lafontaine unexpectedly get hurt in the same game, do we have a zamboni driver ready to suit up for us ? - he is  an aging guy named Sandro Clegane 

6. What is more important to you: Personal success or team success ? Team 

7. What is the funniest thing that happened during team travels this season? It’s probably ever time Jubis makes a joke about Seattle 

8. Would you rather a lazy sunday or be out and about keeping busy ? Lazy Sunday 

9. Favourite childhood tv show that most people have forgotten about ?  - jeez I can’t name one that people have forgotten about

10. Best video game console of all time ? and go - Xbox 360 I have the Xbox 1, but I have so much games on the 360

angry sasha banks GIF by WWE

Members

@Ricer13 @Jubis

I use my Desktop PC to do all my activities, but I will also view the site on my phone at work.

2. If the VHL was to expand by two more teams. One north American and one European. What would be two cities you would suggest ? 

Los Angeles or Chicago seem obvious for VHL American, think the strongest EU base we haven't covered yet is UK, so probably London or Manchester

Turns out it'll be D.C., who I believe I said last week wouldn't get in, how little I know!

I got some points during them, so I'll accept that as a victory.

5. If Rift and Lafontaine unexpectedly get hurt in the same game, do we have a zamboni driver ready to suit up for us ? 

What you don't know is that I play so few minutes because I'm the Zamboni driver

It depends. Most of the time Team success comes first, but I'd rather avoid personal seasons like this one even with how well we're doing.

PSX_20200216_133535.jpg.6c04b41e5c6976c587c36cfdb6dce6eb.jpg

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

(PLAYOFF EDITION)

1. Regular season is officially over. Are you happy with your performance this season?

2. Not only have you made the playoffs. You hold a 3 to 1 series lead vs D.C. How are handling all the emotions ? 

3.  Moscow has already punched their ticket to round 2. Sweeping Prague 4-0.

Are they the favourite to win the cup?

4. Seattle is currently looking to upset heavy North American favourite Vancouver. Seattle currently holds a 3-1 series lead. What is going on here ?

5. Round 1 is not over yet but: statistically/mathematically speaking a 2nd round matchup would have Calgary with home ice advantage facing Seattle. How would you see that series playing out ?

6. What is it going to take to put the final nail in the coffin vs D.C ? 

7. Wranglers mvp players so far have been Tyler Barabash jr.  2G 3A 5PTS, 62.86 F0% and JB Rift 3 wins , .921 sv% , 2.00 GAA , 1 SO. Can they continue their strong play ? 

8. Do you use a wooden stick or a composite stick ?

9. Do you have any family that has made it to any of the Wranglers playoff games so far ? 

10.  What would be worst: Dropping your phone in the toilet ,  spilling your morning coffee or finding a bug crawling through your lunch ?

11. hanna barbera dreaming GIF by Warner Archive

May be dreaming but: Fastforward a few weeks. Calgary is in the Finals. Series is tied 3 to 3, game 7, sudden death overtime. The puck trickles up the slot in the offensive zone. Who do you want blasting a slapper to potentially win the game ? 

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

Members

@Ricer13 @Jubis

Edited by Jubis
Typo

1. Regular season is officially over. Are you happy with your performance this season?

Ya I'm happy, it went better then I thought it would going from a forward to a Defenceman. Overall 8/10.

2. Not only have you made the playoffs. You hold a 3 to 1 series lead vs D.C. How are handling all the emotions ? 

I still can't believe we're in the playoffs. My emotions are crazy. With my previous teams I had some playoffs experience but it just wasn't the same. 

Ya they definitely are. They've got the most skill and were going to need to work hard if we want to even have a chance to face them.

4. Seattle is currently looking to upset heavy North American favourite Vancouver. Seattle currently holds a 3-1 series lead. What is going on here ?

I honestly have no idea. Vancouver just needs to start simple and play there game if they want to get back in it though.

5. Round 1 is not over yet but: statistically/mathematically speaking a 2nd round matchup would have Calgary with home ice advantage facing Seattle. How would you see that series playing out ?

If they are going to take out Vancouver then it's going to be a tough series. Once we get there we'll just need to step our game up another notch.

7. Wranglers mvp players so far have been Tyler Barabash jr.  2G 3A 5PTS, 62.86 F0% and JB Rift 3 wins , .921 sv% , 2.00 GAA , 1 SO. Can they continue their strong play ? 

They did it the whole season. So of course they can continue it. They're freaks.

9. Do you have any family that has made it to any of the Wranglers playoff games so far ? 

My brother Jacob Tonn who will be joining the VHL at the trade deadline flew down to watch all of our playoff games and of course my mom and dad.

10.  What would be worst: Dropping your phone in the toilet ,  spilling your morning coffee or finding a bug crawling through your lunch?

All of them.

1. Regular season is officially over. Are you happy with your performance this season?
I was hoping for more but at least I did better than in my rookie season. I still find my numbers very disappointing. 

2. Not only have you made the playoffs. You hold a 3 to 1 series lead vs D.C. How are handling all the emotions ?
Trying not to get too excited until we confirm our spot in the second round. 

Seattle proved time and again that they have that secret playoff recipe. It's tough to bet against them in any matchup. But it's not over yet.

7. Wranglers mvp players so far have been Tyler Barabash jr.  2G 3A 5PTS, 62.86 F0% and JB Rift 3 wins , .921 sv% , 2.00 GAA , 1 SO. Can they continue their strong play ?
They damn well better. I count on them to carry me to victory and allow me to negociate my next contract as a cup winner. 

My family refuses to visit me until I won a championship. They are already disappointed I didn't become a doctor, even if I tell them I earn more now than I would as a doctor. 

10.  What would be worst: Dropping your phone in the toilet ,  spilling your morning coffee or finding a bug crawling through your lunch ?
Dropping my phone wouldn't be too dramatic because I gave my phone number to a bunch of chicks who turned out to be stalkers. A bug is just extra protein. So probably spilling my morning coffee. But wait I don't drink coffee.

We made the playoffs very comfortably so yeah, very happy

2. Not only have you made the playoffs. You hold a 3 to 1 series lead vs D.C. How are handling all the emotions ? 

As terribly as usual, I am both terrified and amused.

I'd say yes but I also feel like Prague were the biggest surprise to make playoffs in first place, so it'll be interesting to see how they do against better competition

They're fairly evenly matched, but I guess it's an upset.

5. Round 1 is not over yet but: statistically/mathematically speaking a 2nd round matchup would have Calgary with home ice advantage facing Seattle. How would you see that series playing out ?

They'd probably enter as the favourites, so we will win 100%

11.  May be dreaming but: Fastforward a few weeks. Calgary is in the Finals. Series is tied 3 to 3, game 7, sudden death overtime. The puck trickles up the slot in the offensive zone. Who do you want blasting a slapper to potentially win the game ? 

If I'm dreaming, then it's gotta be Mewtwo

On 3/1/2020 at 7:43 PM, Jubis said:

PSX_20200216_133535.jpg.6c04b41e5c6976c587c36cfdb6dce6eb.jpg

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

(PLAYOFF EDITION)

1. Regular season is officially over. Are you happy with your performance this season? - hell yeah I just continue to destroy career highs.

2. Not only have you made the playoffs. You hold a 3 to 1 series lead vs D.C. How are handling all the emotions ? - This is my 2nd time making the playoffs, and I’ve never gotten a goal in the playoffs so I’m waiting for the moment 

Are they the favourite to win the cup? - no I think we still have a great chance

4. Seattle is currently looking to upset heavy North American favourite Vancouver. Seattle currently holds a 3-1 series lead. What is going on here ? - they’re getting sim lucky just a fact man

5. Round 1 is not over yet but: statistically/mathematically speaking a 2nd round matchup would have Calgary with home ice advantage facing Seattle. How would you see that series playing out ? - We dominate simple

6. What is it going to take to put the final nail in the coffin vs D.C ? - playing our best our worst can be better than the dragons best 

7. Wranglers mvp players so far have been Tyler Barabash jr.  2G 3A 5PTS, 62.86 F0% and JB Rift 3 wins , .921 sv% , 2.00 GAA , 1 SO. Can they continue their strong play ? - real mvp is Fang Flashback though...

8. Do you use a wooden stick or a composite stick ? - wood stick all day 

9. Do you have any family that has made it to any of the Wranglers playoff games so far ? - I mean considering this team is like a family yes, but I will try to get my family in from Iceland into the cup finals

10.  What would be worst: Dropping your phone in the toilet ,  spilling your morning coffee or finding a bug crawling through your lunch ? Phone in toilet (don’t drink coffee) 

11. hanna barbera dreaming GIF by Warner Archive

May be dreaming but: Fastforward a few weeks. Calgary is in the Finals. Series is tied 3 to 3, game 7, sudden death overtime. The puck trickles up the slot in the offensive zone. Who do you want blasting a slapper to potentially win the game ? - myself cause were dreaming, but seriously Barabash 

Members

@Ricer13 @Jubis

PSX_20200308_045134.jpg.ecbb3dd1bb82714a2f48a8a8dd7c5a5b.jpg

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

VHL PLAYOFF FINALS EDITION 

1. You did it,  you stopped Seattle in their tracks. How does it feel to have stopped the 3 peat ? 

2. Even more important than my last question. You're in the finals !!!  4 wins away from a cup. How does that feel ?

3. What will be the keys to potentially beating Moscow ? 

4. What will play a bigger part in the series in terms of special teams.  Moscow's 30% powerplay or your 91% penalty kill ?

5. If you can somehow beat the juggernaut that is Moscow who would win playoff MVP?

6.  Can you give a prediction on the series who wins and in how many games? 

7. Do you believe in luck or karma? What can we do to get the hockey gods on our side?

in the sim we pray amen 

prayer GIF

Job Comments GIF

Members

@Bushito @cody73 @enigmatic @Krice13@Big Mac @DMaximus @MexicanCow123 @animal74 @Beketov @Tagger @SlapshotDragon @Devise @diamond_ace @Ricer13

@Jubis

Edited by Jubis

24 minutes ago, Jubis said:

PSX_20200308_045134.jpg.ecbb3dd1bb82714a2f48a8a8dd7c5a5b.jpg

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

VHL PLAYOFF FINALS EDITION 

1. You did it,  you stopped Seattle in their tracks. How does it feel to have stopped the 3 peat ? - we didn’t stop Seattle’s 3 peat we stopped the curse, and we stopped the haters.

2. Even more important than my last question. You're in the finals !!!  4 wins away from a cup. Now does that feel ? - I mean it feels great, and I get to be the first to lift it.

3. What will be the keys to potentially beating Moscow ? - great defense, an even better offense 

4. What will play a bigger part in the series in terms of special teams.  Moscow's 30% powerplay or your 91% penalty kill ? -91z PK will kill a 30% pp

5. If you can somehow beat the juggernaut that is Moscow who would win playoff MVP? - rift 

6.  Can you give a prediction on the series who wins and in how many games? Calgary 4-3

7. Do you believe in luck or karma? What can we do to get the hockey gods on our side? We just have to hope, that they love us.

in the sim we pray amen 

prayer GIF

Job Comments GIF

Members

@Bushito @cody73 @enigmatic @Krice13@Big Mac @DMaximus @MexicanCow123 @animal74 @Beketov @Tagger @SlapshotDragon @Devise @diamond_ace @Ricer13

@Jubis