Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

Charlie Paddywagon steps to the podium to answer questions for this week's Philadelphia Reapers press conference:

Now that we are a few games in what are you thinking about Philadelphia’s chances at the cup?

I know it’s tough to say this when we’re at the bottom of the standings. But I truly believe that we have a great chance to make a run and make the playoffs. Once you’re in the playoffs, anything can happen!

What do you think of who made Captains’ list? Would you have made different people Captains?

I think Blade made some great choices. I love Hans, he’s a supportive leader that keeps us in line. Frosty and Tyler were great choices as alternates. All our captains are helpful and make the Reapers a great team. Their work and dedication provides us all with inspiration to work harder and get better every day.

What do you think we could be doing better?

It’s no secret that our special teams are struggling both on the power play and penalty kill. I blame myself for our penalty kill woes. I’m our #1 defenseman, I need to lead our unit.

What color of hockey tape do you use to go with your Reapers uniform?

I know it’s plain and boring, but the only color of tape that touches my lucky tape roll is white tape. That’s the color of the first tape I ever used. I keep refilling my lucky tape roll with white tape. What? Why are you laughing? You don’t have a lucky tape roll?

What VHL team are you going to, if you haven’t been drafted where do you want to go?

My dream is to play in the VHL. It doesn’t matter what team I play for. I will play for anyone, anywhere.

Did you get a brand contract?

<shows off new threads> What my new clothing tip you off? I’m sponsored by Ferda Apparel. Check out these clothes! This sponsorship thing is amazing. I get free clothes and they pay me! I already spent all the money, but it’s cool. I’ll get more…

1. Who is first up for trade bait? Philly is not doing so hot atm what assets do you think we will move (if any)and why? I think you’ll need to build for the future, trading everyone if we suck will be in your best interest. Mikko and Strong have been goal scoring machines, I could see them getting moved 
  2. If you could change our team colours what would you change them to? Blue and Yellow
  3. Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room? Lol... @SlashACM
  4. Are you more of a forum LR member or a Discord  LR member and why? Both! Discord is easier
  5. What inspires you to keep going in the tough times. The paycheque !
  6. Oddest thing you have slipped into someone else's hockey bags. crack cocaine

1. If you could change our team colours what would you change them to?
  2. Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room?
  3. Are you more of a forum LR member or a Discord  LR member and why?
  4. What inspires you to keep going in the tough times.
  5. Do you celebrate a lot of holidays and do you encourage your team to celebrate with you?
  6. Type of Skates you use?
  7. One interest you have other than hockey.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. I would change our blue to a darker one.
  2. Definitely Kandee, damn she says weird things in the LR.
  3. Discord all the way, I don't know why but it feels more personnal, we get along very well all together and celebrate a win in the discord is a ton of fun!
  4. The fact that we are all improving and helping each other is a strong motivation for me.
  5. BEER, never enough. All teammates are welcome in the upper part of Quebec!
  6. I use my old CCM Ribcor 48K, I got them when I was 18 years old and I fell in love with them, can't skate in anything else.
  7. I like hunting and fishing with my dad. He's a woodman and everytime I go see him, we have to go to the cottage and chill there for a day or two, it is like a tradition.

1. If you could change our team colours what would you change them to?

I probably wouldn't change them as I kind of like the blue/yellow/red kind of color scheme of the logo, but if I had to choose new colours, I'd go with a colorado avalanche esque burgundy/maroon, blue, and silver combo imo.

2. Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room?

Probably Kandee the Hot Goalie. I have shared the shower with them and I'm still undecided on their gender. They also seem to love swearing, which isn't really weird, but it's not usual for sim league participants, who are generally happy go lucky smallies. He/She is weird, but cool.

3. Are you more of a forum LR member or a Discord  LR member and why?

I think I am a hybrid of both. Traditionally I have never really been a big discord LR guy, and just sticked to the forums, but the Philly Discord LR is quite active and enjoyable to participate in, so I'm going to have to lean towards calling myself a Discord LR guy at the moment.

4. How do you feel the team is gelling together?

The Reapers are gelling together nicely imo. We have a good mixture of brand new members, current-era veterans, and past-era returning vets. Everyone is friendly, nobody bitches about lines, our discord is pretty welcoming. I have no complaints, one of the better minor league sim teams I've been apart of tbh.

5. Most useless VHL Brand and what you think they should be replaced with.

As far as useless goes, they are all pretty useless and more or less rip offs from real world companies/brands. If I had to choose a least favourite, it would probably be Jolt Juice? I don't know, the name is not appealing, especially when you have HATERADE as the far superior sports drink. It reminds me of something a middle-aged mother of 3 would drink after pilates. 

6. Teach me something, give me a random fact.

Flamingos pee on their legs to cool themselves off, and the pee isn't actually just pee, but it's a mixture of feces and urine.

4 hours ago, gorlab said:

6. Teach me something, give me a random fact.

Flamingos pee on their legs to cool themselves off, and the pee isn't actually just pee, but it's a mixture of feces and urine.

:th_costanzaWTF: and now I know this too! Thanks Gorlab and some faction of the discovery Chanel this will haunt my dreams, i use to like flamingos....

1. Who is first up for trade bait? Philly is not doing so hot atm what assets do you think we will move (if any)and why?
  2. If you could change our team colours what would you change them to?
  3. Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room?
  4. Are you more of a forum LR member or a Discord  LR member and why?
  5. What inspires you to keep going in the tough times.
  6. Oddest thing you have slipped into someone else's hockey bags.

1. Trade your AGM. He is a bully and a scoundrel.

2. Black and white. Something classy and scary

3. Walter. He has brain damage for sure

4. Discord. Forums are for losers.

5. I just think about my brothers and how much more I'm getting laid than them and everything is coming up Kandee. And Kandee is coming too ;)

6. My phone number

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Do you celebrate a lot of holidays and do you encourage your team to celebrate with you?
  2. How do you feel the team is gelling together?
  3. Type of Skates you use?
  4. Most useless VHL Brand and what you think they should be replaced with.
  5. Teach me something, give me a random fact.
  6. one interest you have other than hockey.

Minnesota is lame I guess they dont have their own presser Qs, using yours :P

1. I celebrate the usual ones, that everyone does, so I don't need to encourage my team so celebrate, because they already do.

2. Minnesota lost a few games when I joined so that kind of sucks, and they're a quiet bunch.

3. Bauer

4. Overarmor or whatever the fuck Dills talks about, just kill it.

5. John Lennon died on December 8th, 1980

6. Music, writing, playing, and listening.

Hey Everyone!  more questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

Also using these questions as Minnesota doesn't have their own. 

Honestly yeah I am. It's my first season in the league and I'm really interested in seeing how this plays out and hopefully I'll take part next season. 

This is honestly a hard question to answer I'd like to Europe to represent my country, but who doesn't like an underdog story? I'm going to have to say World.

3. Who do you think will win?

From what I can tell Canada is usually stacked, so I'd bet on them winning again. 

4. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught? 

No definitely not, I feel like you'd have to be narrow minded to do so. There are better ways to express your animosity towards your country.

5. You just got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, what did you do?

My game is pretty clean so it's probably for adamantly arguing with a ref over a bad call.

6.  What is your fave task to gain TPE and why?

Media spots hands down, it's a pretty easy way to earn quite a bit of TPE.

I suppose so. I don't think I'll be participating but it will be fun to follow and see who comes out on top. 

Team Europe because that's who I hope to suit up for in the future.

3. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?

I usually sing it, but sometimes like to just listen and take it in. 

4. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?

No, never. I don't think I could ever show that much disrespect towards a nation. 

5. You just got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, what did you do?

Probably chirped someone in the form of a Letterkenny quote.

6. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

I like writing VHL.com articles and the idea of media spots, because it would be fun to try and be creative. I really enjoyed the rookie profile also. However, it's hard for me to find time for that sort of thung and I'm also just not a creative person. 

• 2 weeks later...

1.) What image do you see our team giving off considering we are called the Reapers?

Reapers strike fear into their enemies, and we will as well.

2.) How does your player fit onto the team?

At first I didn't do so well, but once I built chemistry with my teammates everything start to go great.

3.) What are your hope and goals now that you are here?

I'd like to help this team grow whether or not I'll be here long enough to win a VHLM title. I'd like to see them win it when I'm gone if I don't do it in time.

4.) Are you happy to be drafted to this team?

Of course. I know it's not everybody's cup of tea to go to a losing team, but I think it gives me and my teammates a chance to step up and put this team on a path to success.

5.) Position and number?

Left wing, #5.

6.) Would you like to be a Captain or an Assistant Captain? Why?

Honestly, it would honor me to serve in a leadership role on the team, but it's not up to me. We'll see how everything goes in the next couple seasons.

7.) Something funny I should know about you as a player as your new GM.

I'm a small player so look forward to all of the hooking penalties and giveaways. 

8.) How do you think we will finish in Season 65?

Well now that we're nearing the end of Season 65, I know we're doing terribly, but there are many bright spots.

New set of questions for you guys!

1) The Reapers are eliminated from the playoffs and are almost guaranteed the top spot in the draft (answer one of the two):

1a) (If you were drafted by Philadelphia) Who do you think your team should target in the Dispersal Draft and why?

1b) (If you were picked up as a brand-new player) Where do you see yourself going in the S66 VHLM Dispersal Draft? Where would you enjoy going most if you couldn't be drafted by @BladeMaiden?

2) The Malmö Nighthawks are joining the major league next season. How interested are you in joining them?

3) What player(s) outside your current team are you following in the VHLM right now? Why?

4) MORPHEUS DESTRUCTIOUS @Abaddon is literally 50 years old and 6'8". What's the weirdest thing he's done in the locker room?

5) Philly has a ton of picks in the next two Dispersal Drafts. Realistically, how far do the Reapers go in S66 and S67?

6) Let's say 4 seasons from now you're a bona-fide VHL star at your position. How important (on a scale from 1-10 each) are: team loyalty, ice time, contract (i.e. $$$/season), and contender status?

Edited by Renomitsu

13 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1) The Reapers are eliminated from the playoffs and are almost guaranteed the top spot in the draft (answer one of the two):

1a) (If you were drafted by Philadelphia) Who do you think your team should target in the Dispersal Draft and why?

1b) (If you were picked up as a brand-new player) Where do you see yourself going in the S66 VHLM Dispersal Draft? Where would you enjoy going most if you couldn't be drafted by @BladeMaiden?

1b) - I see myself right back in Philly. it's hard to imagine myself anywhere else at the moment. After that, I can see myself in Ottawa or Halifax. Both in someway have a connection to me.

2) The Malmö Nighthawks are joining the major league next season. How interested are you in joining them?

I know nothing about them because i've been here less than a week. lol. I'm pretty neutral about it i guess.

3) What player(s) outside your current team are you following in the VHLM right now? Why?

No one really, I'm still getting used to the " lay of the land" so to speak. 

4) MORPHEUS DESTRUCTIOUS @Abaddon is literally 50 years old and 6'8". What's the weirdest thing he's done in the locker room?

No idea lol. Been here for such a short period of time lol.

5) Philly has a ton of picks in the next two Dispersal Drafts. Realistically, how far do the Reapers go in S66 and S67?

Depending on quality of players, I can see S66 being a serious step up. Playoffs most likely, S67 can be a contenders season if everything pans out right.

6) Let's say 4 seasons from now you're a bona-fide VHL star at your position. How important (on a scale from 1-10 each) are: team loyalty, ice time, contract (i.e. $$$/season), and contender status?

Good question

Team loyalty : 8/10

Ice time : 7/10

Contract 7/10

Contender status : 8/10 - 10/10 ( Depending where the team is in their "window"or rebuild)

1b. I'd love to play for any team, but I've already got some ice time with the Reapers and I like the direction we're headed. 

2. Similar feelings to the Reapers, I wouldn't mind joining a building team. It would give me time to develop my play as the franchise grows with me.

3. Shane Mars. He's scored 8 goals and roughly 12 points against us since I joined the team. He's a monster. 

4. He squats every time he enters and exits the locker room. 

5. I could see us being in contention for the Founder's Cup in S67 if the right picks are made. A lot of teams are going to lose their star power while we reach our full potential in the VHLM.

• Loyalty: 10 - It's more important to do what is right for my team to succeed than be on a crappy team and be the highest paid player.
  • Ice time: 5 - I'm not worried about ice time as long as my team is happy and we're winning.
  • Contract: 3 - I'd be willing to risk a major salary cut for my team to get another top player if need be.
  • Contender status: 7 - Although staying true to my team is most important to me, I still want to win. 

On 4/4/2019 at 10:39 PM, Renomitsu said:

1b. I have absolutely loved my time in Philadelphia, but if I was not to be drafted back, going to a contender with players who are experienced in the league who are willing to give me advice on how to be the best player I could possibly be for them would be ideal, but honestly I've got my fingers crossed I'll be a career Reaper.

2. I'm excited to see this new team enter the league, they have a lot of potential and I can see them putting on a big show to kick things off.

3. I've been interested in Shane Mars of Minnesota, and HHH of Yukon. Mostly because of their incredible scoring ability, I want to do the same for Philly and I've been modeling a lot of my game after them.

4. Ever hear of "sunny's delightful shower?" What happens in the shower room stays in the shower room.

5. Extremely far. This team has incredible potential and I easily see us becoming a contender in the next season or two. Easily.

6. a. 9

b. 6

c. 7

d. 7

It's safe to say that if I end up getting to that position, the money and status won't matter, it's what I can do for the team that needs me to be there, whether it be to lead or score, I'm dedicated to making my team better in any way I can.

Using yours because my team didn’t post any

1. Are you excited for the WJC

of course! Love the chance to play for Europe!

1. Who are you rooting for and why?

europe! Cause I’m playing for them duh!

1. Who do you think will win?

come on lol...Europe!

1. Who do you think Claims MVP?

gotta be our goalie JB Rift! He’s been killing it

1. Who Makes the All-star team?

probably the all stars!!

1. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words

i belt them out! Love to sing along especially when I hear it after our victory! Every European anthem!

Hey Reaper Nation! It is thaT magical time of year where all of us who did not make the play offs get to start booking our tee times. So here are some Questions for  My Favorite Group of Guys!!! (Answer 3 for 1 tpe and 6 for 2!! Max 2 TPE a week)

1- If you could ask your Gm any Question what would you ask Her?

2- The VHL Draft is just around the corner where are you hoping to go?

3- Are you coming back to the VHLM to play a victory lap? Why or Why not?

4- You are Hungry after a Game where are you going? What did you Order?

5- All the tape is gone from your hockey bag and it has been replaced by neon pink, green and Orange tape (your Fav GM just played a tick on you ;) )do you use it or go without? What would do to retaliate?

6- a.) VHLM team you would like to see lose the cup and why.   OR

b.)VHLM team you would like to see win the cup and why.

Stealing Philly's questions again due to Minnesota not having any. Thanks Blade. 

1- If you could ask your Gm any Question what would you ask Her? Id probably what the plan in Minnesota will be for next season since most of their top players will be in the VHL.

2- The VHL Draft is just around the corner where are you hoping to go? I've stressed this idea before but I'd like to go to Malmo, I'd be great to be on and expansion team and make an impact. Otherwise Calgary so that I'd get to play with the best goalie here. Sorry @SlashACM.

3- Are you coming back to the VHLM to play a victory lap? Why or Why not? Yeah I'd really like to, so here's hoping I don't max out before then somehow.

4- You are Hungry after a Game where are you going? What did you Order? Anywhere where I can get a good burrito. I've taken a liking to Mexican food since moving to the states. 

5- All the tape is gone from your hockey bag and it has been replaced by neon pink, green and Orange tape (your Fav GM just played a tick on you ;) )do you use it or go without? What would do to retaliate? I'd use it without question, so no retaliation. This is embarrassing but I actually use to wear a pair of neon green converse with an orange and pink tongue so it'd be a bit of a throwback.

6- b.)VHLM team you would like to see win the cup and why.  Philladel... I mean Minnesota. Since ya know.... I'm playing there and it'd be weird if answered otherwise.

Why didn’t you trade Walter? Is Walter the heart and soul of the Reapers?

It doesn’t matter to me, I dont know anything about any of the teams. I just want to go somewhere that feels like a family like in Philadelphia.

Helllll yeah! Im not quite good enough to play in the VHL and I am going to be the captain of the Reapers as the only original member left and I am pumped!

I’m going to Wendy’s in honor of my former teammate Wendee Cain @SlashACM I gotta get those Wendy’s

Tendies

5- All the tape is gone from your hockey bag and it has been replaced by neon pink, green and Orange tape (your Fav GM just played a tick on you ;) )do you use it or go without? What would do to retaliate?

Oh I would use it. The only think Walter likes as much as fire trucks and moster trucks is colorful stick tape. I would thank GM Blade for the great gift.

6- a.) VHLM team you would like to see lose the cup and why.   OR

b.)VHLM team you would like to see win the cup and why.

I don’t know any other team besides the Reapers, go Reapers!!

1- If you could ask your GM any Question what would you ask Her?

When will you draft me?

To anybody that wants a pass first guy.

No. Just getting started, really. 

4- You are hungry after a game where are you going? What did you Order?

Chipotle. Bowl with steak. Other ingredients don't really matter.

5- All the tape is gone from your hockey bag and it has been replaced by neon pink, green and orange tape (your fav GM just played a trick on you ;) )do you use it or go without? What would do to retaliate?

Probably just put it on and see if I play better with it.

6- b.) Which VHLM team you would like to see win the cup and why? 

Las Vegas because they're the underdogs. 

On 4/9/2019 at 11:25 PM, BladeMaiden said:

5- All the tape is gone from your hockey bag and it has been replaced by neon pink, green and Orange tape (your Fav GM just played a tick on you ;) )do you use it or go without? What would do to retaliate?

6- a.) VHLM team you would like to see lose the cup and why.   OR

b.)VHLM team you would like to see win the cup and why.

1. What was the inspiration behind the shower rooms?

2. Philadelphia, obviously.

3. Absolutely, the Reapers have just begun to scratch the surface of their potential and to be a part of this team's success is a goal of mine for the foreseeable future.

4. I'm grabbing some McDonald's cause I'm basic that way. Something off the dollar menu most likely cause I spent most of my contract money on neon pink tape.

5. I'm rocking neon pink all day, absolutely. As for retaliation, I'm using the neon pink tape I have left to tape her office. Computer, desk, door, everything is getting a dash of pink.

6b. I want to see the Reapers win the Cup because we deserve it. From worst to first is an incredible step to take and we'd stun the hockey world with a Cup win after our unfortunate season this year.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:48 AM, Matmenzinger said:

Stealing Philly's questions again due to Minnesota not having any. Thanks Blade. 

1- If you could ask your Gm any Question what would you ask Her? Id probably what the plan in Minnesota will be for next season since most of their top players will be in the VHL.

Minny will be trying to hold onto their momentum and building up their potential for S67, @Eudaldkp is a good friend and an ever better friend. So happy his Minny team is doing well right now!

On 4/10/2019 at 1:38 PM, cpetrella said:

Why didn’t you trade Walter? Is Walter the heart and soul of the Reapers?

Walter is the Heart and Soul of the Reapers, your # will be the first one we retire :)

On 4/10/2019 at 8:43 PM, zepheter said:

1- If you could ask your GM any Question what would you ask Her?

When will you draft me?

On draft day ;) lol too cryptic?

2 hours ago, ItsMcLovin said:

1. What was the inspiration behind the shower rooms?

My First AGM @BOOM™ Kinda instilled that the jusys need a place to blow off steam and my First Goalie @SlashACM Was the one who made it a reality :) It will always be named after the Current Goalie right now It is Sunny's delightful Shower ;)

phila1.png

Hello Reaper Nation! Here are 6 new questions hot off the presses! It is gonna be a random mix this week! a reminder that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-Do you have a lucky clothing item you wear for games? Do you every wash it?

2-You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?

3-You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what’s the premise?

4-A Grim Reaper has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Personification of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. What are you gonna do in that half-hour?

5-You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist off the earth? Who is getting erased?

6-Who would you really like to just punch in the face? ( @Abaddon this is for you my PIM Machine)

7-You accidentally ate some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be?

TEAM LIST:

@Adama Traore, @OneBuffalo1230, @Abaddon, @Sunburst, @ItsMcLovin, @11 Eleven, @Jacob Kundrat, @zepheter, @TriaL Exotic, @Bandit, @Sixersfan549, @Brolaski, @Jonessee27 @cpetrella @Psanchez55, @deadshot @Jayhawk @Kyle @Rykonen

1. No, and I wash my clothes for every game.

2. Please don't kill each other. 

3. Probably my introduction to hockey. "Dylan Doyle and His Three Month Hockey Career Before Joining a VHLM Team" 

4. Play hockey with Patrick Kane. 

5. I don't know, you pick.

6. My twin brother. 

7. I just wanna be the best hockey player in the world.