VSN - S66 Mock Draft #2

Dil

Welcome to the second installment of the S66 Mock Draft series. As you can probably tell, this draft is loaded with great offensive talent. On the other hand, there aren't many defensive standouts. It'll be something to watchout for as the season moves on how teams like Davos will fill their blueline needs.

Mock Draft

:mos: 1. Hunter Hearst Helmsley +0

C | 6' 3" | 250 lb. | Age: 49 | :usa: | YUK-square.png

TPE: 284 @Beaviss

BJjE6AD.png

Triple H has had a phenomenal season so far. This WWE legend is on pace for 149 points while playing on a middle of the pack team.  He has shown time and again why he is the sure pick for 1st overall. He has been earning TPE at an insane rate and I can guarantee he will end up in the hall of fame. A player of his caliber is something teams would love to have.

:dav: 2. Shane Mars +0

LW | 6' 5" | 225 lb. | Age: 18 | US.png | OSL-square.png

TPE: 261 @Spade18

bdmGTuv.png

Shane has picked it up stat wise recently and has shown he deserves to be regarded as one of the top players in the draft. This 6'5" 225lb monster has been playing great both offensively and defensively all season and would be an excellent addition to Davos's forward core. I expect Shane to be one of the top players in the VHL for years to come.

:cal: 3. Kari Jurri +1

LW | 6' 3" | 210 lb. | Age: 18 | NL.png | HOU.png.c63c99609f2d60f007072a351f94e169 

TPE: 209 @hockeyis66

gpGtY41.png

Kari is a big kid with a natural goal scoring capability. This kid can rip the puck and I can only expect him to improve it. Calgary could use Kari Jurri to play behind Brady Stropko Jr. who they picked up in the previous draft. This could be a solid left wing duo and could provide some much-needed depth to the Calgary forward core.

:rig:(From New York) 4. Maximilian Kirbsson -1

C | 6' 0" | 195 lb. | Age: 18 | SE.png | HOU.png.c63c99609f2d60f007072a351f94e169 

TPE: 205  @Kirby

Hc910Jr.png

Kirbsson has been putting up great numbers this year. On pace for just under 100 points, this kid has shown he has the ability to do great things. He could join Riga's growing forward core and make an instant difference. Riga has been doing well lately and the addition of Maximilian could be excellent for their core.

:dav: 5. Rhye Tyr +0

D | 5' 10" | 205 lb. | Age: 19 | CA.png | HFX-square.png 

TPE: 159 @Plate

i9bZcKy.png

Davos has an excellent forward core but is lacking a little in defense. The addition of Rhye could be a step in the right direction for them. Although this draft class has very few good defensemen, Davos is going to need to snatch up some of them if they wish to be a competitive team again any time soon. Tyr is ranked highly due to a lack of defenceman in this draft.

:que: 6. Dimitri Volosenkov +0

LW | 6' 0" | 190 lb. | Age: 21 | RU.png | HFX-square.png 

TPE: 197 @SirRupertBarnes

SI8byxs.png

Vancouver has dropped off since the last mock draft. Although they are in need of defenceman, there aren't many defencemen that deserve to go this high in the draft. Dimitri Volosenkov could be a solid addition to their core. He has his TPE spread out throughout his stats and is well rounded. He is almost at the VHLM TPE cap so you can expect him to make an impact in the bigs right away.

:rig: 7. Mikko Aaltonen +0

RW | 6' 3" | 200 lb. | Age: 17 | FI.png | LVA-square.png

TPE: 192 @GRZ

OCl45Wh.png

Mikko has recently moved to Vegas where he has made an instant difference. Although not as deep as last year, Vegas has still been pretty good. Mikko has come in and added depth to that core and can hopefully help them get far in the playoffs and possibly repeat. Mikko is a natural goal scorer and is almost at the VHLM TPE cap; you can expect him to only get better as the season goes on.

:rig:(From Toronto) 8. Julius Freeman NEW
LW | 6' 3" | 210 lb. | Age: 17 | US.png | HFX-square.png

TPE: 179 @rjfryman

XZCPnQA.png

Julius Freeman has made his first appearance on the mock draft. Sliding into #8, Julius could be a great addition alongside Mikko Altonen to Riga's already great forward core. This added depth could help them ascend to the top of the league standings. Julius can help with that as he has shown great talent both offensively and defensively. 

:dav:(From Seattle) 9. Aron Nielsen +0

D | 6' 0" | 205 lb. | Age: 19 | FO.png | OSL-square.png 

TPE: 158 @solas

9BX22Hx.png

Someone you wouldn't normally expect to go in the first round, Aron is valued higher than most player's do to the fact he is a defenceman. As I have said before, this draft is extremely weak defensively but stacked offensively. A player like this would normally go 2nd to 3rd round, but since Davos is in need of defenceman, I could see him being picked up in the 1st round.

Let me know what you disagree or agree with below. It'll be fun to see how these players continue to develop and how these rankings change over time.  Also, make sure you tune into my "Halfway There" article next week where I will recap the season so far.

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, DilIsPickle said:

I can guarantee he will end up in the hall of fame.

Bold claim. VHLM success doesn’t guarantee VHL success.

6 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

drops me from the first round. the balls on this guy

He doesn’t even have me in the first round. We both have the same TPE so technically we should be first rounders. This guy’s a meanie

7 hours ago, bluesfan55 said:

He doesn’t even have me in the first round. We both have the same TPE so technically we should be first rounders. This guy’s a meanie

TPE isn't the only factor my guy.

1 hour ago, gregreg said:

You just stick to being a VHLMer, it's where you belong 

Another funny joke you're so funny. Your just jealous that you aren't as good as Nethila Dissanayake!

Edited by nethi99

13 hours ago, gregreg said:

You just stick to being a VHLMer, it's where you belong 

12 hours ago, nethi99 said:

Another funny joke you're so funny. Your just jealous that you aren't as good as Nethila Dissanayake!

Your both jelly your not HHH.

13 hours ago, nethi99 said:

Sorry, don't know him and won't need to. I only need to know good players 

6 hours ago, gregreg said:

Sorry, don't know him and won't need to. I only need to know good players 

Well then u should know him if you need to know good players

1 hour ago, nethi99 said:

Well then u should know him if you need to know good players

I only need to know good VHL players, I don't feel like wasting my time on a VHLM bust. Thank you goodbye