S65 WJC Awards

BladeMaiden

S65 WJC Awards

The S66 WJC Closing Ceremonies have begun. This season we made our newcomer GMs face our tried and true VHL veteran GMs. The task must have seemed monumental for these bright newcomers, to not only take on but defeat these larger than life GMs. For one exceptional new GM this became a story of tenacity, diligence and perhaps a little bit of luck as he out maneuvered our pros in the finals. On Behalf of the WJC Team I would like to congratulate @TsarPeter and his Gold Medal European Team. It was a Close tournament and It could have easily gone our Canadian Silver Medalist way, @Bushito defiantly showed Canada was a force to be reckoned with this whole tournament. He and His team of Canadians should be proud. Finally, Our Bronze Medalist Team World Had a lot of the tournament’s best players on their team. I few different bounces of the puck and @ShawnGlade may have been wearing a different color medal.

A special thank you to our team USA GM @uphillmoss and Our Team Asia GM @GustavMattias. You both did your teams proud and proved that you are exemplary GMs.

Now we can get to the fun Stuff!

The Official WJC S66 Podium:

First Place: Team Europe :eu:

Second Place: Team Canada:can:

Third Place: Team World ?

Now on with the Personal Awards! May I present to you your S66 WJC All-Star Team

WJC All-Star Team

F- Kyson Blake, USA @TMI

F- Shane Mars, World @Spade18

F- Anthony Matthews, World @Anthony Matthews

D- Elasmobranch Fish, Europe @Sharkstrong

D- Dallas Jones, USA @Trifecta

G- JB Rift, Europe @Devise

MVP:

And lastly, the overall MVP of the tournament. As always there are many good candidates for the WJC MVP although I don’t think that people will argue with our choice. Everyone join me in congratulating JB Rift (Devise), the amazing European goalie that carried Europe to their stunning victory! JB Rift had a Save % of 0.940 in the RR and 0.929 in the Medal Round, this gave him an over all Save % of 0.935.A Stunning performance by this Toronto Legion Goal tender!

Thank you to all the GMs, players and fans, you are what continues to make this tournament a success each season. I would also like to acknowledge our simmer (Devise) for all his hard work on the tournament, we couldn’t have done this without him.

All the best,

BladeMaiden and Frostbeard

WJC S66 Co-Commissioners

Edited by BladeMaiden

Many congratulations to Europe! Our one win against Europe became all the more puzzling when they won the championship. 

Asia didn't have as much success as I'd hoped, and I'd hardly call myself an "exemplary GM," but I hope everyone who had the chance to play for me had fun.

Though I didn't do that well, it was an honor to GM Team Asia. Many thanks to @BladeMaiden, @FrostBeard, and the VHL community for making this possible.

19 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Many congratulations to Europe! Our one win against Europe became all the more puzzling when they won the championship. 

Asia didn't have as much success as I'd hoped, and I'd hardly call myself an "exemplary GM," but I hope everyone who had the chance to play for me had fun.

Though I didn't do that well, it was an honor to GM Team Asia. Many thanks to @BladeMaiden, @FrostBeard, and the VHL community for making this possible.

We Hope to see you next season! It is hard to step up to the plate and be the one that calls the shots. Each year i see new members like yourself take on the challenge, being willing  to face that is what makes you all great!

Awesome tournament and an even better ending. Canada tends to be a powerhouse and while actually Canadian in real life and would always want them to win, it never upsets me to see them lose in these leagues. Congrats to everyone involved - especially to Europe on clinching GOLD! Also, big thanks to @BladeMaiden and @FrostBeard for being this years commissioners and helping out. 

Can't wait until next seasons! :cheers: 

I was garbage in the world cup (although I was below most people in terms of TPE) but I was below average in this too, even though I have one of the highest TPE totals. I'm a disgrace to America, of course when I played on team world last season I was on the All-WJC team