Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

*Answer all six questions for 2 Capped TPE*

1. With the off-season ongoing, are you looking forward to next year?

2. What kind of goals have you set out for next year?

3. What was your favourite place to hang out in Mexico City?

4. Thoughts on the new logo?

5. Where do you think you'll go in your draft(s) this off-season?

6. Who is taking the Playoffs?

@scoop @v.2 @McKelvie @duckberg32 @DrummerBoy15 @ThatsGreissy @Darth Kaprizov @Yolo @Shane Laz @Baby Boomer @Swazy

1. Well it is my draft year, so i am very excited to be drafted and play with a team next year and gain a lot of experience.

2. i would like to have 100 TPE by the end of the next season and play on a 2nd line. For the amount of points, i really don't know what to expect, because i don't know the level of difficulty in this league and the average of points for a rookie.

3. Clearly the arena, I was'nt there for a long time so i did'nt visit a lot, but i had a great time at the arena with the boys and the fans.

4. I am new to the league so i did'nt see the other logo, but this one is very nice and i like it.

5. This year is only my VHLM draft year, my VHL draft will be next year, but i think that i will be drafted in the 3rd or the 4th round, because i joined the league only 3 weeks ago.

6. Even if the Mississauga Hounds had an incredible season this year, i think that the Miami Marauders will take the playoffs, they had almost a perfect post-season and i think that they will continue that streaks.

1. Now that our season has officially ended, describe your overall experience with the kings (what you liked and disliked)

Team was small but the chemistry was fantastic!

2. Even though we didn’t make playoffs, we still get to watch. Who do you think is gonna take it all?

Missougua

3. Who do you feel has been the most improved player on our team? What did they improve?

Tui Souva is a stud defenseman

4. What are your plans for the offseason?

Still lifting weights, working on my dangles and improve my edge work

5. Do you plan on staying in the VHLM or are you heading to the big league? Where are you hoping to go?

would prefer another season in the VHLM, yet willing to go to wherever my talents take me. 

6. What is one thing you would recommend to new players joining the league in your specific position?

Drink Beer and improve your skating to hang with the big boys

DK86.JPG

I'm definitely excited for next year. I had a great time last season and I look to continue the fun for S78.

I'd like to have around a point per game for the upcoming season and also win the Founder's Cup.

The arena of course, in front of the fans. It's the best place in any city and It's where I spend the most time.

Still one of the best in the VHLM and maybe I'll get to rock it next season.

Probably in the first or second round of the VHLM draft and the third round in the VHL draft.

6. Who is taking the Playoffs

Hounds... easy

I'm looking forward to actually getting to show off my skills. This year, I played two games. I also had very little time to catch my skills up to the level of even an average player in the minors. I've had a lot of time now to improve, and next season I should come out of the gate a lot better than I was in those two games. Over the course of the season, I expect to drastically improve as well, and that growth should lead to a huge increase in my draft stock.

I haven't really thought about this much, and it is really still hard to say where I stack up with other players in the league. That being said, I'll somewhat arbitrarily say I'd like to score 20 goals. I'm more concerned with making the playoffs. My primary goal is simply to improve my skills, though, and this will be the thing I have the most control over. I'd like to continue getting 12 capped TPE per week and to really prove myself.

Given that I wasn't there for long, I didn't get to spend much time exploring. I did definitely enjoy my time checking out my teammates favorite bars though.

I think it looks sick. It definitely pops more than the old logo. The yellow being more prominent in this logo is definitely a good change in my eyes.

Honestly, it's really tough to say. Different GM's in the VHLM can value different things. A team that isn't competing this season might prefer to pick someone they think will be with them for two seasons. There are also players who I don't know whether they are going to be in the minors again or going up to the VHL. And there can still be recreates. All things considered, I'm predicting myself to go maybe in the 22 to 26 range. Late second or early third.

I had been predicting Helsinki, but Seattle is up 3-1 at this point. I'm think I'm feeling a comeback though, so I'll stick with my original thought. Didn't actually think it was going to seven, but it'll have to be if I'm right. Then again, I had also thought the Hounds were going to easily take the Founder's Cup.

Im just looking forward to the draft. Im getting antsy waiting to hit the ice, so im just excited to get going again. 

I want to be at the top of the VHLM, ive been solid with TPE earning, i want it to get me to a "goalie of the year" trophy.

definitely the beach, i couldnt get away from the sand, no better place to unwind after a game or a road trip, plus, there was a margarita truck on the beach on saturdays.

Definetely better than the last one, maybe it could be better in some areas, but overall its a huge improvement.

Ive had alot of teams reach out to me for interviews, im really hoping for first or second round.

I answered this late, but Miami definetely deserved the cup, they were a strong team all season long, and it paid off.

On 5/6/2021 at 3:00 AM, Advantage said:

@scoop @v.2 @McKelvie @duckberg32 @DrummerBoy15 @ThatsGreissy @Darth Kaprizov @Yolo @Shane Laz @Baby Boomer @Swazy

1. Yep definitely. 

2. Be one of the best sophs. 

3. The Chapuletpic part. It is a large and peaceful getaway from the city life. 

4. If fits the team name better. Although the last one fit our culture better. I really do not know why. 
5. Yukon or Houston, but I honestly do not know. It would be great if I could end up back here. 
6. I would say Seattle. But I haven't checked the scores yet. 

Press Conference

VHL.png.ea65180015009198c58ff466ac06499b.png

1. The draft is Tomorrow! Who are you expecting to go first overall? Where do you expect yourself to go?

2. How has your VHL experience been so far? What have you enjoyed the most? What have you disliked the most?

3. This is your last chance to give teams an idea of who your player is before the draft! What is one thing you want GMs out there to know about your players strengths and weaknesses?

4. What have you been up to this off-season? Any cool and exciting stories to share?

5. Whats your players main goal for this upcoming season?

6. What is the number one thing you look for when you join a new team?

@Yolo @Advantage @Shane Laz @DrummerBoy15 @McKelvie @Darth Kaprizov @duckberg32 @v.2

• Commissioner

@ThatsGreissy I only just realized you’ve been making a new topic each week, I merged them all together. Please use this one for any new press conferences instead of making a new topic each week. It just keeps everything cleaner.

1. How do you feel on playing for the Mexico City Kings?

Would love to stay with the Kings, best organization out there

2. Do you expect to be drafted where you are slated?

yeah, probs, hoping to slide a bit so less pressure, i play better when i'm chillin.  

3. Are you happy with where you got drafted in the vhl/where do you think youll be drafted in the vhl?  

I'm anticipating I will be drafted after i'm traded. 

4. What's your gameplan for this season?

Score gino's, grab some apples, smash people thru the boards, ya know, typical day at the rink

5. Is a hotdog a sandwich?

very much so and only ketchup, no mustard

6. What are your expectations for your player in the VHLM?

Isn't everyone's to win a cup and be MVP

DK86.JPG

1. The draft is Tomorrow! Who are you expecting to go first overall? Where do you expect yourself to go?

I think Markinson will go first, he has been at the top all season so I don't see anyone passing on him. I feel I'll go around 25th overall after seeing my rankings. 

2. How has your VHL experience been so far? What have you enjoyed the most? What have you disliked the most?

It's been great so far, and I've liked just about everything. That being said, depreciation still scares me even though it's far away.

3. This is your last chance to give teams an idea of who your player is before the draft! What is one thing you want GMs out there to know about your players strengths and weaknesses?

I'm a playmaker so I'm mostly a "pass first"  player and I'm always trying to set up plays.  My defensive game still needs work however.

4. What have you been up to this off-season? Any cool and exciting stories to share?

Nothing exciting... still in lockdown.

5. What's your players main goal for this upcoming season?

To win the cup in whatever league I'm in. That's the goal no matter what. 

A good group of guys that wants to win. 

On 5/12/2021 at 7:34 AM, ThatsGreissy said:

Press Conference

VHL.png.ea65180015009198c58ff466ac06499b.png

5. Whats your players main goal for this upcoming season?

@Yolo @Advantage @Shane Laz @DrummerBoy15 @McKelvie @Darth Kaprizov @duckberg32 @v.2

1. I guess I answered to late. Oops. 
2. I enjoyed the community the most. I dislike not having live games in this league. 
3. Hmm. Late again. I would have said my scoring and offensive ability. 
4. Got my COVID vaccine. 
5. Maybe crack the top 20. 

6. Community and effort among players. 

Mexico City Kings Press Conference 

1. Thoughts on the team going into the season?

2. What kind of goals have you set out for this year?

3. What are your expectations for yourself in your career?

4. Who will be our biggest rival this season?

5. Who should be team captain?

6. Is everything going okay mentally from the pandemic?

@duckberg32 @ThatsGreissy @Darth Kaprizov @Spade18 @iyog @Thunfish @GoldGear88 @masher @Mattylive3k @Suzuki14

The first season is always rougher than the rest, if you ask me. That said, I'd say the team is looking as good as the others, I'm sure we'll put up a fight. A good fight.

Surviving would be grand, I think.

I wish to be known for my good behavior and perhaps, if the heavens allow me to, a trophy win at some point.

I don't discriminate rivals, think it's not nice.

I say we draw lots, which is the nicest way to do so.

Perfectly fine, honestly. I was a tad gutted over university matters but I'm fine enough now that I'm getting things going.

I think we are going to surprise some people

Team Goal: Get to the Founders Cup, Individual goal is to lead the team in scoring 

HOF baby!

Miami or San Diego

I thought it was over???

I thought this guy was the captain

image.png.14b4f7d5e5870656cba6784cd84ed2be.png

DK86#2.JPG

3 hours ago, Advantage said:

@duckberg32 @ThatsGreissy @Darth Kaprizov @Spade18 @iyog @Thunfish @GoldGear88 @masher @Mattylive3k @Suzuki14

1. I think we are definitely looked at as a underdog team going into the year but I think we all have something to prove and will be better than people think. 

2. Although this is my first year my goal is to become a superstar in this league and be a high draft pick in the VHL.

3. Expectations for myself are to be a power forward/ sniper and a legend at the position.

4. Probably Miami or Houston.

5. I think there are a lot of players on this team that could be the front runner for it. I say we do a vote and see who the team decides on. 

6. Yes!

22 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. We don't have much star power, but I think as we develop we can sneak in some wins

2. I'd like maybe 30 goals, pretty lofty but why not.

3. My expectations are becoming a solid VHLer for my whole career.

4. We have some tough competition in our conference, so pretty much everyone

5. If goalies could be captains, Greiss would probably we ours

6. Yes, I've managed well by taking my dog out for walks and hanging out with family.

On 5/20/2021 at 2:27 PM, Advantage said:

1. The team is coming off a poor performance last season, but we have more depth in the roster this year and im expecting a playoff run!

2. I just want to play the best I can. Team goals are more important to me than personal ones so im really pushing for a playoff run. Goaltender of the year would just be a happy bonus! haha

3. Im expecting to continue on an upward trajectory, improving on last season. 

4. I think our biggest rival this season will be Mississauga. We really struggled against them last season and i think this season were out for redemption.

5. I think our captain should be Kaprikov, hes been consistent in the discord hyping the guys up before big games and hes always shown the the team comes first. 

6. Its been a real struggle, its tough being isolated for so long, and here in Canada, especially Ontario, its been much stricter compared to other parts of the world making it impossible to really enjoy the day-to-day goings on of life.

Edited by ThatsGreissy
Typo

1. Have you been following NHL these Playoffs? If so, who is your team?

2. Thoughts on the recent VHLE announcement?

3. Management is going to have the site LR up in the next couple of days.  Will you use it?

4. PC, Xbox, PS or Nintendo?

5. You get to create a franchise in the VHL, what is their name?

6. Best moment from your Hockey career so far?

@duckberg32 @Darth Kaprizov @ThatsGreissy @Spade18 @Suzuki14 @Mattylive3k @Thunfish @iyog @GoldGear88

24 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Absolutely, Its been an A+ playoffs so far.  To be honest I'm a devils fan, so at this point... Vegas or Winnipeg?

Love it, wish it had happened in about 2 months when work slows down so I can apply to be a GM, but i'm interested to see how it plays out.

3. Management is going to have the site LR up in the next couple of days.  Will you use it?

It will legit be my only way to interact with the team.

PC & PS

The Pathfinders. 

IRL? I got to play pick up hockey on Prudential Center's ice a few time last year.

@duckberg32 @Darth Kaprizov @ThatsGreissy @Spade18 @Suzuki14 @Mattylive3k @Thunfish @iyog @GoldGear88

On 5/28/2021 at 8:24 AM, Advantage said:

1. Go Bruins!

2. Not caught up on what the VHLE is.

3. I'll check it out.

4. PC and PS

5. Saskatoon Polar Bears

6. Every game we win.

MN Wild

Can't wait to tour Europe baby!

WHAT IS LR?

PS4

The Might Dongs

I'd have to go with my first hat trick or first time being # 1 star of the game. 

On 5/28/2021 at 7:24 AM, Advantage said:

1. I’ve been terrible. We got freakin swept. Sad blues noises. 
2. the VHLE is gonna be amazing

3. the what?

4. PC!

5. St. Louis Tugboats 

6. Getting drafted was awesome and so was making the vhlm playoffs