Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

1. With our season over, what are your plans for the off-season?

Fightin round the world ala Russel Crowe

2. When a team beats you in the playoffs, do you prefer to see them win the cup or fall short the next round?

I would rather they lose.  I know a lot of people say they would rather the team win, but to me it's more "If we had beaten them, then no one could have stopped us"

3. What are your goals for next season?

To actually have a fight

4. What six VHLE cities do you want to see represented?

My vote would be London, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Vienna, Prauge

5. Tampa Bay Lightning are up 2-0 on Montreal.  Any chance Habs come back?

Pop Tv No GIF by Schitt's Creek

6. Describe your season in 3 words.

DID NOT FIGHT

Edited by Spade18

I'll mostly be trying some experimental things for the time being, I believe. Hopefully, we'll be back in quality fashion for our next go around the wheel.

2. When a team beats you in the playoffs, do you prefer to see them win the cup or fall short the next round?

I think the most honourable thing is to lose to a team who will, in the end, win it all.

Be productive, be competent and be regular.

Paris, Thun, Munich, Lisbon, Milan and Edinburgh.

Never say never in these kinds of things. I do doubt it in any case.

Needs more improvement.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:51 AM, Advantage said:

1. Prepare for a couple of drafts

2. Personally, I don't like to wish failure on anyone, but I'd rather they go far so we can say we lost to the championship team

3. 30 goals doesn't seem too far out

4. The teams with historical relevance should get in I think

5. Ah jeez man, 3-0 now and they have all the momentum. I loved the way we played at the end of game 3, but we need to crack Vasi.

6. Uhhhhhhh first round loss? Lol that was simple

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Press Conference for anyone that needs one! (Will have another in 1-2 days for next week)

1. The draft is over and we have added five new players and two returning players to the team.  Of those players, who are you most excited to play with?

2. The team has assembled a full squad for the first time in a couple seasons.  What are your expectations for the team?

3. The VHL is celebrating it's fourteenth birthday.  What is your favourite memory you have from one of your previous birthdays?

4. With the world starting to open up, any big plans upcoming?

5. Who will be our biggest rival this season in my opinion?

6. Is there anything management can do (other than be more competent) for you?

Answer for 2 TPE if you still need one!!!

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @GoldGear88 @DollarAndADream  @Thunfish @duckberg32 @bukss_a @Pengu @jhatty8 @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy

1. The draft is over and we have added five new players and two returning players to the team.  Of those players, who are you most excited to play with?

Wouldn't be fair to single out anyone in particular now, would it?

2. The team has assembled a full squad for the first time in a couple seasons.  What are your expectations for the team?

Well, we should improve from last season as a minimum. Sky is the limit.

3. The VHL is celebrating it's fourteenth birthday.  What is your favourite memory you have from one of your previous birthdays?

Uh... I joined last season so... I dunno.

Not 100% sure. Brazilian government has a talent for screwing up peachy situations. Assuming nothing goes downhill and we don't invent an even more lethal variation of the virus, I'm planning on going with my classmates from French class for some fun downtown at the end of the year. Maybe meet some of my mates over there as well.

Anyone that gets in the way.

I mean... if you know someone who's into manga, anime and is a cutie, I won't complain...

9 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Quick Press Conference for anyone that needs one! (Will have another in 1-2 days for next week)

1. Honestly, all of them just because I don't really know anyone in the league anymore
2. Pretty darn well! Will try to up my TPE gainage
3. When I got a power rangers toy that transformed into a zord
4. I want to travel again! The plan is a tour of Asia!
5. I have no idea who we piling out hate on
6. Just @ me with press conferences and stuff to do. I'm pretty bad lol

3 hours ago, Advantage said:

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @GoldGear88 @DollarAndADream  @Thunfish @duckberg32 @bukss_a @Pengu @jhatty8 @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy

1. I'm very excited to play with whoever @Pengu's guy is. We'll make a formidable backline.

2. Championship or bust baby (of course no pressure on you ADV).

3. I like eating cake and getting gift cards.

4. Going to our local career center for half of the day instead of most of my normal classes starting in August.

5. Whichever team @rory  quit from I forget.

6. Ping me for all TPE things.

3 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. Not familiar with any of the new draftees, but I'm glad we have a solid group this year.

2. I hope we can go far in the playoffs... getting knocked out first round last season sucked, hopefully we can make it to the finals.

3. My 20th birthday will always be my favourite as I travelled around Ontario with my buddies for a month.

4. Not much will change in my life.

5. I hope not Yukon again, tough team last season.

6. You're doing great in my books.

1. The draft is over and we have added five new players and two returning players to the team.  Of those players, who are you most excited to play with?

Since im one of the additions, I will skip this question because im not familiar with my fellow draftie mates. 

2. The team has assembled a full squad for the first time in a couple seasons.  What are your expectations for the team?

Its simple, CUP. 

Althought im long time in VHL, I cant remember other birthday. So its Hard to answer. 

Havent thought about big plans.

5. Who will be our biggest rival this season in my opinion?

Probably, should be CUP holders and the second finale team. 

6. Is there anything management can do (other than be more competent) for you?

Lets return to this question after some time, when we will know each other better. 

6 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. I'm excited to play with everyone! Brand new team for me! Let's find some chemistry!

2. Hey, let's go big or go home. Cup, baby!

3. My last birthday was during covid where we barely saw our families, etc. I went snowboarding with the nieces and nephews and had a great time for my birthday. Didn't see them for months.

4. Lots of water sports on the lake!

5. Everyone else we face is my rival.

6. I'm good to go, to be honest. They could get me a free 100 TPE for no reason, but that's a hard ask.

I wanna sit in the box after beating the shit out of someone else.  But I'm happy to sit in the box with anyone.

Knowing the quick turn arounds of the VHLM, I would say we're looking at a decent run here.

I wanna say it was maybe my 27th or 28th birthday? but we went to my favorite steak house, and right next door there was this divey little irish pub that would always play west coast hockey games, so we went there to get tanked after.  the two players here are Erica and Alicia, and this was the first time they were meeting.  Erica has been my absolute best friend since college, like would not be alive with out her levels of loyalty and friendship here.  Alicia is a friend of my ex whos a bit younger than the rest of us but we love her to death.  So this was maybe a year or two after the previously mentioned Ex and I broke up.  In a drunken whirl while we were outside having a cigarette, Erica starts RAILING against my ex who we've ceremoniously named "Trashbag". So Erica goes on for like 5 minutes about how much she hates this bitch, and the terrible fucking things she would do and say to her if she ever sees her again.  And at the end of the fucking maniacal rant Alicia just goes "she's like... my best friend...." and Erica just like shuts her mouth.  Drops her cigarette, and without another word goes right back into the bar and does a shot at the counter.  We were fucking absolutely losing our shit. 

Be ground to dust by the wheel of capitalism

Anyone who gets in our way.

Keep on lookin fiiiiinnnnneeee as hell.

On 7/18/2021 at 7:24 PM, Advantage said:

1. Honestly, they all look great. It’s good to see that the team is finally building the depth we need to push us to that competitive level. 

2. We have a solid team, now that we have the depth, I expect we will turn some heads in this upcoming season.

3. Easy, the first cold beer I had on my 19th birthday (legal drinking age in Canada)

4. I’m just looking forward to hugging people again lol. That and socializing without the distance. 

5. At this stage, everyone is our rival. We’ve made some big moves and everybody’s gonna be looking to take us out. 

6. Management is great. They run a tight, yet relaxed ship. The moral on the team is great!

1. Favourite Memory of Sports Growing Up?

2. If you are the Seattle Kraken, do you go younger and save the cap or try to compete right away?

3. My fiancee and I are both starting new jobs.  What is your favourite you have ever had?

4. Who should be the captain of our team?

5.  What do you need to do in your role for the Kings to be successful?

6. Favourite thing to do when relaxing at home?

Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE!!

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @GoldGear88 @DollarAndADream   @Thunfish @duckberg32 @bukss_a @Pengu @jhatty8 @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy

On 7/21/2021 at 6:55 PM, Advantage said:

Has to be the Kawhi shot or the Bautista bat flip.

2. If you are the Seattle Kraken, do you go younger and save the cap or try to compete right away?

I think they galaxy brained it to save some cap and are going to be pretty bad this season. They should have bit on some of those contracts.

3. My fiancee and I are both starting new jobs.  What is your favourite you have ever had?

My current one, the most paid :)

DollarandDreams player :), good guy, loves the game. 

Motivate my former teammates

Playing video games or making graphics.

(the Riga one was 10 questions like r u kidding me)

Cheering for the Leafs everytime we beat the Sens

Save the cap! Uhh I don't know really

Working from home has been great!

I don't know anyone well enough to vote 

Up my tpe earning! Want to be defense 24/7

Nap. More napping and just nap nap nap. Nothing beats lazing in bed with 3 cats as companions.

On 7/21/2021 at 2:25 PM, Advantage said:

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @GoldGear88 @DollarAndADream   @Thunfish @duckberg32 @bukss_a @Pengu @jhatty8 @DeeGoat @ThatsGreissy

1. Everytime the habs won a cup, my dad is a huge fan and we would all gather around the tv to watch together.

2 Younger, not sure but I think Vegas just had a good draft. Better rules for them.

3. I was a server in university and worked with all girls, was a good time to be a guy.

4. Greiss

5. Be the offensive defenceman for the Kings.

6. Watching TV, drinking beer.

On 7/21/2021 at 2:25 PM, Advantage said:

1. When Kevin Bieksa scored in OT in 2011 to bring the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Finals. Don't remember much after that though.

2. Younger. They need a future. They will still be competitive for sure with some namely picks, but you can't just grab all the high priced stars.

3. One of my first jobs I was a dishwasher in a nice restaurant on a golf course. I got upgraded to a line cook, and I actually had a ton of fun with the waitresses and cooks, etc. I had a blast in that kitchen on a lot of nights. I would say my absolute favourite is my current job as an elevator mechanic though.

4. I fully trust anyone on our roster to lead us to the top.

5. This is the VHLM, so I would say score goals and get a lot of assists.

6. Computer, video games, music.

Playing: Winning the Montreal Cup in hockey, hitting for the cycle in a tournament and then, hitting a grand slam in the finals of another tournament (which we still lost) in the same year.
Watching: Just going to Montreal Expos games ruled.

They should've gone the Vegas route and try to get as many assets as possible with expansion-related trades, but Ron Francis messed everything up by asking waaaaaay too much and now, until teams are very desperate to get rid of contracts, they're... not looking to good for now AND the future.

The one I have currenty and it's only because the others sucked.

Already voted and believe the correct one was assigned.

I just wanna score goals. That's the thing I'm trying to do.

Watch stuff, play stuff and just think about nothing.

2002 FIFA World Cup victory.

I'd do what they seem to have done on the Expansion Draft - make a team of versatile and consistent players.

Updating my dad's stock spreadhseets, I think.

Uh... I mean... I'm the captain right now...

Score goals, usually.

Kick back with a glass of lemonade while blasting some tunes.

1. Team is off to a great start.  What has been the biggest difference?

2. What has been the biggest difference between where you played before the VHLM from here?

3. Favorite cheat snack?

4. You can represent any country that isn't your own, who is it?

5. You can change to any position, what is it?

6. Favourite meme?

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @duckberg32 @GoldGear88  @DollarAndADream   @Thunfish  @bukss_a  @Pengu  @jhatty8  @DeeGoat  @ThatsGreissy

6 hours ago, Advantage said:

2. What has been the biggest difference between where you played before the VHLM from here?

3. Favorite cheat snack?

6. Favourite meme?

@FBR @Plate @Spade18 @JCV @duckberg32 @GoldGear88  @DollarAndADream   @Thunfish  @bukss_a  @Pengu  @jhatty8  @DeeGoat  @ThatsGreissy

1. Compared to last season we actually have a full squad to help out Greiss. Our top 6 up front are solid.

2. I played on the Kings last season the biggest difference is just the new members.

3. Sushi (The deep fried ones).

4. Poland.

5. I like defence I wouldn't change.

6. I don't really know memes too well.

8 hours ago, Advantage said:

3. Favorite cheat snack?

6. Favourite meme?

1. Probably great managment job finding Best lines. 

2. Cant remember. It was so long time ago. 

3. Salted peanut. 

4. Spain (Canaria Islandes) 

5. Could try offence. Never had an forwarder. 

6. I dont like them so much

14 hours ago, Advantage said:

3. Favorite cheat snack?

6. Favourite meme?

1. Having a complete roster seems to be effective!
2. No difference! Advantage brought me back!
3. Matcha Kit Kats

4. Vietnam!
5. Goal Keeper maybe?
6. Uhhh I don't know I guess I don't have one but I find a lot of em funny

16 hours ago, Advantage said:

3. Favorite cheat snack?

6. Favourite meme?

1. New infusion of talent has been huge for the team.

2. Not really much of a difference to be honest, change of scenery.

3. Pirouette cookie sticks.

4. I'd go Canada, they're probably pretty good.

5. Goalie, would be very interesting to be one.

6. https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/913/177/964.gif

16 hours ago, Advantage said:

3. Favorite cheat snack?

6. Favourite meme?

1. We've been really good at having everyone contribute. There's nobody really dominating our team in scoring. We have 5 players over 20 points.

2. The VHLM is a great league because it showcases future VHL stars. There's a lot of talent down here and everyone is pushing to get drafted, so everyone has the same motivations.

3. Ice cream sandwiches.

4. Netherlands!

5. Any winger position!

6. I don't know why, but I've always liked datboi. Or the shooting stars video meme.