Moscow Menace Press Conference

1.) MOSCOW HAS WON THE CONTINENTAL CUP? Be honest - did you think we had a chance this season?

Absolutely, we've slowly improved season after season.

We were due to win it.

2.) You get one day with the cup - where are you taking it?

I'm probably going to take it on a pub crawl and spend some time hanging out with fans. 

3.) Do you believe we are early favorites to go back to back next season?

Absolutely, most of our core is intact and regression didnt seem to hit any of us too hard.

4.) What type of championship merch is your player going to buy/wear?

Probably just a Moscow Menace crewneck or something. I dont wear anything flashy.

5.) Do you like amusement parks? BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!

I'm down if it's the one in Tokyo.

6.) Recommend @gorlab a book to read!

Read Dark Matter or Redshirts my dude.

1.) Who will be Moscow's biggest threat in the EU Conference this season?

For me, it has to be Riga Reign. With Dan Baillie going there, and their roster coming into it's own, they look like a slight problem for us. 

2.) Who will Moscow face in the Continental Cup this season?

Hmmm.... I'll go with a bold choice and say it's going to be DC Dragons, for some reason. 

3.) Is your player self-quarantining? What are they doing to stay sane?

Yes, definitely quarantining in these uncertain times. Jet Jaguar is learning how to be a chess grand master during the self-isolation.

4.) What are your individual goals for this season?

Lead all centers in scoring, hopefully with 40+ goals and 50+ assists, and bring another Continental Cup to Moscow.

5.) Besides your own player, who do you think is poised for a breakout year on the team?

Pavlov about to take the torch from Smitty and really establish himself as the next guy to own the defencemen awards. 

6.) Who on the team is most likely to get arrested for any reason?

Killy Folien. The kid loves to get into a bit of trouble here and there. Gritty can't be touched by any law-enforcement agency, so definitely Killy. 

•  

On 3/21/2020 at 1:17 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

5.) Besides your own player, who do you think is poised for a breakout year on the team?

1. No one, we can't be touched.

2. Hmm, I really don't know any other VHL teams, so whatever @gorlab picks.

3. I'm not sane, that's the thing.

4. Get into the starting lineup ?

5. Uhh Telkser, looks primed to make a impact.

6. Gorlab, he's very controversial.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:17 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1) The only thing stopping Moscow from winning back to back cups is if the corona virus cancels the VHL season, so I would say that is their biggest threat. Luckily, Russian media says they have 0 cases of corona virus, but have seen a rapid increase in cases of pneumonia, so Moscow is safe there because Russia is very trustworthy

2) Vancouver so I can laugh at Beaviss when I beat him

3) Going on lots of walks, playing NHL 20 and call of duty, and reading some new and old books to pass the time

4) If I do the same as last year I would be happy with that. I was top 10 in a lot of scoring categories, so that would be fun again. This team scores lots of goalz

5) Bernard. He really turned it on down the stretch and into the playoffs, and I think we will see that consistency throughout the entire season

6) @gorlab because I would tell police officers to catch a fade 

On 3/21/2020 at 12:17 PM, flyersfan1453 said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. Riga could have a chance to be a surprise team this year, so possibly them.

2. I think it'll be Calgary again.

3. They are, there doing workouts at home and staying there as much as possible.

4. 35 points is my goal, hopefully I can achieve it!

5. Killy could have a breakout year if he plays with the right line.

6. i caught gritty stealing the hotel shampoo mini containers in calgary during the plofs?

They can just engrave our names in the cup now.

Calgary getting to the finals with us was unexpected, now I expect them to get back there.

Frequent booze deliveries via instacart.

Try to at least match last seasons point totals.

Bernard has already established himself as a top level goalie but I think his stats improve this year and he shows us how elite he is.

6.) Who on the team is most likely to get arrested for any reason?

Smitty, for verbally assaulting Malmo's entire team constantly.

1.) MOSCOW HAS WON THE CONTINENTAL CUP? Be honest - did you think we had a chance this season?

Of course, Victor had this window in mind from the moment I was drafted here. We can make another run at it again this year too.

2.) You get one day with the cup - where are you taking it?

Probably just to my hometown.

3.) Do you believe we are early favorites to go back to back next season?

I do, but that doesn't mean it's going to be easy.

4.) What type of championship merch is your player going to buy/wear?

Shirt and hat, I'm a simple guy.

5.) Do you like amusement parks? BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!

I like roller coasters actually.

6.) Recommend @gorlab a book to read!

The Old Man and the Sea

Edited by Kyle

NEW QUESTIONS

1.) Moscow has had some young players really step up so far this season. Who's been the biggest breakout star for Moscow thus far in S71?

2.) What is your opinion on the recent VHL change to limit uncapped tpe? Good or bad?

3.) Are you are there is a VHL graphics tournament going on right now? Are you voting for gorlab every week?

4.) What is the best piece of media (movie, tv show, podcast) you've discovered since the recent 'social distancing' / 'stay at home' developments?

5.) Are you happy with the approx. 2 games simmed per day? How many Moscow games would you like to see simmed per day?

6.) Which VHL arena is the nicest in the league, in your opinion? What team's arena do you most like playing in, besides Moscow of course.

9 hours ago, gorlab said:

1.) Moscow has had some young players really step up so far this season. Who's been the biggest breakout star for Moscow thus far in S71?

So far, it's been Oskar Lagesson. He's currently leading the team in points as a defenseman, which is pretty rare.

2.) What is your opinion on the recent VHL change to limit uncapped tpe? Good or bad?

Good. It's not a panacea or anything, but it's a step in the right direction. 

3.) Are you are there is a VHL graphics tournament going on right now? Are you voting for gorlab every week?

I was aware there is a graphics tourny going on but I did not know there was public voting. I will vote for the best sig regardless of who makes it...so I'll be voting Gorlab.

4.) What is the best piece of media (movie, tv show, podcast) you've discovered since the recent 'social distancing' / 'stay at home' developments?

My fiancee and I started Tiger King last night. We're 2 episodes in, and this show is crazy so far.

5.) Are you happy with the approx. 2 games simmed per day? How many Moscow games would you like to see simmed per day?

2 per day is fine and is normal. Once you start messing with the length of the season (in terms of the calendar), you start changing career TPE earnings.

6.) Which VHL arena is the nicest in the league, in your opinion? What team's arena do you most like playing in, besides Moscow of course.

HC Davos's arena is pretty nice. It's in a nice area too that's fun to visit a couple times a year.

17 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. Uh me of course, I'm the best on the team ATM!

2. I don't like it, for welfare guys like me against top end earners like Bana and Bek we need all the tpe we can get.

3. Hell no, and yes because Gorlab is a goat.

4. TV Shows on Netflix tbh.

5. 3-4 Actually, get us more action and info and our team.

6. None of them, they all suck. 

22 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1) My man @Aye my name jeff is killing it so far this season! 

2) Good for keeping the tpe whores in line, I don't think it's a huge difference in the end though

3) I was not aware this exists because I never check anything artsy fartsy related. If you send me the link every week I will vote for Goatlab

4) @flyersfan1453 is suggesting Tiger King, I think I will be checking that out. Everyone is saying it's a must watch for how bizarre and how much of a shit show it is

5) 2 seems like a good number so far, I see no reason to change it. I think our balance of schedules is perfect so far

6) New York's is the nicest because it is similar to the Madison Square Garden. I most like playing in Malmo's stadium because we always easy sweep them aside like the maggots they are

On 3/28/2020 at 10:39 PM, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. It’s gotta be Lagesson, he’s been a beast so far!

2. I don’t really like it, but what can ya do.

3. I did not know that but I’ll start to vote for him!

4. Maybe my own I just did? It’s about Sigard Gunnar in media spots!

5. I think 3 would be nice? But that means quicker season and adjustments to tpe to even put the quicker pace

6. I played in Saskatoon and that was a cool arena!

Lagesson for sure.

Good, I think inflation has become a big problem and gets abused.

No but I can start.

the movie The Gentlemen by Guy Richie.

Yeah 2 is fine.

Riga has a very nice arena.

1.) Moscow has had some young players really step up so far this season. Who's been the biggest breakout star for Moscow thus far in S71?

They all seem to be stepping up but Lagesson especially seems to be coming into his own.

2.) What is your opinion on the recent VHL change to limit uncapped tpe? Good or bad?

Aside from the donation aspect, I didnt really agree with the changes but oh well.

I feel so bad. Can I still vote for you?

Tiger King was pretty damn great.

I wouldn't mind seeing a third simmed every day just to get through the season a bit faster.

6.) Which VHL arena is the nicest in the league, in your opinion? What team's arena do you most like playing in, besides Moscow of course.

It literally pains me to say this but Malmo's is pretty state of the art. Other than that it's always nice to be playing back at home in Prague.

NEW QUESTIONS

1.) 20 games into S71, Moscow is fighting for 1st overall in the league. Who's our biggest competition for the Victory Cup? (best reg ssn record)

2.) Are you involved with the VHLM at all (GM, AGM, alumni who keeps up with their team, etc.)? If so, what VHLM team do you follow?

3.) Did you make any player store purchases this season? If so, what?

4.) Are you wearing a face mask/covering of any sort when you go out in public now adays? Do you think this will become the norm?

5.) Henrik Zoidberg has settled in nicely on Moscow, with 27 points in 22 games. He's our leading scorer. What has impressed you most about Zoidberg so far?

6.) How has the weather been so far in April where you've been self-isolating?

1.) 20 games into S71, Moscow is fighting for 1st overall in the league. Who's our biggest competition for the Victory Cup? (best reg ssn record)

At this point, I'm going to say Calgary. Just based off of the current standings, there are more top teams in the EU than NA, so ASSUMING we finish first in EU and therefore beat up on the other EU teams, Calgary would be the next team up since they're in NA.

2.) Are you involved with the VHLM at all (GM, AGM, alumni who keeps up with their team, etc.)? If so, what VHLM team do you follow?

I don't follow the individual teams as much anymore, and I doubt I could tell you who the GMs of each team are, but I've always been associated with Ottawa, and I have a soft spot for the Reapers now.

I did - I bought the one that stops depreciation for one attribute. For my final season, I'll be buying that one again (the Jagr?) and also Old But Not Forgotten...depreciation is still going to hurt though.

4.) Are you wearing a face mask/covering of any sort when you go out in public now adays? Do you think this will become the norm?

I will be wearing homemade masks shortly. The governor of PA recently "highly recommend" that all who go in public in high foot traffic areas (grocery stores and other shops, etc...not just going on a walk) wear homemade masks or scarfs. This all happened really quickly - three days ago, it was relatively rare to see someone with a mask, but I went to Target yesterday and I'd say roughly 65% of people were wearing them already. PA has 10,000 cases and the majority of them are in south eastern PA.

.) Henrik Zoidberg has settled in nicely on Moscow, with 27 points in 22 games. He's our leading scorer. What has impressed you most about Zoidberg so far?

The fact that he is the leading scorer on Moscow, with 27 points in 22 games!

It's starting to hit 60 degrees in freedom units, so that's nice, but it's been raining a lot too.

18 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

5.) Henrik Zoidberg has settled in nicely on Moscow, with 27 points in 22 games. He's our leading scorer. What has impressed you most about Zoidberg so far?

1. If I'm being for real, it's probably Riga or DCD, they have been great overall this year.

2. Yea kind of, Saskatoon is real place for me, same with Las Vegas, Minnesota sometimes.

3. No, saving all my shit in the bank tbh.

4. No lol, that's dumb, I'm a fighter not conservative. 

5. His competitiveness and how much he can change the team dynamic.

6. It's pretty mixed, can get a huge storm one day or a sunny bright day the next.

23 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1) I could swear I just answered this question last week. The only correct  answer is the corona virus because the only thing stopping us from first is league cancellation

2) I only ever pay attention to it when my player is in the VHLM. Similar to what Flyersfan said, Ottawa was my OG team and I like Philadelphia for obvious reasons

3) Both the depreciation ones and even with that my player still get messed up by deprecation :(

4) I don't currently own any facemasks, but they are on the way so soon I will be. FYI, facemasks are only to protect others from yourself in case you sick, they do not help you prevent getting sick from others. 

5) The fact that he is a better Zoidberg than @Jala's player

6) A mixture of some really nice and rainy days. Weather is getting warmer, can't complain

On 4/5/2020 at 12:38 AM, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. I think Calgary is gonna be a real threat again.

2. Not currently involved with the vhlm, but months down the road when Brandon Telker comes to the league I’ll be excited to be involved again!

3. Yes I did! 10 extra uncapped tpe for vhl.com.

4. I haven’t started to yet. I think it will be temporary, with a slow crawl back to normal society.

5. A great player who will help lead the younger core in the future to come!

6. it’s been pretty bad. Still snow on and off!

Probably Calgary again, they're young.

No I can't say that I am.

No I'm saving it to deal with depreciation next season.

I have to, I live in NYC. It will likely be the norm for me going forward.

He's been a great fit with our offense and hopefully he keeps it rolling.

It's been fine, I really can't even workout outside because I live in Brooklyn and it's really dangerous here.

NEW QUESTIONS

1.) Do you have any thoughts on the recent SBA/VHL drama? Highlights for you?

2.) If you pay attention to sims, do you remember a specific game this season where your player really performed? What game is it?

3.) Which HBO television series is superior, Oz or The Wire and why?

4.) Moscow still hanging in there, 2nd in the VHL, even on a 4 game losing streak. What should we do to break our losing streak?

5.) You've signed a contract with a sports card company to autograph some cards. On 10 of the cards, they want you to write your player's catch phrase under the signature. What is the catch phrase?

6.) Will Victor be active at the trade deadline?

7 hours ago, gorlab said:

Yes, but nothing public. Just tired of it at this point. Do have to point out our discord can still be a cesspool sometimes, and it's the same couple of people over and over again. How some people find their shtick funny, I have no idea.

2.) If you pay attention to sims, do you remember a specific game this season where your player really performed? What game is it?

Not this, season, but I remember that Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen scored the winning goal to win the Continental Cup.

The Wire is superior, AINEC. Best show on television, minus the last season.

4.) Moscow still hanging in there, 2nd in the VHL, even on a 4 game losing streak. What should we do to break our losing streak?

Put Smitty back with Pavlov...or sacrifice Gritty to the STHS gods.

5.) You've signed a contract with a sports card company to autograph some cards. On 10 of the cards, they want you to write your player's catch phrase under the signature. What is the catch phrase?

Catch phrase is easy - He was number one!

Yes - Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen will be shipped me off.

12 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. Man I'm tired of that shit, I'm an very active guy in most sim leagues, would love affiliation to be brought back.

2. Yea Game 22 or 23 I believe, I was 3 star in that one.

3. I don't watch those shows.

4. Get some new lines, Foilen needs to improve for sure.

5. Yall Can't fuck with me.

6. Don't think so, our roster is great as is, all growing with each other.

Meh, we'll still be here like we always have been.

I believe i had a great game against Riga which is could because I think that's been one of our rivals for a few seasons now.

Can't say because I've never seen Oz but I love The Wire.

We may need to switch some lines a bit, but I've got faith we'll get back on track no matter what.

"Dump and chase"

Not sure, I think we're pretty tight to the cap so we may just hold strong.

19 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1) Sim leagues are for fun, and it's ridiculous that the SHL and VHL can't just combine on this. However, at the end of the day on a scale of 1-10, it's like a 2 on the big deal scale

2) Gritty has not really been doing as well this season unfortunately. I remember getting hat tricks a few games last season, but no dice this year. 

3) I've never watched either (besides a few youtube clips of the wire) so I don't feel qualified to answer this one

4) Watch reruns of the Office while smoking some weed and eating doritos. Wait I just described @Higgins life

5) I continue to amaze me

6) There are rumors that a surprise big deal is coming, so keep you anus peeled