ECN's VHLM GM Rankings Pre-S67 [2/2]

FrostBeard

ECN - Copy.jpg

ECN's VHLM GM Rankings Pre-S67

ECN is launching a news series that will come out before the season to talk about Top General Managers in VHLM. This time we will talk about Top 5 GM's in VHLM.

Because ECN is strongly influenced by our chief editor John Frostbeard and his ties with Houston Bulls, we will not include him in our rankings.

So let's begin!

5th 

GM GustavMattias of Mississauga Hounds

This might seem like a weird pick but here at ECN we strongly believe that a rebuild can work and not only be a great place for talent to grow but give the team the necessary time to build up players and acquire more in the draft. This is exactly what GM Gustav has done - he has effectively combined a competitive last season with building grounds for the next few seasons. This not only gives waiver pickups a chance to play top minutes and show what they can do, but it helps to reacquire those waiver pickups next season and give them a chance to compete in playoffs with gained picks from selling of the active players. 

4th

GM Acydburn of Ottawa Lynx

GM that has been in his place for a very short time, but has proven to be the mastermind of the draft as he was able to steal 2 top-rated Centerman in the draft from all the other teams. We at ECN believe that his acquisitions will prove to pose a threat to many of the top tier teams in VHLM. Added to that, his mentality as to how the team should be run is superb and he seems to show the quality of patience and poise in his dealings with other GM's and people around VHLM.

3rd

GM Josh of Yukon Rush

Making a bottomfeeder team into a championship calibre team in just one season while gaining two Goalie prospects is a remarkable achievement! GM Josh is proving that sometimes a focused future plan for the development of the team is the key to success! The team that clearly was not considered a powerhouse last season will be in Top 5 easily when it comes to standings, there is a fairly high chance that Yukon could rush into Top 3 in VHLM this season, but for that, we have to wait and see how GM Josh will improve their roster.

2nd

GM BladeMaiden of Philadelphia Reapers

On our list Executive of the year will be placed in 2nd place just because assets that helped Reapers be a top team in VHLM for the 2nd season in a row were mainly acquired before last season. It doesn't, however, take away anything from the fact that Philadelphia seems to be a frontrunner with a headstart for another Founder's Cup victory. We at ECN are interested in the question - will GM Blade try to improve their already stacked roster while the season will be going full swing or will Reapers trust their players to take them again to the Playoff Finals and another Founder's Cup?

1st

GM Rayzor of Minnesota Storm

A clear winner this season for us at ECN. Amazing trades, strong draft and a roster to be feared by all teams no matter how strong they themselves are. Rayzor has done everything he can to make Minnesota Storm a destination that many desire. Clearly S68 draft will be rough for Minnesota but considering that with smart moves and future plan in mind GM Rayzor was able to acquire 15 draft picks for S69 we believe that Rayzor will show why only a few weeks are needed in GM's spot to prove to everyone that his team is ready to compete right here and right now!

Surely, there might be other GM's worthy to mention but for us, at ECN these are the GM's who hold our respect and make VHLM a better place for players and people involved!

See you right before S68 for the next Top 5 GM's of VHLM!

Brought to you by Frostbeard Entertainment 

People mentioned: @GustavMattias, @Acydburn, @Josh., @BladeMaiden and @Rayzor_7

Edited by FrostBeard

3 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

Btw, where the hell is Nyko?<span> ?

42 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

@Nykonax this article tho...

27 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

Lol

As much as I love you Nyko and do believe that you are a good GM.

You finished:

2 points ahead of MIS

5 points ahead of SDM

Currently have the worst TPA team 

Had 1 playoff win (same as MIS)

Less picks in next 2 seasons than MIS/SDM

I won't speak for why he had any expansion in 5th, if it weren't for the fact that he wouldn't include Houston I assume Gustav wouldn't have made the list.

52 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

As much as I love you Nyko and do believe that you are a good GM.

You finished:

2 points ahead of MIS

5 points ahead of SDM

Currently have the worst TPA team 

Had 1 playoff win (same as MIS)

Less picks in next 2 seasons than MIS/SDM

I won't speak for why he had any expansion in 5th, if it weren't for the fact that he wouldn't include Houston I assume Gustav wouldn't have made the list.

Acyds whole team was built by me and Esso, and his later picks in the draft have already gone inactive

I'm not trying to throw shade cause this is just some meaningless list, not do I care that much

Was your coffee laced with something today? lol

Fun read anyway, ;) but my neck is a tad kinked after all the head-shakes

• Commissioner
44 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Good list I actually agree with all the rankings except @Josh. being so high.

Let's see where you end up on the VHL one ?

To respond to all the lovely conversations, I do stand by my list as I tried to evaluate every situation accordingly. 

@Beaviss He allowed me to play with HHH that is why he is so high, but in all honesty, I do think that currently, that is where I would rank him - he made a quality team that will compete from scraps. 

I think Rayzor has shown that his moves and smart dealings (from my perspective) gave him a notch over Blade. 

Anyone else there fits perfectly in my book.

1 hour ago, Jtv123 said:

"he seems to show the quality of patience and poise in his dealings with other GM's and *people around VHL*" (AcydBurn)

That is a BIG negative and no no.

How is that a negative?

• 1 month later...

Review: As I've been doing these reviews I love coming back to the articles posted at the beginning of the season, to see what the expectations were for all the GM's and teams. I'd be interested in seeing the opinion now. As always, your ECN pieces are a great read. Love the formatting and styling, as well as the well thought-out content. Great work!

Review: As a newbie to this league this is great information for someone like myself to get a little background on each team and their GMs. I enjoy the detail you went into on each GM. Thanks for the read!

11 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

Oof I see this rivalry now ;)

laughter lol GIF

(jokes of course, love you @FrostBeard,)

On the real, I'd have put you 3rd since you turned Houston around really well this season. Keep it up brotha!

Shhh, this was posted before the start of S67, I am slowly working on the next one, just need to see draft results :D 

• DollarAndADream changed the title to ECN's VHLM GM Rankings Pre-S67 [2/2]