DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

On 3/7/2021 at 9:00 AM, fonziGG said:

Answer 6 questions for 2 tpe. 

1.) How does it feel to go out so early?

2.) What are you going to do this off-season?

3.) Are we throwing a retirement plan for those retiring this season?

4.) Who’s throwing the first BBQ next season?

5.) Do you have any strange food restrictions?

6.) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

1. It's never a good feeling. I certainly could've played better, but we've got a chance to run it back with almost the same roster, so hopefully we can all improve enough to make a real difference.

2. Gotta work on my skating. I've got a fair bit of room to improve there, and that's what I'm targeting.

3. For sure. This year especially, we've got to celebrate some great hockey that's been played over the last 8 years.

4. Not me! I can't cook for my life!

5. Thankfully, no!

6. Germany, for sure. Gotta go back home* !

Ugh, I really wanted to believe that last year was legit and not just lightning in a bottle. I hope it gives Stone Cold more time to stay in shape as he gets older as we set up for next season.

I thought I was just going to be chillin in the rooftop pool with X and the gang, but now we've got to help Tanger find a place in DC. Maybe he'll move in with X and I?!?! There's a reality show in the making.

Buddy, the leaaague is throwing a retirement party for Guy and Benny. The other teams are celebrating that they don't have to play against those beasts anymore. We'll have a party to celebrate them for sure.

Definitely Tanger, rookie initiation means buying all the food and fixin's for our season-opening BBQ. What? He's not a rookie? Too bad, he's a rookie here.

Not me, but M is allergic to garlic, onions, and peppers, so I don't get to eat any of those things. Turns out garlic and onions are like the main flavour in any sort of cooking! We get creative with spices and other stuff. Ginger is a great replacement for garlic. She's not deadly allergic, just breaks out in hives and gets an itchy tongue and throat. Once she passed out from the smell of grilling garlic shrimp. Now I get a bit sicko when I eat them because they've been out of my diet for long...

I've been a lot of places, but never Europe. Would love to go there. Second would be somewhere in Central Africa, a cool Nigeria or Kenya. I like going off the beaten path.

On 3/7/2021 at 4:00 PM, fonziGG said:

Answer 6 questions for 2 tpe. 

1) It's really unfortunate, we know we can do much better than that and will work even harder next season to show it.
2) Practice , practice and ....... practice. I feel like our D's chemistry wasn't good enough last season so we will for sure work on it this off-season, alongside, of course, individual training, gotta hit up the gym more.
3) Obviously, Guy and Benny have been massive contributions to this organization and that will always be remembered. 
4) The new guy on the block - Alex, that's a tradition.
5) No, not really.
6) I'd love to go hang gliding over some nice views, like a jungle or some big mountains.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, here are some questions for you to answer if you would like.

1. How do you feel about where the team is heading at the moment with all of the new players?
2. What would your personal pet dragon look like?
3. Do you all of the players on the DC Dragons have wings under their jerseys, or is that just a rumor, who do you think spread this info and why?
4. What does your player like to do to wind down after a Dragon's match?
5. Does your player have any sort of lucky charm that they bring with them onto the ice?
6. What does your player eat for breakfast in order to keep in shape?

On 3/18/2021 at 9:53 PM, Riley_Couture said:

Hi everyone, here are some questions for you to answer if you would like.

1. How do you feel about where the team is heading at the moment with all of the new players?
2. What would your personal pet dragon look like?
3. Do you all of the players on the DC Dragons have wings under their jerseys, or is that just a rumor, who do you think spread this info and why?
4. What does your player like to do to wind down after a Dragon's match?
5. Does your player have any sort of lucky charm that they bring with them onto the ice?
6. What does your player eat for breakfast in order to keep in shape?

1) It's bound to happen eventually, players can't play forever unfortunately and a youth movement is required at some points, I am excited to play with all the new players!
2) Black with purple stripes

3) It's in my contract that I cannot answer this question publicly, although I am very surprised someone let this one out.

4) Ove likes to listen to norwegian music after games, makes him remember where he came from.
5) Dyrdahl has a deer chain that he always wears everywhere, he got gifted it by his father
6) big cereal fan.

PRESSER FOR S77 Week 1:

1. GM ENO says this is a "wait and see" year for the Dragons. Best case scenario, what do we see this season?

2. What do you think we'll see?

3. What would convince you to blow up the core and rebuild?

4. Do we have any trophy winners on the roster this season??

5. What are your goals for the year?

6. The seasons are changing; what's your favourite season?

3 hours ago, bigAL said:

PRESSER FOR S77 Week 1:

1. GM ENO says this is a "wait and see" year for the Dragons. Best case scenario, what do we see this season?

1. I mean, the best case scenario is winning the cup. Whether we're in a position to do that is the big question, but I have faith in the folks on the team to step up and get the job done.

2. I think we're just going to get on the ice every day and try to be the best we can be.

3. I don't think this is a decision for me to make, as we're in the business of winning games, not planning on what to do if we lose.

4. In terms of individual awards, I don't think anyone has won anything yet. Would be nice to see some folks win individual awards, but would prefer a championship trophy instead.

5. I think my immediate goal is just to adapt to the Dragons' style of play and continue to build chemistry with my teammates.

6. Winter, I love snow!

On 3/24/2021 at 1:02 PM, bigAL said:

PRESSER FOR S77 Week 1:

Still not clear, but hopefully playoffs with some playoff success

Middle seed playoffs

a million dollars

Hopefully we all are this season

Maintain a starter job on the Dragons

The Spring is my favourite season, but winter is a close second.

On 3/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, bigAL said:

PRESSER FOR S77 Week 1:

1. I hope that we see everyone doing their best and working together to acomplish greatness.
2. I think we will see Jeff accidentally sneeze, dragon flames spewing all over, melting the ice, giant puddle. Oops.
3. Nothing.
4. Hopefully.
5. For this year I am just going to collect as much TPE as I can, and see where it takes me. I can't earn max TPE anymore so hopefully I am still doing my best.
6. I like autumn, the weather is a good temprature, the trees are a beautiful colour and we get all kinds of tasty treats, like pumpkin spice coffee.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, bigAL said:

PRESSER FOR S77 Week 1:

1. I think there's a chance we could come back roaring after our poor start. I don't see why we have played as bad as we have.

2. I think we'll start getting more wins and rebounding back.

3. I don't think anything. Wolski has this season left and 1 more. Why not keep him around until he retires and just try again next season?

4. All I really want is a trophy, but some individual awards would be great for the team.

5. Just play well as a goalie and not be a liability to the team.

6. I'm a fan of Winter/Spring because it's snowboard season.

PRESSER FOR :DCD: S77 Week 2:

1. Well, we got our bot games out of the way. Do you have any kind words to say to B-DCD-G?
  2. DC always starts slow and heats up at the end of the season. When we turn it around, what will the key to success be?
  3. What are you specifically doing on the ice to get this season back on track?
  4. Do you have any superstitions that can bring us good luck?
  5. When the team isn't doing so hot, owners usually fire up some wacky promotion to get bums in seats. What's happening at the Dragon's Den this season?
  6. It's SBA recruiting season (according to my DMs). Do you have any interest in sim basketball? If you say yes, make sure to tag @dennsor ex-AGM @fonziGG

1 hour ago, bigAL said:

1. Well, we got our bot games out of the way. Do you have any kind words to say to B-DCD-G?
  2. DC always starts slow and heats up at the end of the season. When we turn it around, what will the key to success be?
  5. When the team isn't doing so hot, owners usually fire up some wacky promotion to get bums in seats. What's happening at the Dragon's Den this season?
  6. It's SBA recruiting season (according to my DMs). Do you have any interest in sim basketball? If you say yes, make sure to tag @dennsor ex-AGM @fonziGG

1. I have absolutely nothing kind to say to that son of a bitch. The VHL isn't for you, buddy.

2. We just need to get everyone rolling, get that chemistry together. We're not all clicking yet and we need to be better defensively. We're allowing way too many goals against which we can't do.

3. Just trying to play responsibly on defense while trying to chip in offensively. Been scoring more goals this season than any other, and I'm on a ridiculous pace. Just leaning into it and trying to ride the hot hand, or hot stick I suppose.

4. I've been using the same jock strap since I cracked the VHL, and we did pretty well on Moscow. I'm just gonna keep using this thing 😅

5. Pretty sure I saw something on twitter saying Groovy Dood would be doing "dances" for the parents???? What's that about??? Been seeing a lot of ladies come to games these days.....must be some kind of correlation.

6. I'm already in the SBA, I'm a career minors guy so far lol. On my 4th player and haven't left the SBDL yet.

On 3/30/2021 at 5:47 PM, bigAL said:

1. Thanks for nothing, buddy.

2. The goaltender, I'd say. Wolski needs to heat up.

3. Preventing pucks from going into the net.

4. Give the posts as many stick taps as I can.

5. The DC Dragons have partnered with the Calgary Dragons of the SHL to bring chicken parmesan meals to the arena.

6. I've been in the SBA for years! Currently Garrus Vakarian in Miami. Love that league, and very glad the SBA/VHL affiliation is happening otherwise I wouldn't be in both.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:47 AM, bigAL said:

1. You tried your hardest, that's all you can do.
2. Working together as a team, getting lots of passes for example.
3. I have been sharpening my hockey boot blades to make sure I can skate faster.
4. We should praise our lord and saviour the flying spaghetti monster, there's proof he is real and so we should give him offerings in return for good ice time. Proof:  https://youtu.be/eulZ21oJbu0
5. Buy one get one at the same price. It will be so memeable that people will actually come.
6. I want to be in less sim leagues, not more.

Week 3! Week 3! Week 3!

1. We're halfway through the season and the standings are toight. Top 5 in the conference make it to the playoffs - do we?

2. What do we have to do to crush the back 9 of this season?

3. Halfway through the season, how are you doing with your goals? Are you meeting your expectations for this season?

4. Dragons are best, obv, but what other team would you like to play for someday, and why?

5. What's the worst penalty in hockey?

6. Discord or forum?

22 hours ago, bigAL said:

Week 3! Week 3! Week 3!

1. We're halfway through the season and the standings are toight. Top 5 in the conference make it to the playoffs - do we?

3. Halfway through the season, how are you doing with your goals? Are you meeting your expectations for this season?

4. Dragons are best, obv, but what other team would you like to play for someday, and why?

6. Discord or forum?

1. I think we can definitely make it, but we've struggled a little bit again recently. Might need to make an acquisition or two, but we're definitely capable of playing much better. Just haven't done it consistently enough yet.

2. Just tighten up a bit more defensively, we're allowing too many goals.

3. I think overall I've been doing well, have been on a 4 game slump though. Would like to break it and help the team win some more games. Will just have to try to think less about putting up the most points or blocking the most shots and just playing my game.

4. I've said this many times, but Davos. I know they've had a rough history and I think it'd be nice to be part of the turnaround.

5. Abuse of official. 100% of the time, they deserve it - unless the ref is Wes McCauley. He's a gem.

6. A little bit of both, y'know? I love Discord because of how easy it is to have a conversation on there, or hop on a call with folks. But reading out paragraphs or having lengthy discussions can be more fun on forums.

On 4/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, bigAL said:

Week 3! Week 3! Week 3!

6. Discord or forum?

1. I think we'll make it. I 100% believe in this squad.

2. We need Wolski to keep playing great down this stretch.

3. I started off rocky, and now I've been better. I hope I can continue to do so.

4. I've played for a lot of VHL teams over my career of players. I wouldn't mind playing for a team that I never have before. Helsinki, Chicago, London, LA, Malmo, Moscow, Prague, or Warsaw.

5. I might have to agree with Spartan's answer here.

6. Honestly, I have to say both. I've been on VHL for awhile, so I'll always be accustomed with the forums, but Discord just gets you faster access to users.

Week 4: Theme Week Edition

1. What's your favourite VHL what if... moment?

2. I wrote my What if... about the S75 DC run to the Finals. What's your memory of that season?

3. What would happen if you had never discovered sim leagues...?

4. Trade deadline has come and passed, and DC BOUGHT despite being in the bottom of the standings. What advice do you have for our new Dragon friends, Jay Jones and Ryan Schwarz?

5. If we had been sellers, where would you like to be traded to?

6. Now that we have evolved to our final form, where do we finish in the standings?

12 minutes ago, bigAL said:

Week 4: Theme Week Edition

1. What's your favourite VHL what if... moment?

2. I wrote my What if... about the S75 DC run to the Finals. What's your memory of that season?

3. What would happen if you had never discovered sim leagues...?

4. Trade deadline has come and passed, and DC BOUGHT despite being in the bottom of the standings. What advice do you have for our new Dragon friends, Jay Jones and Ryan Schwarz?

5. If we had been sellers, where would you like to be traded to?

6. Now that we have evolved to our final form, where do we finish in the standings?

1. Oh boy.....what if Letang didn't spear an opponent in the last 10 minutes of Game 7 in last season's EU Conference finals.?The result was a Warsaw powerplay goal on the ensuing 5 minute major. If only.....

2. I don't recall S75 very well, but over in Moscow it was a decent season for me. Bit of a lull in points, didn't quite hit a point per game. But all runs end somewhere, seems like both Moscow's and DC's run that season ended prematurely.

3. Yeesh, I honestly don't know what I'd be doing right now. Probably playing video games on an Xbox, maybe some other GM leagues. Hadn't done player leagues before that.

4. Trade deadline is next Monday :) But thrilled to see the duo come over, as I spent time with both of them last season on Moscow. Excited to see how we improve with them!

5. Davos would be up there, as I don't think it's been a secret that I'd like to play for @GustavMattias someday. Also wouldn't mind New York, another league buddy there in @Esso2264. Also when I was AGM, we mildly schemed to try to draft Letang there, so I suppose that's another "what if"

6. 1st place in the NA conference baby!

Presser for Week 5 - The REAL Trade Deadline edition

1. Ok I lied last week and said the TDL passed. Doesn't matter, we make all our trades last week. What do you think is better for a player or a team, get traded at the TDL or before it?

2. What do you think your player would fetch GM Eno in a trade?

3. There's yet another flurry of VHLM management jobs opening. Would you ever consider going into management? (People who are already management, tell us why the rest of the plebes should)

4. What's the point task you're most proud of in your career? (bonus points for hyperlinks)

5. Our annual Chess Tournament is getting into the playoff rounds. Do you play chess, or any other brain games?

6. What's your favourite discord server to be a part of, sim leagues or otherwise?

On 4/19/2021 at 4:57 PM, bigAL said:

1. Ok I lied last week and said the TDL passed. Doesn't matter, we make all our trades last week. What do you think is better for a player or a team, get traded at the TDL or before it?

3. There's yet another flurry of VHLM management jobs opening. Would you ever consider going into management? (People who are already management, tell us why the rest of the plebes should)

4. What's the point task you're most proud of in your career? (bonus points for hyperlinks)

5. Our annual Chess Tournament is getting into the playoff rounds. Do you play chess, or any other brain games?

6. What's your favourite discord server to be a part of, sim leagues or otherwise?

1. I don't think it matters to be honest.

2. Probably some draft picks and maybe some young guys.

3. Not in the VHL since it's not my main league.

4. Some SBA network articles. Too lazy to link lol.

5. I play some scrabble.

6. BBBBBboys server!

On 4/19/2021 at 11:57 PM, bigAL said:

1) Probably before the TDL, gives more time to adjust to new teammates/team

2) I trust our GM completetly

3) I enjoy managment games so I probably would enjoy managing a VHLM/VHL team but it takes a lot of attention and time, because you are not managing AI, you are engaging with other players and that requires a lot of dedication that I cannot bring to the table right now.

4) No particular tasks, think they all are balanced

5) I used to play chess when I was younger, then got kinda bored with it
6) Our locker-room for sure, lots of fun in there

Presser: the RIP edition

1. Well shit. We lost. What do you have to say to the fans in your locker-cleanout interview?

2. Allegedly there's 'playoff' games happening. Do you follow along with the VHL post season once you're eliminated?

3. Who do you think will win the Continental Cup?

4. Who do you want to win the Cup?

5. What's your level of enthusiasm to be playing in the Lottery Draft Tournament?

6. We've got some rookies coming up next season, most notably creed @assassin6898. What sage advice do you have for them in their offseason before their rookie year?

1 minute ago, bigAL said:

1. Well shit. We lost. What do you have to say to the fans in your locker-cleanout interview?

2. Allegedly there's 'playoff' games happening. Do you follow along with the VHL post season once you're eliminated?

5. What's your level of enthusiasm to be playing in the Lottery Draft Tournament?

6. We've got some rookies coming up next season, most notably creed @assassin6898. What sage advice do you have for them in their offseason before their rookie year?

1. Uh, thanks for the support, really means a lot. Not sure what the future holds but I hope to be part of a revitalized D.C. effort next season.

2. Yeah I always like to follow along here and there, it's good to still watch some hockey even when we're not playing, you can learn a lot.

3. I'll probably root for London since I'm friends with their GM and have some friends on the team as well, old teammates from Moscow.

4. Oh I answered the wrong question ig, but I'll still stick with London.

5. Playing is playing, at least we can try to prove that we're not the worst of the bunch as our record indicates.

6. Don't be surprised if you suck lol. Not every rookie can be a PPG, don't think any rookie in S77 went for a PPG. Just set realistic expectations and you'll be fine.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:58 PM, bigAL said:

1) We tried our best but ultimately fell short, we're gonna come back stronger next season

2) Nah not at all.

3) Seattle
4) Seattle
5) tbh not motivated at all right now, looking forward to the offseason where I can train and improve my game for the next season
6) Be prepared for everything, games are gonna get tougher and more grindier than the VHLM, train hard and never give up.