The realistic limits of being horrible

David O'Quinn

The Ottawa Lynx are... trash, to say the least. With ninety six goals for, and two hundred and eleven goals against, this makes their goal differential a whopping -115, compared to the next worse of Saskatchewan's -66. This is no wonder, as Ottawa only harbors three active players. But this isn't the worst a VHLM team has ever been:

Team

Goal Differential

Season

Houston

S66

Mexico City

S67

Philadelphia

S65

Saskatoon

S67

Mississauga

S67

Las Vegas

S66

Ottawa Lynx

S68 (48GP)

(It won't let me un-bold it)

With the Ottawa Lynx on pace for a -172 goal differential, they're certainly not the worst ever. That spot goes without competition to the Houston Aces of 'S66, a team where only two players scored more than 20 goals, where they had a defenseman by the name of Londortharl end the season with a -106 +/- rating... this team was a disaster, as is the current Ottawa Lynx. It may all be worth it, however, as only last year was the year the Lynx Won it all, in game 4 of the Founders Cup versus the Minnesota Storm. They will rise again, as all franchise's do.

Edited by JohnOQuinn

13 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

Is that shitty GM who replaced Esso still there? No wonder they are like that now

That "shitty GM" won a cup last season...

1. Wins a cup

2. active and mature

3. great league member and contributor to league process and such

= shit GM

VERSUS

1. player is semi active but claims he deserves top line minutes

2. Publicly asks out and says he’s going to FA while also publicly dissing The bird AKA NYA GM. 
3. could have probably earned like 200 more TPE than he has now? 
4. shit disturber in his current LR

5. 96.3% of the league has no clue who the fuck he is.

= .... ?

I have nothing personal with you but @Acydburn is BEERZ DE. Fuck with him, you fuck with us. 

bear GIF

20 hours ago, JohnOQuinn said:

The Ottawa Lynx are... trash, to say the least. With ninety six goals for, and two hundred and eleven goals against, this makes their goal differential a whopping -115, compared to the next worse of Saskatchewan's -66. This is no wonder, as Ottawa only harbors three active players. But this isn't the worst a VHLM team has ever been:

Team

Goal Differential

Season

Houston

S66

Mexico City

S67

Philadelphia

S65

Saskatoon

S67

Mississauga

S67

Las Vegas

S66

Ottawa Lynx

S68 (48GP)

(It won't let me un-bold it)

With the Ottawa Lynx on pace for a -172 goal differential, they're certainly not the worst ever. That spot goes without competition to the Houston Aces of 'S66, a team where only two players scored more than 20 goals, where they had a defenseman by the name of Londortharl end the season with a -106 +/- rating... this team was a disaster, as is the current Ottawa Lynx. It may all be worth it, however, as only last year was the year the Lynx Won it all, in game 4 of the Founders Cup versus the Minnesota Storm. They will rise again, as all franchise's do.

Let's be fair to that S67 Mexico team, they'd just lost Zoiderberg, MGS, Rodriguez, Fontenette, Takahashi, and Chyrnoble. At least they had an excuse to fall off a bit.

Also be nice to Acyd. He's our boy.

Edited by HenrikZoiderberg

12 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Is that shitty GM who replaced Esso still there? No wonder they are like that now

Funny funny funny

The GM won the cup in his first season in.

Is an active member of the community and has taken on multiple jobs. 

Is a mature GM and is respectful and nice within the GM community and trade talks.

Vs

Who the fuck are you?

Oh right, public dissing that same GM who got promoted. 

Publically asks out and threatens free agency.

Shit disturber 

Semi-active player who calls to be the top line while have a third line player

Oh and last but not least

You are an attempted cheater, stealing other people work in some cases nearly word for word and have been caught twice and faced multiple PT Bans already. 

Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

11 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

Is a mature GM and is respectful and nice within the GM community and trade talks.

Hey bud, thanks for defending me when I'm not around. ;)

lol

Other than this joke I'mma stay out of this fight. 

21 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

Funny funny funny

Vs

Who the fuck are you?

Oh right, public dissing that same GM who got promoted. 

Publically asks out and threatens free agency.

Shit disturber 

Semi-active player who calls to be the top line while have a third line player

Oh and last but not least

You are an attempted cheater, stealing other people work in some cases nearly word for word and have been caught twice and faced multiple PT Bans already. 

Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

steve brule what GIF

Wait, what is this nobody talking about? Who actually is this Jtv123? 

How can you talk shit to one of the best people in VHL, person who has contributed and helped many new players and is running his team on a high level?

Just wow...

1 hour ago, HulkHogan said:

@Jtv123 Next time you make a player take a page out of my book, name him your username. It will force people to know your player name cause im sure as hell nobody knows right now

Ya you fucking tell him, Randy Orton.

1 hour ago, HulkHogan said:

@Jtv123 Next time you make a player take a page out of my book, name him your username. It will force people to know your player name cause im sure as hell nobody knows right now

I know his player name (Alessandro Rodriguez) only because he complained to me when I was the USA WJC GM and he was on the third line

4 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

I know his player name (Alessandro Rodriguez) only because he complained to me when I was the USA WJC GM and he was on the third line

So he's one of those guys who expects first line minutes despite being behind more talented and active players? 

coffee lol GIF

23 minutes ago, Elmebeck said:

Poor O'Quinn.

"I'll do some stats, that'll be a good thread!"

:)

Anyway, yes, this was a good article.

I'd be interested in seeing the true "worst" seasons, as much of the VHLM isn't on the portal. Don't want to give Victor ideas and make him start asking trivia questions based on spreadsheets that I can't find anywhere.