Season 74 VHL Draft Lottery

Quik

Season 74 VHL Draft Lottery

Date: Monday, August 31st, 2020

Time: Noon EDT (Approx.)

As this is the largest Draft Lottery ever, with 6 teams included, and @Will has been so kind as to give us our own custom Draft Lottery Tool, I figured what better time to finally get some screen recording software? Before getting into the final draft odds and the lottery itself, a reminder of the new rules regarding the Draft Lottery:

Spoiler

The first six picks of the first round of the VHL Entry Draft work on a lottery structure. For the purposes of Standings, non-playoff teams will rank 11-16, regardless of Regular Season points earned (i.e. If Toronto finishes in 6th place in the North American conference, but had more points than two European conference Playoff teams, they will be considered 11th Place in the standings, despite finishing with the 9th most points in the league, overall).

The odds for winning the lottery are based on the VHL's regular season standings, and begin as follows, though they may change following the Draft Lottery Tournament, as outlined in Section 9.2:

• 16th Place: 30.0%
  • 15th Place: 22.5%
  • 14th Place: 17.5%
  • 13th Place: 12.5%
  • 12th Place: 10.0%
  • 11th Place: 7.5%

Only non-Playoff teams are eligible for the Draft Lottery. The maximum spots a team can move down is 1 spot. If the result of the lottery still allows teams to move down a maximum of one spot, there will be additional lotteries until teams may no longer move down.

*An additional reminder that, should any subsequent lotteries be needed after 1st Overall has been decided, the odds will change depending on the winning team

i.e. Should a team with 10% odds of winning the lottery win 1st Overall, their "tickets" will be removed from the lottery and the following lottery will be conducted as odds of x/90, rather than x/100.

Onto the odds for the Season 74 Draft Lottery. At the conclusion of the Regular Season, prior to the Lottery Tournament, the odds began as:

Spoiler

:chi:Chicago: 30.0%

:ldn: London: 22.5%

:war: Warsaw : 17.5%

:la:Los Angeles: 12.5%

:que: Vancouver (via TOR): 10.0%

:prg: Prague: 7.5%

With the conclusion of the inaugural Draft Lottery Tournament, congratulations (or condolences) to Toronto for being the first ever winner of said tournament, the final Draft Lottery Odds are as follows:

:chi:Chicago: 27.5%

:ldn: London: 17.5%

:que: Vancouver (via TOR): 15.0%

:prg: Prague: 10.0%

4 hours ago, Quik said:

Draft Lottery Video:

(No audio because I'm at work)

Draft Lottery Results:

Reveal hidden contents

Draft Lottery Video:

Draft Lottery Results:

Spoiler

1. :war:Warsaw Predators

2. :chi:Chicago Phoenix

3. :ldn: London United

4. :prg: Prague Phantoms

5. :la: Los Angeles Stars

6. :que:Vancouver Wolves (via TOR)

• Quik unlocked this topic
  • Commissioner
56 minutes ago, Quik said:

:chi:Chicago: 27.5%

:ldn: London: 17.5%

:que: Vancouver (via TOR): 15.0%

:prg: Prague: 10.0%

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that LA and Vancouver should be flipped so these are actually in order?

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that LA and Vancouver should be flipped so these are actually in order?

LA doesn't lose their spot in the draft order, they still stay at 4 even though they've been passed in odds. Looks weird, but there's a method to the madness.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Quik said:

LA doesn't lose their spot in the draft order, they still stay at 4 even though they've been passed in odds. Looks weird, but there's a method to the madness.

Ah, that makes sense. So their odds are lower but they can’t drop past 5th because of the 1 spot rule.

Carry On you crazy bastard

3 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

Will you post the stream or whatever in here @Quik? Or is it gonna be another post?

I'm going to upload it to YT and post it in here. I've got a placeholder spot waiting for it right after OP.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Quik said:

Draft Lottery Video:

Draft Lottery Results:

Spoiler

1. Vancouver

2. who cares no one else paid me

3. who cares no one else paid me

4. who cares no one else paid me

5. who cares no one else paid me

6. who cares no one else paid me

?

2 hours ago, Quik said:

Draft Lottery Video:

Draft Lottery Results:

Reveal hidden contents

@VHL GM

2 minutes ago, Will said:

image.gifimageproxy.php?img=&key=e84d546e8c0fefa7

me watching the vid and waiting for an internal server error 

Still not in the clear yet, Sully. Gotta see how it reacts to playoff ordering ?