S75 LVA Progress Report

JigglyGumballs

So here we are again with Las Vegas's progress report for S75! If you guys don't know, this is a huge ass article where I take a look at the entirety of LVA's roster to determine their progress at the start and end of the season. So yeah. Another thing to keep note is that the stats are outdated as the sims came after I recorded the stats since I didn't do this all in one shot for once. Anyways let's get right into it!

:veg: C - Its Gucci, TPE: 254 @frescoelmo

16 GP, 4G, 11A, 15P, 0+/-

So starting off with our new number 1 center Gucci. Last season’s 2nd line C now promoted to top line minutes and has since proven pretty solid in his line. I will be lighter on how many points these guys have and get mostly due to the fact that we have a more defensive team this season. Literally 3 of our top 5 highest TPE players are D. Anyways, Gucci with 15 points in 16 games has proven that he is still really solid and deserving of that no. 1 C position. He could use some better defensive stats though.

:veg: D - Matt Thunder, TPE: 254 @Matt thunder

16GP, 4G, 10A. 14P. +2

Next is LVA’s number 1 defenseman, Matt Thunder. And yes, I’m typing “Thunder” with a capital T. Despite being the highest TPE defenseman, he isn’t the highest TPA defenseman. That role goes to both Linus Zetterstrom and Chase Crosby. A pretty solid build, Thunder is looking to add upon his defensive stats already having 20+ shots blocked this season, he is also likely to have more hits as well. Offensively, with 14 points in 16 games played with a +2 rating, thunder has provided a good amount of support in the back end with 10 assists. He should eclipse his point totals from last season and put up a solid amount of stats in a defense heavy Las Vegas team.

:veg: D - Chase Crosby, TPE: 243 @Wreckening

16GP, 1G, 10A, 11P, -1

Let’s get down to the Chase shall we? (Fucking kill me) You’d think that Chase Crosby would be playing right by Thunder in the first defensive pairing right? Afterall, he is the next highest TPE defenseman. On the contrary, Thunder isn’t even playing top 2 minutes. Crosby’s partner is none other than Las Vegas’s Swedish sensation, Linus Zetterstrom. I’ve talked about how much of a defensive defenseman Chase Crosby was, and to a degree, he’s still held that sort of game, The +/- doesn’t show it, but the shots blocked and hits does. The reason as to why I think Crosby has a minus rating may be because he’s a defensive defenseman playing with a pass first defender. Nevertheless, another player who I can almost guarantee a new career high in points along with capping out by the end of the season, Chase Crosby is another big piece to Las Vegas’s defense.

:veg: D - Linus Zetterstrom, TPE: 239 @Ledge_and_Dairy

16GP, 3G, 7A, 10P, -2

Speaking of Swedish sensation, we got ourselves Z. Not to be confused with @Zetterberg, Linus Zetterstrom is Crosby’s partner in the first pair. A pretty good 3 goals and 10 points in 16 games, Zetterstrom has become a bonafide draft steal. This first gen talent has a pretty good pass first build with a good amount of TPE invested in skating and puck handling. So far he’s been able to represent his pass first build on the scoreboard, but with his current partner being known as a stay at home guy, you could see why he might be a minus player. He’s guaranteed to eclipse his point totals by the time of the trade deadline, even before that if his production keeps going smoothly. A fine pick for Riga indeed.

:veg: RW - Artair McCloud, TPE: 230 @Hoopydog

16GP, 6G, 6A, 12P, 0+/-

Now moving on to another draft steal, we got none other than Artair McCloud. Gucci’s partner on the wing, he’s got a solid 12 points in 16 games. A purely offensive player restricted by the team’s emphasis on defense, McCloud has already beaten his career high of 11 points from last season. McCloud is someone, who given the opportunity to, will be a deadly weapon to any team’s offense with an 85 in scoring. He had a great jump from 3rd line forward to 1st line winger, and has since worked out nicely and produced a solid amount of points. One thing I’ve noticed is that a good chunk of LVA’s players are Riga prospects, and McCloud is another one of them. He will be a great addition to their future.

:veg: D - Joakim Lund, TPE: 206 @Bouncyelf

16GP, 1G, 2A, 3P, +3

Joakim Lund has had an interesting career so far, poised to play his 4th full season in the VHLM. Lund is a strong defensive defenseman who’s hard checking and shot blocking allows him to be very effective on his side of the ice. He doesn’t wow you with offensive stats, but as you can see from his +3 rating, which is the highest +/- in defenseman so far, his value shines on defense. As defenders should. With what he’s looking like this season, he may be regressing in terms of offense but as I will reiterate, his value comes with his defensive game.

:veg: RW - Kelly Power, TPE: 204 @Nordin

16GP, 5G, 5A, 10P, -1

The Irishman sure likes to tussle around. Kelly Power is the enforcing body of the top line, with a whopping 60+ hits along with his 10 points. This guy may be poised to have a 150-200 hit season if he keeps up the pace. He really emphasizes the Power in his name eh? Anyways, one thing to consider is that he doesn’t block a lot of shots and he is the only minus player in this top line. So his hard checking game may actually not be the best in some situations. At least he contributes to the scoreboard to compensate.

:veg: RW - Connor Sim, TPE: 192 @SimmerDown99

16GP, 7G, 10A, 17P, +4

Connor Sim is the one of the only few players in this roster who has more points than games played with a great 17 point performance in 16 games. He’s also the highest +/- player in this roster. What’s even more damning is that he’s playing 2nd line minutes. Maybe there’s some sort of chemistry between him and his linemates, resulting in great offensive production particularly towards Sim. Another person who has broken his career high from last season, this high scoring forward is not only another draft steal, but a decent pickup for Riga as well. Might as well start calling them the Riga Aces.

:veg: LW - Angel Wachuire, TPE: 180 @inflastud

16GP, 9G, 10A, 19P, +3

Angel Wachuire leads this Las Vegas team with a stunning 19 point, 9 goal, 10 assist season so far with a good +3 rating. Wachuire is poised to tie if not break his point totals from last season. My only concern is his activity. His updating has been very inconsistent though a nice reminder will get him to update. Nevertheless, a really solid performance from the player. The 2nd line has been doing something good and I wouldn’t want to change any bit of it if the production keeps up.

:veg: D - Breeze Ladrian, TPE: 169 @Kelsier

16GP, 0G, 8A, 8P, +2

When you have a 169 TPE defenseman playing in the 3rd pairing, you know you got a stacked defense. Despite Easy Breezy’s limited ice time, he still managed to put up 8 points in 16 games. And much like my VHL career, he’s at a 0.5 point per game pace. A pretty good +2 along with nearly 20 shots blocked, Ladrian is a pretty solid pass first defender. Partnered with Florida man Vincent Correll, he provides a solid amount of depth and can contribute really well on the scoreboard for some good secondary scoring. Not much I can say other than it is possible for him to move up next season, and will be a pretty good piece for Moscow.

:veg: G - Matthew A Sovick Jr, TPE: 152 @matt sovick

16GP,  10W, 3L, 3OTL, .887SV%, 2.91GAA

Now let’s put the spotlight on LVA’s starter, Matthew Sovick. His stats are well… pretty good regarding the situation? Well Sovick has shown glimmers of greatness and is likely to stay for next season as well. Acquired from a trade that dealt Vegas’s S75 first in exchange for Sovick and a S76 first, Sovick has provided decently solid numbers. Nothing too crazy. You can tell that he’s definitely getting a lot of help from the team’s defense, but as he improves over time, you could probably see improvement soon enough.

:veg: C - Evgeni Shevkov, TPE: 150 @Syzygy

16GP, 0G, 6A 6P, +2

Rounding out the 2nd line is Evgeni Shevkov. Would you be surprised if I tell you that he was drafted in 73rd overall? Even more so that he was over 100 TPE when he was drafted. The number 1 center of the future, Shevkov’s 6’2, 205lbs frame provides a net front presence which definitely helps his linemates put up the points. His stats won’t wow you now, but his frame definitely helps in terms of providing a good screen against the other team’s goalie. He does need to work on his puck handling a bit more. His faceoffs are good though. 

:veg: RW - Andy Nexber, TPE: 138 @Domino Draws

16GP, 5G, 2A, 7P, +1

Yes we’re playing a 140 TPE player on the 3rd line. I’ve talked about how good our defensive depth is, but you can’t deny how solid LVA’s top 6 is. Nexber with 5 goals, 2 assists, and 7 points has already beaten his 1 point in 72 games last season. His build has TPE applied to stats like penalty shot, faceoffs, and a few more. Some, especially the penalty shot, I really wouldn’t recommend. Nevertheless his puck handling and scoring could be really nice assets in the future as he’s expected to become a top contributor for Vegas next season. The spotlight will shine on you someday Nexber, and hopefully you will shine.

:veg: G - Aksu Maronen, TPE: 123 @aksuko

1GP, 0W, 0L, 0OTL, .933SV%, 2.51GAA

Now let’s take a look at our backup. Finnish goaltender Aksu Maronen. Maronen was never drafted in the VHL, instead Seattle took Maronen up via free agency. And since Maronen was drafted by us, he’s been updating regularly and has been active. His first taste of VHLM experience had him have a pretty good performance with a .933SV% and 2.5GAA. Hopefully he’ll get some more games in and get more chances to show what he’s made of. He and Sovick would be a pretty good tandem if both remain next season.

:veg: C - Hex Rose, TPE: 120 @Hex Universe

16GP, 1G, 3A, 4P, -1

Hex Rose was brought onto the team via waivers and has become an amazing first gen sensation. His high activity and max earning  is very reminiscent of @PatrikLaine early on. His ability to quickly understand how the league works makes him a top candidate for any job he applies for in the future. (Just don’t steal my job pls) Anyways, player wise, he’s not doing too well. 4 points in 16 games with a -1 rating. This sort of production will only improve in the future but for now, it’s mediocre at best. Playing only around 8-10 minutes a game, his limited ice time is probably playing a factor in his point production. Nevertheless, keep up the good work!

:veg: D - Vincent Correll, TPE: 102 @correllvincent

16GP, 0G, 5A, 5P, -2

When our resident Florida man, @NickSunderbruch left Las Vegas to go to Toronto, we saw it fit to draft another one in Vincent Correll. So far he’s rather tame compared to Sunderbruch but he’s been decent being the 6th Dman in this team. 5 assists with 0 goals in 16 games, his limited ice time has played a factor but he’s been pretty fine. Shouldn’t have put that much TPE into discipline though. I have said that Correll gave me Linus Zetterstrom vibes but now that’s kinda died down. I do wish you would be active more in the LR as well as earn a bit more TPE by at least doing the press conferences. Hopefully you can maybe get out of that “Clicker” (people who only do practice and welfare) status soon.

:veg: C - Noah Mashford, TPE: 79 @Mashy

14GP, 2G, 1A, 3P, +3

Starting to round off our bottom 6 here, we got Noah Mashford. With every draft comes a pleasant surprise, and Mashford was that pleasant surprise. I didn’t really think he would be active when we drafted him. Heck we even dropped him from the roster so that we didn’t get a knock from the commissioners. We did use our FA claim to get him back though and now if he becomes a “Clicker+” (welfare + practice, plus other PTs like pressers) he can be a pretty good draft steal for us. In all honesty, anyone drafted 96th overall and is active is a draft steal.

:veg: RW - Nathan Askarov, TPE: 66 @NathanM2983

14GP, 1G, 1A, 2P, -1

Askarov is another waiver signing. He’s been okay with his 4th line production having 2 points in 14 games. My main concern is his build as TPE was applied all over the place, I wouldn’t recommend putting anymore in leadership, faceoffs (for now depending on whether or not you ever play C in your career), penalty shot, and discipline if you plan on having a good amount of checking. Passing and scoring also needs a significant amount of separation from each other. If you have the same amount of passing and scoring, you’ll do neither. Nevertheless I’ll be happy to see where your progress goes from here.

:veg: D - Alexis LePrince, TPE: 63 @AnthonyOuellet

16GP, 1G, 2A, 3P, 0+/-

For a person who was drafted 109th overall, I really don’t know what to say. Earns mostly through affiliate, LePrince has been okay as of now. I didn’t expect much when he was drafted and my expectations haven’t changed since. 3 points in 16 games, our lonely 7th D has been pretty fine as of now. Hopefully we’ll get you your own defensive partner soon. Other than that I really don’t have much to say as of now. Maybe in the future.

:veg: RW - Jah Coon, TPE: 62 @denns

16GP, 2G, 0A, 2P, +1

I personally love Jah Coon’s name. Other than that there’s nothing much I can say for this 4th line winger. What’s nice is that he has a +1 rating and his build does look good. 2 goals and 2 points in 16 games, Jah Coon has been okay as of now. He like LePrince, Askarov, and Garceau are players I will have a better understanding of sorts once we get closer to the end of the season.

:veg: C - Fred Garceau, TPE: 60 @Fredoushka8

14GP, 1G, 1A, 2P, -1

The most recent addition to the team, Fred is another waiver signing. So far he only has his base TPE, and that’s actually sorta concerning me. I have sent you a guide on what you can do to earn TPE, and if you need further help, please reach out to me and Spartan. Hopefully afterwards, you’ll be able to get a promotion soon enough. With 14 games played and only 2 points, he’s been okay. Another thing to keep in mind is to avoid leadership and penalty shot since those aren’t useful stats.

Anyways, that's it for now. thank god I didn't have to do this with juniors players or else I'd be extra fucked. This has been the S75 LVA Progress Report, and hopefully near the end of the season, we'll catch up on your favorite LVA players and how well they've done!

(2682 words, holy shit I can claim this for over a month)

Edited by JigglyGumballs
Apparently I can't spell again

11 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Hex Rose was brought onto the team via waivers and has become an amazing first gen sensation. His high activity and max earning  is very reminiscent of @PatrikLaine early on.

Keep it up @Hex Universe!

• 3 weeks later...