WSJ Walks Away

Cornholio

This is bittersweet. I've had a blast and a great ride with my first player in this league, Wolf Stansson, Jr. Or was it really my first? For some reason I may have been McLovin or Sexy McSexington a very long time ago, like during the first decade of this league or something. Not sure why I didn't last long. But yeah, I made an effort to stick around all those seasons with Wolf Stansson, Jr. If the forum search tool is correct, I created Wolf Stansson, Jr. just over a year and half ago (June 2019) and time sure flies by fast. I guess as is the practice with those kind of pieces, I should be thanking some folks. So here goes nothing. 

@Rayzor_7 Thank you for helping WSJ get started with that late-season signing to Minnesota Storm in S66. I wish we did more but at least we made it to the playoffs and you did help me out. I wish that you had kept me around for S67 but it was not meant to be.

@Josh  S67 with the Yukon Rush... that was a great VHLM team, I'm still bummed that we did not do more. I mean, we had @CowboyinAmerica @.sniffuM @Seabass @Jbeezy76 @Speed  @Ace  and a couple of other solid members. Outstanding D, still not sure how we lost in the first round to Halifax (?). But yeah, this year helped WSJ get going and gave me some excitement to what a scoring D-Man could do.

@diamond_ace  This guy gets the biggest thanks out of everybody. He gave me inspiration and a reason to really stick around -- WSJ ended up being the first ever rookie drafted to the Prague Phantoms back in S68 (12th overall). I'm not even sure if I would have stuck around if I went to another team and probably toiled in relative anonymity which would have tuned me out. With Prague I had a chance to get first line minutes right away and that motivated me to help see Prague through from the bottom up. I'm disappointed that Prague has underachieved through the eight years and I'm sorry I couldn't have done more. I hope that you have no regrets picking WSJ. 

WSJ unfortunately walks away with no awards at all and three or four early playoff exits. Nothing except a couple of Prague all-time marks (which will eventually be broken). 

This is the part where I just randomly tag people thanking them for being Prague teammates and spending time together in the LR (other than the ones already mentioned). This is off the top of my head so sorry if I forgot you! @Jayrad28 @BladeMaiden @omgitshim @Doomsday  @animal74  @AW13  @Grape @TacticalHammer   @Kisslinger 

On to That Dude it is then. 

Edited by Cornholio

It was a pleasure having you as a teammate over the past year and a half. I'll always look back at WSJ's fondly as he and Seabass got to play over 450 career games together and got drafted from the same draft class. We broke into the league as a pairing and grew our players from there over the seasons. You made a big mark on the Phantoms franchise and your retiring on top of the Phantoms all time scoring list setting the mark to beat at 446 career points, almost 100 points more than, @Jayrad28 Alex Pearson,  and his number got retired... hint hint @diamond_ace  🙃.

Best of luck to you in the future. 

Edited by Seabass